UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central) Reviews

Jamaal Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 08, 2020

Kronos will meet all your needs!

Alternatives Considered

Kronos Workforce Central is a robust software and is very easy for everyone to use. From management to employees, each person plays their part in using the software and our department was able to learn how to use it right away. We are constantly still learning new things but overall it is a great software.
Read Jamaal Dickerson's full review
Becca Guler | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Kronos: A Step (or 2) Up from PeopleSoft HCM

Alternatives Considered

I used Oracle People Soft HCM for four years at my last organization and rarely had a good day with it. While I was not part of the selection process for Kronos as it was already in use at my new organization when I began there, I have found Kronos much simpler to use. Many of the actions in PeopleSoft had to be batched overnight before they would display to everyone else (i.e., if I corrected to employee time, it would be after midnight before the system fully processed it, and the employee could see on their side that I had entered the change). Kronos Workforce Central isn't perfect, but it's been a significant improvement over PeopleSoft HCM.
Read Becca Guler's full review
January 22, 2020

Kronos: Easy to Use, Easy to Track

Alternatives Considered

Since I have been employed at my job, we have never used anything other than Kronos Workforce Central and it's perfect for what we need. I believe it was selected before I became an employee here and I know that the process of finding products, this one would have been chosen because of its ease of use.
Jo Fowler | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2018

Overall we are very pleased with Kronos and it handles all aspects of our timekeeping.

Alternatives Considered

We have had Kronos timekeeping for many years, and before this we used a very manual process. I was not a part of the team that chose the Kronos timekeeping system, so I really cannot say what other systems were considered for this application, if any. Kronos has done the job we needed.
Read Jo Fowler's full review
December 09, 2018

Kronos - Could Be Better. Could Be Worse.

Alternatives Considered

The company implemented Kronos long before I took my role, but I have been present for the upgrades to the system. I have also used other versions of Kronos in my past roles. Workforce Central is definitely the more modernized version of Kronos. It definitely has its issues, although it is more user-friendly than previous versions. I also find that it's fairly comparable to systems like ADP Enterprise.
John Pavarini | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2018

Solid Tool for Large Organization

Alternatives Considered

Kronos and Dayforce are the two timekeeping systems I’ve worked with in recent years. Kronos feels a little more comprehensive and is my primary timekeeping tool both for myself as well as my staff. Kronos is a great tool for a wide range of shifts, working locations, and pay codes. In this context, I would pick Kronos over Dayforce. On the opposite side, Dayforce is extremely user-friendly and has a “cleaner” user interface if that is a contributing factor for anyone. Also, for managers who oversee large teams (30-50 team members) then Dayforce is a bit more simple to approve time cards, hours, and leave. Kronos is a bit clunky with all the clicks, and managing large teams of hourly employees would be a huge time suck to go in to review/approve all.

Read John Pavarini's full review
Betsy Scruggs | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2018

Kronos

Alternatives Considered

Kronos is the only company that isn’t company owned that I’ve used. I’ve used it at two different companies and really enjoy it.
Read Betsy Scruggs's full review
Juan Osegueda | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 27, 2016

Kronos Workforce Central... First time user, and I'm Impressed!

Alternatives Considered

Other than Kronos, I've only used Oracle PeopleSoft HCM for time and attendance. In comparing the two, I find that Kronos is far more high-end and busy and complicated, whereas PeopleSoft is simpler and to the point. With Kronos, there is some refining to do to it to get the time tracking tools to appear simpler, but once you customize it to your needs, it works real well. Again, the key to ensuring that the suite works well for you is to spend time with your Kronos representative who will scale the software to work as you intend it to.
Read Juan Osegueda's full review
Spencer Hamons, MSOL, CHCIO | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 03, 2015

Kronos Workforce Central - Works even in the Bush of Alaska

Alternatives Considered

Workforce Central was our selection because it capable of being virtualized (using VMWare), utilized SQL as the back-end database versus Oracle (which was cheaper to license and talent was easier to find), and because the price-point beat out their competitors. We did end up spending more money than anticipated on consulting services, but that was due to continual changes to the project scope as more features were found to be useful.
Read Spencer Hamons, MSOL, CHCIO's full review
Chris Page, RN | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2014

Kronos Workforce Central

Alternatives Considered

The WFM space is highly competitive and Kronos WFC is not always ideal for everyone. That said, Kronos' experience and high degree of understanding the needs of customer has enabled separation from the competition and delivers a tremendous application.
Read Chris Page, RN's full review
September 19, 2016

Timekeeping Excellence

Alternatives Considered

During my tenure at my organization we've only used Kronos and have not considered moving to another application to document employee time.
August 12, 2016

100+ Employees? KRONOS is a No Brainer!

Alternatives Considered

KRONOS is by far one of the best, if not THE best multi-faceted systems I have used. Right up there with ADP but slightly better for what I needed it for.

UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central) Scorecard Summary

About UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central)

UKG Workforce Central is a full workforce management suite of solutions for scheduling, absence management and timekeeping boasting powerful reporting and analytics functionality. The vendor says Workforce Central can be optimized to an organization's particular industry, and can scale globally. It can be implemented in the cloud or on premise. Workforce Central is designed to help users automate, optimize, and simplify the management of their organization’s workforce. According to the vendor, the solution enables organizations to reduce labor costs, improve productivity, minimize compliance risk and improve employee engagement.

Robust reporting and analytics provide visibility into real-time and accurate data, via alerts and dashboards, which aim to help make informed decisions. Self-service capabilities allow access at any time from PC or via the mobile app.

UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central) Features

UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central) Competitors

UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central) Pricing

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Required

Contact sales for pricing information at 1 (800)-225-1561.

UKG Workforce Central (formerly Kronos Workforce Central) Support Options