UltiPro Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Bonnie Downey | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2020

Customer For Life!!

UltiPro is being used across our company. The ability for employees to see their own data when needed by them cuts down the number of calls to the Payroll and Human Resources departments. Having their information available 24/7 allows our employees access to their data on their own time. Opening up UltiPro to allow changes initiated by our employees allows them more control of their data and gets them personally involved with the process.
  • Manages updates in a timely manner.
  • Forward thinking.
  • Stays up with technology changes.
  • Built a software for end users!
  • I would like to see history on job allocations.
  • I would like the ability to print multiple check stubs at 1 time.
  • I would like to see more standard workflow reports.

We have been a customer of Ultimate Software since 2004. We are so pleased that this is a solution for our whole company; Benefits, Payroll, Training, Safety and HR. We do not have to worry about our data being out of sync because it is being ran in several different software's.

Each year there are new and exciting enhancements added to the software platform that are relevant to our needs or a way to make our life's easier.

• Security and peace of mind
In our first year of leaving ADP to go to Ultimate Software, we saved over $100,000 and that was with conversion cost. With our previous provider, we had to wait on them for payroll. Now we have more control over the system and the data within.
Read Bonnie Downey's full review
Jay Dotson | TrustRadius Reviewer

UltipPro from a Recruiting Focus

The entire organization utilizes UltiPro. It addresses recruiting, onboarding, payroll, self-service, and performance.
  • Ulti manages payroll very well.
  • Ulti manages the performance management aspects well.
  • Ulti has good customer service.
  • Ulti is able to onboard effectively
  • The recruiting module has room for improvement.
  • Better communication to candidates in recruiting.
  • Emails should be able to CC others in the system.
  • White label email communication to candidates and managers. No-reply is easy to ignore.
  • Reporting needs to really improve in recruiting.
UltiPro is a very good HRIS system. Better tracking of candidates in the recruiting system would be an improvement. Req approval process is good. They recently made improvements to the offer letter process but the data is not reportable nor does it show up in the candidate presence. You have to check too many sections to know where someone is in the process.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
There is a lot less double-entry of information now that we have a seamless and integrated system. The ATS is not best in the breed but we make do with the system since it naturally integrates with the rest of the HRIS solution. The new offer letter function saves lots of time for us.
Read Jay Dotson's full review
Juan Osegueda | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

UltiPro is now my favorite Payroll & HR Platform, hands down!

Nov 2018 Update: I have used Ultipro now at two different organizations. One that used the Enterprise solution, and more recently another that used only Core. Ultipro continues to thrive by implementing innovative customer suggestions and implementing stellar upgrades with their Spring/Fall releases. I love that Ultimate Software is making Core more like BackOffice, in that Core is now able to handle a lot of the heavier things once possible only to experts and Ultipro account managers, all while providing the awesome customer support that Ulti is known for!

April 2016: Ultimate Software's UltiPro is so simple to use, that I'm raving about it to my former colleagues! I've used other platforms for payroll, but UltiPro is by far the simplest to use. Did I mention that it's easy to use?

My organization uses UltiPro for Payroll and Benefits, for Onboarding and ad-hoc reporting, and uses Ultimate Software's Payment Services to file and pay our taxes and wage garnishments. I love that the product is web-based, accessible from anywhere, and that it really is very simple to navigate and to work with, that it seems as though it covers everything and anything that you can possibly think of. They truly listen to their customers, too. For instance, if you come up with an idea to improve the platform, you can share them with Ulti and they'll get right on it and if it makes sense, they implement it!

• Tax and wage statements, as well as the new 1095C reporting available online for all users.
  • Quick processing of payroll, simple execution of benefits and open-enrollment, great reporting suite.
  • Technical support and training available at all times.
  • Online and on-site training available for all sorts of learning paths.
  • Impactful integration of Ultipro with Cognos Business Intelligence.
  • Easy to use Onboarding.
  • No cons. Absolutely the best HCM platform I've used!

Nov 2018 Update: I've had the opportunity to use UTM--Ultipro Time Management in the U.S. and it seems to rival Kronos' suite quite well. Distinctively, it handles complex timekeeping rules (OT: California, hint hint!, and other qualms brought on by each state's labor departments). And I've also seen UTM used effectively across the pond, working really well in EMEA (especially in the United Kingdom) and APAC (India a plus!)

April 2016: UltiPro gets the job done! Not only can Human Resources use it for Onboarding and processing new hires, but all employee information flows so well into Payroll and benefits. It's easy to assign security roles based on multiple prompts and controls. The web-based platform is ideal for most, and it's "BackOffice" Citrix-based window portal is powerful as well, ideal for more advanced users.

I'm well-versed in tax and unemployment, handling all state and federal reporting in-house, so it's great to see that UltiPro offers this service for those who might be overwhelmed with each state's monthly/quarterly reporting requirements, and they do a good job of working with you to ensure that all taxes are paid and reported on time.

• Security and peace of mind
Ultipro really does allow organizations the ability to create time -- by this I mean when admins learn to use Ultipro to capacity, Ultipro has the ability to do things behind the scenes that give workers the opportunity to do more with their time. For instance, analysts and admins can use Business Intelligence reporting to find errors in collected data BEFORE there is a problem, cutting down on payroll processing errors and better benefits administration. And as of 2017, Ultimate Software's XANDER brings artificial intelligence to Ultipro, helping recruiters and managers make informed decisions based on millions of data points already housed in a customer's environment. And now Ultipro's ability to generate surveys also makes any organization well-informed on what employees favor or dislike about an infinity of topics that the employer wants to know about.
Read Juan Osegueda's full review
Lisa Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2020

View from a Payroll User

We utilize UltiPro for our HR and Payroll solutions. We also have compensation (but not currently using) and recruiting. All employees use the self-service and utilize UTM for our time clock so it is used across the organization. We also utilize many BI reports for analytical reports in other areas such as budgeting, turnover and of course general ledger reports.
  • Payroll processing - I love the fact that you can update a check in real time. No canceling the payroll calculation just to update one check.
  • Payroll processing - The process from start to finish is simple and easy to follow
  • File transfer - I like the fact that I can run a standard report and send it to someone through UltiPro rather than email. Much more secure.
  • Deduction setup - There is an option for Deduction Start but no option for when it should stop if an employee terminates. The only selection is Stop deductions at termination. Our deductions go until the end of the month so we have to manually update them on the check in order to pull them in.
  • Model My Pay - Since the changes in the tax setup it doesn't seem to be working correctly. You use to be able to update your taxes and do a check calc to see if that is what you needed. I updated my taxes and did the model pay and was totally different than what was actually paid.
  • Tax filing - Issues that need resolving should be dealt with more timely. I have had a couple of cases out there for 6 months or more with no updates or responses and I keep getting letters adding more interest and penalties.
Although somethings could be done better, overall I prefer UltiPro over any other I have used in the 25 years of being in payroll. Having learning resources available for employees helps reduce employees reaching out to payroll to explain.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Payroll processing time was reduced from a FT overtime position to a PT position. And currently, with 1000 employees, we are operating with just one PT person to process payroll. By combining all of our HR and payroll into one system, UltiPro really helped streamline everything.
Read Lisa Smith's full review
J.R. Rowenhorst, PHR, SHRM-CP, CTRM | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

Strong HCM suite for midsize organizations but lacks some integration and standard features many clients would expect

Across the entire organization by all employees. It greatly helps us manage and engage our workforce from recruiting to performance management.
  • Payroll and time off management is great for personal employee use.
  • Job applicants are easily brought into onboarding and core with little effort.
  • Menus, branding, look, and feel are very consistent and user-friendly across the platform.
  • UltiPro Recruiting is far behind other ATSs on the market especially given how crucial it is to recruit good talent; strong integration is needed with third parties like Linkedin, Glassdoor, Indeed, CRMs, email marketing, etc.
  • Data flow from one module to another and true integration needs to be improved.
  • All UltiPro data needs to be available in Cognos Analytics.
Great for midsize organizations. It might be too much for small businesses and not enough for large enterprises. It makes sense if you are looking for an integrated HCM suite, but is not the best if you need all the bells and whistles from best of breed solutions.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
For the most part, we have. We wanted a single platform for a consistent employee experience across our entire workforce and it has helped with that although we have lost quite a few features after moving from best of breed modules.
Read J.R. Rowenhorst, PHR, SHRM-CP, CTRM's full review
Susan Shires | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2020

Wonderful System. Would like to expand to other modules.

Payroll and HR. Automated the PR system for us.
  • Reducing time for employee new hire entry for Payroll and HR.
  • Back office payroll is easy to use.
  • Reports, reports, reports. Wonderful.
  • Lookup for employees or supervisors: Make it the same, either search by name or lookup
  • A way to delete multiple uploads of Payroll without calling the Help Desk.
  • Controlling where direct deposit goes without calling Help Desk.
  • Easier BI reports.
Multiple payroll groups.
  • Security and peace of mind
We Got Ultipro to convert from a very antiquated system, so all looked good and did many things we needed.
Read Susan Shires's full review
Debbie Weaver | TrustRadius Reviewer

UPstanding Customer Service!

Across the whole organization, working specifically with HR & Payroll, and with any reporting needs for both.
  • Customer service is outstanding.
  • Features for both Admin & Employee are easy to use.
  • Always has training available for any aspect of the organization. i.e. Payroll, Taxes, Reporting, etc.
  • The back office needs to have the visibility enlarged.
  • The back office is rather plain - no color.
  • I do not like entering garnishments in the portal because it is cumbersome.
Very pleased - can't think of anything.
  • Security and peace of mind
As a payroll administrator, I feel very secure using UltiPro as it contains all of our personal information.
Read Debbie Weaver's full review
Nancy Blue | TrustRadius Reviewer

A High Performance Team

We are using On-boarding products, Payroll, Tax Services, Payment Services. It is being used by HR, Recruiting, Payroll, Accounting.

We are looking to address the business problem of high turnover through Perspective reporting.
  • Payroll: The product is simple and can handle all payroll process.
  • Garnishments: Services are almost seamless and responses are immediate when needed.
  • Year-end/W2: Process simple and easy.
  • Taxes: I believe although I have made major strides since 2018 taxes still are very slow and still do not have the expert knowledge needed.
  • Compliance: More awareness of compliance earlier needed to be added.
  • Recruiting: Needs to be simplified with more reporting to assist in hiring candidates.
I believe the overall service is extremely high and feel that UltiPro cares, and stays connected to the customer, which is absolutely necessary to understand the changes and business needs.
  • Costs savings
No, but we are hoping to achieve them this year with UltiPro.
Read Nancy Blue's full review
Kate Nere | TrustRadius Reviewer

Mixed Feelings

We use it as our HCM. We have the payroll, recruiting, and onboarding modules running. It is mainly used by my HR dept, but all employees have access to view pay stubs, w2s, etc. Hiring Managers use it for recruiting too. It addresses our need to keep employee data all in one place. We can limit access so finance can see specific data vs what a manufacturing employee can see.
  • Model My Pay - My employees love using this function so they can change their taxes and 401k, and see how it changes their pay before they make the change.
  • Recruiting - Everything from start to finish is there, from job posting to onboarding a new hire.
  • Payroll is relatively easy, especially when I need to run an off cycle.
  • Taxes - We have huge issues with our taxes. For example, Ulti just processed NY taxes for Q4 2017. We constantly get tax demands and are hit with interest and penalties.
  • Communication - It feels like once you get through implementation, you're on your own. It would be nice if someone from Ulti connected with us quarterly to help us optimize and use new features.
  • Customer Success Portal - Everytime I create a case, it feels like it takes weeks for someone to just look at it.
UltiPro has a lot of functionality but you have to have time to figure it out and use it. I don't think it would be good for a one man HR dept or a smaller business. I think it works well for us in the mid-market sector.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
I think we can use it a lot more than we currently are but we just don't have the time to figure it out. I'd like someone to come in, see what we're using, what we do, and what we can start using to make HR easier.
Read Kate Nere's full review
Kyle Pearson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Great product but there is room for improvement

UltiPro is our HCM and payroll software. It is used organization wide by all levels of employees from employee self service, to performance/comp reviews, to payroll and HR administration. It is primarily used by HR and management but it touches all aspects of the organization.
  • The core product is solid, it does payroll and HR admin very well.
  • In recent years UltiPro has been great at introducing innovative products and features that increase its return on investment (Onboarding) and allows a high degree of customization (Platform Configuration).
  • From an Admin perspective, UltiPro's resporting capabilities are great. The recent integration with Informatica has also allowed us to better utilize HR data and integrate with other parts of the organization.
  • I've been supremely disappointed with the new File Management software. Specifically the implementation team we have been working with. They do not know the first thing about Core UltiPro and I am constantly told they can't help because they know File Management, not UltiPro. It can be very frustrating as they work for Ultimate not Peoplesoft and should have basic knowledge of the suite or resources who do.
  • I feel like at times UltiPro is more interested in releasing new modules that they can charge customers more for rather than fixing the shortcomings of their existing products. A great example of this is Benefits Prime. Rather than improving the core benefits module, they release Prime and try to upcharge to fix issues we're been dealing with for years.
  • Sometimes dealing with support can be frustrating. Depending on who your case is assigned to. I get the feeling some of the support reps just want to get me to close the case as soon as possible rather than research and come up with the best solution.
UltiPro is best suited for an organization who has the resources to dedicate individuals to build out and customize the product. It really is a great product with a lot of innovative features but it takes time and expertise to get these set up correctly.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro has certainly helped us to come closer to achieving these goals. Of course there is always room for improvement.
Read Kyle Pearson's full review
Ashley Pavich | TrustRadius Reviewer

Employee Self-Service Rocks!

We are using UltiPro for our HRIS system. Including the following modules/areas, payroll, benefits, onboarding, recruiting, core, etc. Our main goal when implementing was to have one record of truth administratively and for our employees. We now have payroll and benefits in the system and our employees are able to change and update their information on their own. The self-service portion eliminated emails to our HR reps on a daily basis. We also implemented UltiPro to help with our financial reporting.
  • Employee Self-Service allows employees to make their own indicative data changes.
  • BI Reporting.
  • Payroll - Easy payroll process.
  • Benefits/Life Events in the Core system - Very generic.
  • Off-boarding - Currently there isn't a space in the system for off-boarding employees.
UltiPro is well suited for an HRIS system, payroll, generic benefits, onboarding, and recruiting. It could use some work in the implementation of UTA. I felt like we didn't have a smooth implementation with enough training.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have achieved a few of the areas that we wanted to consolidate. We are still continuing to make improvements with different modules.
Read Ashley Pavich's full review
LaTonya Madison, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

UltiPro is the best HCM hands-down

UltiPro is used by the entire organization. UltiPro address the business need of having all employee information in a centralized location which allows for efficient payroll processing, data management, robust reporting, and analytics.
  • UltiPro empowers the users to customize the system via Platform Configuration.
  • UltiPro is very intuitive which makes even the least technical person comfortable with using it.
  • UltiPro is a solid HCM tool that allows companies to leverage the technology in driving business decisions.
  • I would like to be able to make change/termination reasons and drop-down values active or inactive and display placed on that status.
  • I would like to see more pages that are platform configurable.
  • I would like the capability to import to the business rules tables.
UltiPro is well suited for any company looking for an easy to use yet robust tool.
  • Time savings
We are achieving this goal through implementing Manager Self Service.
Read LaTonya Madison, PHR's full review
Peggy Krueger | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Ultimately Happy to be using "Ultimate Software"

UltiPro is being used across the whole organization. Payroll, Benefits, Onboarding, Recruiting, Accounts Payable, Finance, Performance Management Continuing Education.
  • Paychecks, W-2s, Reporting, Employment Taxation
  • Benefits, Open Enrollment, PPACA, 1095cS, Reporting Non-Discrimination Testing, Census and Compliance Testing for 401k, 401k Contributions.
  • Financial Reporting, 1099s, A/P Checks, Budgeting.
  • Business Intelligence is a bit complexing with setting up reports, filters, and not so user-friendly.
  • Changes in Open Enrollment need to have more flexibility...Deleting benefits that are no longer used but have history as 1 example. We would like to see more clean-up in this area. Also being able to run reports for Open Enrollment before the start of a new year. We are locked out to see benefits elected for 1/1 during the preceding month of December.
  • Webinars could be longer and have more detail or time to work in the program or module, and training in system more accessible at UltiPro and onsite.
Payroll, A/P, Performance Management, benefits. Difficulty in having to go to more than 1 area or module to make changes (one module may not connect with another, so having to go to more than 1 place to make a change.)
  • Security and peace of mind
Setting up file feeds is expensive and after we sign off, more changes will cost us at the price of the original Service Request. We would like to make some changes, but the cost prohibits us from doing so, thus we do more manual work to get there. Example: our payroll file was developed by UltiPro but is only a 180 file to our 401k Provider. We weren't able to do a 360 file so that our Provider could import to us also. Thus I have more manual work and loss of time savings.
Read Peggy Krueger's full review
Cortney Reese | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Amazing UltiPro

UltiPro is being used across our entire company. We use UltiPro for payroll, recruitment, employee reviews, employee documents, PTO just to name a few. UltiPro keeps our company on track.
  • Time management
  • PTO
  • In recruitment it is a little hard to resend new hire paperwork.
  • PTO is always up to date for employees to see.
Instead of using a punch time clock, you can just enter your time in UltiPro and it keeps track for you. The downside to this is that employees can fib on what time they are in and leave since it isn't a punch.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro is an excellent way to save money and paper. Green is always better. Having all the HR in one program is wonderful and efficient. The security of UltiPro definitely gives us a peace of mind. To know that our personal information is safe is big deal.
Read Cortney Reese's full review
Brian Roche | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love the system!

We use UltiPro as our HR/Payroll solution for every employee spread across 250 locations. One of our primary reasons for selecting Ultimate was the ease of use that the system provided. Being in a high turnover business that was critical in allowing us to ensure that all employees at every level were able to use the system.
  • Allows changes to be easily made.
  • Processing payroll for 5,000 employees is just a few clicks.
  • Built-in training resources.
  • Enhanced learning functionality.
  • Quicker rapid response to issues.
We have been thrilled with UltiPro since our implementation in April 2019. It is a perfect solution for a workforce that is spread out in 5 states with a high turnover level.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have achieved all of these outcomes. The most surprising one was that we didn't expect to see cost savings but having UltiPro allowed us to consolidate a lot of the things we were doing and eliminate a lot of indirect expenses we were incurring with our old system.
Read Brian Roche's full review
Nghi Nguyen | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Customer support could be better

Currently, we are using it company-wide. It keeps track of employees' information.
  • It keeps track of our employee records.
  • User-friendly.
  • Always improving.
  • BI reporting.
As an HR product, it is a great tool to store employees' information but as the product is expanding to add other components, it becomes more difficult to maneuver around.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
It is hard to maneuver within the system as it is expanding and the UltiPro database is not layout in ways that make it easy to pull a report. For example, pulling something from UTA and Core together is not doable and require service request. If adding another component and even though it is the same software, I'm not sure how it all will work.
Read Nghi Nguyen's full review
Matthew Getz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great HRIS!

We use UltiPro as our global HRIS, and additionally in the U.S. as our payroll provider.
  • Covers many facets of HR.
  • Allows for global usage.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • Improvements in performance management.
UltiPro is perfect for our environment. It has a broad reach into many HR areas and is easy to use for both our contributors and managers.
Read Matthew Getz's full review
christine copeland | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Ultimate Software is the best for ease of use and support

We use UltiPro for most Human Resources functions, Commission, and Payroll payments. We also integrate Time Management for timesheets that feed to payroll for processing. We just implemented our commission payroll this last year, and we are now looking at Onboarding so that the flow between systems will be seamless.
  • Time Management - Time Sheets
  • Year-End Reporting
  • Processing W2 forms
  • Ease of using the system
  • Support for problems and issues is excellent
  • BI reporting
UltiPro is well suited for W2 forms and not so well suited is 1099 forms. I think they could do a little more for 1099 users.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
I am just looking into it now.
Read christine copeland's full review
March 05, 2020

UltiPro, our life and time saver!

We went live in 2016 to use for this for payroll and our HRIS system. Now we use it for time management, recruiting and performance management. We are looking into the file management/case management in the near future and wish to move to Benefits Prime.
  • The payroll program is very user-friendly and we never had issue paying associates.
  • Great reporting tools including standard reports to BI.
  • We can empower our associates to control their data and also managers can easily navigate info.
  • The Support team and timing. Before we came to Ulti, we had one person designated and handled all the issues and question. With Ulti, we have to wait for someone to respond to the cases we open. It's not really timely.
  • Tax. As even Ultimate people know, we have received quite few delinquent notifications from different states.
  • UTA program is very limited with support and the mobile App UTA is just not working.
It's definitely great products for the payroll and benefits aspects for midsize to a larger company. Rapid response teams are very helpful for any urgent issues and questions.
However, normal support with cases, response time drops down significantly.
Also, some products are great for themselves but don't talk to each other. This gets problematic when we run reports.
  • Security and peace of mind
We used to use two products - ADP for payroll and PeopleSoft for benefits/HRIS. Now having both, and more in one place, it saves lots of our time. Also, we know Ultimate's best interest is to secure clients' info and data. We always feel safe that our associates' info is protected.

Great Product, Still Needs Some Improvements

We use UltiPro across our entire organization. It is our HR system and Payroll system. We use it to onboard new hires, house personal information, and as a time system for about 30% of our organization. We pay all of our employees via UltiPro. We are hoping to utilize UltiPro, even more, going forward, hoping to get more than 75% of our company using it as their time system and using it to communicate with our employees. We are hoping to use it as an employee directory and for our union population in the future as well.
  • Employee information - the amount of employee information that can be readily stored in UltiPro is significant for our organization. We also utilize platform configuration a lot to house other information that we need for our organization.
  • BI - I love BI. The reports that we are able to write and customize is essential to running our organization smoothly.
  • Customization - The need to customize fields is essential to us! UltiPro makes it so easy to keep our information organized.
  • Imports - Being able to import in the web is so much better and easier than it was in the back office.
  • Customer Service! My number one complaint is still the new (ish) customer service model. I used to be able to submit a case and I knew the person on the other end of the phone, I knew who was going to call me. They knew my company and its quirks. Now it seems like all cases just go to random people. I have had a case that was closed 3 times and moved to a different department, started with UTM, they closed my case and moved it to Core then they closed it and moved it back to UTM. Every time I get a new person and have to re-explain everything all over again. Every time I get a case I have to explain our company's anomalies, etc. I also enter support cases and they don't get picked up for DAYS! I've gone almost a week sometimes without hearing from anyone. I used to get some sort of response in 24 hours. I don't know why the customer service department/model changed, but it was definitely not for the better.
  • Not being flexible. We have submitted cases where sometimes the answer is just 'the system doesn't function that way' - case closed. That's not a good answer, as HR people we can't tell our employees that. Sometimes our people don't even have workarounds or solutions for us. We just get "it doesn't work that way".
I would definitely recommend UltiPro to almost anyone. I do believe it is a great system with great potential. I would not recommend UltiPro to anyone who runs a stadium, for example. The ability to able to schedule the facility for various different events just doesn't exist in UlitPro. They don't have the software for that, and there are software's out there specifically for those kinds of venues. I would recommend UltiPro as a payroll system and records management system to anyone. For those things, like maintaining personal information, important pay information, etc., UltiPro is great!
  • Security and peace of mind
We are working on cost and time saving, which I believe go hand in hand. If we can get correct data into and out of UltiPro, we will be able to save so much time and money but doing less manual work, which will free people up for other projects, etc. We use multiple time and record systems right now, due to UltiPro not having a stadium venue solution, so being able to import time onto timesheets more easily and integrate our systems so the employee information would flow back and forth would help us really use UltiPro as our main system of record. With data protection being top of mind for a lot of people these days, security if a big issue for anyone. I have faith that UltiPro is keeping our information safe and can trust the process and the system to continue to keep our information safe.

UltiPro Recommendations

Ultimate is being used for our Core HR system of record for 16 of our operating companies.
  • Payroll.
  • Reporting.
  • Human resources.
  • Benefits.
  • Interfaces/Integration details.
  • Improve turnaround time of SR's.
  • More functionality for mid-market clients.
Ease of use for processing payroll and benefits administration. There are some limitations on system configuration for mid-market clients which can be costly with time constraints. Processing payroll and benefits administration works well for both the operating teams and employees. Would love to see more options and usability with UTM and reporting.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have not fully achieved the business needs to date. We have several different operating companies and we would like for them to operate separately and securely and sill roll up to one company, There are some company-specific options needed but with Ultimate it's costly and timely to have them mapped out and completed. We would like to have better access to our interface files to make any maintenance updates to existing files.

New User to Ultipro

[UltiPro is] Used for payroll, onboarding, taxes, wages, reports, reviews across the whole organization. It addresses any compliance issues from the reports it can pull.
  • Integrates Kronos timekeeping very well
  • Reminds each employee when their review/license expiration date is
  • User-friendly
  • Access to the primary manager is difficult to access, you have to go through other departments to get something you need done (transfers, document uploading, etc.).
  • The PTO request in UltiPro does not go to appropriate manager (could be a quick settings fix, but I haven't found where to do that).
  • Reports are not always accurate.
UltiPro is well suited for all onboarding, payroll, compensation and any other HR related duties.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Not quite yet, I am still using Kronos and ICIMS to integrate payroll functions and onboarding applicants.
February 12, 2020

UtiliPro is my hero every day!

We use it to capture our timekeeping, run the payroll, and process our taxes. It is a great company to work for and the software is very easy to learn. They have a lot of help on their customer service portal. They help in many ways to complete all our tasks.
  • Their customer service hot line is great and always available.
  • The system is easy to learn and they have a lot of learning material available.
  • The UTM system is easy once you learn the system but the learning materials to get there are very weak. More classes and material is needed to help us use the system at its full potential.
  • The BI system needs more classes and materials on how to create reports. It is not very easy to learn for nontechnical people.
UtiliPro has a lot of support and is easy to run once you learn the system. If you call the customer service 1-800 number they are always willing to help and walk you through the steps to complete your task. After the call they will also send you material for later use.
Accurate pay stubs and tax reporting is very easy to do in UtiliPro. We are able to use apps and the UtiliPro portal to achieve our goal in communication with our employees in real-time. The UtiliPro self-service portal is great and works very well. It is easy to log in and get the data the employee is needing on a regular basis.
January 08, 2020

Everything you need in one package

We use UltiPro to manage our hourly employees' timesheets, all employees' pay stubs, and all time-off requests. This software is used throughout the entire organization - supporting 15+ brands across the organization and supporting 15+ offices around the US (including remote team members). UtiliPro is a convenient system based on the various features it offers in one place, including the delivery of payroll forms such as direct deposits and W2s!
  • Allows employees to see how much paid time off they have accrued.
  • Allows managers to approve or deny time off requests.
  • I wish this program allowed you to see what team members are currently "clocked in".
  • I wish UtiliPro showed you which team members have upcoming PTO.
UltiPro is likely best used for hourly employees - as they are utilizing all features including clocking in and out. For salary employees, it may not be as useful as these employees would not need to clock in and out. However, there are still some very useful features such as the paystub delivery and time off request function.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
The ability to have various functions in one software has eliminated the problem of jumping from program to program, paying for things that are not needed, and providing multiple logins to team members and managers. Our team members know that for anything pay and/or time-related they need to go to UtiliPro. This eliminates multiple program confusion for team members and thus decreases questions coming into HR.
March 13, 2020

UltiPro...UltiBest!

At this time UltiPro is being used in managing timesheets only and it is being used by the entire City of Detroit organization.
  • Keeping accurate timesheets based on Union contracts for all members
  • Easy access of personal information
  • No check stubs direct deposit
  • Unnecessary daily emails regarding employees who clock in or out 1-2 minutes early or late.
At this time I can only speak on behalf of the features our company has access to and UltiPro is well suited for keeping accurate time and personal information for our members.
  • Security and peace of mind
As the keeper of the time for our staff, using UltiPro has made life easy for me and has given me peace of mind in ensuring timesheets are done efficiently and accurately.

Employee demographic data (500)
Employment history (517)
Job profiles and administration (495)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (488)
Organizational charting (420)
Organization and location management (438)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (350)
Pay calculation (473)
Support for external payroll vendors (228)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (9)
Benefit plan administration (442)
Direct deposit files (468)
9.2
Salary revision and increment management (372)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (322)
Balance details (340)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (285)
View and generate pay and benefit information (519)
Update personal information (518)
9.2
View company policy documentation (368)
Employee recognition (207)
View job history (510)
Tracking of all physical assets (134)
Report builder (489)
Pre-built reports (493)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (347)
New hire portal (342)
Manager tracking tools (278)
Corporate goal setting (185)
Individual goal setting (223)
Line-of sight-visibility (166)
Performance tracking (211)
Performance plans (269)
Performance improvement plans (219)
Review status tracking (274)
Review reminders (253)
Multiple review frequency (212)
Create succession plans/pools (111)
Candidate ranking (109)
Candidate search (111)
Candidate development (106)
Job Requisition Management (288)
Company Website Posting (279)
Publish to Social Media (216)
Job Search Site Posting (253)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (216)
Applicant Tracking (274)
Notifications and Alerts (260)

About UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s UltiPro® cloud HR, payroll, and talent solutions promise to help organizations improve the employee experience. It includes everything from personalized recruiting and onboarding that foster long-term relationships, to convenient, role-based access to pay, benefits, and career development information.

The vendor says that with UltiPro, companies can:
  • rapidly process payroll
  • manage employee requests with HR service delivery
  • leverage flexible time solutions
  • offer a modern approach to learning
  • facilitate productive performance, succession, and compensation management
  • and measure employee sentiment through advanced surveys powered by Xander®, Ultimate’s portfolio of “People First” artificial intelligence technologies.

The vendor says UltiPro is supported by powerful business intelligence to help organizations drive smarter, people-focused results.

UltiPro Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Does not have featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UltiPro Screenshots

UltiPro Videos (2)

UltiPro Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UltiPro Competitors