Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Univention Corporate Server (UCS), and make your voice heard!
UCS Core Edition
UCS Core Edition
UCS Base Subscription
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is software that enables users to operate and manage complete IT infrastructures settled in distributed, heterogeneous and virtualized envorinments. No matter whether the user has 10, 100 or 10,000 employees: UCS aims to grow with the company and its requirements.
The management of user accounts and the control of access rights can be operated via the web-based operation system, regardless of the system software the user wishes to deploy (UCS interacts with Linux, Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X). Multiple enterprise solutions can be implemented into UCS via the integrated App Center.
The implemented single sign-on function allows users to access all systems, web services and applications that a system has in use.
Univention Corporate Server offers a free core edition of UCS containing all its features. In addition, there are three different subscription options where customers have access to support and maintenance services. Univention Corporate Server is a full open source solution; the complete code is published on GitHub.
- Supported: ID-Management Access Control
- Supported: ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO)
- Supported: Multi-Factor Authentication
- Supported: Account Provisioning and De-provisioning
- Supported: IP and network administration (DNS Server BIND, DHCP, Webproxy/Squid)
- Supported: Active Directory Services (via Samba 4, AD Connector + AD Takeover Wizzard)
- Supported: App Center (more than 90 applications for integration in UCS)
- Supported: System management (OpenLDAP, Samba 4, AD Connector)
- Supported: Printer management (CUPS)
- Supported: Mail and groupware (Mailstack with Potstfix + OX, Kopano, EGroupware)
- Supported: APIs and Rest API
- Supported: Monitoring (Nagios)
- Supported: File services (ownCloud, Nextcloud + Seafile)
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages||English, German|
- Complete replacement for MS Active Directory Server.
- Univention App Center - awesome concept with which Apps can be installed for the Domain.
- App Center can be compared to Google Play Store or Apple Play Store - Organizations can gain tremendous advantages.
- Plethora of Apps which are both free and paid and excellent apps for the Organizations.
- As Univention is from Germany, lot of informative articles are in German but English articles are also good but less in number.
- If an Organization would like to use it as a complete Active Directory Server.
- If an Organization wants to deploy other applications which are important like SSO, Mail Server, 2FA etc., as with one click all these Apps will be integrated magically thus reducing the Admin job considerably.
- Web based management which will be quite useful for the Admins who are from Windows background only.
- Univention as a company which has close to 2 decades of experience.