Reviews (1-21 of 21)
- Tracking service issues - There's really no more excuses for not knowing when the machine was last serviced. Upkeep allows us to track that.
- Scheduling - Knowing in advance which machines will need maintenance in the future allows us to actively prepare for shut-down periods.
- General knowledge - Users can add their knowledge to the archives of each machine we have, helping to improve the trouble-shooting process.
- Easy to update, easy to make - It's almost too easy to create and update files for locations, assets, parts, and issues.
- Usability for updating items already in the database. For example, grouping new locations to a central one. I should be able to just select a group of locations and drag them to the central location. For example, the bathrooms and lunchroom of an office building should be all selectable and easily grouped.
- Moving parts/inventory from location to location.
- Accessing parts/assets - If a part or asset is located/listed in a sub-location, such as a production room, then it should still at least be visible if you look in another part of the central location and even update the service calls original location or vice-versa.
- Clean user interface. Faster training time for new employees.
- Great asset tracking.
- Easy and fast PM creation.
- SSO setup could be improved.
- Report creation in not very intuitive and takes time to learn.
- File size upload limits are small when it comes to uploading manuals.
- The app is very simple to use - Very user-friendly for the user, and very easy to set up.
- The ability to upload photos, take photos and then assign the work order ticket to a vendor is great.
- The ability to upload bids, quotes, and issues then create a PDF file that can be exported to vendors, employees, or third parties is great.
- The signup process is a bit confusing for the requestors- If I send them an email, it gives them 2 options instead of 1. If they make the mistake of choosing the wrong option, they enroll in a 7-day trial. That option should be second instead of the first option. I've had to delete many profiles, and contact customer support several times to delete trails that were set up.
Quick easy to use program for all levels of maintenance and users. With assets and location it will manage all machinery and plant needs. I like the user freindly application. Great reports and cost features for maintenance.
- Easy work order implementation and very user-friendly. Quick and simple work order format.
- Easy-to-use asset and parts data entry system.
- Scheduling preventive maintenance is quick and easy.
- Bringing up information and reports is easy.
- Exporting assets and location could be easier.
- A separate critical spare parts list so parts have two inventories.
- New and used parts inventory.
- The software has a clean straightforward phone app for the users.
- Reporting metrics are easy to tailor and produce for performance review.
- The user is able to determine the depth at which the organization wants to utilize upkeep. We're still in the process of determining this.
- Compared to non-real estate task managers, assigning tasks is more time consuming because of the capabilities.
- It can take time to toggle facilities on/off while looking through a large portfolio.
- While self-storage is a type of real estate, it would be nice to customize the software more. Tailoring it to challenges we face specifically in self-storage.
- It is incredibly intuitive and user-friendly, with different levels of access (web link or download the app).
- Rolling out the program was seamless and the team's customer service has been phenomenal.
- The UpKeep team helped us tailor the program to how we wanted it to function internally and externally.
- I cannot really think of anything in particular, but I had a few suggestions that UpKeep said they would take into consideration at the quarterly meeting. Our sister company has used UpKeep for a few years, and they have made a lot of the suggested changes brought to them.
- User-friendly platform.
- Has very helpful representatives.
- Add more customizable features (more categories in parts and assets sections).
- Combine the customize button with quick filters under work orders to save view options.
- Allow for more detailed reporting.
- Work order generation: We can quickly enter relevant information pertaining to the w/o and is a very user-friendly interface.
- Spare Parts Inventory Consumption: By either manual entry or QR code scanning you can attach spares to the w/o.
- Asset Identification: Upkeep provided a usable platform to capture our asset information and provide QR identification allowing for quicker w/o generation.
- Importing information: Had to reformat all our current files to match the upkeep format. Labor intensive.
- Location vs. Assets: Often times UpKeep will appear to remove the location or asset when both options were added to a w/o. This led to several w/o being reworked until the discovery that the information actually saved but was not visible until the w/o was completed.
- Asset management.
- Parts and supply inventory management.
- Time and cost tracking.
- Ease of use.
- Basic reporting should be available at the starter level.
- Ability to active and inactive equipment on the mobile platform.
quietly without any hindrance. It helps us in completely organizing our work.
It plays a very significant role in budgeting and texting. It also saves huge
amount of money and valuable time. I like it's straightforwardness the most.
- It's simple and easy to use interface is highly appreciated.
- It is available at economic price.
- It is extremely helpful in handling the costs of our work.
- It is the easiest tool as compare to numerous other tools.
- Truly speaking I don't face any problem yet.
- It proves to be very beneficial for our company.
software and loaded with hundreds of useful features in accomplishing the
user's tasks within short time. I am sure after using once, it will rock you. I would say it is well suited product for maintenance management.
- The overall user interface is very intuitive.
- The software has functioned well across multiple platforms.
- The ability to attach pictures and files is a huge bonus.
- Periodic maintenance needs are still a little tricky keeping in the system without flooding the user with too many work orders.
- It does not immediately update all the time. For example, closing out work orders and the number of total work orders stays the same until it’s rebooted.
- Search functions need improving.
- Time management.
- It would be nice to have the ability to log work orders when service and or WiFi is not available.
- Custom restrictions for individual employees. For example, let one employee add work orders while restricting others.
- It would be nice to have a pre-mapped area that tracks time under a certain location. As in GPS.
- We have several machines which require specialized tooling. With UpKeep I can track which parts go with each machine, as well as track inventory levels on each part.
- Users can request a work order for any machine or facilities issue they find. Any of our team can send a request, which can immediately get converted to a work order so nothing gets forgotten.
- The meter function for maintenance reminders is very useful. I have several machines which require service by cycle counts, and tracking them with UpKeep is very easy.
- The ability to upload our current inventory list is useful, but formatting the list to upload can be confusing. The video instructions were not very detailed; a written guide would have been useful.
- The default order for the inventory list appears to be in descending order. My most commonly used parts are my lowest part number parts, so I have to re-order the list every time I view it. Remembering my preference would be a nice addition.
The only scenario I can think of where UpKeep would not be as appropriate would be if the users are not willing to input the work orders and equipment lists, or maintain the inventory system. If you only use it part of the time, you would not get many benefits from it. If your organization isn't committed to making the changes to get a computerized system running, this may not be a good fit for you.
- Scheduling & Tracking Work Flow
- When an asset is marked as "inactive", I wish it would not appear in the drop-down menu when assigning assets to work orders.
- Would love for more drag and drop options to speed things up.
- They keep connected at all times.
- They respond very efficiently.
- They keep checking on us from time to time.
- Some functions within the system still need to be improved. For example, additional costs don't split up into a breakdown of costs with descriptions.
- There are no allocation slots for the selling price and the actual cost price. Only 1 price listed.
- In our facility growing live plants the biggest challenge is determining priorities of tasks in all departments. UpKeep assists in prioritizing tasks by importance.
- Via smartphone allows work orders to be generated immediately.
- Maintenance manager is able to assign tasks in a timely manner and follow up that each task has been completed.
- Be able to review all work orders in the request folder to have the ability to re-prioritize work orders as needed.
UpKeep Maintenance Management Scorecard Summary
About UpKeep Maintenance Management
-Add co-workers and easily assign work orders to different users
-Create, update, and check status of work orders and tasks
-Manage a history of your assets
-Receive notifications to your phone and email
-Enable UPC Label scanning
-Develop assets and assign work orders to assets
-Sync across all devices you own
-Web application available for use on any device
-Create preventative and scheduled maintenance
-Customize work orders using form items
UpKeep is designed for maintenance crews who constantly work at different sites. The value prop is that technicians can spend more time in the field and less time retyping data or traveling between locations — thus resulting in higher quality data, more thorough analysis, and more robust asset evaluation.
UpKeep Maintenance Management Screenshots
UpKeep Maintenance Management Integrations
UpKeep Maintenance Management Competitors
UpKeep Maintenance Management Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||50%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
UpKeep Maintenance Management Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
UpKeep Maintenance Management Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||United States|