UpLead Reviews

Mallori Browning | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2020

UpLead will give you the information you need to edge out the competition!

I use UpLead to prospect sales for my hotel. I dive into it to research possible key employees within a company that would be able to make decisions for their company's travel. UpLead has successfully bridged the gap between straight cold calling, to calling with information. It shows the client I have done my research and have a true purpose for calling upon them. UpLead is currently being used for my hotel only, but I am recommending my management company to use it across all of their owned and managed hotels.
  • Gives true contact information with job titles, so you know you are calling on the right person.
  • If the email is not accurate or may go straight into spam, UpLead will tell you before using a credit.
  • Wealth of contacts at my fingertips.
  • The phone numbers always seem to be the corporate office instead of the true desk line.
  • Cell phone numbers would be great.
If you are trying to get your foot in the door within a company and haven't found any luck with more traditional prospecting tools, UpLead can give it to you in a snap. There are so many contacts to fill your prospecting pipeline with no end in sight! I have been able to find key people within the company that make decisions that impact my business. We all know the "gatekeepers" don't just give away information, so it is important for us to do all of the research we can to make the sale. UpLead bridges that gap.
Read Mallori Browning's full review
Guy Vincel | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2020

UpLead Review

To my knowledge, I am the only person using Uplead in the Sales Department. There are 40 nationwide sales reps at Need it Now Delivers. In 2020 we will surpass $500 million in sales. The greatest problem we face that UpLead solves is accurate lead information—phone number, title, and email address. Cold calling is a waste of time. The added benefit is that while you're researching a company, you'll see the competitors listed. UpLead is very user-friendly and fast.
  • Fast, accurate, account information.
  • If you attempt to download a person's contact information and the email address is not 100% confirmed, you see a notification informing you of this.
  • I can call up a list of companies in an industry, access names by title, then download all the leads into an Excel spreadsheet quickly.
  • UpLead has a knowledgeable support team.
  • Training
  • Back up support is strong and you can schedule appointments for demos with ease.
  • It would be beneficial if UpLead listed contact's cell phone numbers.
  • It would be helpful if UpLead worked with Freshsales CRM.
UpLead is well-positioned to quickly provide company names by industry, contact information by title, and industries by geographic location by industry code. To date, the only scenario where I would have benefited more is if cell phone numbers were listed.
Read Guy Vincel's full review
Ron Garland | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 26, 2020

UpLead from a User's Perspective

I am a one-man sales representation firm specializing in enterprise-level B2B software I use UpLead to identify industry sectors in targeted geographies with specific demographic characteristics, including their technology stack. I then use it to create lists of contacts including their name, title, phone, and email address. These lists are downloaded and saved to my computer before being loaded into my CRM app (ZOHO) from where I do one-off sales prospecting and mass email marketing campaigns.
  • Provides CURRENT email address (i.e. it checks to see that the contact is still working at the account).
  • It provides the technology stack IN DETAIL (i.e. all of the software being used in the account).
  • It is very easy to do geo and demographic sorting and targeting.
  • It integrates easily with my email client (Outlook) and my CRM (ZOHO).
  • It is not very intuitive to navigate at times, especially in doing mass email campaigns, but their Help section is excellent, so I saved that link and also printed out the steps.
UpLead is perfect for creating lists of large enterprise B2B accounts, but not as well-suited for small B2C retail accounts.
Read Ron Garland's full review
Mukesh K. Singhmar | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

Great B2B prospecting tool. Easy to use. Provides quality data.

At SeeResponse, UpLead is primarily being used for research purposes. With UpLead we estimate and analyze the size of target markets for ourselves and our customers. Through using all the great and very relevant filters that UpLead offers, our analysis is much simpler when compared to some of the other tools that we have used in the past. It is also an easy-to-use tool, and that's a big plus.
  • The user interface and all the in-built filters are great.
  • Data is rather accurate.
  • UpLead can add a few more columns to the output dataset, like the website URL.
  • Can add a feature where one can search through uploading a list of company names, currently you can upload websites but not the company names.
It is a great tool if you're looking to quickly build out a big target prospect database. They claim to have a database of over 46 million contacts in 200+ countries. And because of all the great filters that the UpLead tool provides one can easily narrow down to a very specific audience. A company can also use it for research purposes for it can help estimate and analyze the size of your target market and also get better visibility by particular segments, geographies, and industries.
Read Mukesh K. Singhmar's full review
Tim Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 13, 2020

UpLead is a flexible, economical, easy-to-use resource for list building.

We use UpLead to create targeted lists for prospecting net new business. We build and save searches within various industries by company size, revenue, location, # of employees, etc. Once we have our lists, we export them to our customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation tool HubSpot to start our reach-out process. We also export all of our lists and save them in Google Drive as backups.
  • Ability to export directly into the CRM--it saves time.
  • It's a web-based platform, so I can access it from anywhere.
  • Allows you to download lists as Excel documents and CSVs.
  • You pay month-to-month with no contracts
  • Unused credits roll over each month
  • Some of the search parameters are limited. There are things that you should be able to search by.
  • A decent amount of their data is not accurate. Accuracy is VERY important. There are times when contacts are for a different company with a similar name.
  • It would be nice to see the companies and contacts that you've already downloaded, or hide them so you don't mistakenly download them again.
If you are looking for an economical source for building your lead list, UpLead is the best one. They have great customer service as well. If you don't want to waste time digging for emails, phone numbers, addresses, and contacts within a company, UpLead is a good resource. If you are looking for extremely accurate information then this may not be the tool for you. We often find that we're correcting or updating information. For us, this is not as big a deal at the moment.
Read Tim Jones's full review
March 26, 2020

Must-Have Software for Sales and Inside Sales Team

We use UpLead for lead generation, marketing efforts such as social media posts, email publication and to retrieve company details and contact information such name/phone#/email address. It is currently being used by my marketing, sales and inside sales departments. It enables us to target business development and prospecting projects.
  • Verify the validity of the email address prior to user using credits to download the contacts.
  • Website is fairly easy to navigate and user friendly.
  • Love the ability to see competitors.
  • Don't fix what's not broken. I am 100% satisfied with the service.
Well suited for business development, prospecting, company look-up.

UpLead Scorecard Summary

Advanced search (6)
Identification of new leads (5)
List quality (6)
List upload/download (6)
Ideal customer targeting (6)
Load time/data access (6)
Contact information (6)
Company information (6)
Industry information (6)
Lead qualification process (5)
Smart lists and recommendations (4)
Salesforce integration (3)
Company/business profiles (6)
Alerts and reminders (4)
Data hygiene (6)
Automatic data refresh (6)
Tags (5)
Filters and segmentation (6)
Sales email templates (4)
Append emails to records (5)

About UpLead

UpLead is a B2B data provider and technology company based in Southern California providing access to verified B2B contacts with direct email addresses. Search by industry, location, sales volume, number of employees, public vs private, contact title, job function, management level, technologies used and more to find customers. API and CRM integrations available.