We use Upsource to manage reviews across several projects worked on by 5 devs. Our process involves automatic monitoring of our git repos …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Upsource, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We use Upsource to manage reviews across several projects worked on by 5 devs. Our process involves automatic monitoring of our git repos and integration to our IDE, Rider and Webstorm. Code reviews are an integral part of our software lifecycle and Upsource has been the best tool we've found to fully support review features with minimal overhead and productivity impact.
- Automatically watch git repositories
- Track all commits in a branch in a single commit
- Integrates with build server to report build status of specific commits when looking at reviews/commits
- Integrates with JetBrains IDEs
- Ability for reviewers to add comments inline and require comments to be resolved before approval
- Built in diff viewer, both stacked and side-by-side
- Creating and closing reviews isn't as quick as it could be. You must create a review, assign reviewers, approve and close. I wish there would be a quick review-approve-close for a commit where the change is simple and doesn't require multiple review iterations.
- Web based interface can be clunky, especially when looking at big diffs side-by-side
- JetBrains IDE integration is somehow less convenient than going using it in browser.
Upsource is the best review tool we've found but it still has some flaws. Notably, it makes reviewing small and quick changes less convenient than they need to be, and diff viewing (especially collaboratively) can be tedious.
It does handle larger, iterative reviews well. Especially when using a feature branch, Upsource will track that branch and automatically add all commits to the review. You can then review the branch as a whole, or look at a subset of diffs.