UXPin is a UX design platform with wireframing, prototyping and interactive mockup features.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/10/q7/9PIBSV8XI9FX.PNGBeware of losing hours of work!Was using service to create a mockup of our home page. We wanted to try out the tool to see if we'd use it for our UX and wireframing.,Interface is clean Cloud based,Lost half a day's work (3 hours). Customer support lied to us telling us it was because we must have had an inconsistent internet connection. This makes no sense at all - we worked for full hours uploading images and other media to the document - all of which was saved continuosly. On top of that there was still one of the elements remaining at the end of the blank page which proves the previous addition of elements had been saved. Customer support is only available via email. Community website is buggy - not possible to use search field to search for help topics.,2,Lost half a day's work and became very frustrated with customer support and service.Great for Remote Teams to Collaborate, Get Feedback and Iterate!UXPin is my go-to tool to create wireframes and lo-fidelity prototypes. UXPin: - is used by the product designers to build with interactive designs - helps us experiment with different flows to get feedback from stakeholders and team members - is used for design prototypes to test out interactions - increases collaboration between team members I used to use Omnigraffle, but it would be time-consuming to make an interactive low-fidelity prototype with it, so I switched to UXPin to speed up my workflow and increase the amount.,I enjoy the pre-built elements that you can search through and drop them into your prototype. The comments and annotations are great to keep track of feedback and notes that you need to provide especially if you are a remote team. Our team is remote, so the ability to quickly share a prototype is fantastic. I like how you can iterate a lot and manage version control.,Sometimes, it can be a bit buggy and slow if the prototype is complex with dozens of layers. The learning curve can be steep the first time you use it. Or, if you haven't used the app for awhile; I sometimes need to relearn it if I haven't used it for a month or so. The loading times can be quite slow where a page gets stuck. It would be great if this didn't happen.,8,It helps us work faster and collaborate if your team members are scattered around the world. It's a quick way to mock-up designs so your team can "converge" and "diverge" during design sprints.,BalsamiqUXPin has my vote for being the best tool for wire framing user experience workflowsOne of our frequent mantra's is 'wireframe everything'. We found that UXPin is the best at meeting our needs for doing that. As part of our process, from the very beginning we wireframe as much of the site as possible and present clients a working link where they can click through to each page. This allows them to start to see how we think and let them know what we are missing. It's a much more real experience and it sets expectations on them for the content they need to provide us. With the use of UXPin's smart elements we can create layouts fast and correct based on clients modifications just as easily. As a designer it helps me take control of the conversation and address client concerns so that we know what content and assets are available to use before we start design. The wireframes also serve as a blueprint for our development department because they cover things like what form fields will be available and what areas clients will need to be able to edit content. Overall it creates a much more collaborative experience that encourages conversation before design decisions are made or code is written.,Smart elements are super nice because they allow me to create complicated features that will appear on every page. When the client wants to change something it is very easy to do so in one place. Working on grid is important to me. Having the ability to change and manipulate that grid in UXPin is just what I need. There are tons of add on features like Font Awesome icons and prebuilt stuff that not only looks great, but also just lets me get ideas across fast without committing to what the final design is going to look like. I love the ability to edit things if I want. I can control several details, but it's not too overwhelming. They include various font options from Google fonts as well. You can design as much or as little as you want. The interface doesn't get in the way. It's there if you want it but has a simplicity that is nice. Having a link on a live webpage is a necessity. As soon as you make changes, they are live. No more worrying about which is the latest version. I'm a photoshop user so it has a few keyboard commands that are familiar like hold 'alt', click and drag to duplicate is nice!,It would be nice if the link that I share with my clients is shorter. It's so long and unintelligible. Copy and paste doesn't always paste where you think it will. It would be a time saver if you copied a smart element from one page and then pasted it down at the same x and y coordinates on the next page. 'Cntrl' + 'Z' is good for one undo but try to undo more than a few and I'm not sure what is happening in the background. I had it undo some things that were out of my view on the page and I couldn't put them back without rebuilding the section. I don't like to show my clients the link with comment mode turned on because it causes confusion. I wish there was a way to turn it off for a set of wireframes so that I don't have to turn it off every time I am about to send the link. When you pull an image by a corner it is too easy to accidentally stretch and image. In my opinion is should default to keeping the image proportionate. People that don't know better will stretch things without knowing and there is not a way to reset to the actual size.,10,We may be spending more time in creating wireframes but the return is a clear idea of what needs to be built and what we have to build it with. Because we start wireframes so early we also get the client working for us early as well. It has fundamentally changed this conversation from what is the site going to look like to what it the site going to do for me and what holes do we need to fill to make that happen. As client content and their business goals get addressed sooner, this allows us to focus on creating better user experiences. From a team perspective, it has allowed us to all be on the same page. If something is in question we can pull up the wireframe and have a much more meaningful conversation with a live link rather than dealing with a series of heavy weight files that may or may not be the latest version.,Moqups, Balsamic and Axure,Adobe PhotoshopI love UXPin and here's why...I use UXPin when I need wireframes to explain functionality and site planning. So our clients aren't "lost in the weeds" at this critical beginning phase, I purposefully design using simple typefaces, insert greeking instead of live text, and convert all graphics to grayscale. The interface is very intuitive and there are multiple ways to export and present your wireframe. I introduced it to our team and we all find it to be a useful tool.,Shallow learning curve—very intuitive interface Libraries—many useful items to use in your design Sharing—very easy to share with a group,Quick Preview—there were a few steps to view your project, but in Beta there is now just a button. I like that!,10,I can turn around a wireframe that looks great very quickly, and it's easy to edit and share. Time = Money.,Adobe Illustrator,Daylite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DCUXPinUXPin is being used by the product cepartment to develop high fidelity wireframes for our product.,UXPin is very easy to learn -- I was able to get up to speed quickly making high fidelity, interactive prototypes. This is important to me because the shift from our previous prototyping method to UXPin needs to happen quickly, and the prototypes need to be top notch. Layers, interactions, and styling capabilities are done well. Team Library and Smart Elements are great for collaboration within my group.,The Preview function seems buggy and takes a really long time to load previews of even simple pages. The inability to name and/or delete "recently created" interactions is not great. The generic naming (example -- "On Hover: Color") isn't useful if you want to repeat an interaction via that list. It's hard to know which is which if you have several of the same types listed with the same generic name (each with a different color, for example). All of the faces of the fonts I'd like to use (example: Roboto) are not available. You only have the option of bold and italic, when the actual Google font has thin, light, medium, bold, black, etc.,8,Our company has just started using UXPin -- I don't have a good ROI analysis at this time.,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Photoshop
UXPin

UXPin Reviews

UXPin
Filter 12 vetted UXPin reviews and ratings
June 30, 2017

UXPin Review: "Beware of losing hours of work!"

• Interface is clean
  • Cloud based
  • Lost half a day's work (3 hours).
  • Customer support lied to us telling us it was because we must have had an inconsistent internet connection. This makes no sense at all - we worked for full hours uploading images and other media to the document - all of which was saved continuosly. On top of that there was still one of the elements remaining at the end of the blank page which proves the previous addition of elements had been saved.
  • Customer support is only available via email.
  • Community website is buggy - not possible to use search field to search for help topics.
UxPin would be well suited to the task of wireframing/prototyping if the system wasn't unstable and lost our work.
January 18, 2017

UXPin: "Great for Remote Teams to Collaborate, Get Feedback and Iterate!"

UXPin is my go-to tool to create wireframes and lo-fidelity prototypes.
UXPin:
- is used by the product designers to build with interactive designs
- is used for design prototypes to test out interactions
- increases collaboration between team members

• I enjoy the pre-built elements that you can search through and drop them into your prototype.
  • The comments and annotations are great to keep track of feedback and notes that you need to provide especially if you are a remote team.
  • Our team is remote, so the ability to quickly share a prototype is fantastic.
  • I like how you can iterate a lot and manage version control.
  • Sometimes, it can be a bit buggy and slow if the prototype is complex with dozens of layers.
  • The learning curve can be steep the first time you use it. Or, if you haven't used the app for awhile; I sometimes need to relearn it if I haven't used it for a month or so.
  • The loading times can be quite slow where a page gets stuck. It would be great if this didn't happen.
UXPin is great for remote teams who need to quickly mock-up low fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes. I don't think it's appropriate for high-fidelity work, InVision + Sketch is better.
Charlie Chauvin profile photo
August 06, 2016

Review: "UXPin has my vote for being the best tool for wire framing user experience workflows"

• Smart elements are super nice because they allow me to create complicated features that will appear on every page. When the client wants to change something it is very easy to do so in one place.
  • Working on grid is important to me. Having the ability to change and manipulate that grid in UXPin is just what I need.
  • There are tons of add on features like Font Awesome icons and prebuilt stuff that not only looks great, but also just lets me get ideas across fast without committing to what the final design is going to look like.
  • I love the ability to edit things if I want. I can control several details, but it's not too overwhelming. They include various font options from Google fonts as well. You can design as much or as little as you want. The interface doesn't get in the way. It's there if you want it but has a simplicity that is nice.
  • Having a link on a live webpage is a necessity. As soon as you make changes, they are live. No more worrying about which is the latest version.
  • I'm a photoshop user so it has a few keyboard commands that are familiar like hold 'alt', click and drag to duplicate is nice!
  • It would be nice if the link that I share with my clients is shorter. It's so long and unintelligible.
  • Copy and paste doesn't always paste where you think it will. It would be a time saver if you copied a smart element from one page and then pasted it down at the same x and y coordinates on the next page.
  • 'Cntrl' + 'Z' is good for one undo but try to undo more than a few and I'm not sure what is happening in the background. I had it undo some things that were out of my view on the page and I couldn't put them back without rebuilding the section.
  • I don't like to show my clients the link with comment mode turned on because it causes confusion. I wish there was a way to turn it off for a set of wireframes so that I don't have to turn it off every time I am about to send the link.
  • When you pull an image by a corner it is too easy to accidentally stretch and image. In my opinion is should default to keeping the image proportionate. People that don't know better will stretch things without knowing and there is not a way to reset to the actual size.
I think UXPin is really well suited for wireframes and getting a complete idea of the structure of a site because of it's flexibility. I could see someone designing a complete site in UXPin but for my needs Photoshop gives me more control over manipulating and creating unique elements that are specific to my designs. UXPin does a great job for us in starting the conversation, translating intent and delivering client content all the way to development.
Read Charlie Chauvin's full review
Pattie Covert profile photo
March 15, 2016

User Review: "I love UXPin and here's why..."

• Shallow learning curve—very intuitive interface
  • Libraries—many useful items to use in your design
  • Sharing—very easy to share with a group
  • Quick Preview—there were a few steps to view your project, but in Beta there is now just a button. I like that!
UXPin is:

• Perfect for wire-framing for presentations
  • Very easy to collaborate on a project with a team
Read Pattie Covert's full review
March 12, 2016

User Review: "UXPin"

• UXPin is very easy to learn -- I was able to get up to speed quickly making high fidelity, interactive prototypes. This is important to me because the shift from our previous prototyping method to UXPin needs to happen quickly, and the prototypes need to be top notch.
  • Layers, interactions, and styling capabilities are done well.
  • Team Library and Smart Elements are great for collaboration within my group.
  • The Preview function seems buggy and takes a really long time to load previews of even simple pages.
  • The inability to name and/or delete "recently created" interactions is not great. The generic naming (example -- "On Hover: Color") isn't useful if you want to repeat an interaction via that list. It's hard to know which is which if you have several of the same types listed with the same generic name (each with a different color, for example).
  • All of the faces of the fonts I'd like to use (example: Roboto) are not available. You only have the option of bold and italic, when the actual Google font has thin, light, medium, bold, black, etc.
UXPin is very well suited for high fidelity wire framing and UX/UI team collaboration.
March 08, 2016

UXPin Review: "Intuitive, organized, fast tool for wireframing."

I use UXPin to create wireframes for web design clients. I hammer out key elements like layout, navigation, and content placement. With features like smart elements and page duplication, I can quickly create wireframes for every layout I plan to present to the client. It is easy to use "out of the box". Although I personally haven't delved into UXPin's more advanced & interactive features, its a great tool to get a project off the ground.
  • Easy to keep your projects and & individual elements organized
  • Intuitive and easy to use out of the box, rarely have seek outside help to use this program
  • UI needs work. When editing an element, panels sometimes cover the element I am trying to edit. Some of the preset elements (navigation creator) are wonky.
  • Guide placement/creation could be more advanced - wish I could just type in the pixel.
Good for wireframing, would never use it for prototyping.

UXPin Scorecard Summary