VanillaSoft Reviews

Valie Robbins | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have used VanillaSoft across the entire organization for ten years. It enables us to hire the best employees; monitor marketing campaigns in real time; address marketing issues; and give invaluable feedback to our clients, which enables them to continuously improve campaigns and/or address problems that arise. These campaigns are typically customer events - lunch 'n learns, trade-shows, webinars, meet and greet, and training sessions, to name a few for high tech companies. These campaigns are typically performed in conjunction with an account based marketing approach. Prospects are very targeted upper-level decision makers. VanillaSoft allows us to reach these prospects in a very targeted manner. By using VanillaSoft we achieve a higher level of customer response, which translates to more customer engagement, which in turn generates more sales.
We have found that the ability of VanillaSoft to send a personalized e-mail just before making a personalized phone call gives us a distinctive edge over other telemarketing firms. We get comparable results by leaving a personalized voice message as talking with a live person. These messages drive people to open/review the e-mails which otherwise would save languished in the IN box of a prospect.
  • Our employees love it - very user friendly, easy to grasp, very little down time to learn it. They feel very confident immediately.
  • Great technical support - I can get solutions to customer problems that make our company look more responsive to our clients. Our clients appreciate our solving their problems immediately.
  • Because of the real time analytics - we can address immediate issues with marketing campaigns to make our client's personnel look great to their superiors.
  • Because of all the functionality - we can provide a turnkey approach from a small company with big company capabilities.
  • Would love to see a mobile app - so that I can monitor ongoing campaigns on the go. Periodically questions arise that need my immediate attention - would be nice to pull up the dash board to see what is going on real time from my phone.
It is great for a small company like mine because it's allows for easy scalability - very easy to do. Allows ease of hiring just the number of people that we need from all over the country, so we get the very best at the least cost. We've actually used it to hire internationally - again we can watch the results and address issues immediately - give immediate coaching to improve our results for our clients.
I love the ability to watch calling campaigns as they unfold. Sometimes there are issues that arise which need immediate attention from both my client and myself. Our clients love that we can give detailed feedback to correct a situation or address an issue. Clients are impressed at the level of support we provide to ensure their overall successful campaigns!

Read Valie Robbins's full review
Elizabeth Hislop | TrustRadius Reviewer
VanillaSoft is used by the Bucknell student-calling program for managing the university's alumni information and giving records. It is being used by that department to address the problem of repeatedly calling alumni, disorganized record keeping, and call marking for research and managing alumni relationships / collecting alumni/parent feedback effectively. It is also used to manage credit-card versus pledge-letter funds and keeping an accurate record of conversations had with alumni/parents.
  • There are many accurate explanation options for why a call must be researched, which helps managers resolve issues effectively. There are also a lot of valuable resources available as in scripts and the ability to send more information--these tools really come in handy.
  • The option to write comments for calls and general notes gives me the opportunity to thoroughly explain and clarify what went well in the call, or what went wrong as to why someone did not give. This reduces discrepancies between managers and callers and highlights achievements as well as areas for improvement--helps in training.
  • After I choose a number to call, I have to double-click a white confirmation button in the top, center of the screen to go through to the call itself. This step is tedious and a hassle when I am trying to call as many contacts as possible.
  • I do not understand why I have to double-comment when there is a badge for something like "no number" on the right-hand side. Why can't I just click that and move on? Why do I have to also comment "no number"?
VanillaSoft is well suited for CRM for a university because we have the ability to alter notes about the parents and alumni in real time, which saves the supervisors time and ensures that the next time the prospect is called the caller has fresh information to go on and can have a more meaningful conversation / demonstrate that we are invested in knowing more about them. We can even see the activities they were involved with while they were a student here, which leads to a lot of commonalities in conversation.
Read Elizabeth Hislop's full review
Emilia Ramirez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Easy & Efficient

VanillaSoft is used by the Sales department only. One of the problems I have solved with VanillaSoft is that cold callers are able to get through the leads a lot quicker than other systems. This allows more leads to be called on. Another problem that was solved is the idea of having to go back and forth to send emails or make calls. With VanillaSoft everything can be done from the system without having to switch tabs. It even allows us to view a script to help during the calling process. This system also allows you to view a dashboard of all your callers to help see the progress of each team member.

• Organizes leads for callers.
  • Dashboards allow us to view our progress within the team.
  • The system is 'buggy'. It freezes sometimes.
  • You have to hit save several times for information to update on occasions.
VanillaSoft is well suited for the call center environment. I believe that it would be best to use if you have multiple people making calls. It would probably not work well with organizations in which there is only one caller. Also, this is more ideal for the sales/cold-call/ call center. I was unable to source from this system but entering new leads was not difficult.
Read Emilia Ramirez's full review
Deborah Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer

VanillaSoft is an excellent system to manage your
prospects for appointment setting. It is very easy to use and I like
the ability to see the time and date of prior calls and the notes of the
conversation. New contacts and phone
numbers can be added easily. It’s a
great time-saving tool to use for appointment setting. If an issue arises, the help support staff
resolves it quickly and is very courteous. The whole team uses VanillaSoft.

• Recordings of calls for easy access.
  • The ability to type lengthy notes and review them before a call.
  • Would like to see it move a bit quicker after resulting a call.
Vanilla Soft is great for appointment setting, and phone calls, and has everything I could need.
Read Deborah Walker's full review
Alex Tucker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Vanilla Soft for sales. We have a group calling opt-in data contacts via Bria softphone VOIP that is integrated into Vanilla Soft. It keeps track of results and notations. The result codes change the next action needed or taken within each contact. We can pull reports and quickly identify issues and successes.
  • Good format, easy to learn, and use/user-friendly.
  • The reporting tools are extensive and easy to create.
  • I would like to see the timezone as a report filter field.
  • Integration with AdobeSign like it already does with DocuSign.
VanillaSoft is well suited for needs to identify different stages of client interaction and where they are in the process. You can set contacts to different teams that hold team-specific result codes, calling patterns, etc. Instead of having one big pool of contacts you can break it up into segments based on where the contact is in the process.
Read Alex Tucker's full review
Arnie Francisco | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

VanillaSoft Review

VanillaSoft is being used only in our B2B calling efforts. When we switched to VanillaSoft, we get more insights into how everyone's performing, we were able to reach out to a lot more prospects compared to previous CRM, and it increased our deliverables. The on-boarding of new users is very easy. The default page for callers is not hard to navigate, you can easily make 300 calls or even more within an eight-hour shift.
  • Time tracking and performance tracking.
  • Friendly user-interface.
  • The "Run Query" button should not require double clicks.
If a job requires a lot of dials than VanillaSoft is well-suited. If you need email marketing, VS can hook you up with a good template and an easy-to-use SMTP. They have dashboards if you want to see if your agents are on the phone or not. They have customer service available all the time.
Read Arnie Francisco's full review
David Downer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize the VanillaSoft platform for multiple clients. To generate MQLs & SQLs to our client's sales team. Integrating with our Client's CRMs such as Hubspot and Salesforce, allows us to be transparent with our clients and give them much needed and desired business intelligence they would not get elsewhere. The ability to coordinate Marketing Campaigns with our clients improves the success of each campaign and provides our clients with the bridging of the gap between sales and marketing.
  • The routing capabilities make VanillaSoft stand out from other platforms as you have the ability to customize how a lead/contact is progressed through your funnel.
  • Integrated VoiP with voicemail drop improves the efficiency and quality of the calls being made and helps your agent keep up their energy level and professionalism.
  • The disconnect on Call Recordings being appended to the record if they do not result within a specific time-frame is a bit of a challenge, as sometimes it takes the agent more time to complete their notes and fill/edit important information.
  • Salesforce Integration limitations, but this should be resolved in early 2020 with a new API integration roll out.
In our opinion, VanillaSoft is best used for that heavy lifting of the sales cycle, making those initial prospecting calls to qualify and move a cold unknown lead/contact through the qualification process and getting them in front of a sales professional. It is well suited for filling the gap in the middle of the sales funnel, and connecting marketing efforts with sales development to get quantifiable results that most teams fail to get due to a disconnect between marketing and sales. It is less cumbersome then using Salesforce for this part of the funnel.
Read David Downer's full review
Oliver Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
VanillaSoft is used was used as a lead management tool. We used it for managing workflows and lead stages to develop leads from raw inquiries to the sales appointment stage. The software allowed us to automate email and promote responsive leads to higher importance, increasing conversions, profitability, and sales conversion.
  • Lead flow management.
  • Lead cadence.
  • Would like to see more how-to videos and instructional documentation.
VanillaSoft is well suited to leads coming into the software and being nurtured from raw enquiry to qualified lead to sale. It allows for lead flow and cross-selling opportunities. Along with automated emailing and trigger responses to promote highly engaged leads to the top of the flow. This is not a 360 call center solution.
Read Oliver Taylor's full review
Devon Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization, SalesRoads, uses VanillaSoft as our CRM and SEP. It houses all of our leads' email addresses, phone numbers and direct extensions, addresses, notes, job titles... EVERYTHING! I cannot fathom the missed opportunities and lack of professionalism if we were without VanillaSoft. Simply put, this thing is the best.

To the best of my knowledge, my whole organization uses VanillaSoft. That is dozens of campaigns and probably over one hundred reps. Depending on the campaign, we all sync it to different programs. On my end, my VanillaSoft account is connected to MicroSIP (for the autodialer functions) and Pipedrive (for the client's perusal). As for what business problems this CRM/SEP addresses, I think there is only one word to sum it up best: organization. Without fantastic systems like VanillaSoft, any sales or management professional would be living a nightmare right out of Death Of A Salesman. Leveraging modern technology like this is an absolute imperative for success in 2020 and beyond. Thank you for making my work so easy, I do not see myself using another program ever again.

• Autodialer
  • Cadence staging
  • Glitching when logging in
  • Appointment callbacks do not always properly close, prompting me to call back after having done so, and even sometimes after the lead is closed
VanillaSoft is best used for tracking and leveraging leads. I would imagine it is less appropriate outside of a sales environment. I do not think it would be appropriate for the medical industry, for instance.
Read Devon Palmer's full review
Adam Lesar | TrustRadius Reviewer
VanillaSoft is used by everyone in the office to manage contacts across multiple campaigns. It makes it incredibly easy to organize contacts, keep important notes and send e-mail and mailings and keep track of them! Integration with software like “RingCentral“ makes one-click dialing simple. There are also a lot of customization options to allow for various email templates to be saved as well as to make resulting each “contact” is done in a clear way that enables future contacts with that patron to be managed appropriately.
  • Ease of use and simple functionality. The layout for the screen is simple and easy to read. It takes minimal time to learn how to use it.
  • Customizable buttons and information screens. We are able to add specific information about patrons to panels that make finding information easy. Also, we can add buttons to make resulting in each contact easy.
  • The ability for each user to save our own email templates rather than having to create them for the whole team. More personalization would be nice
  • Email functionality could improve also. It uses an HTML based text similar to google docs but Google Docs is way better. It would be nice if it was easier to copy and paste text - sometimes formatting changes during pasting text.
VanillaSoft is an easy-to-use and simple software that offers powerful tools. It would be nice if it was more customizable per user so each person can save their own e-mail templates, but it’s still incredibly useful as-is. I’m able to keep track of my contacts with detailed notes and even search through old campaigns to find further useful information.
Read Adam Lesar's full review
Christine Bishop | TrustRadius Reviewer
VanillaSoft is used across our whole organization. It is used to hold all of our leads, as well as all of our information on each lead. It addresses all of the needs that our clients need. They are able to see the leads, and any info received by the agent. They are able to request changes that are tailored to their business needs.
  • VanillaSoft transitions from call-to-call very well.
  • VanillaSoft keeps track of all of the leads, comments, and appointment sets.
  • Sometimes the auto dial is difficult to use.
  • Sometimes stalls.
Scenarios that are well suited for Vanilla Soft include adding marketing leads and calling companies to provide info.
Read Christine Bishop's full review
Paul Marshall | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was the only user of VanillaSoft from within my organization. VanillaSoft solves the biggest issue with sales - which for us is follow-up.
  • My conversion rate jumped as as soon as VanillaSoft provided SMS.
  • VanillaSoft allows me to rapidly contact all my leads based on Last In, First Out.
  • VanillaSoft would improve if they allowed other email service providers to offer their product line through their system. This is the only issue I found with VanillaSoft.
If getting to your prospect first is important to you, then VanillaSoft is your solution. I compete with very large lenders who have money to burn on all types of technology. Of course, with VanillaSoft, I can play on an equal playing field with the big lenders. Plus, they offer 3 major forms of communicating with prospects - phone, email, and SMS.
Read Paul Marshall's full review
Sam Jaffe | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire office is using VanillaSoft. We have an in-house call center and we are using the online software to track and manage our calling process. We are also using the VOIP phones to make the calls as well. VanillaSoft allows us to easily track our outbound calling performance in an easy and efficient way.
  • User-interface is very user-friendly.
  • The appointment settings are very helpful and are easily customizable.
  • There is a learning curve to using the admin functions.
  • Managing the user licenses can be a little confusing.
Our company conducts market research fieldwork. We use VanillaSoft to reach out to business professionals and convince them to participate in our paid research studies. This software is well suited for companies that are looking to increase their outbound call productivity, whether it be in a sales, telemarketing, or market research environment. I'm not sure how successful or useful VanillaSoft would be for inbound calling.
Read Sam Jaffe's full review
Paul Diaz | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Easier than ice cream!

VanillaSoft is being used by our sales team. It allows them to receive leads without having to search to provide an organized workflow. VanillaSoft also has a dialer that you could utilize to dial straight from your computer to, again, have an organized and faster workflow. VanillaSoft the "research" part of obtaining leads. However, it is still very useful to research your leads, but VanillaSoft provides you with those leads.
  • Provide leads quicker with all of the information you need to contact them.
  • Provide a dialer that allows you to dial with a click.
  • Last time I used it, the dialer was on a separate app. If it could be part of the system, that would be useful.
In sales, specifically cold-calling, it is a numbers game. The more you call, the better the outcome. Overall, VanillaSoft is very useful because it allows you to be quick and organized with your task. You don't have to think of what you're doing next, it provides you with the information you'll need to keep going without having to stop.
VanillaSoft allows you to quicker with your calls and that is what matters in the sales world.
Read Paul Diaz's full review
Brett Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire company uses VanillaSoft daily for our calling routines. We work with a wide amount of data so having VanillaSoft on our side to help organize and qualify our data is crucial in maximizing efficiency and boosting company revenue overall. VanillaSoft really just speeds up calling procedures and data filing by allowing you to customize different views and user-accessible tasks. The calendar is a huge feature that every employee here utilizes daily to effectively maintain tasks.
  • Organization.
  • Data-sorting.
  • Automatic emails.
  • Duplicate data.
VanillaSoft is excellent for client prospecting. Many of our future business opportunities are generated by using VanillaSoft. I'd recommend the product to any small to medium business who could use assistance is effectively sorting and filing data appropriately. By having VanillaSoft's features easily available for everyday tasks, workloads are much more manageable and more leads are generated to input into our CRM system. VanillaSoft could implement a more user-friendly CRM system however for what it currently offers, the product works excellent!
Read Brett Horton's full review
Alvin Fayman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've been using VanillaSoft for email campaigns to attract potential attendees to a series of technology webinars hosted by major tech companies that we help implement.
  • Makes it easy to load contact lists and messages.
  • Enables smooth, continuous transmission of messages.
  • Occasionally forced sign-out and need to sign in again to continue the process.
  • Would benefit by installing an automatic clicker to save time and manual labor.
VanillaSoft handles campaigns of all sizes equally well, but those with several thousand contacts may have to be paused at intervals for smooth operation. If work is being done manually, large campaigns can become tiring.
Read Alvin Fayman's full review
Claudia Londono | TrustRadius Reviewer
The entire organization uses the platform for sales management and development, from the sales department to the administrator side. It addresses our needs.
  • Easy to use/user-friendly.
  • Great program to follow-up on qualified future prospects.
  • Sometimes it glitches and slows down.
  • Repeats leads several times.
VanillaSoft is well suited for auto-dialing, scripting, and lead control.
Read Claudia Londono's full review
Janet Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

We Love VanillaSoft!

VanillaSoft is used by everyone in our company, including bookkeeping. It is a precise tool to keep contacts and appointments organized, plus it's very easy to use. If we didn't have this system, we would not be able to keep with all of the appointments and data we are responsible for.
  • Calendar.
  • Data collection.
  • Customer service and response times.
  • Nothing that I can think of!
VanillaSoft is very well suited to our sales department. We are able to keep precise appointment times and data about our clients. We can also collect data in spreadsheet form very easily. The customer service is very responsive and we have never had long periods of downtime from server issues. I would highly recommend VanillaSoft to a colleague.
Read Janet Kennedy's full review
It is used across the organization to track contacts, organize a database of recruits, schedule, call, and send mails for market research recruiting. It combines different samples in an easy to use format seamlessly combines different groups in one stream of contacts to use for market research purposes. The classification enables accurate resolution codes for all participants to follow easily.
  • Record contacts
  • Calendar function is a little tight in room
  • Resolution codes should be displayed on front screen by default
Ease of use calling a contact when using VanillaSoft Connect. Voicemail Drop feature is particularly effective. Scheduling follow ups is easy and effective. This application encourages teamwork through the notes section that is visible for each contact. Follow up made easy with the scheduling function when resolving a call.

It probably could use some beefing up in the Notes area for more in-depth information to be captured.
February 22, 2020

Buy it now

We are calling alumni of our college and asking if they would like to make a donation to the campus. It is being used by all callers. There aren’t any problems I have seen but my supervisor every shift has to reset our phone numbers and voicemails to the correct person. Meaning, when each individual logs in, it has to be reset.
  • Clear voice on the call.
  • Website is easy to use.
  • Putting a voicemail on is timely.
It is well suited for large organizations such as my school. Many hundreds of phone calls are made every night. Compared to the previous vendor, this one is so much better! It allows callers on the phone to have everything they might need to help make the call go great.
VanillaSoft is being used on a daily basis for marketing and sales and has greatly impacted client acquisition since I first implemented this software. This is a must-have for any start-up business or seasoned entrepreneur.
  • Features are user-friendly and allow for maximum productivity throughout the day.
  • The automatic dialing feature allows constant contact and maximum productivity.
  • I am completely satisfied with VanillaSoft and have not come across any inconvenience that would cause me to believe that there is a need for improvement.
  • 100% satisfied with every aspect.
VanillaSoft is well suited for email drips, prospecting and sales calls, customer profiles that contain details and notations regarding previous conversations and everything that could be benefited from when using CRM software.

VanillaSoft rocks!

VanillaSoft is being used by the Admissions Department only. It is an excellent time management tool. It keeps the team organized and on top of things when used properly. We absolutely love it. We see our appointments and all the prospects we need to follow-up with. All of our activity is in front of us.
  • It filters leads by upcoming interviews.
  • It filters leads by financial aid appointments.
  • There aren't any areas for improvement.
  • There were lots of changes made initially to accommodate our environment.
I would recommend this product to anyone that has to reach out to people on a daily basis. The autodialer is an excellent tool for anyone in sales that has to make a lot of calls. Now we just pick up the phone and click on the prospects number and the system dials for us! This is a win, win. It is also great for those that are not organized!

VanillaSoft Review

VanillaSoft is being used to raise the contact, interview, enroll, and start percentages of leads for each of our campuses across the country. VanillaSoft helped create universal calling, texting, and emailing procedures for our campuses. VanillaSoft is currently being used by our Admissions department. We adopted VanillaSoft to become our CRM for prospective students so we have a clean student database.
  • Easy to learn/use for the caller and admin side.
  • Many customizable features.
  • Sometimes runs slow.
VanillaSoft is well suited for any company looking for an easy to use lead management system. It is tough to recruit and enroll students in the current market. VanillaSoft will help you gain an edge on the competition, become more efficient, effective and expedited with your approach. VanillaSoft makes lead management simple with lead prioritization, logical branch scripting, call-activity dashboard, and adaptable data management.

Helpfulness

VanillaSoft is being used by our organization to keep track of students that come into our campus whether they came to enroll in school or they came just to get information on the programs that we offer here at Fortis. It doesn't address any business problems it just helps use maintain our students and which representative they saw when they came in.
  • Management
  • Contact
  • Contacts could be shown as soon as you log in.
  • Searching for someone's information.
It is well suited when, as stated before, to keep track of students and their information when they come in to get information about the school or to enroll in the program of their choice. It is less appropriate when we have to look up a student and it's hard to find and then we have to do a reverse search using their phone number. It would be better if we could just type in the first three letters of their first name and the first three letters of their last name in order to look them up.
It's used as a customer relationship management software, where we are able to contact our clients' leads through email, SMS, and VOIP. We are a sales agency so the entire sales team, up to 50 people, were using the software at any given time. The company was able to do huge volumes of outbound dialing thanks to VanillaSoft's easy to use software.
  • Result codes.
  • Robust VOIP.
  • Email sequencing.
  • Tracking.
I'd recommend VanillaSoft for any organization requiring high volumes of outbound dialing. Also, it would be well suited for sales agencies that are managing a significant amount of clients' leads with various projects. It's less appropriate as a CRM for smaller organizations that do not have a heavy emphasis on outbound dialing.

About VanillaSoft

VanillaSoft is a solution for managing inside sales and lead management processes. The vendor says typical CRM software requires manual intervention and decision making by salespeople before they ever pick up the phone or send an email. In comparison, the vendor says VanillaSoft facilitates faster, more productive sales conversations.

The vendor’s value proposition is that data-driven workflows and automated functionality let salespeople focus on selling -- not operating software. According to the vendor, efficiency-boosting features include:

• progressive auto dialing
  • real-time, next-best-lead routing
  • logical branch scripting
  • voice mail drop
  • email - templates, nurturing, blast
  • lead scoring
  • inbound web lead capture
  • live monitor & eavesdrop
  • call recording

Additionally, the vendor says that with VanillaSoft, typical clients see a 94% increase in productivity and that customers also report an overall improvement in follow-up attempts and response times to leads. A free trial is available.

VanillaSoft Features

VanillaSoft Screenshots

VanillaSoft Video

VanillaSoft overview

VanillaSoft Downloadables

VanillaSoft Integrations

VanillaSoft Competitors

VanillaSoft Pro$80user

VanillaSoft offers several add-ons to use in conjunction with our base platforms including: Auto Dialing Call Recording VoIP SmartCaller ID SMS

VanillaSoft Customer Size Distribution