- Our employees love it - very user friendly, easy to grasp, very little down time to learn it. They feel very confident immediately.
- Great technical support - I can get solutions to customer problems that make our company look more responsive to our clients. Our clients appreciate our solving their problems immediately.
- Because of the real time analytics - we can address immediate issues with marketing campaigns to make our client's personnel look great to their superiors.
- Because of all the functionality - we can provide a turnkey approach from a small company with big company capabilities.
- Would love to see a mobile app - so that I can monitor ongoing campaigns on the go. Periodically questions arise that need my immediate attention - would be nice to pull up the dash board to see what is going on real time from my phone.
- It has a robust calendar option that facilitates appointment setting. Creating external agents allows us to set appointments for a client and define that campaigns time requirements. This prevents agents from booking outside requested times. If desired it can also prevent overlapping appointments. The ability to sync with google calendar is useful for sales reps that keep a busy schedule. The option to highlight existing appointments within a certain radius of the current prospect record makes it effortless to group appointments on the same day based on geographic location.
- Result notification emails which are customized per campaign and triggered by termination result are particularly useful. Notices are extremely flexible and can be used to simply provide appointment information, confirmation or to kick off internal work flows.
- Unlimited customized results / terminations are the driving force behind V.S. processes. You can be as detailed and specific as you want and each code. The granular controls for the processes that a result code can be programmed with, allow for a more streamlined usage for callers or users.
- The built in scripting and prospect merge ability is useful, although their formatting support for pasted text could be improved as rich text sometimes causes the system to freeze in their new interface.
- The inability to create customized controls for a "manager" user.... a non-admin user with access to admin side reporting. This is limiting because although I can train others to run reports, I cannot allow them security access to campaign and account settings. This forces me as the admin to perform menial reporting tasks instead of using my time more productively.
- Click to call third party solutions (browser based plug ins that generate sip links from a phone number) have been neutralized with the new interface, which forces an additional per user per month charge to allow click to call dialing with only a select number of supported soft phones.
- VanillaSoft provides a solid call center experience both from a management perspective and from the caller's perspective.
- VanillaSoft's call routing is easy to understand and configure, but provides a lot of capabilities: based on the results of the call, you can schedule a callback, mark the person as finished, throw them back in the pool to not be called for a specified period or whatever you want to do.
- It's pretty straightforward to load scripts into the system for callers to use. Segmenting those scripts and matching them up with the person being called happens almost automatically--you tie both to a single field so callers never read the wrong script. You can also customize what data callers see about the person their calling, so they have the most important data at their fingertips and can dig in to find the details they may occasionally need.
- VanillaSoft's reporting tools can do MOST things, but they're clunky and hard to use--there's a ton of clicking and waiting as different configuration pages load. Too, it's impossible to compare fields to each other, so it's difficult to know when a particular field was updated by a caller.
- Because it's licensed by seat, we have each call station assigned to a different seat license. Different callers might sit at different seats each night--without manual, external tracking, we have a hard time tracking caller performance over time.
- Allows for sorting of data flexibly and clearly whether importing or exporting lists.
- Facilitates clean data collection (for example when prospects we call update their contact information).
- Enables callers to make very personalized calls.
- Realtime synchronization from a master list of potential prospects to call with even more elastic ability to re-/assign them to specific call lists would be great.
- Texting functionality could be better in terms of WYSIWYG and user experience.
- The system for de-/activating profiles is a bit cumbersome at times, with lapsed phonathon callers' profiles becoming completely hidden from the admin side.
- One of my favorite features is the ability to customize routing. Quite often a caller is told by a prospect to call back at a certain date and time, the caller can set that and the record will pop up in the front of the database on that date and time letting you know that you have a call to make.
- We also send out information on behalf of our clients to prospects, which we do directly out of VanillaSoft. After the information is emailed the system will actually let us know when it was opened and moved that prospect record to the front of the database to be a priority in call rotation.
- I also love that we were able to customize it so that the callers have everything they need to see right in front of them. We have a area that has the prospects information, name and address, then an area that has required information fields with questions the caller needs to ask and place answers in the appropriate fields, then we have an area with a notepad, an area to access the calendar, and an area that gives the caller all the previous activity on the record.
- These are considered strengths for us as all of these examples make my job and the callers job much easier and saves us a ton of time and money.
- It really needs an "undo" button. I can't tell you how many times I was typing notes etc and hit a wrong button and all was gone so I had to start over.
- This may be the way we have it set up....we have term codes which are how the callers terminate a call they were on. They finish the call, then type notes in the notepad section of what happened, then they terminate the call. But there are times that I need to go onto a record and just leave a note but don't need to terminate it as anything. If there is a way to do that, it would make my life a lot easier.
- Lead Routing (ideal for inside sales specialist model)
- Call Results/ outcomes (ideal for Segmentation and rich reporting)
- Script and scoring (with automated calculations).
- Smoother VoIP implementation for European coverage
VanillaSoft Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
VanillaSoft is a solution for managing inside sales and lead management processes. The vendor says typical CRM software requires manual intervention and decision making by salespeople before they ever pick up the phone or send an email. In comparison, the vendor says VanillaSoft facilitates faster, more productive sales conversations.
The vendor’s value proposition is that data-driven workflows and automated functionality let salespeople focus on selling -- not operating software. According to the vendor, efficiency-boosting features include:
- progressive auto dialing
- real-time, next-best-lead routing
- logical branch scripting
- voice mail drop
- email - templates, nurturing, blast
- lead scoring
- inbound web lead capture
- live monitor & eavesdrop
- call recording
Additionally, the vendor says that with VanillaSoft, typical clients see a 94% increase in productivity and that customers also report an overall improvement in follow-up attempts and response times to leads. A free trial is available.
VanillaSoft offers several add-ons to use in conjunction with our base platforms including: Auto Dialing Call Recording VoIP SmartCaller ID SMS
VanillaSoft Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||50%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
VanillaSoft Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
VanillaSoft Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||All Countries|