vCita Reviews

David Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 11, 2020

vCita Empowers your Customers and Gives You More Time

vCita was originally used as an appointment booking service for my computer training business. It was very good for allowing customers to book an appointment online without having to call me back and forth until we found a time that worked for us. Initially, this saved me a lot of time and allowed me to prepare better for training sessions and the customer had an opportunity to put the nature of the lesson in the request. As time went by, more features were added to the platform allowing me to take payments, store documents and increase my interaction which resulted in more repeat business. Now I am using vCita as a support service in addition to the initial use of appointment bookings. Customers can make initial contact with their issue and request a solution at a time that I can help them best. It is a win-win for both parties. I can see the potential to build a strong customer base with the marketing features as vCita continues to develop.
  • Great for online appointment bookings.
  • Good for taking payments.
  • Good for onboarding new clients.
  • Integrates with your website.
  • Integrates with Facebook Pages.
  • Expensive for the features you get.
  • Some features appear disjointed.
  • Not a complete system yet.
It is really good for taking online bookings including the scheduling of repeat appointments. The ability to store documents for particular clients is useful however I feel that the client should have a more secure method of access if you were to put sensitive information on their profile. At the moment the client only needs their email address to get into their profile which is good to allow them to review a history of interaction.
With continued improvements and new features added the platform is growing into a CRM tool however I feel it is still not complete and can be used for this purpose but with limitations.
Read David Cook's full review
Denise Deem | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

vCita it works well for the value

We use the online scheduler by vCita. We pay for five users. Many people like to schedule an appointment online rather than calling to make an appointment. This gives them the option of making an appointment easier.
  • The help "chat" is excellent
  • You can script your own message in the widget
  • Syncing with our google calendars has some flaws or is just not clear
  • Messages show unread when they have been read
vCita is a good program at a reasonable cost. I would highly recommend it. I looked at other programs before choosing this one and am glad I decided vCita. I haven't noticed any upgrades in the past two years since using it, so I'm sure they could improve. I always find email tips helpful on how to master any dashboard, but they do not offer those.
Read Denise Deem's full review
Josh Randall | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

Perfect for managing client communications via your website!

We use vCita to manage prospective client communications. It allows us to have a widget on the website so we can address pre-sale questions and also allow for appointments to be scheduled. We use it on purchase pages of the website. vCita works well for us and clients like the ability to ask questions right from the page where they are looking at a service to purchase.
  • Very easy implementation of a contact/scheduling widget.
  • Allows for scheduling of appointments with clients. The setup is easy and the allotted times can be changed as needed. Easy for the client to use as well.
  • Managing communication between individual clients is easy as well.
  • I would really like to see a live chat feature added so we don't have to use another piece of software.
  • At times I've had trouble finding particular settings. A little confusing sometimes to navigate the admin menu.
vCita is very well suited for managing communications with clients.
Read Josh Randall's full review
MaryLee Trettenero | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2018

vCita Has Some Great Features And A Few Software Glitches

I use vCita on my website so clients can book appointments with me. I am a one man show so it's the whole organization. I needed to automate my bookings. Prior to vCita I did everything manually.
  • Make it easy for clients to book the variety of services I offer.
  • They make it easy for me to adjust my schedule. I can add hours or block out times I'm away.
  • Make it easy to offer special promotions
  • They have a problem with the interface with Paypal. Dozens of clients have been kicked off the transaction, not completing their appointment requests even though they entered their credit card information. Another colleague has this same issue.
  • I go around this issue by not requiring that they provide payment at the time of the booking. I send them a manual invoice from Paypal. It adds extra time but I can't take the chance their appointments won't go through.
  • I have clients that receive confirmation notices that are not for the time that they booked. Sometimes, it has to do with time zones. It used to happen frequently when someone has a phone number registered in a different time zone. It hasn't happened in the past few months so they may have corrected this.
  • I can't change an appointment if the client made a mistake and booked the wrong type of service. The client has to cancel and rebook the appointment themselves. I should be able to do that once a client notifies me.
Well suited to freelancers who have clients that book appointments with them. It's good when a freelancer offers a variety of services. When it's working, it's good for a client to be able to book an appointment and pay for it at any time of the day or night. I don't know the scenarios that would be less appropriate. There are many features, like for groups, that I don't use.
Read MaryLee Trettenero's full review
Christopher Cater | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2018

vCita is terrific for home-service companies

Teach Me Tech uses vCita as the main CRM system for the company. We use it to hold customer information like phone number, address, work history, and payment information. It also is our deployment software. When it’s time for a job the dispatcher will look to the software to inform the tech where the next location is. Lastly, the client's schedule works through the software as well.
  • Allows customer service to send links to schedule an appointment for a particular service
  • Allows the client to pay in multiple ways after service
  • Send SMS reminder to tech and client for appointments
  • I would like more visual customization for the invoice
  • I would like to customize the booking pages whenever a link is sent out or the page is embedded on the company website
  • I would like all payments to be attached to a particular job instead of showing as just a payment for a customer
I find that vCita works great for our needs as a home services company. I would like some more integration on the CRM side and the ability to put in more customer information like communication history and a better tagging system.
Read Christopher Cater's full review
Debbie Sonntag | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2018

vCita for On-Line scheduling and File Sharing

We are using vCita to schedule calls with clients and prospects and to send/receive secure files containing sensitive data.
  • Integrates with Google Calendar
  • Integrates with our website
  • Responds to support inquiries quickly
  • Wish we could send/receive multiple attachments (or no attachments) in a single message.
  • Back-end navigation is not very intuitive
  • We would like access for multiple staff members and their email marketing, but it's a bit too pricey
We moved to vCita from a different online scheduling solution because of their integration with our new website manager (Duda). They are more expensive, but we were able to justify the additional cost because of this integration and the additional file sharing feature (although this feature's functionality is less than ideal).
Read Debbie Sonntag's full review

vCita Scorecard Summary

Customer data management / contact management (3)
Workflow management (3)
Email marketing (1)
Billing and invoicing management (2)
Reporting (1)
Custom fields (4)
API for custom integration (1)
Role-based user permissions (3)
9.8
Mobile access (3)

About vCita

vCita is a marketing-focused CRM for service providers. According to the vendor, the product helps service providers move clients through every stage of the sales cycle: from the first point of contact to closing, upselling and follow-up.

vCita is a super lightweight CRM with the following features:

- Manage appointments, payments, and clients
- Access info & respond to clients on the go with a mobile app
- Invite clients to view information / perform actions on a personalized client portal
- Assign clients or leads to staff members
- Get instant notifications for every "red flag" - let nothing slip through the cracks
- Set follow-up reminders for future tasks
- Add tags, client custom-fields & notes
- Share and receive documents online
- Sync with Gmail, iCal and other calendars
- Build your client base with a beautiful lead-capturing widget
- Accept appointment requests from verified prospects 24/7
- Reduce no-shows by 44% with SMS & email reminders
- Send email, SMS & coupon marketing campaigns in minutes

vCita Features

Sales Force Automation Features

Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management

Marketing Automation Features

Has featureEmail marketing

CRM Project Management Features

Has featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting

Customization Features

Has featureCustom fields
Has featureAPI for custom integration

Security Features