Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- Automated backup testing
- Automated replication testing
- Primary to DR
- Local back
- Data retention policies
- SureBackup can be challenging to setup.
- Setting retention policies isn't clear.
- Can be challenging to set up and work out the errors and warnings.
I wouldn't recommend Veeam to a small business as it can be costly and difficult to set up.
- Backs up all Virtual Machines in a VMware Environment
- Allows us to apply rules 3-2-1 (Disk to disk to Cloud)
- Restores the system with 1 click
- Replication to another site
- Manage every thing with 1 portal
- Should have training for all functions
- Admin only knows some functions on a Veeam product
- Case study for customers should have more detail
- Enterprise version for Enterprise group, and standard for SMB company. It works better with a VMWare environment.
- You should have at least one IT delegate who can control and provide full support this Application.
- It is not VMware environment, so it is recommended for a group using VMWare.
- If you have more than 3 hosts and 10 Virtual Machines, then you should have it.
- You can restore entire VMs in minutes with Instant VM Recovery - This allows our customers to spin up a VM when needed.
- You can also recover individual files easily with Instant File-level Recovery - If an employee accidentally deletes a file or a file becomes corrupt, you can easily get it back for them.
- It easily integrates into other software - Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365
- The Veeam Availability Suite was a great enhancement to the Veeam offerings and is perfect for many users.
- Backup and recovery of entire VMware VM's and granular recovery of files using Veeam Explorer make this an ideal product. Backup of physical Windows servers using the agent allows the use of a single product for backup.
- Software installation and setup I found was relatively easy as was setting up backups. I find the interface is intuitive and easy to use once you are familiar with it.
- Email alerts are important and allow you to verify backup status without having to remote in to check on things. When an issue is reported, it allows me to respond to resolve the issues before the production day starts. Usually the alert points out an issue that is a VMware related and not a Veeam issue.
- Once Veeam is setup and configured properly, it requires little intervention. Pretty much a set it and forget it solution. Highly reliable.
- Veeam is an important part of our DR recovery strategy. We can spin up entire VM's at our backup site whenever needed very easily and quickly to resume critical business operations.
- Veeam works well for backing up encrypted volumes on Windows servers using the backup agent.
- Pricing of this product and ongoing support is a little expensive, but well worth the cost. It is reliable and solid, which is very important with backup and recovery. You cannot afford a product of this type to fail. You do get what you pay for!
- Once in a great while, backup snapshots are not removed. It would be nice if Veeam could alert you that snapshots exist, whether they were created by Veeam backup or in vSphere. This would prompt you to go into vSphere and remove/resolve the snapshot issue and free up storage resources.
- Backup and Recovery is very quick and painless to set up.
- The GUI for all the different parts are very user friendly.
- Sandbox mode for different projects is handy when trying to see how a particular variable will change without impacting production.
- The Web side of Veeam does need some tune up with more features.
- The support site of Veeam does seem to be good but there is a lot of old, outdated material.
- Veeam provides highly configurable total backups that integrate into VMware seamlessly.
- Veeam also provides the ability to replicate whole VMs back to our central data center.
- Veeam has both web based and Windows desktop clients.
- There's very little to complain about with Veeam. The only point of contention is that the web UI could benefit from a better feature set.
- Veeam's web UI can also be a bit slow.
- Our Veeam Backup job works nightly to address the all-inclusive package for products including the operating system, application files, settings, and user data. We have other solutions for data backups, but this gives us the whole package.
- Setting up the backups through the wizard was a breeze.
- I get an email after the job runs that is simple and easy to ensure the backups are working.
- Occasionally a snapshot isn't removed after the backups have finished. I'd like to know about it.
- Backup of virtualized infrastructure (Hyper-V and VMware). Does not require VM level agents for application backups.
- Pre-Canned reporting with Veeam One can provide basic backup and infrastructure reporting.
- Granular application level recovery. Exchange mailboxes, SQL, Sharepoint, etc.
- Backup of physical infrastructure is not up to par with other offerings.
- Backup job failures could use more explanation. Multiple instances of jobs "waiting for backup infrastructure" but there are no other jobs running.
Veeam Availability Suite Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Veeam Availability Suite
Veeam Availability Suite is a data management service that utilizes the data protection capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication paired with the advanced monitoring and reporting of Veeam ONE for comprehensive coverage of all workloads.
Backup & Replication
- Proprietary Scale-out Backup Repository™ service
- Create backups from any storage, as well as backups from the leading storage providers with storage snapshot integration
- Replicate VMs on site or off site for disaster recovery; advanced replication
- Instant VM Recovery®
- Instant File-Level Recovery, for recovery of individual files
- Application-level recovery with Veeam Explorers™ for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server and Oracle
- Recovery of on-premises or cloud-based workloads to AWS, Azure and Azure Stack in just 2 steps with Veeam Cloud Mobility
- Unlimited capacity for long-term data retention via native object storage integrations
- Fully-integrated cloud-based DR and cloud backup with Veeam Cloud Connect
Monitoring & Analytics
- Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics, for identifying and resolving common backup configuration issues
- Self-healing automated remediation
- Centralized deployment and management of Veeam
Agents for Microsoft Windows and Linux
Orchestration & Automation
- Recovery orchestration, testing automation, and documentation for virtual environments
- Task automation with CLI and RESTful API commands
Veeam Availability Suite Technical Details