January 31, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Read Travis Tingey's full review
Pros and Cons
- Integration with Excel is seamless. I can use the newest formulas and functions as well as macros in my workbooks in my workbook without running into vena limitations. In fact, Vena makes excel better with additional easy to use and very powerful functions.
- Very quick and easy to update with daily accounting software updates.
- User-friendly process mappings that run the show.
- Permissions for power users is underdeveloped. For example, no permission for a power user to act as admin in all groups but their own. - you can’t make someone an admin over certain groups without giving them the rights to change their own permissions.
- Vena is always rolling out new functions and views making it difficult to have consistency in some of the tools you use regularly in Vena. It just requires that you read every update summary.
- Doesn’t play well with Mac. They are getting better at this but for a long time Vena was inaccessible to Mac users and is really only available on a basic user level for Mac.