Venngage

Venngage: A little know design secret

February 18, 2020
We use Venngage to create invitations, employee communications, visual charts, informational summaries, and organizational charts.

Venngage To The Rescue!

November 30, 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Venngage, and make your voice heard!

Premium

$19

per user/per month

Business

$49

per user/per month

Free

Free

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://venngage.com/pricing

What is Venngage?

Venngage is an infographics creation platform. Users can create inforgraphics for their marketing team from scratch or from a template.

Venngage Features

Enterprises (more than 500 employees)1%

Venngage Technical Details

What is Venngage?

Who uses Venngage?

The most common users of Venngage are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Construction industry.

Lori Houser | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Venngage to inform our departments, employee, and customers of revised processes. It's a great way to create an informational or instructional one-page document that is easy to digest and understand. With the ever-changing process in corporate services, it really helps us to be able to get everyone informed quickly.
  • Inforgraphics
  • Presentations
  • Instructional guides
  • Downloads to Powerpoint.
It is very user-friendly, it does not take much to learn how to use the program so even for someone who has never used a program like Venngage, they would be able to produce dynamic infographics and/or presentations in very little time. It also provides tons of templates to help you get started.
There were several colorful templates organized by topic—a good product for attention-grabbing cover pages and graphics.
  • Attention-grabbing graphics
  • Bright colors
  • Interesting ways to display basic information
  • On closer inspection, many templates were the same.
  • I also found it a little difficult to edit for my purposes, which included being able to show more detailed analysis, for example, placing excel data in the file.
  • If you want to download in an editable manner, such as into Powerpoint, which is currently offered in beta production, you had to upgrade beyond the $19 charge to a more costly business plan.
  • There were constant email bots asking me to upgrade. I then went to cancel the subscription and the refund has been refused, after three emails explaining my situation.
  • I understand Venngage wishes to grow its business, but refusing refunds is not the way to do it. They should be trying to develop fans, not frustrated business people exploring this new product. I believe the Customer Service personnel should be empowered to do the right thing. If this poor customer service had not happened, I would have tapped this product from time to time for catch graphics. Now instead, I am steering clear and using products such as Canva
On closer inspection, many templates were the same. I also found it a little difficult to edit for my purposes, which included being able to show more detailed analysis, for example, placing excel data in the file. Further, if you wanted to download in an editable manner, such as into Powerpoint which is offered in beta production, you had to upgrade beyond the $19 charge to a more costly business plan. Further, there were constant email bots asking me to upgrade. I then went to cancel the subscription and the refund has been refused, after three emails explaining my situation. I understand Venngage wishes to grow its business, but this is not the way to do it. They should be trying to develop fans, not frustrated business people exploring this new product. I believe the Customer Service personnel should be empowered to do the right thing. If this poor customer service had not happened, I would have tapped this product from time to time for catch graphics. Now instead, I am steering clear and using products such as Canva
  • Easy graphic capability
  • Loads of creative templates
  • Wish that some content fell under my currently paid subscription fee.
  • Some template areas could use more content.
  • Org Charts
  • Client Proposals
  • Invitations
  • Benefits Summaries
  • Creating specific interview templates
I think that the attention that I get as a small business owner from Venngage is excellent. They quickly respond to questions and provide information that helps to resolve the issue that I am having.
November 30, 2018

Venngage To The Rescue!

Our company uses Venngage to produce marketing collateral, promotional assets (print and digital), infographics, social media content, and sales materials in-house, without the need to hire an outside graphic designer. We initially signed on with Venngage in order to fulfill a need for a professionally-designed industry report, the creation of which we did not have the budget to outsource. Having Venngage was a huge assist in that it allowed us to customize and edit the report as it was being crafted and designed in real-time - and quickly - without the need to vet, onboard, or engage anyone externally. We then proceeded to experiment with Venngage for the creation of social media materials and web banners and look to how we could incorporate infographics more regularly in our original content pipeline.
  • Extremely user-friendly: simple, easy-to-follow interface really made ramping up on the offering incredibly fast and painless.
  • Variety of templates: Venngage has a HUGE assortment of templates ranging from corporate reports and business decks to more visually-engaging, "fun" content such as infographics, awesome charts, and highly customizable social graphics.
  • Brand-alignment: we really appreciated the opportunity to tee up our brand guidelines and have those remain on the back-end and let us apply our style guide to multiple templates instantaneously.
  • While extremely helpful, I do think the ability to import and apply your brand guidelines (typography, colors, logo, etc.) to any template instantaneously could be improved, and the array of auto-populated "on-brand" templates could be amplified.
If you are a small business or even a small team within a larger firm, Venngage is extremely useful. Larger enterprises, with in-house designers or multiple design stakeholders, may not find the offering appropriate as it's THAT easy to use that it could lead to folks going outside the lines of official, corporate-mandated brand guidelines. That said, for small businesses, this is absolutely the best tool I have come across (after trying many from Adobe Spark to Canva and others), and for the monthly price of $49, you cannot beat the amount of original graphics and materials you are able to produce, without having any prior "design" experience to boot.
Venngage is currently being used in conjunction with other visualization tools to communicate our institutional data with both our internal and external audiences. The Division of Assessment, Planning and Continuous Improvement [department] at the institution oversees the creation of the visuals created with this software. They oftentimes work with other divisions within the institution to bring in data for larger scale reporting projects.
  • Venngage comes with a good suite of templates for starting projects from. For anyone working with infographics, getting started is usually 3/4 of the battle and having a good set of templates to choose from is a nice feature to save you time searching the internet.
  • Venngage makes it easy to change colors on most of their shapes, lines, backgrounds, etc.. ie., it is simple to customize in Venngage, which is incredibly important if you have a large team of users and not a great deal of time to train them in working with these types of tools.
  • Venngage's auto-save feature is not only one of it's best assets, but it has saved our team many times! Not all competitors have this feature and when you're working with precision as intricate as you typically are with an Infographic, auto-save is imperative!
  • It's hard to lock graphics into place in Venngage once you create something.
  • Layering is next to impossible. The feature is there but is very difficult to use and most times the user is better off copying the object over instead
  • Unless you have a business account (we have a professional account- middle grade) you cannot sort and organize your infographics. This is messy and cumbersome to go through and the price difference between professional and business grade accounts was quite large.
Venngage works really well for basically creating any type of standard infographic that you can see when you browse the templates. We have used it successfully to communicate retention data, strategic plan information, workflows and more. It doesn't work as well though when you try to get too fancy with it. Meaning, you want a Word Cloud taking on a specific shape or reusing certain words a specific number of times. For those things, we found that it was best to use another application and then import the work as a graphic.