May 17, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Veracross is used organization-wide by about 300 employees. We use it as a learning management tool across the organization. It helps with scheduling, class rosters, grade reporting, and budgeting. Veracross allows me to access student information through the directory, tells me my class schedule, and tells me the class schedule of any student within the school. Veracross also has a parent portal for parents to log in to see their child's schedules, their class information, grades, and the directory. Veracross is intuitive to learn and to figure out.
- Streamlined and easy to read design
- Simple and intuitive ways to contact entire classes and groups
- Grade reporting is simple and automatically saves any comments I've written as I write
- The main school calendar is synced with Veracross' home page calendar to assist in planning
- Veracross does not allow teachers to see report cards from previous years.
- There is no functionality to email multiple classes the same thing. I need to click on each class to send the same parent email.
- It is difficult to find how many times a student has been absent or tardy within the trimester or year. A significant amount of digging is required.
Read Michelle Kelly's full review
Veracross does a great job organizing my schedule and giving me information about my students. I easily see the school calendar upon log in to see upcoming conflicts. I am able to add disciplinary reports within the same system I take attendance in, which is vital. No teacher wants to have 3 tabs open to email parents, take attendance, and write comportment forms. Veracross does not have the ability to keep report card data from previous years easily accessible for teachers. In our school's previous learning management system I had access to every report card a child has received at the school.