Veracross for TeachersOur school uses Veracross for faculty, parent, and student portals. Teachers can take attendance, post assignments, record grades, and make announcements. Parents can view the calendar, check students grades and reports, and get important messages from the teachers. Students rely on it as a way to check homework assignments and current class grades. Veracross keeps track of the school calendar and school directory as well as other things.,Grades-Real time data about grades for students, parents, and teachers. Directory-Easy to find information about students and faculty in one place. Calendar-Easy to check on school events and other activities.,Homework assignments-I wish that you could duplicate assignments for different sections of a class. As it is now, you have to enter it separately. The library feature is difficult for some teachers to manage. The class website isn't as easy to use as some other programs.,8,Not sure, but our school has been using it for years, so it must be worth it. Veracross is good about updating and adding features.,FACTS Student Information System (formerly RenWeb),Inspire, iMovieVerrrry VeracrossOur whole organization uses Veracross. Veracross is a powerful tool that holds our student, family, faculty, and staff data. We can use it for mailings and labels or use it to look up current contact info for a family when needed. We can pull student schedules, grades, comments, and transcript information.,It seems to have an unlimited amount of storage. There is almost nothing it won't do.,My biggest concern is that it is not particularly intuitive so it can be hard to remember how to do things you don't do often.,8,It holds a lot of data so we were able to let go of several things by adding Veracross.,,Microsoft Office 2016, FileMaker ProVeracross does a lot!Veracross is used organization-wide by about 300 employees. We use it as a learning management tool across the organization. It helps with scheduling, class rosters, grade reporting, and budgeting. Veracross allows me to access student information through the directory, tells me my class schedule, and tells me the class schedule of any student within the school. Veracross also has a parent portal for parents to log in to see their child's schedules, their class information, grades, and the directory. Veracross is intuitive to learn and to figure out.,Streamlined and easy to read design Simple and intuitive ways to contact entire classes and groups Grade reporting is simple and automatically saves any comments I've written as I write The main school calendar is synced with Veracross' home page calendar to assist in planning,Veracross does not allow teachers to see report cards from previous years. There is no functionality to email multiple classes the same thing. I need to click on each class to send the same parent email. It is difficult to find how many times a student has been absent or tardy within the trimester or year. A significant amount of digging is required.,9,Easily take attendance assuming all students are present Loss of ability to see past report cards Easily see a list of student birthdays,PowerSchool Student Information System,Apple iCloud
Veracross

Veracross Reviews

Veracross
Filter 3 vetted Veracross reviews and ratings
Nicole Glover profile photo
November 17, 2018

User Review: "Veracross for Teachers"

• Grades-Real time data about grades for students, parents, and teachers.
  • Directory-Easy to find information about students and faculty in one place.
  • Calendar-Easy to check on school events and other activities.
  • Homework assignments-I wish that you could duplicate assignments for different sections of a class. As it is now, you have to enter it separately.
  • The library feature is difficult for some teachers to manage.
  • The class website isn't as easy to use as some other programs.
Veracross is great to use for a grade book and a place to post assignments and give feedback. The calendar is informative, but not useful for scheduling appointments. Overall, it is most used for attendance tracking.
Read Nicole Glover's full review
Lynelle Ehart profile photo
November 13, 2018

User Review: "Verrrry Veracross"

• It seems to have an unlimited amount of storage.
  • There is almost nothing it won't do.
  • My biggest concern is that it is not particularly intuitive so it can be hard to remember how to do things you don't do often.
It is well suited to hold large amounts of data.

It may not be helpful if you only need something for small data mining.
Read Lynelle Ehart's full review
Michelle Kelly profile photo
May 16, 2018

User Review: "Veracross does a lot!"

• Streamlined and easy to read design
  • Simple and intuitive ways to contact entire classes and groups
  • Grade reporting is simple and automatically saves any comments I've written as I write
  • The main school calendar is synced with Veracross' home page calendar to assist in planning
  • Veracross does not allow teachers to see report cards from previous years.
  • There is no functionality to email multiple classes the same thing. I need to click on each class to send the same parent email.
  • It is difficult to find how many times a student has been absent or tardy within the trimester or year. A significant amount of digging is required.
Veracross does a great job organizing my schedule and giving me information about my students. I easily see the school calendar upon log in to see upcoming conflicts. I am able to add disciplinary reports within the same system I take attendance in, which is vital. No teacher wants to have 3 tabs open to email parents, take attendance, and write comportment forms. Veracross does not have the ability to keep report card data from previous years easily accessible for teachers. In our school's previous learning management system I had access to every report card a child has received at the school.
Read Michelle Kelly's full review

Veracross Scorecard Summary

About Veracross

Veracross is a student information system and has several modules, including Admission, Academics, Development, etc. all sharing a single database.

Veracross Technical Details