What is Verizon Connect?

Verizon offers a fleet management platform in Verizon Connect, emphasizing asset tracking and GPS, clear maps and route optimization, and fleet KPI tracking.

Caution! Stay away!

March 21, 2022

BUYER BEWARE

January 05, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Verizon Connect, and make your voice heard!

per vehicle/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.verizonconnect.com/solution…

What is Verizon Connect?

Verizon Connect helps users track vehicles in the field, improve fleet operations, increase worker productivity and encourage safer driving with Verizon Connect fleet management solutions. Users can choose from a range of customizable GPS tracking solutions that offer dashboards, reports and alerts.

It enables users to:
  • See driver and vehicle location in near real-time
  • Track driver behavior like speeding, idling and harsh driving
  • Reduce costs for vehicle maintenance and fuel consumption
  • Improve dispatch, routing and visibility

Asset Tracking
Verizon Connect includes asset tracking solutions that enables the monitoring of valuable assets, and tracks their maintenance to extend the life of assets.

Field Service Management
With Reveal Field, users can manage and dispatch jobs on a drag-and-drop calendar, provide ETA's to customers and have techs provide job status through a mobile app.

Verizon Connect Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.

The most common users of Verizon Connect are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Construction industry.

Rob Merkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have Verizon Connect on my vehicle as I like the ability to track it and always know where it is for safety purposes. There are a lot of features and services with the Connect but knowing the exact location is my #1 focus. It also gives a handful of analytics that help the company know about what the vehicle is doing besides obviously knowing where it is.
  • GPS location.
  • Routes
  • Travel/Distance Reports.
  • None
There are a lot of GPS trackers on the market, but Verizon does a great job of incorporating the knowledge and safety you would want with your vehicle/driver while showing a lot of details of what is going on and when/where, as well as keeping records and a schedule of maintenance for when the vehicles need to get things taken care of. Also, it doesn't break the bank either.
Leslieann Griffin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Verizon connect was able to track all equipment with a monitoring system directly connected to the engine. It was very good when the new ELD mandate was started in 2017. It was able to track all equipment through an online interface and made the tracking simple. The app for the drivers helped them track hours and breaks as required by DOT.
  • Online interface
  • Tracking
  • Ease of app use
  • Installation of product
  • Implementation of product
  • Training for app
The interface is great, but the required installation is too long and too involved for the average owner operator. It is great for a large company that wants a fleet wide product, but to use on a small business it is too cumbersome and requires too much training. Also setting up a time to install the product can be time consuming and bothersome. The product is excellent and the app is great, but getting to that is what takes a few points off.
Gwen Larison-Santos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We ordered the Verizon Connect for our vehicles back in April 2022. It is now July 2022 and we have not received the devices. We called and emailed the woman that set up the account and the woman that was supposed to schedule the install and neither one will respond to our emails or phone calls. When I try to call the main number they try to transfer me but they refuse to accept our calls and say they will call back later. A week or two will go by and still no call or emails from them. Worst customer service ever in my opinion!
  • Terrible customer service.
  • Communication and customer service.
Do not purchase this GPS system. I never received it. In my experience, I was not able to get in contact with the people who sold it to us and there are better systems out there for our fleet.
March 21, 2022

Caution! Stay away!

From my experience, it's best if you do not sign a contract with this company once you sign a contract you cannot get out! Within my time being with them, they double billed us for 5 months, we attempted to contact them over and over and would get the same answer "an account manager would call back within 24-48 hours". Yet no one called! The only way I got their attention was to stop paying and cancel the service, but that didn't help, as they sent me a bill for a buy-out for 2 years! I ended up paying the past due amount and I received the credit finally. But now they are telling me they may not be able to reactivate my account without signing another contract! In my experience, no one would return my phone calls. Also speaking from experience, I would call customer service and they would transfer me around and around and it would lead nowhere! In my opinion, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with, as this big corporation doesn't seem to care about any of their clients!
  • In my opinion, nothing
  • In my opinion, the customer service returning calls.
The tracking seems to be okay, but the app is not that good.
Used this service and it was amazing until it was purchased by Verizon Connect. Since then the Service has been nonexistent, GPS units stopped working over a month ago, unable to get service techs to install repair units. Basically paying for no service. All my trucks say they have been stopped for 30 days or more. Decided we could no longer deal with the lack of support and this type of service, especially at the rates we are paying, so we sent a letter to cancel the service due to lack of service on their end. They sent us a letter saying we had to pay a 7000.00 buy out! Unbelievable, units don't work but need to pay 7k to cancel the service after being with the company for over 10 years. Very classy Verizon!
  • Wish I could
  • But There is nothing I can put here
  • No service, no customer service, Horrible Company
  • Treat client better
  • Provide the service client is paying for
  • Don't hold them hostage for money when they have been with you for years and years AND you are no longer providing any service.
Horrible service so we fired them. They are claiming we owe them a 7k buyout, but they aren't providing a service at this time. All the GPS units are dead.
January 05, 2022

BUYER BEWARE

Lori Verga | TrustRadius Reviewer
[In my opinion, you should] Not use this service! We had this service for our fleet and after 3 months decided it wasn't what our company was looking for. We canceled on 9/28/2021. Since then we have continuously been billed. When we call customer service we have bounced around, given a case number only to receive yet another bill. This is vulture business practice and I am here to warn any customer that is thinking about using them.....BE VERY WARY of this shady business department!!!!
  • Doesn't cancel when you put it in writing per their business agreement
  • Doesn't take ownership of the issues at hand and billing dispute
  • Continues to bill you even after you have cancelled in writing
  • Accountability when they know you have canceled the proper way, yet seem to try and swindle more money out of their customers
  • [In my experience,] Terrible Customer service
  • [In my opinion,] Should be shut down
Nope Nope Nope...I have spoken to at least 20 representatives from this company. [...] Canceled my service 9/28/2021..not in the contract. Have received a bill every month since. Every month I speak to someone new and twice have been told I would receive a case number by email..never happened. Word for the wise..do not let them fool you with that statement. Make them give you your case number immediately and get the names of all the people you spoke with.
GPS units are on our mobile equipment.
Company was good before it was purchased by Verizon. Now, the customer service is horrible. Phone wait times are 45+ minutes.
Billings sent to company are a hit or miss. Tied to 3 year contracts. Customer service representatives either do not return emails, phone calls, or they have no information. Paper pushers with no knowledge of the product or company.
It is used by our service technician department to track vehicles for dispatching and scheduling
  • It works sometimes
  • Overpriced
  • Delayed or inaccurate tracking
  • Poor support
I would not recommend it to anyone I liked or disliked. The service has gotten terrible and they refuse to work with us.
March 13, 2020

What Could Be

Mike Hartzog | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sometimes we have phone calls from customers that need us to look at something at a location, and we'll use Verizon Connect to see where our installers are and if one is close. It works much better than trying to call all the installers to see where they are at or even worse waiting until an installer gets back and then sending them out again. Usually, this is the case when it's somewhere an hour away..." oh joe customer called and needs us to look at something in Bainbridge, Ga," "I just got back from there." Hopefully, this makes sense. We definitely don't use Verizon Connect to its full capabilities.
  • Tracking vehicle maintenance because it's easier for me to track maintenance with the software than the employees.
  • Track the installer's location. Saves time being able to route an installer to a needed job.
  • Daily Routing, we don't use this, but I sure wish we did.
  • I wouldn't say it's negative. It's just more people and change, but getting employees to use the routing function of Verizon Connect has been a challenge.
Having a customer call in needing us to go to a particular city or town, and we just had an employee near that location. Verizon Connect helps us with that.
The training could use a little extra. Mainly the GPS or Cameras get installed, and the training is a webinar or video.
Our company used Verizon Connected for their live map & asset tracking abilities along with satisfying the legal requirement for commercial vehicles to be equipped with electronic logs. We used this program mostly within the Logistics office to help with routing and customer delivery, but at times we would branch it out and use it in our Customer Service Department to communicate delivery times with customers.
  • Fleet visibility--a very user-friendly map to display trucks.
  • Reporting is management friendly. Data comes in a very usable format.
  • Fleet maintenance can be tracked within the program, which is helpful for route ROI.
  • Contractor install is very cumbersome, inconvenient, and causes downtime.
  • Tracking had lots of unexplained glitches, thousands of miles added and lost to various trucks out of nowhere.
  • Customer Service is quick to "open a case" on any issues, but lacks follow-up and solutions.
  • Lots of problems are "sent to development."
We had success using Verizon Connect for situations when customers called asking about the status of their delivery truck. We were able to find the truck, and figure from its current position a rough estimate of ETA for the customer.

We also had attempted to use it to help with IFTA mileage reporting, however, due to the inconsistency of mileage reporting, it was not able to be used. We would be charged with miles in states that were thousands of miles away that we do not have customers in, and conversely, we would not be charged with miles we have warehouses in. There was no reliability for this report, so trying to use it for government tax reporting was not acceptable.
Overall, the agents employed by Verizon Connect were wonderful to talk to, very friendly, and started to feel more like co-workers than a contractor's customer service line. There lies the biggest issue we had with the customer service, the frequency that we had to be in contact with them. We would average 12-15 calls a week to the customer service line. After spending an average of 13:47 on hold for each call, 60% of issues that were needing to be discussed would be able to be resolved and would need to be "sent to development," with no solution or update to be heard.
We have field staff that are mobile. Verizon Connect helped us to get a better handle on the areas we are and make work is moving consistently the way it should. It helps to manage some of our field staff as well. There is not a question of staff being on site.
  • Decreases fuel costs
  • Staff are on site
  • Small companies don't need a lot
I think Verizon Connect worked great for us to get a better handle on our field staff, but ultimately it was not worth it in the long run for our company to continue to utilize the service. It would be great for a company that is a little bit larger than ours.
Support staff are always available.
Verizon Connect is being used by tracking gps, services (oil change, repairs, dot inspections, etc.), and to keep us in DOT compliance. It is being used in all our three locations, to make us proactive and make sure our fleet is maintained and up-to-date on all inspections, repairs, etc. Verizon Connect helps us address our drivers on their driving habits, logs, and time.
  • GPS location of your fleet and replay back up to year
  • All reports for drivers log, inspections, services, etc.
  • Reminders and alerts for when services are due
  • Sending you the report by email--if the report is too big, I don't get the entire document. I will have to run the report on the website.
  • Sometimes the GPS isn't exactly correct, but close enough.
  • Customer service is better every time.
Verizon Connect really helps our business with the tracking and reports necessary to be compliant and up to date with our records.
The support is excellent--very detail-oriented and always helps us find our way.
Managers at each of our locations utilize the live map tracking of our vehicles with Verizon Connect. This is helpful in monitoring our vehicles and drivers as they complete the pick-up and delivery of materials. Knowing where our vehicles are at all times, and being able to update our drivers on up-to-the-moment traffic conditions, is extremely helpful in being more efficient. Our drivers also utilize the ELD functionality of Verizon Connect, staying compliant with DOT requirements.
  • Extremely reliable. We have never had an outage or inability to track our vehicles.
  • It's an easy to learn system. New drivers quickly become proficient with the ELD system, even if they've been technology-resistant in the past. New managers can easily learn the operation of the admin end of the system.
  • The Verizon Connect ELD app for drivers occasionally needs updating, and I have needed to individually talk drivers through the process of how to update the app manually. Adding functionality to automate the app updating would be helpful. Note: we have opted to use restricted accounts on our Android-based tablets to minimize the risk of drivers changing important settings. This may be what has prevented the apps from automatically updating, but I am not certain of this.
Verizon Connect is an excellent solution for companies that have a number of vehicles to track and DOT drivers that require ELDs to operate CDL vehicles. Our company has approximately 50 vehicles, and this system is extremely helpful for us. I imagine that the full suite of products may be more than what is needed for a very small operation (1-2 vehicles). If reliability, dependability, consistency, and lack of any downtime are important to your company, Verizon Connect is a great solution.
Verizon Connect has great customer service. Our account manager has always replied quickly to any inquiries of mine and has been very knowledgeable and reliable. Drivers who've occasionally needed to call into the customer service helpline have quickly had their questions answered and problems resolved. All reports I've received from them about their experiences have been positive, stating that the Verizon Connect employees have been courteous and helpful, resolving their issue quickly and efficiently.
February 20, 2020

Great value!

Courtney Van Delden | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have units in all our vehicles -- 11 total. Some are construction vehicles, some are service vehicles. We are able to track employees' trips and account for any stops/breaks, monitor speed, etc.
  • Real-time tracking.
  • Mobile app.
  • Reports are a little confusing.
  • Alerts are a little delayed.
It suits a service business very well, and keeps employees accountable for their trips during the day.
I have not had to use support (which is a good thing!)
We currently use Verizon Connect for very limited purposes. Our primary use is monitoring temperatures inside food delivery vehicles. This allows us to accurately track food product temperatures through production, storage, transport, storage, and dispense. Without this we would be lacking important compliance information, but more importantly, we would have a significant blind spot in food safety.
  • Transit temperature monitoring - Verizon Connect allows us to fill in previously missing temperature information for food products in transit.
  • Vehicle location monitoring - While not our primary goal, we are able to use Verizon Connect to see if any of our vehicles has stopped for an excessive amount of time. This helps us ensure safety of our vehicle drivers.
  • Web Interface - For some time, the web interface of Verizon Connect has failed to load.
  • Ownership change - We started using Telogis a couple years ago, soon after it became Verizon Connect. It makes sense a carrier would want to leverage this type of service since it requires data plans, but it has caused the product we contractually purchased to change after we signed.
Verizon Connect does provide the service we want, which is monitoring temperatures of food products in delivery vehicles. Temperature tracking in our facilities is easy since we have stationary networks and coolers, but moving vehicles provides a different challenge. Since we started using Telogis (before it became Verizon Connect), we have been able to keep track of these temperatures.
Aside from this, Verizon Connect feels like many other bloated poorly designed business services. It does what it says, but design gets in the way of usability and the whole thing feels like it's built to sell you higher levels of service.