Reviews (1-6 of 6)
Checking retention on a daily basis, review revenues analysis and take decision based on it.
Flurry analytics is one of the most accurate systems that I have worked with and provides me with the option to easily dig into reports and analyze anything I have in mind and track using events.
- Flurry analytics is the only platform that gives rolling retention as a base. A new and great way to review apps' retention which is not based on actual day after install but an overall days of use.
- Flurry analytics have very thorough revenue analysis options which lets me dig into all the data I need.
- There is no option to choose a timezone which will allow me to compare their data over other systems in other time zones.
- Could be nice to have more reporting screening options.
Flurry analytics is completely free for use to anyone who wants it!
Less suited for non mobile apps products and also not suited at all for deep game economy analysis if you are interested in balancing games economies.
- Flurry Analytics as applied to iOS apps allows the app owner to track usage of the app.
- Incorporating Flurry Analytics into an iOS app is extremely easy - register your app, download the SDK and incorporate the header and library into your project, and make standard method calls.
- Flurry's documentation is very well written and provides several examples of the use of the different method calls in code.
- Examples of analytics that can be tracked are number of times a user brought up a specific view; number of times a user tapped a button; time spent in a given view or in a specific activity within the app.
- From a programming perspective, there really aren't any improvements that I can think of.
- From the app owner perspective, limits on certain demographics can seem like a hindrance to data collection, but these restrictions are typically imposed by Apple, not by Flurry.
- Setting up customized dashboards and notifications is easy
- Support for offline analytics - key use case for our tablet app
- Some of the mobile analytics packages I explored did not have multi-platform support. Flurry offers great support for both android and iOS
- Some of the metrics could be inaccurate ( our app has links to other apps, when a user tapped on these links, they were not accurately tracked. Note - could have been a bug, and, and might have been fixed in latest sdk)
- Exporting data to excel - needs better support
- Unsure if I agree with how session timeouts / new sessions are tracked
Research how active the live customer support organization is
Look for a good balance of both user acquisition and engagement metrics
- Flurry can track in-depth metrics across your app. This allows us to see every type of interaction our app users are performing.
- The biggest problem that we have with Flurry is the flexibility to look at multiple app metrics simultaneously- as in a roll-up type report. We have 100+ apps; iOS and Android, phone and tablet, that are all broken out individually. We frequently would like to look at our apps as a whole, or the same app across all platforms, or all of out iOS apps, etc. Currently, we have to pull individual reports and aggregate them by hand ourselves.
- Perhaps it might be the 100+ apps that we have tracking in Flurry, but Flurry can run slowly at times.
Flurry Analytics excels at high level tracking, but sometimes hard to turn information into something actionable
- Gives basic tracking capabilities which can help optimize first time experience.
- Lots of high level metrics easily available.
- Benchmarks for many metrics so you can compare yourself within the industry.
- Many metrics are inaccurate (i.e. in app purchasing overestimated by 1000s of units when compared to iTunes and AppFigures).
- Complicated definition of retention. I had to do some detective work to figure out what I was even looking at.
Flurry, from Verizon Media Scorecard Summary
About Flurry, from Verizon Media
Flurry Analytics, now from Verizon Media (formerly Yahoo) is a mobile app analytics provider, boasting over 1 million active apps on the platform -- from start-ups to the Fortune 500. They present their solution as comprehensive, completely free, takes five minutes to integrate, and features an easy-to-use dashboard that anyone in the company can use.
Flurry provides insights out-of-the-box including real-time metrics. Users explore usage, engagement, retention, geographic, demographic, audience and technographic metrics. For insights, Flurry allows apps to track 500 events with unlimited parameters.
For advanced users, Flurry includes custom querying for fast, on-demand data exploration, segmentation, user paths and funnel analysis. The Flurry platform also includes robust Crash Reporting, Push Notification management and Remote Configuration.
Flurry, from Verizon Media Competitors
Flurry, from Verizon Media Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Flurry is completely free with no hidden fees. Flurry also offers support for integration, set-up and analysis.
Flurry, from Verizon Media Support Options
Flurry, from Verizon Media Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|