October 18, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
I used Vero to create trigger-based and behavior-based marketing automation campaigns for an online lead-generation website. This is a small start up business so Vero is used organization-wide and was the sole marketing automation software used for this business. Vero campaigns allowed us to better educate our visitors on the services offered and benefits of the platform.
- Email template editor allowed our developers to design emails to looks like beautiful marketing emails or basic personal emails.
- The Vero API allowed our developers to connect triggers and events from our visitors to kick start campaigns.
- Campaign flows were fairly easy to create and define.
- Naming conventions. Some items, once given a name, could not have the name changed.
- User-friendliness of interface for non-developers. Vero is certainly built with the developer in mind and a marketer/user cannot do much before a developer configures everything.
- Absolutely terrible if you are hoping to use Vero as a CRM. To its credit, it does not claim to be a CRM.
Read James McQuillin's full review
Vero is well suited for basic email marketing if you have a great developer or development team on your staff. You can expect basic tracking like opens and clicks, but do not expect additional tracking or reports outside of this. Vero truly is a basic marketing automation software hence its price reasonableness in comparison to competitors.