Reviews (1-10 of 10)
September 27, 2019
Score 2 out of 10
Viber was used by one team to communicate with each other, to keep up to date with tasks, and be updated with everything. It was selected as it has a mobile client as well as a desktop one. Even though it has a lot of disadvantages, it is widely used by people in our country.
- Widely used among different people.
- Has a lot of different features.
- Shows who has read the message.
- Saves all the media to the gallery by default and when you delete it from the phone, it is unavailable later in the app.
- When you delete the app and install it again, all the history is deleted.
- Has a lot of useless features.
Read this authenticated review
Viber is okay if you don't have any other option and if everyone is using it and they don't want to use something else. It is not appropriate for serious tasks - it is childish, not secure, and not unreliable. It is not user-friendly.
November 29, 2018
Usually Viber is used for personal communication. We use Viber within the team in addition to Slack, because Viber is attached to the phone number of each team member is gives the ability to quickly communicate especially after working hours. It is also good for communicating with outside team members, and with other stakeholders or clients. Once you know someone's phone number, you will get that person's Viber account. A lot of people have Viber, especially outside USA (in Europe), which makes reaching these people easier.
- Viber is a cross platform product. It does not matter if someone uses Android or iOS device, it will work exactly the same.
- Also the desktop version is very good. You can switch between the desktop and mobile versions within a conversation and see updates right away.
- It's a very international product. It has been available for very long time, which makes it very wide spread - it has a good user base.
- You can see the status of your messages.
- Viber updates could allow updating images as well.
- Message status: the previous versions of Viber had small text saying "sent", "delivered", "seen" (or something similar). It was more clear than the "checked" icons, which are used now. I would love if Viber would allow choice of one of these forms in the settings.
- Search for text inside conversation would be great feature.
Read Filip Witkowski's full review
It's perfect for messaging and group messaging, especially when users in group are from different places, organizations... (unlike Slack where you have to be member of same organization to be in same group). The video calls are the weak point of the app, so Viber is not good for conference calls, video calls and especially for group video conference calls.
January 20, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
I am a professional freelance photographer and I use Viber for two main purposes: 1) for communication when I am traveling out of the US, and 2) to communicate with my clients when we are in different countries. I travel often for work and when I do, Viber is a necessary means of communication via talk and text.
- With Viber, I can easily places free calls over wifi to talk with clients who also use Viber and are either in another country, or, when I am outside of the US. As a wedding photographer, I travel a great deal, so this is important.
- Viber call quality is excellent and has improved greatly over the years. I no longer need to worry about calls dropping or low clarity.
- It is not necessary to be "registered" in Viber with a username or password; you simply use it with your phone number.
- Viber supports group messages, which I don't typically use with clients, but I love to use it with family and friends.
- As far as I can tell, Viber lacks the feature to block specific callers/numbers. I've never needed to do this, but I'd like to know I have the option.
- Viber cannot be used without wifi, so it is not possible to connect with contacts who aren't also using Viber. (Unless you want to use the paid service.)
- This isn't a major complaint, but I find the layout of Viber to be a little cluttered. Comparing it to WhatsApp, I don't find it to be quite as user-friendly, and I sometimes stumble around to find my way to a contact to call.
Read Liz Wade's full review
Viber is a perfect means of communication if you are within wifi and want to call, video call, or text someone outside the country (or if you are outside the country yourself), for free. As someone with international clients, friends, and family, I use this feature daily. However, the person you are calling/texting must also be a Viber user. If you are wanting to call a landline, you'll need to use Viber's paid service, or look for an alternative option.
Viber is a great solution for audio and video calling. The user interface is very simple and user-friendly. I have used Viber for many years and while using my mobile internet Viber doesn't spend a large amount of data. That is why for voice callingViberr is my first choice. The second reason is that while using my mobile internet I can't make WhatsApp call. My operator doesn't allow this. But with Viber, I didn't come across with this problem.
- Audio calling
- Group chatting
- Discover feature
- Sticker gallery
- Video calling quality
- New user notification. When I register in Viber I don't want others to see I just opened Viber
- Viber out-calls require internet connection
- Can't find and disable read receipts feature
Read Rashad Farzalizade's full review
I use Viber mostly for audio calling and texting. Audio calling quality is really better than similar software. Another advantage of Viber is absolutely stickers. There are some feelings that I can't express in words but sometimes one Viber sticker is worth a thousand words. I have some concerns about the video calling quality. While making a video call it often switches to audio calling and it is disturbing.
January 04, 2019
It is used as a communication and collaboration platform by the entire organization as we found this to be an easy to use and fairly comprehensive platform while at the same time can be secured for the organization's users for messaging, voice, audio chatting purposes. The tool is widely adopted in the organization.
- Ability to message/call via both audio and video across the globe when the other user is also on Viber.
- Great clarity of both audio and video calls.
- Not a very widely adopted tool and hence can be limited in usage.
- Too many emojis at times is a real distraction.
Read Shiv Shivakumar's full review
The main purpose of using this tool is to communicate within the organization using messaging/audio calls and video calls all within a single platform - especially beneficial in an international organization like mine where a few bucks can be saved on international calls (both audio and video). The biggest drawback that we found was the initial adoption of this tool since this is not the most popular messaging tool out there that one uses for both business and personal purposes and hence need to sell this tool internally to users.
January 09, 2019
Viber solves the issue of connectivity especially calling foreign counterparts at a lower charge. While using the Viber App one can call any foreign number thus reducing your phone charges. It also helps to contact your teams when traveling abroad. The biggest advantage that Viber has is their price for international calls. If you call a local phone in Morocco or Tajikistan or countries where internet connectivity isn't always ideal, the cents per minute spent is ideal. Basically, for 5 dollars you can have a 45min -1hr talk. It only adds up 10 fold if it's a mobile number. Other than that it's a VoIP app, so no need to pay for the rest of Viber calls.
Read this authenticated review
Well suited: You would like to call a foreign counterpart's number without spending a fortune.
Not well suited: local calls.
Not well suited: local calls.
February 01, 2018
Since we are a small company working on different projects, we use Slack and Skype for project communication. However viber is being used for all the "soft" things that involve communication, but is not (directly) related to the projects we are working on. This is the place where people share interesting content, gossip about clients that made them angry or just call each other to have a cup of coffee or a short break. So it contributes to better personal relations and team communication.
- Using stickers and gifs can upgrade a simple communication to a fun and involving one.
- The calls are high quality, every option is working perfectly.
- Group communication works well.
- The quoting option is missing.
- Photo saving is an overkill. I don't prefer all images that appear in the conversations to be saved on my devices. There should be an option of saving / downloading images, but that should be a choice for individual images, not an involuntary action.
- It would be useful to also like a person's comment on a 1-1 conversation
Read Agnes Asodi's full review
It can be used for quick communication between coworkers. Ideally, each project that we are working on has its own viber group and all project-based communication will happen in the appropriate group. The groups are adjustable, you can rename them, so it makes it super easy to find, even if it took place a long time ago. If you remember the name of the group, you will be able to retrieve your communication.
May 13, 2018
I use Viber to make phone calls to the US while traveling outside of the country. I often find it difficult to connect with toll free numbers calling over WiFi and Viber addresses that issue well for me. As a digital nomad business consultant it’s important that I keep communication costs low so this helps me avoid paying high international calling rates.
- Clean interface is very easy to use.
- Clear connection with not much delay.
- Inexpensive unlimited plan to call landlines internationally (Viber Out).
- I don’t really see the value in the stickers.
- Should better explain dialling errors and how to correct.
- Needs to provide a list of dial out numbers.
Read Rich Ferris's full review
When you need to call land lines or 800 numbers while outside of the US.
June 20, 2017
Viber is used in my organization widely. Each department creates a viber group and every member of the department can exchange information and communicate much faster than before. Viber resolves the communication issue that arose before. There are too many people that need to have access to information (for example - meeting details, design preview, marketing material preview) and a text message just could not do enough when you have to text each of the members in a department. Also, there is a limitation in term of photos. In addition, Viber is well-known internationally so it is very much likely that our customers and partners do use it as well. If that is the case, the communication barrier is further erased and effective communication is easily established to prevent unwanted issues.
- Communication on the go: most mobile operating systems (iOS/Android) do offer the Viber app so you can access the conversation with your teammate anytime, anywhere.
- Ease of use: there is not much technical knowledge required to use Viber, you just have to download and install it, either it is on a smartphone or on a computer. The interface is easy to learn and you can use all of the features within a few minutes.
- Ability to call a normal mobile number: Viber allows you to top up your account and use that account to call a real mobile number, anywhere in the world. This further enhances the ability to connect, especially to the ones who are on a lot of business trips.
- Syncing between mobile app & desktop app is not so great. If you set up Viber on the new computer, it is very likely that you will lose the previous conversation on the mobile app.
- There is no way to organize the photos sent through the app. This is very inconvenient because you cannot search for the things you sent (for example: searching for a previous marketing material layout that was sent last month to the marketing group). On viber, this is nearly impossible and cost lots of time to look for the thing you have sent earlier.
- Contacts cannot be added through the desktop app which creates inconvenience for the user. For example: If you want to add a business partner contact and you are using the desktop app, you cannot. You have to turn on your phone and do it through your phone.
Read Tony Phan's full review
Viber is well suited for managing communication across the department. For example: if a manager wants to get the message out to the team, or any instruction to the team. Instead of a lengthy formal email or having to message each of the individuals in the team, he or she can just send a message on the viber group that is created for the team members only. The communication process is much faster and therefore, actions are taken promptly without delay.
March 29, 2017
I'd say Viber is most frequently used for the internal communications between employees. It has become such a handy application that it is meant to be found in anyone's phone nowadays, therefore, once there is a talk about the mobile means of the communication, it basically goes to Viber. Therefore, apart from the internal communications, sometimes it was even used for communicating with the clients as well.
- Fast - It is really fast, does not load the system
- Extremely easy to use. All of the buttons/functions is straight to the point, to an exact purpose.
- Reliable - it is really reliable. I can't remember a time when it caused any connectivity issues or was unavailable.
- I would say, there is not much to say about improving the Viber, however, what I'd want to see is the support of the "Active Users" list with the application. Currently, it supports only the user list of those who use Viber, which is a bit not convenient. You have to check them separately to see if they are online.
Read this authenticated review
Viber can be well suited for any personal or job communications, however, not so formal ones. I mean, you can use it for relatively formal communications, however, for instance, you cannot invite the applicant to the interview to be carried out through the Viber. In other, most cases, Viber is handy and reliable mean of the communications.
Viber Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Viber is a free instant messaging and VoIP software solution designed for personal use and available for both desktops and as a mobile app. It includes features such as video and audio calls, instant message, and unlimited-member group chats. Users can also make paid international calls.
Viber Technical Details