Reviews (1-11 of 11)
- Easy to form groups and manage communication.
- Easy to add participants in the group.
- One needs to sign up and download this app. Some people may find it frustrating due to the number of other apps already available.
- You need to look at another place to monitor messages.
- Widely used among different people.
- Has a lot of different features.
- Shows who has read the message.
- Saves all the media to the gallery by default and when you delete it from the phone, it is unavailable later in the app.
- When you delete the app and install it again, all the history is deleted.
- Has a lot of useless features.
- With Viber, I can easily places free calls over wifi to talk with clients who also use Viber and are either in another country, or, when I am outside of the US. As a wedding photographer, I travel a great deal, so this is important.
- Viber call quality is excellent and has improved greatly over the years. I no longer need to worry about calls dropping or low clarity.
- It is not necessary to be "registered" in Viber with a username or password; you simply use it with your phone number.
- Viber supports group messages, which I don't typically use with clients, but I love to use it with family and friends.
- As far as I can tell, Viber lacks the feature to block specific callers/numbers. I've never needed to do this, but I'd like to know I have the option.
- Viber cannot be used without wifi, so it is not possible to connect with contacts who aren't also using Viber. (Unless you want to use the paid service.)
- This isn't a major complaint, but I find the layout of Viber to be a little cluttered. Comparing it to WhatsApp, I don't find it to be quite as user-friendly, and I sometimes stumble around to find my way to a contact to call.
- Viber is a cross platform product. It does not matter if someone uses Android or iOS device, it will work exactly the same.
- Also the desktop version is very good. You can switch between the desktop and mobile versions within a conversation and see updates right away.
- It's a very international product. It has been available for very long time, which makes it very wide spread - it has a good user base.
- You can see the status of your messages.
- Viber updates could allow updating images as well.
- Message status: the previous versions of Viber had small text saying "sent", "delivered", "seen" (or something similar). It was more clear than the "checked" icons, which are used now. I would love if Viber would allow choice of one of these forms in the settings.
- Search for text inside conversation would be great feature.
- Audio calling
- Group chatting
- Discover feature
- Sticker gallery
- Video calling quality
- New user notification. When I register in Viber I don't want others to see I just opened Viber
- Viber out-calls require internet connection
- Can't find and disable read receipts feature
- Ability to message/call via both audio and video across the globe when the other user is also on Viber.
- Great clarity of both audio and video calls.
- Not a very widely adopted tool and hence can be limited in usage.
- Too many emojis at times is a real distraction.
Not well suited: local calls.
- Using stickers and gifs can upgrade a simple communication to a fun and involving one.
- The calls are high quality, every option is working perfectly.
- Group communication works well.
- The quoting option is missing.
- Photo saving is an overkill. I don't prefer all images that appear in the conversations to be saved on my devices. There should be an option of saving / downloading images, but that should be a choice for individual images, not an involuntary action.
- It would be useful to also like a person's comment on a 1-1 conversation
- Clean interface is very easy to use.
- Clear connection with not much delay.
- Inexpensive unlimited plan to call landlines internationally (Viber Out).
- I don’t really see the value in the stickers.
- Should better explain dialling errors and how to correct.
- Needs to provide a list of dial out numbers.
- Communication on the go: most mobile operating systems (iOS/Android) do offer the Viber app so you can access the conversation with your teammate anytime, anywhere.
- Ease of use: there is not much technical knowledge required to use Viber, you just have to download and install it, either it is on a smartphone or on a computer. The interface is easy to learn and you can use all of the features within a few minutes.
- Ability to call a normal mobile number: Viber allows you to top up your account and use that account to call a real mobile number, anywhere in the world. This further enhances the ability to connect, especially to the ones who are on a lot of business trips.
- Syncing between mobile app & desktop app is not so great. If you set up Viber on the new computer, it is very likely that you will lose the previous conversation on the mobile app.
- There is no way to organize the photos sent through the app. This is very inconvenient because you cannot search for the things you sent (for example: searching for a previous marketing material layout that was sent last month to the marketing group). On viber, this is nearly impossible and cost lots of time to look for the thing you have sent earlier.
- Contacts cannot be added through the desktop app which creates inconvenience for the user. For example: If you want to add a business partner contact and you are using the desktop app, you cannot. You have to turn on your phone and do it through your phone.
- Fast - It is really fast, does not load the system
- Extremely easy to use. All of the buttons/functions is straight to the point, to an exact purpose.
- Reliable - it is really reliable. I can't remember a time when it caused any connectivity issues or was unavailable.
- I would say, there is not much to say about improving the Viber, however, what I'd want to see is the support of the "Active Users" list with the application. Currently, it supports only the user list of those who use Viber, which is a bit not convenient. You have to check them separately to see if they are online.
Viber Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Viber is a free instant messaging and VoIP software solution designed for personal use and available for both desktops and as a mobile app. It includes features such as video and audio calls, instant message, and unlimited-member group chats. Users can also make paid international calls.
- Users can send texts, photos, videos, and other types of media.
- Ability to switch from calls to video chats (and vice versa).
- Users can create “communities” or specialized team chats with unlimited members.
- Recording capabilities for short voice or video messages.
- Accounts can be synced via the mobile app with the desktop version of Viber.
Viber Technical Details