VictorOps Reviews

Gabriel Samaroo | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2020

VictorOps - Great Alerting Tool For Any Software Platform

We use VictorOps as alternative to something like PagerDuty, basically to alert the "engineer on-call" of any issues that may occur throughout our platform. We run a weekly engineering on-call rotation and have alerts set up to detect problems or potential issues and have someone to address them as soon as possible.
  • Good text and call alerting.
  • Allows setting up on-call schedules for months at a time.
  • The UI is a little clunky.
  • It's a little tricky to override or shift schedules (i.e., for a particular day in a one-week rotation).
VictorOps is an excellent option for platform alerting and is very cost-effective. For teams of any size, it can be the correct tool. VictorOps success is mainly dependent on the amount of logging and monitoring setup within your platform. If you have little or poor logging, then they may not be anything for VictorOps to act upon.
Read Gabriel Samaroo's full review
Adam O'Connor | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Full-featured alerting platform that's priced well and reliable

We use VictorOps as our tool for managing our on-call services. We have a system where everyone in Engineering shares a rotational role to be on call for our infrastructure uptime. We have used other tools but VictorOps works well for us so we've been a customer for a couple of years now.
  • Team tools that can be dedicated to various areas of focus.
  • Overriding tools to help cover those who are out.
  • The UI is fine but is a bit bland.
I would recommend VictorOps because it offers the majority of tooling that other paging services offer. However, it's more affordable than some others and has a nice pricing model. Although the UI is not as clean or intuitive as some others we've tried, it works well and is satisfactory. Keep in mind, UI/UX can be subjective so I critique this cautiously knowing that to me it's not perfect but to someone else, it may be stellar. Overall though the service is great and has not let us down so I would definitely recommend it to my colleagues. Also - forgot to mention it integrates well with other services.
Read Adam O'Connor's full review
Zachary Zager, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2018

VictorOps - Amazing, easy on-call solution

I have used VictorOps for many years as my alerting system to let me know when systems are having any issues. It is being used for all external services and servers. It allows us to instantly know the status of our systems and let's us know when we need to address issues.
  • Easy Setup
  • Great plug-in for many monitoring services
  • Reliable
  • None
VictorOps alerting is great for any company that wants to have an outsourced alerting system without having to manage it all internally. It has been, honestly, 100% reliable for me and gives me instant alerting whenever an issue comes up with my systems. It makes online alerting and rotation a breeze.
Read Zachary Zager, MBA's full review

About VictorOps

VictorOps is an IT alerting and incident management platform acquired by Splunk in 2018.