Viewpoint Spectrum is used to record and report the financial activities of several companies. Functionalities used are by us are:
Jobsite reports (23)
Job costing (27)
Document sharing (24)
Collaboration & approvals (22)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Viewpoint Spectrum, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- [In my opinion,] it takes at LEAST twice as long to do our jobs now.
- [I feel like] we are paranoid about something not being printed correctly because of [what I believe are] buggy text fields.
- [In my experience,] we still have to refer to a physical file cabinet with paper, even though a main point of switching was to go paperless.
- [In our experience,] screens can now be "locked", so we can't see something if our coworker is also looking at it.
- [I believe that] the financial hit our company took from this switch was astronomical. [In my opinion:] Beware!
- When used properly by trained personnel, it is a great tool for catching issues midstream to prevent larger issues or to allow corrections.
- Double Entry - We spend less time double entering wit the use of PTE and Work Order module.
- Service Tech is a major heartburn area for us as we'd really like to get more efficient in the field with work order and time but the app just isn't there yet and the browser version is a toss up on any given day as to what will happen when trying to enter stuff.
- Allows us to have one system for all accounting functions
- No 3rd-party tax services required
- We do not use Viewpoint Spectrum for estimating or project tracking. There has not been any incentive to do so. The results achieved using the methods already in place are at a level that it was deemed unnecessary to invest the time and money required to change.
- We do not use the Human Resources module. It is not necessary for only around 45 permanent employees. The functionality of just the payroll module covers the data we want to capture electronically. The other 400 - 500 employees we have each year are non-permanent union workers that come and go and are also sufficiently recorded and tracked with the payroll module.
- It's a one stop shop that is fully integrated.
- Invoice approval very efficient.
- Allows management to review cost and revenue at multiple levels of information. You can build your own reports via Crystal Reports.
- Viewpoint Spectrum has allowed us the opportunity to be proactive in analyzing the costs for a project in time to make a difference in the outcome of the project. It has allowed us defense in supporting our communications with the project owners.
- Viewpoint Spectrum has allowed us to become more productive with its accounting software and the cohesion between the modules. It has definitely streamlined the processing necessary to account for the business.
- We are still working the processes so at this point I have no comment yet on ROI.
- I don't have exact figures, but we've seen many processes streamlined and more accurate. Based on that, I can see significantly less time required to handle things.
- Excellent return on investment.
- It has played a big part in turning us into a profit focused machine.
- Reports readily available.
- The level of detail is vast.
- Document imaging has saved us a ton of paper and a ton of space. Not to mention time away from your desk that we'd otherwise have to get up and go search for.
- Having access to everything in one software package - accounting, payroll, human resources.
- Accounting is like a map--have to know where you are before taking off in the wrong direction.
- Our estimating system is outdated, and we need a system that meshes with Viewpoint Spectrum.
- Positive, because of the accuracy that it produces as to our financial position.
- Improved cost reporting and budget management
- Presently developing custom Projected Cost Analysis reporting
- Positive: It does have a lot of components that can help you move away from doing many items in spreadsheets that may not get shared or stored correctly. If the data is entered you can have quite a bit of information on hand.
- Negative: Many of the reports are not quite where they need to be, so you do need to have someone that knows Crystal Reports to get what you may need specifically to your company, as many reports just don't get everything you need, so there is cost involved with that.
- This is the only product we have used since opening the company.
- I'm not sure of the numbers but it has been fairly successful.
- By having one platform to run three different entities, it is so much easier to be able to review each company because we process the information in the same way for each one. This saves time because job cost reports can be reviewed at a glance without having to compare and contrast between different report types.
- It has definitely given us a return on our investment.
- Viewpoint Spectrum has been able to provide Ownership with more timely financial information then what was being done prior.
- With some additional implementation, the use of the Job Cost and Project Management modules will cut down on some administrative work time.
- It has definitely sped up the amount of time it was taking employees to get data out of the system. So, that alone has a great ROI for us.
- Another positive impact it has had on us is the fact it has sped up our month end process, we are closing our months a lot faster and with more accurate data.
- I have not had any experience with other construction accounting software but I would be hesitant to try anything else just for it's reporting capabilities alone.
- Positive impact overall.