Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Video quality / Bandwidth controls (34)7.070%
- Video access controls (35)6.969%
- Embedded videos (35)6.565%
- Mobile compatibility (35)6.565%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Vimeo, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $12 per month
Vimeo provides tools for creators to host, share and sell videos, as well as video solutions to businesses for their internal communications and marketing needs.
Live video: High-quality streaming with features like polls, Q&A, and audience chat to keep viewers engaged wherever they are.
Branded private portal: Centralize organizations’ live and on-demand videos with Showcase, a secure viewing destination for mobile and desktop.
Enterprise-level security and privacy: Easily control who sees which videos with single sign-on (SSO), role-based access and more.
Advanced analytics: Track audience engagement with location analytics, engagement graphs, and user-level stats.
Dedicated support and services: Onboarding services and dedicated account management, plus access to Vimeo’s live production services and training.
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Very negative impact due to failure to deliver the live streaming promise.
- In my experience, the delivery date was delayed by 3 months.
- I believe they had poor communication.
- It is my personal belief that they hide sensitive information from us and lead us to go in the opposite direction with their services.
- Our video pitches shared via Vimeo have led to 14 competition progressions out of 20; compared to 6 from the prior 22.
- Our commercial department relies on Vimeo's collaboration tools to ensure client satisfaction during content development and this has driven up our video clients portfolio by double the size since we switched and clients no longer had to struggle to provide feedback.
- We were able to drive more traffic to our knowledge base by adding videos into articles. This promoted self-service for our customers and freed up time for our training and support teams.
- Simple sharing of videos (time-saving)
- Increased administration and frustration (Pro support is only supplied to the owner of the team, not the team members)
- The analytics are sub-par, and have left us in the dark when it comes to learning from statistics.
- It got our events rolling
- Managing user experience was difficult, time-consuming and frustrating
- We are very happy to have moved on
- Lost customers due to poor quality streaming.
- Embed options allow us to drive customers to our site.
- Their email customer support can have a bad effect on your customer support (especially if you have users waiting to see a video their platform won't properly display).
- The live webinars helped us generate more subscriptions.
- General membership engagement has increased significantly. We are accustomed to 20-35% of users viewing content and that has increased to about 40-60% within the past 5 months.
- We have found that linking a Vimeo video where the video can be viewed in-app or on the website is when we see most views, rather than redirecting users to the Vimeo account.
- Vimeo has been great for us as we can quickly and easily share films with our clients with just a few clicks! It's all positive for us!
- Positive - Our use of Vimeo to deliver video content to clients has garnered compliments, theoretically improving brand image in the eyes of clients.
- Positive - Vimeo's excellent user interface has allowed stellar organization of videos without much fuss.
- Negative - Vimeo has cost more than some of its competitors for a similar featureset.
- Vimeo has had a great positive ROI for us! Our clients love being able to easily share their videos with friends and family via a simple URL.
- It has made course creation much easier and smoother
- Easy to access videos across an entire team.
- It helps to turn leads into clients!
- If Vimeo goes down, it affects all our videos (though this has only happened 1x or 2x times in the 10 years I've been using it).
- Vimeo has saved us time and money in hosting, uploading, and offered the best tools for client review of our videos.
- It is expensive over time with monthly charges, but the ROI is positive because of time saved.
- Vimeo hosted video embeds have boosted overall onsite page views 10% to our corporate website
- Vimeo hosted videos have increased internal content consumption 20%
- Easy to communicate internal videos w/o email.
- High-quality videos for product presentations.
- Easy to manage a large number of videos.
- Our clients are happy with the quality of the videos we upload – which makes us look good and keeps them coming back for repeat business.
- Vimeo Pro is very affordable – $20+/month. We don't really even have to account for it in our budget.
- It helps us with video storage – if we lose something on our internal drive, we can rely on the cloud service with Vimeo.
- We have been receiving positive feedback on video streaming after we started using Vimeo.
- We have to ensure the video links are shared on the social media platforms to get necessary exposure.
- People are more engaged when there's an embedded video in our posts.
- Vimeo allows us to not self-host thousands of videos. The storage costs alone have been worth the subscription costs.
- Vimeo provides the bandwidth to stream to thousands of viewers at no additional cost.
- It allows clients to serve a massive amount of video content within an LMS without eating up disk space or sacrificing bandwidth.
- The overall cost is very low compared to other tools and there is no 'pay per view' style unstable pricing.
- The tool has allowed students in other countries to access content faster.
- NEGATIVE - the upload limits per week, especially on the basic/pro accounts are too restrictive.
- Provided our core functionality -- allowing us to operate our business.
- Improved our on-boarding process and success rate.
- Generally favorable ROI due to the ability to store and share our entire database of videos, which is invaluable to our Sales and Marketing teams.
- Unable to fully leverage the lead gen features since it's not available on the Pro version. We do a lot of online lead gen, and this would be a great feature to provide to Pro users.
- Vimeo pro has really helped me build my reputation among clients. Being able to capture work-in-progress meetings, video dailies, and rough life and cut presentations on the same day that we make them has been very impressive and very productive.
- My corporate clients appreciate the security of having passwords for each of their videos assigned. It gives them comfort and convenience to be able to share things securely.