Reviews (1-5 of 5)
Currently, it is being used by both HR and accounting. For HR, it is the primary means to track workforce key performance metrics (headcount, hires, terminations, hiring process efficiencies, compensation, and key personnel expense trends over time). Accounting's use is primarily related to variable personnel expense analysis. Business issues addressed have included identifying high turnover roles and locations, as well as the impact of interventions to improve retention. Another has been to enable the organization to better understand how management decisions affect variable personnel costs.
In my prior role, we used Visier as both an enterprise analytics solution (with access for HR, Accounting, and Operations) as well as to automate and support enterprise workforce planning. Business issues were the same as above. Most significant opportunity Visier enabled? Providing HR with real-time insights to help the business optimize their investments in people.
- Allows organizations to easily access, aggregate, and analyze disparate information. HR data often resides in multiple systems. Visier's service model & technology enables their clients to more easily gain access to this data, aggregate it efficiently, and analyze it effectively.
- Visier provides the means for HR organizations to bypass the reporting "bottlenecks" common in most organizations and "democratize" the data for anyone who has need to have access.
- Visier provides a truly superior visualization tool for data exploration and analysis. Their workforce analytics solution provides users with a variety of different ways to visualize data as well as allowing customization in configuration to parse data in highly detailed ways not common with most analytics solutions of its type.
- Visier's service model - with clients paying an annual fee for service based on headcount - ensures that organizations face what they experience with many vendors, the dreaded, "We can do that (make a necessary change or modification), but it will cost you an additional $_____". Because of this, as organizations increase in their level of analytics sophistication, they have assurance that they will be able to adapt Visier's solution to meet new use cases without incurring additional incremental costs.
- Visier's customer support team is truly exceptional. In both organizations where I led analytics, they were our "shadow partner" - virtual members of our team who worked closely with us, crafting innovative solutions to unique data or analysis issues.
- I don't know what it would be - except to give their services away! I've been a customer twice because I'm very satisfied with their solution.
Less appropriate: Their capabilities - as a predictive or inferential solution - are relatively new. For organizations seeking to leverage predictive analytics with data other than "conventional" workforce analytics data, I would not look to use Visier. However, this is not a "fault", but rather it's not an area where - historically - they have focused.
- Trends data very well, super easy to load new data and any corrections at any point in time.
- Creation of custom metrics. The team is amazing at creating new metrics that we want to track ....converting from a very manual process to a more efficient process.
- Amazing customer service. Very helpful in our re-on-boarding process of our data.
- The main thing we would love to see is the ability to extract history for the data. So, if I wanted to see all the jobs a group of people have been in, I could download the history of those employees for that specific field.
- Control the fields that come through in the extract.
- More control and double aggregation when it comes to graphs.
- Intuitive array of visualizations.
- Pre-defined and industry-standard workforce metrics.
- Internal and external benchmark capability
- Incredibly supportive on-boarding, project management and technical support.
- Well defined and customer-informed product enhancement roadmap
- Ability to customize output.
- Lack of a spell-checker in-bedded in the application.
- Voice of the customer: Visier takes customer's feedback into account and actively encourages co-development.
- Onboarding support: from day 1 until today we have regular exchange possibilities with specific contact partners at Visier.
- Pricing: no hidden costs.
- User statistics: enhanced functionalities would be welcome.
- Mobile app: enhanced functionalities would be welcome.
- Guided user experience: Chatbot in the system?
Certainly, for People Analytics, you need a certain company size to be able to drive meaningful actions out of the insights you generate. This holds true for all technologies. Due to the pricing model that Visier offers, it is suitable both for smaller, but also enterprise companies.
Visier is the ideal technology if you have various data sources that you would like to unify and correlate, as there is no limit to the amount of data sources. Results in Visier are presented in appealing visualizations that can easily be adapted to specific context. This makes it a great tool for manager’s self-service.
- Onboarding: The data dictionary is clear and concise, and when there are questions, our client success manager and Visier data scientist are quick with answers.
- Customer Relationship: Our client success manager has built an extremely strong relationship with us and shows drive in helping us be successful.
- Delivered Metrics: Visier makes it easy to find answers to questions through the Topic Guide Book, and to define desired metrics/dimensions through the metric explorer.
- Assessing Talent: The Talent Advisor will change the way we manage our people.
- Deploying Packaged Content.
- Configuring Custom Content.
- Built in Analytic Capabilities and Modeling.
- Technical Deadlines Often Missed: On several occasions during data onboarding, or applying fixes to data, communicated deadlines were missed by 24-48 hours.
- Security can be convoluted, but is effective.
- Built on Flash and the only native mobile apps are for iPad (iPhone forthcoming).
Visier Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Visier People™ is a complete people analytics and workforce planning solution that gives answers to hundreds of pre-built, best practice workforce questions, and translates these insights into plans and business outcomes. Delivered in the cloud, Visier says that Visier People connects disparate workforce data and business results data, enabling insights and predictions otherwise not possible—no costly data warehouse required. Their solutions include:
Visier People: Talent
Insights into movement, performance, engagement, absenteeism, compensation, risks, and more.
Validated predictive analytics (e.g. flight risk and promotion)
Self-service and secure sharing of insights
Visier People: Talent Acquisition
Insight into pipeline, diversity, sourcing, and quality
Reliable predictions for how long it takes to fill a position
Ability to share in-context information securely and easily
Visier People: Learning
Measure learning’s impact on key business initiatives, such as sales numbers and customer feedback
Centralize learning records and identify which sources are producing the most compelling training
Critical answers to questions about learning engagement, operations, compliance, and more
Visier People: Planning
Trends, forecasts, and “what if” scenario modeling
Total cost of workforce model that unites headcount and costs
Enterprise-wide collaboration and project management
Visier Videos (5)
Visier Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||100%|
Visier Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Visier Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Mobile Web|