Visual Studio IDE Reviews

Sean Patterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 19, 2020

Super Powerful IDE for your .Net (and more) needs

Support Rating

Between online forums like StackOverflow, online documentation, MSDN forums, and the customer support options, I find it very easy to get support for Visual Studio IDE when I need it. If desired, one can also download the MSDN documentation about the IDE and have it readily available for any support needs.
Read Sean Patterson's full review
zahit bogus | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 20, 2020

My experiences in Visual Studio IDE

Support Rating

There are a lot of Microsoft partner companies that we can work within our city. We are working on some of these. Besides, there is a very strong community of users. We can also register with Microsoft support for our use as an enterprise. We have a lot of solutions to our problems.
Read zahit bogus's full review
Clay Horste | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Long-time Visual Studio IDE user

Support Rating

While I haven't contacted tech support directly, the fact that Visual Studio keeps improving is all the support that I need. It certainly has gotten faster over the years. Also, Stack Overflow is littered with the answers that you need. Just use your favorite search engine to look up the problem that you are having and bam, someone out there has run into it and an answer has been provided.
Read Clay Horste's full review
John Stuchly | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 29, 2020

Visual Studio IDE - Good, but Heavy

Support Rating

I have run into more than a few issues with Visual Studio IDE over the years. Largely, Microsoft has been very responsive to bugs. In the past few years, they have addressed and released bugfixes much more quickly than in the past. I asked this five years ago, my answer would probably have been around a six, rather than an eight.

There is also a vast developer community that often either has workarounds for issues or validates that the issue is not just your environment.
Read John Stuchly's full review
Torrey Vegter | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 25, 2019

A well-rounded IDE

Support Rating

I've never really had to deal with person to person support but I've heard good things. 99% of my issues are solved making use of Microsoft's online forums which have an extremely active and dedicated user-base.
Read Torrey Vegter's full review
February 29, 2020

Visual Studio IDE? Essential for a Microsoft Shop.

Support Rating

There are many resources available supporting Visual Studio IDE. Microsoft whitepapers, forum posts, and online Visual Studio documentation. There are countless demonstration videos available, as well. If users are having issues, they can call Microsoft Support, but depending on the company's agreement with Microsoft, the number of included support calls will vary from organization to organization. I've found that Microsoft support calls can be hit or miss depending on who you get, but they can usually get you with the right support person for your issue.
February 28, 2020

Artillery of the Developer: A comprehensive IDE

Support Rating

Any problem I came across so far, I have been able to resolve online, using the community hub and forums like StackOverflow. Many questions have already been asked before and when it was not, I have been able to receive a fast response when I was the one to create the thread. This is the most valuable and important aspect of the software, be able to resolve the issue online, with the community. A unique occurrence where it was not possible to find or receive an answer, Microsoft support team is there to help you.
February 27, 2020

Microsoft Visual Studio IDE (Enterprise) is a great tool for medium to large businesses

Support Rating

You can pretty much search anything about Visual Studio IDE on the internet and find an answer. If that doesn't meet your needs, Microsoft has a plethora of help guides and information about the IDE and tools on MSDN or other help guides they have written. Depending on your IDE level you have access to customer support that can also answer your questions and guide you.
February 26, 2020

Review of Visual Studio IDE

Support Rating

I've never attempted to utilize support. I can always find my answers via a quick web search. However, based on my personal experience with other Microsoft product support (such as Office 365 and Azure) I anticipate that the support would be good.
January 27, 2020

Visual Studio is the Rolls Royce under the IDE's

Support Rating

MSDN is the worst thing ever written. Ever since the start of .NET it gives bloated information, without giving the correct, precise, and especially concise answer. However, there is not a single question unanswered on the internet through other channels, like Stack Overflow. I've yet to search any longer than 2 minutes to find an answer to any question I may have regarding the language (C#) or the tool itself.
John P. Maher | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 05, 2017

Visual Studio, a well evolved IDE.

Support Rating

The support consists of a forum. The problem with the forum is the categories are poorly designed and only reflect a subset of reality. So often you need to put a specific question in a general section. What makes this bad is your question gets reviewed by only the people who feel like it (it seems). If someone with knowledge of your issue sees your question you are in luck. If not, time to look elsewhere.
Read John P. Maher's full review