Read all reviews
VMware Fusion is used in a multitude of development scenarios including spinning up Linux servers for early-stage development before the …
I use VMware Fusion on my Mac so that I can run business-related software that is only available on the PC. This allows me to run …
We use VMWare Fusion to run disk images of Windows operating systems on a Mac, as well as running VMWare Fusion on a Debian Linux machine …
Our company switched from PC based to Mac based back in 2012. For the most part, our applications are MAC OS. However, we have not found a …
As a charter school management organization, we strive to provide the best educational tools to our students. As such, we have deployed …
VMware Fusion is being used as a virtual machine monitor to allow Mac users to test how things work on Windows machines. It is used mostly …
VMware Fusion is primarily used by clients who need to access Windows-specific applications on their Macs. In most organizations I manage, …
VMware Fusion is the preferred workstation virtualization application for Mac users. It allows users to virtualize a multitude of …
I use VMware Fusion primarily for my own use. My organization does not have many Macs deployed, but for my work it makes the most sense …
We use VMware Fusion for end-user Windows desktops for our IT department. We've also used VMware Fusion for our server development and …
VMWare Fusion allows Apple users to run a Windows or Linux operating system inside a virtual machine on their Macintosh. As a paid …
As Mac users it is nice to be able to test landing pages and websites on Internet Explorer. It also enables running a few programs that do …
My previous employer used VMware fusion on our MacBooks which we needed to use because our customers also used MacBooks and we need them …
VMware Fusion is being used by Mac OS users in our Platform Operations department. VMware Fusion provides us with the ability to quickly …
It is being used by the entire organization. Generally we use Macs, so we use it for a Windows environment for programs that require that.
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of VMware Fusion, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
4 people want pricing too
VMware Fusion: Desktop Hypervisors for Mac
Software designed to give users the freedom to be more productive, agile and secure in a preferred environment. IT professionals, developers and businesses can use VMware Fusion desktop hypervisors for OS support, rock-solid stability and advanced features. With Fusion Player and Fusion Pro, run nearly any OS as VMs on Mac for development, testing, gaming or even simulating production clouds on local desktops.
What is VMware Fusion?
Vmware Fusion is a virtual user session software built to run Windows applications on Macintosh to run any Windows applications.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 10.
The most common users of VMware Fusion are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Eliminated the need to maintain separate windows hardware as well as multiple OSes for testing.
- Saved a lot of hours needing to configure VM instances to serve specific needs (e.g. can create an image and use it as an image template for similar projects going forward).
- This had a positive impact because I did not have to purchase an additional computer (Windows PC) just to run a couple of Windows-only apps.
- This is a time-saver because it is easy to switch back and forth between the Windows and Mac environments on one computer.
- VMWare Fusion has had a positive impact insofar as it has mitigated our need to purchase Windows laptops to be able to run Windows applications (as we use MacBook Pro laptops as our primary development environments).
- It has also saved countless hours in environment configuration by allowing us to configure an environment once in a virtual machine and then save it as a disk image.
- VMware allows me to use my favorite software without having to have a separate computer.
- Extremely cost-affordable for the return.
- Being less expensive than the competition, it has enabled us to deploy more computers for our students
- It has reduced the effort to manage and update that our IT staff have to exert to keep the systems up-to-date
- It has provided our students with a great learning environment that is flexible and allows for fine control of resource utilization
- With unity view mode, less experienced MacOS users have a simple mode to run their Windows software without having a different context.
- Since it allows you to run Window's software on a Mac device, it allows users to have only one computer to use all the desired software.
- VMware Fusion has had an almost universal positive impact on ROI. Instead of a user needing to have both a Mac and PC, s/he can just have a Mac and run whatever Windows program necessary in a Fusion virtual machine.
- Being able to have a single powerful machine that is running multiple virtual machines also drastically reduces the costs of computer hardware purchased
- Perhaps the only negative ROI is that there are free alternatives out there (specifically Virtual Box), that can do similar things (albeit not as well).
- Positive - OS virtualization for the Mac workstation
- Positive - better OS resource management than other platforms - keeping users more productive
- Fusion allows those who are most productive with Apple products to maximize their productivity without giving up the handful of Windows applications they may need.
- Fusion provides a platform that makes testing OS deployments quick and easy to test repeatedly, saving hours of waiting.
- Saves money by not running your development servers on server hardware
- Allow end users to only have one client device instead of two
- Works well when migrating VMs into production.
- Vmware Fusion was a worthwhile investment for the Mac users as it allowed them to perform work using Windows applications
- Myself not being a regular Mac user was able to build Windows images from a loaner machine
- I believe that the ROI was made in a short time, because before Fusion we were using Virtualbox and it never worked right on Macs
- Saved man hours
- The negative impact of VMware Fusion is that Mac computers cost more than Windows computers and now that we can use Mac computers with Fusion on them to use our windows only applications, everyone wants Mac's at the company, which are more expensive.
- A positive impact is that the existing mac computers at the company are now much more effective now that they can run the windows applications our company utilizes.
- A positive impact is that the ROI on our MAC investment has accelerated since installing fusion on those computers because they are getting used much more frequently.
- Fusion has allowed us to provide Mac users with the tools they need that only run on other operating systems at a minimal cost.
- Users using a VM often don't need something as "fancy" as VMware Fusion, and instead can use a free option like Virtual Box, so we waste money on using an extra amount of VMware Fusion licenses.
- Developers using and IT admins using VMware Fusion for testing saves us time and money. Simply, we know mistakes would take time and money to fix, but VMware is powerful, allows for proper and fast testing.
- Allows us to use hardware of choice and software of choice.
- Cheaper alternative to a second computer.
- Imaging Windows is getting easier to manage.
- It saves time in testing network configurations and allows you to spend less money to test certain kinds of setups.
- It's not difficult to set up and is pretty user friendly.
- Customers see a value of using it to dual boot operating systems without having to do a native setup.