VMware Workstation Pro

Easy to use and reliable tool

March 26, 2022

• Live virtual machine migration (23)
  • Live virtual machine backup (23)
  • Management console (24)
  • Virtual machine automated provisioning (21)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of VMware Workstation Pro, and make your voice heard!

What is VMware Workstation Pro?

VMware Workstation Pro is virtualization software which allows running multiple x86-based operating systems on one PC.

4 people want pricing too

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

Server Virtualization

What is VMware Workstation Pro?

VMware Workstation Pro Technical Details

Reviewers rate Live virtual machine migration highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of VMware Workstation Pro are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Mohammad Mashmoushi | TrustRadius Reviewer
When it comes to software testing & deployment, VMware Workstation Pro does a splendid job in virtually running any desktop operating system for running our software products on multiple platforms, all of which can be effortlessly done from a single computer. Furthermore, the ability to operate several Windows 10 OS's & Linux distros at once has saved me a ton of time from switching back & forth to dual-booting operating systems - a cumbersome task if you're to be dealing with numerous, real machines.
  • Running various Windows & Linux OS builds flawlessly
  • Best-in-class sandbox tool for software deployment & testing
  • Software product demonstration
  • Easy to clone & transfer Virtual OS images to other computers, thusly saving time on reconfiguration
  • Minimize to system tray sometimes refuses to allow me to exit the software completely, thereby forcing me to terminate VMware Workstation Pro in the background using task manager for saving on system resources (ex. free more RAM for other tasks)
  • The latest build of Mac OS Monterey doesn't seem to work out of the box
  • Windows XP (for personal use) suffers from blurriness - an unseen issue with other OS I've tested on VMware Workstation Pro
For testing out early builds of our software suite prior to releasing them for commercial use, demonstrating & showcasing software features & functionality, VMware Workstation Pro does a perfect job in handling the aforementioned tasks. Backing up virtual OS images & redeploying them later in case of data corruption is extremely time-saving & relatively safer when compared to testing software on a real machine, where in case of an OS data failure can take an eternity to restore to a previous backup - a time-consuming task averted using VMWare Workstation Pro.
We've used VMware Workstation Pro many times in the past. Most of our machines use Linux and it's a really helpful tool when we want to test something without having to mess with a bare-metal installation of a specific piece of software/OS. We mostly use it to simulate certain procedures like moving large chunks of data, what happens if something goes wrong and all the steps and precautions necessary. Testing things in a production environment is never a good idea, but having a dedicated testing setup can also be pretty expensive - VMware Workstation Pro solves this problem for us as it's easy to use, endlessly customizable, and affordable.
  • Great performance unlike most other products.
  • Works on Linux(a very important thing for our company).
  • Great customer support.
  • Extremely affordable.
  • Highly customizable.
  • Easy-to-use interface.
  • Well written documentation.
  • Some of the network settings are pretty hard to navigate.
  • The VMware Tools suite isn't reliable for things like sharing files between guest and host or sharing a clipboard, doesn't always work.
  • Have had issues with the Shared Folder feature where it doesn't always work.
  • Mounting host USB devices to the Guest virtual machine sometimes doesn't work at all.
I honestly can't think of a scenario it isn't suited for. This is the best virtualization software out there, it has all the features you'd ever need, if not more. The support is great, the documentation is great, the community is great - there's no reason as to why a company would choose something over this piece of software, it's really the best we have right now. The only thing I found it less reliable for compared to other products is mounting USB-interfaced devices from the host to the guest(virtual) machine, it is quite troublesome and sometimes doesn't work at all. It's not really a big deal for our company though, so it really depends on what are you looking to get out of it. Most of the tools in the VMware tools suite are with questionable reliability too, but I'd say the ones we need work fine.
Umair Mehboob | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using VMware Workstation Pro for testing temporary environments during the development life cycle. VMware Workstation Pro is very convenient for creating, managing, and moving environments from one PC to another for testing the code level changes. We have deployed Oracle local environment on VMware Workstation Pro and it is performing as expected.
  • Virtual Machine deployment.
  • Best for creating temporary environments.
  • Flexibility.
  • Resource Sharing.
  • License Cost.
  • More OS support.
VMware Workstation Pro is well suited for temporary and low-cost environments specifically for testing environments. This is well suited for small companies and home-based users and for corporate and large scale businesses it is less suited as VMware Workstation Pro is not much reliable for production environments and load-based applications.
Currently we use VMware Workstation for a number of reasons.
1. We utilize it for the benefit of testing where we will have applications running and to test it within our network we will utilize a virtual machine to simulate its run and completeness.
2. It is used also to run production systems so users can remote into the system. This also allows us to make precise backups in the event of any changes made that may deem the VM unusable we can quickly revert.
  • allow virtualization of physical system
  • creation of a wide range of virtual systems from linux to windows
  • adapting to your current networking
  • ability to virtualize with other software such as GNS3
  • as with the latest, option for shared vm
  • improved network configuration manager
  • improved compatibility with other virtual machine software
Some scenarios where VMware Workstation pro is best suited are:
1. Utilization for testing software - can install a virtual machine to simulate software requirements and testing it on your network.
2. Testing operating systems upgrades and installation on specific hardware requirements.
3. Virtualizing a physical server
4. Being able to backup a whole server and restore from it in the event of any issue occurring.
Johnson Martins | TrustRadius Reviewer
Highly powerful and easy Cloud package for the business data easy visualization and the management of multiple running services for the companies is effective. The VMware Workstation Pro provides us with great production workflow management possibilities and the ability to create required reports via this platform is fantastic and the ability to protect data through their Cloud services channels is effective.
  • I like the easy to integrate the solution.
  • Functionalities on data migration is good.
  • Useful platform for the project time management.
  • Very easy platform but the interface is not that friendly to new user.
  • For those new providing productive data analytics for multiple data is challenging.
  • The performance on poor hardware machine is very poor.
Reliable platform to keep multiple Cloud services active and provide effective data security for all the business data that are being processed through VMware Workstation Pro environment. The data collection ability from multiple platforms through its stable data integration functionalities is impressive. The processing of data and the data planning tools with software were very beneficial to our business.
We perform machine-human interface design for R&D projects. These interfaces we have developed need to be compatible with different operating systems. At this stage, VMware provides a lot of conveniences.
  • Easy to installation.
  • Easy access to different operating systems.
  • Same performance with real OS.
  • Sometimes you can find some driver problems.
  • Network sharing could be easier.
Being able to use multiple operating systems at the same time is pretty cool. It speeds up our work a lot. We can do it with a single machine in jobs that need more than one machine.
Marius Covelli | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been using VMware Workstation Pro for project development using different software through all VMs integrating all software’s using a virtualized environment for performance testing and software debugging. Also, software’s are implemented in customer servers in bigger server-client structures.
  • System Creation.
  • Network Management.
  • Easy implementation.
  • Great performance.
  • Video Graphic performance.
  • Updates are usually not well received by users due to problems.
I've been using VMware Workstation Pro for project development using different software through all VMs integrating all software’s using a virtualized environment for performance testing and software debugging. Also, software’s are implemented in customer servers in bigger server-client structure.
I primarily use a MacBook and there are some requirements that will need me to use other operating systems. VMWare Workstation Pro is very handy in these situations for me to run virtual machines, especially Windows ones. It is extremely helpful in switching between tasks and managing environments is very easy with this.
  • Easy to install and use.
  • Doesn't lag even on extensive usage.
  • Probably the best tool for managing different virtual environments simultaneously.
  • Network setup could be tricky at times.
  • I didn't really find anything negative for my level of usage other than network issues.
Easy to install and use Very powerful when it comes to running resource-intensive tasks as a well clean and convenient tool to run any number of different virtual machines I wouldn't recommend using this tool to run a virtual machine and make it your primary machine Gets the job done quickly with no hassle.
VMWare Workstation pro is used in many different scenarios. The main use case is for lab environments for Engineers. We use VMWare workstation pro on a user's machine so they can run simulation programs like GNS3 and Eve-NG. With a high-end machine, you can dedicate enough resources to create a network or multiple networks in a lab and test.
  • Virtualization
  • Easy Setup.
  • Quick to learn the basics.
  • Licensing can always be improved.
  • Installation instructions.
  • Could be a free program to encourage users to pick VMWare workstation over other options like Virtual Box.
VMWare workstation allows a user to create an entire group of VMs on their local computer. This is something used in IT areas like networking and telephony for testing new ideas and scenarios in a controlled environment before trying in production. Giving users a local option means the user is isolated to their machine and not working on a production VMWare environment to run tests or simulations. It also allows the user to work off-network or offline since the app is local.
VMware Workstation Pro is being used by our IT department. We use it for training, testing and beta debugging purposes. It's so easy to install and manage. Also it is useful if you have a Vcenter environment. With the help of VMware Workstation Pro you can easily connect to Vcenter servers, ESXi servers and you can do most of the management tasks from there with comfort. I use it with a portable M2 SSD drive. I can carry my VM's with ease to where ever I work. That's my favorite. I backup and convert my old pc's to virtual and keep them because sometimes old software needs the hardware and environment they were used to working in. Instead of keeping them physically with the help of VMware Workstation I always keep them virtually. And last but least it is a must have tool for learning, developing, testing environments.
  • VM Creating
  • VM Converting
  • VCenter Basic operations
  • VM Mobility
  • Snapshot speed
  • Display enchancements
VMware Workstation Pro is ideal for training, development envoirements. Using snapshots makes possible to revert back the system in case something went wrong. That's why I prefer to use it without interfere the production environment. Also sometimes if you need to connect an ESXi or Vcenter server it is a best shortcut. You can do most of the management tasks incase of incident.
I use VMware Workstation Pro to try new features, software, or updates of my system without the need to deal with real problems. VMware Workstation Pro is a great virtualizing software that fits multiple scenarios. You can use it to test new features, try new software before installing on your production system or just to take a look at new operating system.
  • Virtualize physical machines to test new updates.
  • Provide a controlled environment to try out new software without compromising your production system.
  • Great tool to try on new features or updates.
  • For my level of utilization I didn't find any feature that was missing.
If you need to install a new piece of software and don't want to compromise your production computer, VMware Workstation Pro is the perfect tool. You can virtualize a physical machine and then make all the changes you need to test without the need to deal with disasters.
VMware Workstation Pro is a tool we use to simulate or to make tests on operative systems or production machines without being to deal with possible performance impact or disasters in the production infrastructure. We recently migrated our production server from Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2019 and VMware Workstation Pro was a crucial tool to make all the tests on our migration plan before even touch our actual infrastructure.
  • Test new software on an actual server, previously virtualized
  • Make all the changes to our production server before deploy
  • Deal with real problems without any impact on production infrastructure
  • We found that some network settings were hard to set up
VMware Workstation Pro is the most complete virtualizing solution on the market, it's incredibly powerful when you need to make changes on some important points of your infrastructure. When you need to try test some changes on your servers or make some important changes that may affect the performance of your applications, the best way to be sure that nothing bad happens is to try with a virtualized environment
I currently use VMware Workstation Pro to manage the various VMs in our environment, as well as a few local VM's stored on my workstation. We have around 1,000 VM's in Vcenter, and VMware Workstation Pro is much more easier to use when needing console access to them.
  • It uses tabs to navigate between VM's when opened, which is great when updating multiple servers
  • The management for VM's stored locally works great
  • I like it's integration with Vcenter
  • It could use more monitoring features
  • They should rethink the licensing, such as having to pay for an upgrade right after purchasing
  • The version I'm on randomly freezes sometimes when launching, then works fine after a few minutes.
It's great for anyone Systems Administrator responsible for multiple servers in a Vcenter environment, as well as anyone who utilizes multiple VM's on the pc for various tasks. If you simply have a VM or two you use to test or play around with, there are free alternatives that may be a better option.
Tyler Twitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
VMware Workstation is used to run VM's that can be discarded and recreated with little effort. These VM's run on our location desktop or laptop with the intended purpose to obfuscate the work that goes on within our organization and that of our production use. These virtual machines are running and supported within VMware to act as a barrier between production access and regular access to our corporate environments allowing up to have a separation of duties within the working environment.
  • Create test systems to validate specific builds.
  • Allow for a separation of duties as well as keep network traffic segregated.
  • Some changes could be made to help with multi screen support.
  • VMware Workstation is difficult to span between different host OS (Windows vs Mac).
The ability to deploy a server to test a specific piece of software is of great benefit, and if you mess up with an install, as long as you have a copy of the machine you started with, you can quickly delete an OS and start over. The same works if you need to share a single image among many people.
I haven't had to call VMware Workstation support. The majority of the time, whenever I have a problem, I can perform an online search and find the answers I need. Online forums and users with similar situations are generally sufficient to answer any questions I have had, though, from previous experience at another company, their support is outstanding and responsive to circumstances. However, that is generally for a paid support contract and should be expected when you are paying for that support.
Nick Darnell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I currently use VMware Workstation Pro to manage the VM's in our production environment as well as some locally hosted test machines that may or may not go into production. Workstation allows me to access all of my clusters and VM's with ease on a client based environment rather that web portal based access which can sometime be subpar.
  • Not HTML based - Web applications are not always the best method to access VM's
  • Isolation - VM's can be pulled off production networks for testing in a safe environment
  • Operability - The interface mirrors the HTML format giving the user all of the features necessary to modify, access and manage VM's
  • Stability - The client will sometimes randomly crash
  • Consistency - I have run into issues where VM hardware can only be modified through vSphere so you must bounce back and fourth from time to time
Workstation Pro is well suited for both small and enterprise level applications. Home labs and small businesses can use it to manage a few VM's and massive scale corporations will have the ability to operate multiple clusters across multiple domains all in one setting. I find it most useful for offline application testing on VM's prior to migration into production.
Vlad VARNA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use VMware Workstation (on Windows) and Fusion (on mac) to test our software and to test it safely with malware. We also use it to deploy development web servers in Linux on Windows development machines. We also use the Network Editor to test different networking conditions that would be harder to replicate physically.
  • You can have different test machines on a single developer host.
  • It's almost as fast as a physical machine.
  • You can use snapshots to quickly experiment with new things and updates without worrying you will lose everything.
  • With the Network Editor, you can configure whole LANs, which would require a lot of effort and equipment to set up physically.
  • The VMX configuration file is easily editable for more advanced features.
  • At the moment, it's incompatible with Microsoft's HyperVM, which is used in Docker and the Linux Subsystem on Windows 2 (WSL 2).
  • VMware shared files sometimes stop working and need to be reset.
  • 3D support is limited to Windows and only certain scenarios.
Out of the desktop VM solutions, it's better than its competitors in terms of speed, features, and reliability (though in the recent releases reliability seems to be going down; probably mainly because of issues with HyperVM). If you want to have a whole Linux environment that you can just move on a stick it's better than WSL. If you need different preconfigured OSes for automated testing it's also very good
We utilize VMware Workstation for IT Admins to run massive virtual machines. As of today, VMware Workstation is still the gold standard when it comes to virtual environment.
  • Allow IT professionals to run multiple, isolated Operating Systems.
  • Users can network together sets of operating systems to complete the testing and development of server architecture.
  • The frequent update of VMware tools gets a little tiresome.
We utilize VMware Workstation to connect physical USB devices to a virtual machine and running a testing and development of code with network architecture. We utilize it with Windows 10 and Linux virtual machines using secure shell (SSH).
We also connecting it to a remote vSphere host, to create inventory tree, that now shows as a hierarchical arrangement with two different views: hosts/clusters and VMs, with a simple toggle between the two.
We never get to use the support as it is always working seamlessly.
Graham Murison | TrustRadius Reviewer
VMware Workstation is used in IT operations for running lab environments, testing software solutions/updates. It also allows us to run multiple operating systems on one virtual host. We also have some other departments that required Android hardware in order to run ONE android application. Instead, what we did was deployed VMware Workstation for them and now they run Android through this virtualized platform. There are also some really old applications we have that are required more maintenance for one or two people. Instead, of trying to run it on old hardware we virtualized it and it runs as a Windows XP/2000 virtual machine on a Workstation host.
  • Segregates networking
  • Virtualizing multiple operating systems
  • Resource management
  • Device redirection (USB, printers)
  • Integration with other VMware products
  • More flexible networking functionality, like VLANs etc
  • Pricing
We have used VMware Workstation to virtualize old servers/workstations operating systems that are running on really ancient hardware. By doing this we are have reduced our hardware maintenance cost, power consumption, and cooling costs. It also does well when you are testing the deployment of new software packages or operating systems. This allows IT computers to be free of the bloatware that comes with so many software suites, upgrades for us just requires moving files around.
VMware Workstation is being used by a few departments to do a variety of things. It is being used by some to access VMs on our host clusters, it is being used by others to create and run local sandbox VMs, and we have used it to copy deprecated VMs to an end-users desktop giving them the opportunity to start that VM and do data recovery on into the future. Workstation provides a good alternative to a remote desktop for managing your servers if they are all virtual. It also provides a great way to do testing and one-off application usage on your desktop in a sandbox.
  • It provides a great remote access tool for accessing and managing servers in virtual environment. With the security risks surround remote desktop this provides a good alternative to do the same functions.
  • The app itself is very lightweight and easy to install/maintain.
  • Sandbox testing can be a time consuming thing to setup and do. Workstation makes this easy to create, use, and put away. This make you more willing to put new things in the sandbox and test them before production usage.
  • The cost of workstation is very affordable for the functionality that you get and you can try it for free before you buy it.
  • We use it to run apps that can be difficult to setup or conflict with other apps. We just spin this app VM up run it, and then shut it back down. The startup and shutdown is very quick.
  • It's not free? With all the money spent on a VMware environment, they could easily give this product away as a tool to use with the overarching products.
  • Initial licensing can be a bit of a challenge as with any VMware product.
  • We have never needed support as the product is very easy to use, but VMware as a company doesn't provide the greatest support.
  • As you read the three things above, you will notice that we really don't have any ideas on how to improve the product as it works very well over all.
When you use the vSphere client to open a remote console you have what appears to be a slimmed-down version of Workstation. The full version can be used in that same role, but instead of going to vSphere first you can directly get to your VM tree through Workstation. This makes it quick to move from VM to VM. Sandboxing is where Workstation is especially well suited. You can run test apps, difficult apps, and deprecated apps/OSs in a sideways fashion that is not dangerous to your production environment. If you're not a VMware shop, this product could be used but would be less appropriate.
We have never called support for Workstation so this rating is actually based on an overall rating of VMware. The good thing about VMware products is they don't generally need much support, but like any other really large company the support they give has, in our experience, gone downhill. They take a while to get through to and then aren't generally quick to respond and resolve cases.
For at home development of virtual machines, it is hard to find a better solution. VMware Workstation is primarily used as personal Linux and web development solutions. It is a super simple/flexible product that allows individual users very robust options. We use it for developing exploit capable boxes and ranges allowing staff to work from home while remaining productive without having to have a cloud solution from home. Currently, roughly 70% of our organization is using VMware workstation in some form or another, whether it's on BYOD, or assigned org devices.
  • VMware Workstation is very easy to use and learn. Little to no knowledge of virtual computing is needed to operate Workstation.
  • The price point is not that bad. While there are free solutions out there that provide simple and basic virtualization solutions, VMware Workstation is definitely worth the money. Also, they offer educational discounts.
  • While being easy to use it has advanced options, it can integrate into remote clouds as well.
  • The snapshots offered on Workstation is a great feature many of the free virtual tools do not have. This allows you to save a live state or dead state of a machine. Allowing immediate rollback or roll forward to points you've saved.
  • Making it easy to export VMS is something that Workstation struggles with; exporting to OVA which is the primary type of VM we export to is cumbersome and can be difficult without proper knowledge on how to do this.
  • Management of VMS could be a little bit more in depth.
  • I think the networking portion of Workstation could use some slight improvements, more in-depth segmentation to support containers, however, this is a small issue and not something many people will miss or need.
If you're a remote user for an organization, specifically for development, VMWare workstation is hard to beat. It's great for home use or even inside organization BOYD type solutions. It is not a replacement for a private or public cloud. It is not intended for production level scenarios; it's more intended for small solutions like classrooms and home use.
Stefan Trbojevic | TrustRadius Reviewer
VMware Workstation has been used as our main virtual lab environment tool, this is where we do all our testings before publishing any new updates, as well as to troubleshoot and get more familiar with new features our product has to offer. For instance, I have multiple images set where I can quickly switch between them and spot any new changes that have been developed.
  • Mounting and creating multiple images.
  • Creating restore point.
  • Managing your PC resources efficiently.
  • Multi-monitor setup can be a problem.
  • Some random problems with the mouse cursor not clicking where it should but on some other spot.
VMware Workstation is well suited for literally anyone, be it for a private project or for your work, It is usually being used for testing purposes or perhaps for virtual servers, whatever the task may be VMware Workstation can handle it with ease. As previously mentioned multi-monitor setup is something that needs to be worked on for the product to be fully implemented and usable in your environment.
VMware Workstation automatically chooses adequately the settings needed in order to perform best, given you have "automatically" set in the relevant settings. Workstation Pro is also very efficient with the usage of your resources. The software is really full-featured for the price; it's money well spent. You can not get it wrong with this one. If you read the documentation, you can even get more benefits from the advanced usage of the tool. Allows for security research without causing harm to real machines, and it's easy to spin up to new or saved VM then reimage a machine.
  • I love VMWare Workstation because it is software that is fairly easy to use. The most exciting use of VMware Workstation is that it allows anyone to create a virtual machine in order to prevent viruses.
  • Able to install any operating system you want quickly.
  • Able to customize the machine operating system with RAM, Hard Disk, CPU, etc.
  • Audio can be a bit on the laggy side.
  • Having to reboot for every update and VM reboots for VMtools updates.
It is really one of the best applications for virtualization in the market. The only problem is that this is not a free program, but due to all its functionalities it is worth the price.
Michael Timms | TrustRadius Reviewer
Oh where to begin. The uses for VMware Workstation are almost endless. First and foremost in my case, I use it to build Windows 7 and 10 images, and then capture them using FOG. Building images this way is so much cleaner and faster because they are universal, meaning they are not dependent on any hardware type. I love that I can make snapshots along the way, and if I run into any issues I can restore the snapshot, and keep on building.
  • Extremely fast image creation.
  • VMware allows the user to boot into bios, unlike some other virtualization software.
  • Customer support is remarkable, always willing to assist with even the smallest issues.
  • VMware to me is a little too simplistic during setup, and this has led to me having to go back through and change some of the options afterward. This, however, is subjective.
  • Occasionally after an update, I have experienced freezing.
  • I have had issues when backing up a VM to another PC, I would get an error when I start the machine on the new PC.
VMware is not just well suited, but it is a necessity in a thin client environment. Other virtualization software can be used of course, but none of the others that I have used come with the customer support that VMware does. It is also perfect for a PC environment that uses FOG for imaging, because building images is so much faster on VMware than on a live machine.
February 08, 2018

A Perfect VM Manager

From my personal experience, VMware Workstation is a wonderful software. I can use different development environments using a single machine (with very accelerated performances). Thanks to VMWare I can develop different solutions and perform tests and debugging easily without any risk and with an immediate rollback speed.
  • immediate rollback speed with VM Snapshot
  • connection with VSphere
  • no risk of unwanted impacts
  • requires a minimum of system knowledge
  • different VMs running at the same time can use a lot of resources
  • the machine running VM Workstation must be very high performing
Scenarios in which this product is useful are if:
  1. you are a developer or you are often interested in new products
  2. you want to carry out extensive tests on certain products or features particularly impacting products that are already used in the company
  3. you have the intention to make particularly risky changes
  4. you can create specular environments and test everything on the virtual. machines
Bert Scalzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use VMware Workstation to develop, test and demo our software which works with a dozen different databases - so we need virtual machines for numerous setups that we do not want to have running on our computers at all times. Plus some of those databases do not run on Windows so the ability to have a Linux server running as a VM also is extremely useful. In short, we could not do our jobs as easily without VMware Workstation.
  • Excellent tool for creating, running and sharing virtual machines
  • Straightforward and easy to create and manage numerous virtual machines of different types
  • Has the ability to deploy from VMware Workstation to the VMware corporate product - ESX
  • Better built in and automated support for keeping virtual machine file growth to a minimum without 3rd party tools user must download and install
  • A simple wizard for exporting a complete working VM from VMware Workstation to Oracle Virtual Box with minimal user effort and expertise
  • A simple wizard for importing a complete working VM from Oracle Virtual Box to VMware Workstation with minimal user effort and expertise
Best virtualization solution for desktop use and at a very fair price - much better than free tools from Oracle or even VMware (you get what you pay for)