VNC Connect Reviews

December 06, 2019

VNC Connect Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

VNC Connect is a solid remote support tool used by my staff. Since our team is small and we support many users we utilize remote support options as much as possible. We use it for remote troubleshooting, in-house and offsite and the product works reliably. We also use it during our audiovisual events to control presentation laptops. This enables us to remain out of sight and assist presenters with their presentations remotely from the back of the room.
William Waks | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 07, 2018

Extremely helpful client support software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am quite frequently requested to provide support to my clients regarding their accounting system. In many instances it is much more convenient to connect to their computer and visually guide them. VNC Connect provides this with little effort allowing me to see their computer screens, understand what they have done in their software and help them properly record their transactions or prepared meaningful reports.
Read William Waks's full review
Cole Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2018

My Most Valuable Program

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a professional photographer and travel the world. I conduct all of my business remotely by using VNC Connect.

Most of my remote access is done using an iOS device to connect to a PC. This allows me to keep Running my business when I'm traveling.
Read Cole Thompson's full review
Richard Russell | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 10, 2018

VNC Connect - Worth Your Time and Consideration

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have been users of RealVNC for over 8 years. During that time, it has allowed us to remotely connect to 1000 desktops and servers to resolve issues, install software, printers, etc., saving us many hours of driving time between sites and gives us a quicker response time to resolve issues. Without it, we would have had to hire at least one other technician. Now with VNC Connect, we can connect to desktops and servers that are not interconnected on our WAN. The software is very stable, easy to use and has many features that make remote support a snap. I also use it at home for after-hours support as well. The sales and support departments, when needed, has been exceptional. Great product with a great team behind it!
Read Richard Russell's full review
Miguel Nuñez | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 01, 2018

Here you go. If you need to connect quick to a PC in your own LAN, this is the easy way!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used RealVNC as an alternative tool for connecting to our remote Servers and Workstations. We needed a fast tool to take control of this devices as we were sitting in front of them in order to solve critical issues affecting the company's productivity.

All our branches were remote locations in different states and this didn't make it easy connecting to them via other tools like LogMeIn and others. As soon as we activated our MLPS, we were able to connect on the go by just making a call from our CMDB to open RealVNC and connect to this remote locations.
Read Miguel Nuñez's full review
Nicholas Bates | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 24, 2018

RealVNC Allows Remote Access Wherever My Customer Is

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

VNC is being used to allow company-wide and remote access to support our computer systems. It is an important tool for our IT department exclusively. It allows for the support of our remote users and every site our company owns across the United States.
Read Nicholas Bates's full review
Samuel Dickinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 09, 2018

VNC Connect - A solid, robust VNC service.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our organisation initially considered VNC Connect by RealVNC to facilitate remote access and control of some of our remote (unmanned) systems. As these systems are not normally manned, we needed a reliable way to access, monitor, control and update these systems as part of our Research & Development activities.
Read Samuel Dickinson's full review
Cory Brester | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 10, 2018

VNC is the best tool for a growing company that needs to scale.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

VNC is being used across the entire company. Our organization is currently expanding into two locations with multiple remote home workers. With a small IT staff, VNC saves time and makes it easy troubleshoot. Previously, I tried to make video/screen conferencing solutions work and it just wasn't the right product. That is why I turned to VNC. We deployed VNC with the cloud brokering feature across all of our networks.
Read Cory Brester's full review
Dr. Jim Bidlack | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 14, 2018

VNC Connect is GREAT!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

VNC Connect is GREAT! It is the only program on my college campus that can be used to access computers using different operating systems. VNC can be used on systems as old as Windows XP and all the way up through the most modern systems. It is fast, easy-to-use, and secure. I use it every day and it allows me to access my office computer during evenings and weekends when students need help ASAP. VNC Connect simply makes my job easier and more fun to do. Hooray for VNC Connect!
Read Dr. Jim Bidlack's full review
September 07, 2018

VNC Got Me out of a Sticky Situation

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our organization uses VNC to connect to remote PCs in the field. We can connect to multiple PCs from one control room and monitor/operate machinery in real time. This machinery is spread across a large area and this one remote station allows for the monitoring and operation of each from one centralized location.
August 08, 2018

Best remote support tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used VNC Connect to remote access to some of our servers and workstations. It's a great tool for remote troubleshooting for my users.
Paul Li | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2018

VNC Connects You to the World

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We tried VNC Connect for our organization and found really good features offered within the product. We even experimented with using it to remotely connect to a computer from our Los Angeles office to a computer in our Amsterdam office. VNC Connect really solves the problem of troubleshooting issues as if you're sitting right in front of the computer at that remote location.
Read Paul Li's full review
Kurt Ferguson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2017

RealVNC really is the best of breed for remote machine access

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use RealVNC frequently. We have it installed on every single virtual desktop we have, which is approximately 600. We also have it installed on all company desktops and laptops as our primary means of doing remote support on machines while on our network. It makes remoting into both VDIs and physical machines very simple and easy. We use it every single day.
Read Kurt Ferguson's full review
David Whittaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 28, 2017

An excellent remote access tool.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

VNC Connect was being used to support other departments and remote users when IT support was required. Being able to view a user's screen in real-time was a huge advantage when troubleshooting a wide assortment of day to day problems. This would save time, money and the mental health of both parties.
Read David Whittaker's full review
Angel Swalve | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 15, 2017

VNC, reliable, user friendly, keeps us working quicker and more efficiently.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our organization uses VNC to remotely connect with our campuses and administration offices. [This] allows us to work more efficiently by providing support to end users without having to travel to each location. VNC is being used across the whole organization. VNC addresses the problem of having enough technicians and support personnel to travel to each location to provide troubleshooting assistance. Our district is too large to physically go to each location every time an employee needs assistance. VNC allows us the opportunity to provide fast and efficient service.
Read Angel Swalve's full review
Seth Arnoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 11, 2017

To RealVNC or to not RealVNC, that is the question

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RealVNC is being used for a small subset of servers within my organization. We share the connections with the IT Department, as it provides a more secure and has better performance connecting to our servers than Remote Desktop. The quickness of connecting with a strong encryption lets us access tools and applications we need quickly and efficiently.
Read Seth Arnoff's full review
Scott Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2017

Stable and always working

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use RealVNC on Windows/Linux servers that we support. On computers that don't have a human being using it 24/7 we need to have remote support whenever needed.
Read Scott Cook's full review
Constantine Perenne | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2015

The real truth of Real VNC

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I haven't had a chance to use the enterprise version, but the free version is fantastic! I constantly find myself switching between RealVNC and Dameware. They both accomplish the same thing, and RealVNC is just as good as remote desktop. If you don't have any experience with this, and use something else, you should definitely give it a shot. I know there is a Chrome extension, which sounds fantastic, but I use Firefox. Overall, very happy with the software.
Read Constantine Perenne's full review
Michael Mei | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 05, 2015

Feel like sitting next to the PC without sitting there physically? Try RealVNC.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have many advertisement players in our campus. Since there are so many of them, we can't run around to see what's playing. And RealVNC resolves all the problems of running around to just see what's playing. We can see all players' screen in a computer. And of course, we can control all the players we want.
Read Michael Mei's full review
Randall Hobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 09, 2015

RealVNC Couldn't Be Better!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using RealVNC for years - I currently use it on my home server, which I have set up with Linux and X11VNC, and I use RealVNC to connect to it remotely (tunneled through SSH). The setup is super simple, and allows me to work on it as if I were sitting at the server working, no matter where I am. I have quite a few virtual machines that run under VirtualBox on this system, and it allows me to operate those with absolutely no issues as well. It's dependable and rock stable. Overall, I would highly recommend RealVNC, both the client and the server (on systems that support it). It has always done exactly what I needed it to - I couldn't ask for more.
Read Randall Hobbs's full review
Matt Medley | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2015

Simple, Easy to understand review of RealVNC

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use RealVNC within my organization for multiple tasks. It's a quick and easy way to remote into a users PC and resolve an issue. We also use it to remote into servers at sites all across the US and in other countries. Since RealVNC has an easy to use interface, it's very quick to pick it up and use it when needed.
Read Matt Medley's full review
Shon Lindsay | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2014

14 year tech pro endorses REALVNC

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm a Computer Analyst and Real VNC is being used to support all users remotely with software issues across and international platform in a migrating platform of Windows XP to Windows 7. It enables me to log into a machine that's authenticated to our network.
Read Shon Lindsay's full review

Screen sharing (20)
9.7
File transfer (8)
Instant message (12)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (4)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (9)
6.7
Over-the-Internet remote session (22)
Initiate remote control from mobile (14)
Remote management of servers & workstations (6)
4.7
Centralized management dashboard (10)
Session record (1)
Annotations (6)
5.3
Monitoring and Alerts (3)
Multi-platform remote control (5)

About VNC Connect

VNC® Connect is a remote access desktop. It enables users to remotely access and control their devices wherever they are in the world, whenever they need to. VNC® Connect covers a wide range of remote access use cases with a single subscription.

VNC Connect Features

Remote Administration Features
Has featureScreen sharing
Has featureFile transfer
Has featureInstant message
Has featureSecure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Has featureAccess to sleeping/powered-off computers
Has featureOver-the-Internet remote session
Has featureInitiate remote control from mobile
Does not have featureRemote management of servers & workstations
Does not have featureRemote Active Directory® management
Has featureCentralized management dashboard
Does not have featureSession record
Has featureAnnotations
Does not have featureMonitoring and Alerts
Has featureMulti-platform remote control

VNC Connect Competitors

LogMeIn Central, TeamViewer, BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes