Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Score 8 out of 10
Our department used Vsphere Operations Management as a solution for disaster recovery in our environment. It was only used by a few people here on our staff. This did solve our plans for server recovery in a way that is automated. It basically scripts the powering on of replicated virtual machines into a different network.
- The best thing about VSOM is that it's built into VCenter so you only have one point of administration
- VSOM does a great job of making applications intuitive
- Re-IPing virtual machines are a must and VSOM does a great job of making this a simple process
- The installation of VSOM is very tedious
- It uses an MS SQL database
- It should be able to adjust for hardware modifications in VCenter
Read Kurt Pritchett's full review
Vsphere Operation Management is suitable for automating the process of bringing up an alternate data center in case of a disaster. It also is a great way for testing your readiness of disaster. You have the ability to bring up a server in a "bubble" for testing. This way you can show your admins how the failover process will work.
VSOM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
VSOM from VMware delivers vSphere server virtualization but also adds capacity management and performance monitoring features.
Categories: Server Virtualization
VSOM Technical Details