Reviews (1-11 of 11)
- In the newest version, the timeline allows you to control each asset individually in a way that mimics video auditing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Camtasia
- I love the way you can replace an object and the new object will automatically take on the formatting of the object it is replacing including, location, size, expression, duration on the timeline, etc.
- I really enjoy the spotlights on other user's videos. Even when I don't have time to read the full article, watch the full video, or attend the webinars, this is usually enough to give me new ideas to try out when making my own videos
- I appreciate the ample notice when things are changing. For example, the platform will be updated at the end of the year, but I have had access to the new format since June(ish) so I've had time to play around with it and get used to it. By the time the legacy format is retired I won't have any problems adjusting to the new format or functionality.
- While the upcoming change has been well communicated, the details of the change are a little fuzzy. A more complete message would have been better, for example, at one point I think there was going to be a change in pricing, but now I can't find any evidence of that. I'm not sure if it's because I misunderstood an email, or because the company changed directions, either way it was a little confusing.
- While I love that Vyond holds webinars aimed at helping users improve the content they create, they tend to be a bit slow and stick to the very basics. I'd like to see more advances topics and an approach that doesn't assume the user has never used the platform before.
- Easy to use features that help you create the story behind your video.
- There are collaboration tools (if you have the right plan) that help you work on a video as a team.
- I like the different styles of video that you can choose from.
- It would be nice if they added more styles to choose from for more variety.
- The ability to create custom/personalized characters could use more features.
- More poses, objects and styles will make these feel less generic and more professional.
- User-friendly with no video experience.
- Affordable for a marketing budget.
- Quality is good.
- Takes time to get the swing of it.
- You need to rely on your team's creativity.
- If you don't have microphone equipment, the sound over the video isn't great.
- Allows us to make high-quality animated videos in-house and eliminate the spending with agencies to do something that we can do ourselves.
- Ease of use. The fact we could use it day one without any help speaks volumes. There weren't weeks of onboarding and training, it was a similar set-up with other presentation products and that allowed us to get up and go quickly.
- We were able to take voice, sound effects, music and add them to the video and edit without much trouble at all.
- The limitations were only from us, not from what we hoped to get out of Vyond.
- Great selection of pre-made slides to implement.
- Easily lip-sync your narration with the animated character.
- Huge array of quality characters and assets.
- Possibly make the interface a bit more detailed in order to show the triggers on assets at all times.
- Allow more functions to be available when your right click.
- The ability to easily transfer from video to video that have previously been produced.
- Creating your own characters provides more diversity in the same style of character than other vendors.
- It is quick and easy to use. Small learning curve.
- You can import your own assets.
- Mouths sync to audio automatically.
- Their library searches are not very good. Images aren't tagged well, and character poses are difficult to find.
- As much as I love the diversity of the character library, it still has a lot of room for improvement (although it still stands above others).
- There are a lot of simple character poses that seem so obvious that are missing from the library.
- The ability to draw and create custom objects in GoAnimate would be awesome. Right now, using shapes is clumsy.
- It would be really cool to be able to edit audio.
An image is worth a thousand words, so let’s imagine the impact of a video when you want to explain an idea. That’s definitively a more engaging way.
The issue is that the cost of a professionally produced video will start at €2,000 depending on its length. This is definitively a significant cost for a small company, if we needed to create multiple short animated videos for our business. Video can demonstrate products and services and explain concepts. Some concepts can sometimes be boring and they need to be explained; if we want to hold the interest of the employees or customers, the video is the better choice. We also develop eLearning modules and they include a mix of lessons, interactions and videos. We include short animated videos or whiteboards in eLearning modules developed with the authoring tool iSpring Suite. These videos are a way to offer more engaging courses and to maintain the learners interest and to improve the user experience.
We looked through different sites, and GoAnimate definitively seems to be the better choice for ease of use, a complete set of powerful features and the ability to customize everything, and the right mix of cost.
GoAnimate lets us make amazing animated videos so easily and quickly. It's just fun creating videos with GoAnimate!
- Rich set of templates - GoAnimate comes with a large set of customizable templates, which is a collection of preanimated assets. We can change anything: the colors, the backdrop. We can add a camera zoom, customize the transition, and adjust any scene on the timeline. We can also import our own images.
- Characters - We definitively like the custom character creator which allows to create any custom character from any existing one. We can customize any part: the head, the eyes, the mouth, the clothes… That’s just fun playing with the characters. And we can make the characters talk!
- Audio - GoAnimate allows us to add voices in different ways: micro recording, upload a file, text-to-speech. The text-to-speech feature comes with multiple languages. The French voices work pretty well for short texts. This is definitively time saving. GoAnimate comes with a library of music tracks. The number of tracks depends of the subscription plan. Of course, we can also add music and sound effects in uploading our own files.
- Export - Once the video is completed, we only need to save it and export it. The output options depend of the subscription plan.
- Update - It’s great to be able to edit/update a video at anytime.
- As GoAnimate is a web service, it requires you to have a good Internet bandwidth or you could experience some slowness issues when editing the video.
- Having the ability to upload your own images into the program is one of its greatest features. This allows you to really customize the output to your organization. You're able to really make things come to life this way!
- I really enjoy the way the scenes build upon each other so that you don't have to rebuild something from scratch each time as you might have to do with other programs.
- The ability to customize characters is a fantastic feature of the program. In our organization we've used it to create 'characters' who look like actual people in our organization. That, coupled with voiceovers from the actual associates adds a nice touch to the videos.
- It would be nice if you were to remove an object from a scene that was in the middle of your video, the program would send a prompt to ask if you'd like to remove it from all future scenes as well. Often, I will add something, only to be asked to take it out later and the only way to do this now is to delete it from each scene individually. I wouldn't want it to do it by default, because sometimes I really do just want to take it from 1-2 scenes, but if it was an option, that would be great!
- If there was a feature available to automatically attach a voice file to a particular scene when uploaded based on the name of the file. For example, if the program gave you a suggested file name for each scene, you could create all your voiceovers with those particular file names and then bulk upload and have the system automatically attach the files to their respective scenes. That would be very nice and save a lot of time!
- GoAnimate is easy to learn; anyone can do it.
- GoAnimate provided soundtracks and voices for free.
- It wasn't that expensive to use our own logo and create our own animations.
- Although the library of objects is extensive in some cases, it's very limited in others.
- Sometimes editing could have been a little more intuitive.
- More voices would have been great.
Vyond Scorecard Summary
Vyond Technical Details