- TRAINING: Reduce the need for time-intensive training manuals with next-generation contextual help.
- SUPPORT: Reduce the number of support tickets related to learning new functionality.
- ADOPTION: Increase adoption of new features.
- I would like to see WalkMe's search provider integration enhanced to allow searching websites using SSO (i.e. trusted search for authenticated users).
My company offers a relatively robust media planning and buying platform. WalkMe allows us to proactively provide step-by-step instructions for users of our platform as well as generate important messages on site without relying on our development team.
- WalkMe allows us to generate very specific step-by-step instructions on certain workflows within our media buying platform.
- WalkMe allows us to look in on a user's experience to trouble shoot user reported issues.
- WalkMe allows us to easily connect our web-based knowledge center into our application.
- The set up of Walkme is very time intensive and requires a great deal of effort to implement effectively.
- WalkMe only offers a firefox extension to use their tools.
- WalkMe's insights aren't as useful as I'd like.
WalkMe would be less appropriate on an application that is very user friendly and intuitive.
- Easy to create pop up / shoutouts
- Possibility to personnalise the user based on certain criteria
- Possibility to have very detailed tutorials
- Fairly easy to start using and implementing
- Not so easy to know which user is doing what
- Integration with other softwares
Not so good to integrate it as part of your customer lifecyle - you'd want CSM to know which walk throughs their clients have done
Inline help is provided using the WalkMe launchers. Launchers allow us to place an icon, image, or text next to an element on a page to provide contextual help or launch a guided walk-thru on how to complete a process.
WalkMe is managed by a single department here, however it is seen and used by our entire organization, because we use it throughout the customer's life with us.
- Walk-thrus: It's their bread and butter and where they excel. I can take someone that is familiar with our product and using WalkMe they can quickly build engaging walk-thrus that walk a user from the beginning to the end of a process. Using the logic engine built into WalkMe they can build rules for error messages, wrong turns, abandoned pages, or even steps that require them to wait while they leave our system and come back a day later.
- Launchers: Another one of their staples, but a great tool. We can tie these launchers to an element on a page and quickly add help to a page. We have also used this to overcome design flaws. We added a button to a page and it is used more than the hardcoded link to the same page.
- Goals: Goals can be added to each walk-thru and allow us to track the effectiveness of our walk-thrus and the behavior of our users. Sometimes a walk-thru will expose unexpected behaviors of our users. Goals will also continue to track after a user closes the walk-thru. So we will still know the outcome of a walk-thru even if the users feels that they can continue without the walk-thru.
- Firefox plugin: The only time I use Firefox is when building a walk-thru. I would like to be able to use Chrome to build the walk-thrus.
- Logic: Walk-thrus, Launchers, Shoutouts and walk-thru steps use different logic. I can't always fire something based on a click or URL when sometimes I would like to.
- Design: You can use CSS to customize the look of your walk-thrus, but there isn't a way to remove the sidebar color of the walk-thrus.
WalkMe Scorecard Summary
WalkMe is a Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) that promises to transform the user experience in "today’s overwhelming digital world." Using artificial intelligence, analytics, engagement, guidance and automation, WalkMe offers a transparent overlay that assists users to complete tasks easily within any enterprise software, mobile application or website. Founded in 2011, WalkMe software is used by more than 1,500 enterprises globally, including over 30 percent of Fortune 500 companies.
WalkMe Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
WalkMe Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||All Countries|
|Supported Languages:||All Languages|