Watson IoT Platform
Watson IoT Platform
Watson IoT platform has been explored for the last year, and a number of use cases are being deployed. The one that I am most interested …
We use IBM Watson IoT as a centralized service for connecting our sensors, service transceivers, and backend in the development stage of …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Watson IoT Platform, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
The IBM Watson IoT Platform is an Internet-of-things is a managed cloud-hosted solution supporting device connectivity, control, visualization, and overall device visibility and management. It provides a UI where users can add and manage devices, control access to IoT service, and monitor usage. With its device management service, users can perform device actions like rebooting or updating firmware, receive device diagnostics and metadata, or perform bulk device addition and removal.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- The asset information is available in both static and dynamic format (from thermal images, to OEM data, to time series data). The ability to ingest all the information using a single platform has great value.
- Another benefit is a seamless integration with Maximo. This has been a challenge with other 3rd party systems available.
- The experience of IBM Maximo systems updates is positive.
- IBM, in general, lacks strong front-end consultants, and is still a software sales driven company.
- Customers need a lot of help identifying the "real" problem, which could be caused by their process, people, or maybe a technology. IBM with its experience can help.
- I understand that IBM will soon offer a holistic Asset Performance Management solution, because until now it has been a tactical level solution. Watson has a place in the overall package
- Centralized dashboard - Having a centralized dashboard for all IoT devices is super helpful and greatly decreases the overhead for this type of development.
- Super easy to integrate - The UI, documentation, and tutorials are extensive and well-designed, so getting the entire system up and running is quite easy.
- Extensive integrations and compability - Watson IoT has extensive compatability with devices and data types, making it easy to integrate an entire IoT ecosystem.
- Some of the tutorials could use a little more improvement - While there is a considerable amount of documentation, most of the good documentation for Watson IoT we found to be from third-parties.
- Administration and billing tools could use a bit more improvement - The UI is a bit clunky and poorly-designed here.
- Be prepared to work with IBM support to get this going - Their turn-around support for inquiries can be lengthy, and setup time may also be quite lengthy because of this.