Wayk Now Reviews

I'm currently using Wayk Now in my business mainly for remote assist sessions with clients that call the helpdesk and need remote support via a remote session. It allows quick access to the client's machine after running them through where to download it and then to run it and read out the ID code so I can connect to their Wayk Now from mine.
  • Wayk Now has 3 authentication methods to use when connecting in to a remote Wayk Now instance - Secure Remote Password (the app password), Secure Remote Delegation (the OS credentials which is used to gain elevated rights should they be required) and finally Prompt for Permission which is very handy if your client isn't IT literate so they just get a prompt to click on to authenticate with the app that way. From what I've seen in other remote assist apps, this is fairly unique.
  • Another new feature that I think gives Wayk a slight edge over the competition is a new graphics codec for the video feed from the client app called GFWX. Again its certainly a unique take on this problem of streaming the video to the client ends app. Basically it means that the image quality is a lot better for a lot less bandwidth because of the codec's compression.
  • The last point that Wayk Now does well is its integration with the other Devolutions products such as Remote Desktop Manager in which you can create Wayk Now session entries so that you can build up a DB of your clients/your own unattended Wayk Now instances that you can open from within RDM.
  • I will say that Wayk Now is still a very young product so it's still a bit rough around the edges, but Devolutions is updating Wayk Now with fixes and improvements and new features at an incredibly rapid pace. So it's worth sticking with it even if you feel its lacking in some areas.
  • We still do not have the ability to start a remote assist session from a web page/URL like you can with some of the competition's products. But I'm hoping that will come very soon.
Wayk Now keeps up with its competition really well seeing as it's so much younger than the majority of those products. Also, it's cross OS/device support is extremely good so you should be able to connect to any OS required from Wayk Now. The star point that for me puts it ahead of the alternatives is that its now free to use commercially on OS's such as Windows Server 2016/2019 without any restrictions, TeamViewer was a nightmare in that respect because as soon as it detected you were connecting to a remote instance installed or running on a Server OS it capped your session time to 5 mins until you paid for it.
Logan Poe profile photo
I use it to access a few systems in our environment. I do not use it too much since we have to have people on the other computer giving us the access. Only IT uses this application in our environment because the other employees do not need the remote access that we do.
  • Quick, very fast processing
  • Reliable, can be used more than once without issues
  • Easy to use, simple interface and straightforward
  • Doesn't allow users to take control without intervention on the other computer.
  • Needs both an ID and a passcode like TeamViewer.
  • Needs to be installed manually
It is a product that is very small footprint that allows remote control.Can be used very efficiently and effectively in a small environment. That would be up to 50 computers. You can use this in a larger environment but it would require multiple techs to cover. Currently I am the only helpdesk tech in my company.
Read Logan Poe's full review
Chris Reddy profile photo
I am a seasoned user of Devolutions' product Remote Desktop Manager which is excellent but also needed a lightweight and efficient tool to connect with locations around the world. Wayk Now has a very small footprint (under 5 MB), and installs very fast and allows for just a single click to connect to a remote station. It also integrates directly with Remote Desktop Manager so you can save your frequently used connections. It's a huge time saver and is very reliable.
  • It has a small footprint
  • Ease of setup and connections to remote computers
  • Very fast load time
  • Ability to set firewall rules on the client and host more efficiently
It is well suited for any remote shadowing/connecting needed to perform. If you are needing to share drives from your location station to the host it does not yet allow for that.
Read Chris Reddy's full review
Thomas Higgins profile photo
I am using Wayk Now to do shared desktop support when working on our servers with another user at the local site. It allows me to see what the other user is doing so I can help correct the situation that the user is unable to— be it due to access permissions, user knowledge, or other constraints.
  • Wayk Now makes it really easy to use by having only a few items in view.
  • It is fairly easy to configure and even allows connectivity through firewalls.
  • It maintains the connection, even over a relatively low bandwidth connection.
  • Requires an agent install on the remote computer (or a full Wayk install). Would like to see a tool that allowed someone to connect to my WAYK invite, and use the services remotely so that it is a true no-touch on the remote server.
  • Limited feature set (by design, but if you are looking for a full featured remote support product, this probably isn't it). Of course since this is by design it could be considered a pro.
Wayk Now is particularly well suited to an internal company support system where it can be installed on the base image and each user can then send an invite to share screens. This can be used well beyond "support" calls to enhance collaboration between any two users/machines. It would also work well for external support where you know users can install or allow installation of software remotely. With the DEN server, this *may* not be an issue, but I haven't used that approach to be able to review.
Read Thomas Higgins's full review
Ron van Elteren profile photo
I started out using Devolution's Remote Desktop Manager, which I like a lot! It made my professional life so much easier. But where RDM has its shortcomings (at least for what I use it for), we can overcome it by using Wayk Now. It is absolutely a great product! So easy to connect to our customers with a single click. Especially the integration with RDM, which holds even more remote sessions to our customers, it quickly became crucial in our organization. I can honestly recommend Wayk Now to everyone struggling connecting to computers or servers over the internet.
  • Once installed on a computer or server (and connected to the internet), it's just a single click to connect to that server or computer.
  • Very lightweight application, just a couple of MBs.
  • The possibility to create a customer application with the company logo.
  • Sometimes firewall rules need to be created in order to make the connection work.
For me, Wayk Now is good to avoid setting up VPN connections (and RDP into the remote machines) while still maintaining good security.
Read Ron van Elteren's full review
Wayk Now is used by the IT department for supporting users remotely and for accessing our own systems while on on-site repairs. It makes resources available that are remote by allowing us to access our computers like they are with us even though they may be on the other side of the campus.
  • Remote access to PC
  • Multiple display access
  • Easy install by non-technical users.
  • It was initially somewhat expensive.
It is ideal for a smaller business that has a large campus or multiple remote locations. It works well to help minimize travel and effort. It also allows for file transfer over the remote connection, which even though it is not necessary for most environments (since Shares take care of this), is helpful.
Tommy Boucher profile photo
The primary software used by my department to remote control computers of employees for support purpose doesn't not support Linux. We had to find an alternative. Wayk works very nice, but we mainly use it for Linux since it is still in a very early stage. We heard that many features are coming, and we can expect to replace our solution by Wayk in the future.
  • Compression is very fast, and low CPU Usage.
  • Clean, easy to understand
  • Multi Platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, with mobile client...)
  • They don't have unattended access yet.
  • We don't like the feature where they can share their "number" and have someone not from the company access their computers.
Since the product is in an early stage, it is more suitable for small deployment, where you can have someone on both side to share numbers/approvals. They will develop, and I bet they will have a lot of business case.

I know that they are working on recording, unattended access, more control, etc.
Read Tommy Boucher's full review
Ben Liebowitz profile photo
I'm using Wayk Now to connect to my work PC from home. I also use it to connect to my home PC from the office. I connect to my work PC to fix issues after hours. I also connect to my home PC to test things in my home lab. I'm able to connect from my laptop, my tablet, or my phone!
  • Very simple setup!
  • Ease of Use
  • Great remote control of remote PC
  • Ports need to be opened/allowed through a firewall for use.
  • Doesn't remember previously connections.
  • No Ability to search for connections by name.
Wayk is a great tool for remotely controling your PC. I use the tool to help my mom when she has issues with her PC. I use it to help friends troubleshoot problems, or if someone wants to show me something on their PC. I love that I can easily transfer files also.
Read Ben Liebowitz's full review
Chris Thibeau profile photo
I use Wayk Now in place of TeamViewer for remote support of family and friends' computers. The installer is fast and simple, and the interface is easy to navigate and explain to those less tech savvy over the phone.
  • Easy to install
  • Simple to navigate UI
  • Easy to explain over the phone
  • Requires admin rights to run, even after installed
[It's] great for one-off support scenarios.
Read Chris Thibeau's full review
We began to deploy Wayk, by using the free version to support our users. Currently, it's being used by our IT team. The problem is the price, first, and second, an amazingly simple to use the tool. We may connect with every user, partners and recommend to install it quickly. And, help the user. No matter where the user is.
  • Speedup support
  • Cost not much
  • Simple and easy to use interface
  • Easier to deploy
  • More automation in managing systems
  • Smaller package
If you need a low-cost solution, that just works, Wayk Now is a great option. There are other options in the market, but most came with a huge install package or update every time it connects. Less appropriate I think, is when you already use some solution. If only because of the budget, maybe you need to make a better analysis of other products too.

Screen sharing (10)
File transfer (9)
Instant message (4)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (4)
6.1
Over-the-Internet remote session (10)
Initiate remote control from mobile (8)
Centralized management dashboard (5)
Multi-platform remote control (8)

About Wayk Now

Wayk Now is Devolutions' lightweight, versatile and secure support and remote desktop solution. Within seconds, you can take control of a remote computer or allow an authorized user to take control of your computer.