- Work orders or tickets. Easy to create, search and reference in the future.
- Asset management. Keep track of all your assets, who they are assigned to, purchase date, price, vendor. Assets can also be linked to work orders so you can reference the number of issues you had with a particular device.
- Projects are a nice feature. If you have a project that involves work spanning multiple work orders, you can add them to a project and have all information in one location without the need to spend hours searching for each work order associated with a large job.
- I have read reviews where some people comment that the interface "looks dated". I am a believer in function over form. The interface is just eye candy and if it works well, why would you want to re-code software just to make it look different? I like the interface and can quickly find the functions I need. As for room for improvement? Well, that would depend on your location and what types of data you prefer to have access to. For me, the program is great the way it is.
- Web+Center keeps a searchable knowledge base of all past issues. This makes it easy to search for solutions to recurring issues.
- Web+Center makes it easy to see where techs are spending their time and also to see which techs are your top producers.
- The automated email and text message alerts are great to alert techs right away to reported problems.
- It would great to have an app for iphone and/or Android.
Web+Center Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Web+Center is a suite of open source, web-based help desk applications that run onsite or in the cloud and support all browser-based devices, including PCs, Macs, smart phones and tablets. With access to 100% of the source code, organizations can create the ideal customized solution for their unique business needs for applications such as IT help desk, customer support, asset tracking and facilities management. According to the vendor, community colleges, hospitals, small businesses, non-profits and government organizations love Web+Center’s rich feature set and ease of use.
The vendor’s value proposition is that their help desk offering is unique in that it offers a high return on investment by providing users with a solution that they can grow with while customizing it into a very efficient help desk for minimal cost. The vendor says it can offer this longer-term offering by providing users with 100% of the source code that is designed to be customized to include the user’s specific business functions.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Small business Edition||$400||3 techs license + 1 yr support|
|10 Tech Enterprise Edition||$6,000||10 techs license + 1 year support|
|Unlimited tech licenses||$18,000||Unlimited tech license + 1 yr support|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Cloud Hosted||$25||Per User per Month|
|Cloud Hosted - Unlimited Techs||$1,000||Per Month [Unlimited Users]|
Web+Center Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||9%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||66%|
Web+Center Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Web+Center Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|