Webexpenses review

July 03, 2022
I use Webexpenses for expenses at work, bi-monthly. It seems to work well, slight issue in uploading receipts occasionally.

Webexpeneses review

Love this site!

June 23, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Webexpenses, and make your voice heard!

• $250 starting price for implementation.Required
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.webexpenses.com/us/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $7 per month per user

What is Webexpenses?

Webexpenses is a global provider of online expense management software to businesses of all sizes across 70+ countries. The software is used across all industries, including retail, finance, technology, construction, and not for profit.

Features of the Webexpenses desktop and mobile app include cross-platform auto-sync with:

• Google Vision-powered OCR receipt scanner
  • Petty cash management
  • Automatic policy compliance
  • Corporate card automatic Intelligent Matching
  • Integrated mileage tracking + verification
  • Integration with an existing ERP

The vendor describes the benefits of Webexpenses as including:

• 3 hours saved per claim
  • Increase visibility and spend projection
  • 43% reduction in errors + fraud
  • 400% ROI, with system payback in an average of 3 months

Selling propositions of Webexpenses include:

• Flat, active-user-only pricing
  • 24/6, in-house human support via chat, email, or phone, included
  • Over 100+ software and app and feature upgrades per year, included
  • Unlimited submissions per month once active, included
  • Custom system configuration to meet your business requirements and expense policy
  • Industry-leading user adoption rate

The Webexpeneses software suite provides additional solutions for automated invoice processing, corporate travel management, payments + reimbursements and, audit. These tools can be used alongside the expense management system for the management of company spend.

Webexpenses Screenshots

Capture receipts instantly on the Webexpenses mobile app.Access Webexpenses on a desktop, iOS, Android or Windows device.Easy mileage tracking with WebexpensesReport and track all expense related spend with customisable reports.Build, submit and approve expenses at your convenience

Webexpenses Video

Webexpenses automates traditional manual expense processes, to help businesses save time and money, and improve efficiency.

Webexpenses Downloadables

Webexpenses Integrations

Webexpenses Competitors

Webexpenses Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal

Webexpenses starts at $7.

Emburse Certify and Expensify are common alternatives for Webexpenses.

Reviewers rate Implementation Rating highest, with a score of 9.4.

The most common users of Webexpenses are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Construction industry.

Geran Guerrero | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Webexpenses to claim for business expense on travel, meals, staff entertainment, IT equipment, admin expenses, medical expenses, etc. I submit my report every month and am also responsible for managing and approving monthly report expense of my team in Singapore office. At the moment, I don't see any issues using webexpenses; in fact, find it easy to use compared to other platforms I have used before.
  • Easy to fill in expense details
  • User friendly
  • Simple process
  • Easier to upload receipts
  • Less info to fill in
  • More accurate conversion to local currency
Webexpenses is well suited for Small and Medium Enterprise companies, and start-ups in monitoring the business expenses of the company. Sales teams who travel for business and constantly meet clients are the ones who will most likely use the Webexpenses platform a lot. Less suited for those who usually work from home and do not travel a lot.
I find that Webexpenses is user friendly, easy to use, and can be done very quickly on a monthly basis.
No, I only use Webexpenses for claims submission and expenses approval BUT I don't know how to automate these activities.
July 19, 2022

Webexpenses Review

We use Webexpenses for expense claims; this has replaced the legacy process that we previously had in place. We are not able to cover all expense claims in one process that includes the expense claim itself along with attaching receipts for things like petrol and purchases.
  • Ease of use
  • Quick to add receipts
  • All expenses covered in one system and process
  • Navigation between adding receipts and back to the claim could be a bit quicker
  • Complete claim in one window
  • Be able to clone claims
I highly recommend Webexpenses to anyone using a basic system to process their claims. It is much easier than filling in excel spreadsheets etc., than having this emailed or printed off for approval. Any similar manual process is very time-consuming, and the chances for mistakes are increased.
Very easy to use; I found adding the receipts and milage easy the first time with no requirement for additional training. I was able to process the whole claim very quickly and go through simple steps to complete the process.
Not applicable as I have not needed to raise a support ticket
In the last company I worked for, this was done via excel and email, which was not as efficient. The whole process from start to finish is very slick and reduces time, and then keeps users happy as opposed to making it a laborious task.
July 03, 2022

Webexpenses review

• Photograph Receipts
  • Mileage Claiming
  • Emails
  • Receipts photos transferring into expenses
  • Mileage receipts
  • Better explanations
Webexpenses is well suited, easy to use, and good for mileage tracking. Transferring into expenses can be difficult. Sometimes it doesn't register the receipts I put in straight away. Other than that all good.
Webexpenses has a good interface, easy enough to use and is easy to log in.
So far so good, easy enough to use. good app.
Yes, only once as of yet, works well
It is primarily used for all expenses, which in my case is mileage claims. It is an easy-to-use system and I can quickly complete my expenses and forward them for payment without wasting much time. It is as simple as login in, adding a claim, select a claim, virtually all are mileage in my case. Then select Date, file in freehand notes, select postcodes and a map pops out, I particularly like this and leave at defaults, the mileages are accurate, I have used systems in the past whereby you either manually put mileages in or the mileages are "as the crow fly's", this has lead to serious disputes in some cases, one colleague ended up disciplined over 10 miles in a month, due to discrepancies. You can select return, multiple points, etc, and photograph and upload receipts. The interface is well thought out and simple, no one showed me how to use it, it was obvious.
  • Mileage - an easy-to-use map with postcode entry to easily find mileage and most importantly it is accurate
  • Simple and easy-to-use interface, I was never shown how to use it, it was obvious. I cannot describe it better. It looks like it has been designed by someone that submits expenses.
  • Easy submission, just a click, and the expenses are submitted. That is all I do at the end of the month. My line manager is already there and gets emailed to approve. That is it for me.
  • Not really much, I suppose if I was picky I would say having a better route history as I tend to go to the same places.
  • I can't think of anything else, for my usage it is simple, effective and very easy to use.
I have only ever used it for mileage, the mapping is very similar to my Sat Nav so no messing about. Simple interface and easy submission. As I have said before, log on, create a claim, add mileages, you can add returns, multiple locations, etc. We are paid once a month, so it is one claim with multiple sub-claims, notes can be added, both for my manager and my recollection, I add them as I go along and then just submit them on the last day of the month. I can't really add much more, it is simple, looks simple, and is simple to use, which is great, I am not paid to spend large amounts of time doing a simple task that gets me reimbursed for doing my job.
Because the only fault I can think of is remembering old routes as I do go the same places, but it is so easy to use, I really don't need it. It is very simple, I was never shown how to use it, it is just obvious. It is quick, with a few simple stages to create a monthly submission, which saves time and allows me to concentrate on doing my job.
I understand from accounts that this was the best they evaluated, I didn't see the others, but they would have to go a long way to compete with this product. I can only speak as an end-user, but it is simple to use and saves me a lot of time.

Good tool to use

Prashant Patil | TrustRadius Reviewer
We submit our expenses to Webexpenses along with the receipt. Then our manager approves or disapproves of our costs. Once it is approved it is sent to the payment department. The payment department approves and once that is done we receive payment. Previously it used to be a very tedious workflow and we have to maintain spreadsheets but not anymore.
  • process
  • centralize system
  • easy
  • receipt processing is confusing
  • UI enhancement
  • notification in email
It is well suitable for claiming nongeneric expenses and it has good process management. From submission, management approval, admin approval, and final payment. I will recommend it should be used for any account-related transactions. I think it is suitable for all expenses since management has a good workflow.
I like current user interface and easy to use.

Webexpeneses review

Webexpenses is our main system for used for internal expenses across the whole of the organization. It helps us process and manage expenses so we can see them all together and each individual employees can have their line manager to approve this which is really handy. We can monitor this and then import reports from Webexpenses into our own accounting system with the correct coding for each expense.
  • Track and manage expenses in a user friendly way.
  • Personalize the data so you can export it in your preferred method.
  • You can personalize each category, team, etc. and choose different approvers if needed.
  • If there is an error it isn't always clear what the error is.
  • When importing data it can clash if it has special characters in it.
  • When using the system it can automatically log you out if you haven't been active in awhile.
It is well suited for processes and managing expenses. Including credit cards so that employees can then code their expenditure to the correct place and processing personal expenses claims. It is less suited to use the system to store individuals personal bank details due to GDPR and processing invoices however I haven't used this feature.
It is user friendly and most employees have no issues with using this system. It has handy help buttons and whenever support has been contacted a reply is always quick and helpful.
They can't pinpoint specific errors in certain imports which can be frustrating however with all other issues they reply quickly with a solution almost every time.
It saves so much time as claims submissions and expenses approval all is automated and set up to the correct person.
Webexpenses is a very user-friendly tool that we use on an almost daily basis. Very good integrated with our CC company. Uploading receipts is very easy and also the app for mobile devices is an excellent add-on.
  • (bulk) Uploading receipts is very easy.
  • Mobile App.
  • total overview of outstanding expenses.
  • Renaming receipts scanned in app.
  • Adding CC receipts while have opened an open claim.
  • Creating a list with known addresses for the mileage (eg: save home/office address).
Web expenses is well suited to use while traveling.
It's easy to use, both via the web GUI as via the mobile app. Adding the 'save home/work address location' would increase the usability.
Not relevant for my position.
June 23, 2022

Love this site!

We use Webexpense to get paid for all of our business expenses and have never had an issue with the site. We have used this now for over 3 years and are happy with the service they provide. Very simple and very user-friendly for the customer which is a big help.
  • Expense management.
  • Helps for a timely payout.
  • Easy to use.
  • I have no complaints.
  • I feel its very user friendly.
Used this site for over 3 yrs now and have never had an issue. Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I cant see our company ever going to an alternative as we have had no issues with Webexpense. Webexpense continues to impress around our office and I would highly recommend.
Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Easy to upload receipts and easy to upload expenses because everything is preset by your company. You just have to add the amounts of items and it figures up the totals for you. You can put several items on one claim eliminating several claims to deal with.
This has made the process of filing claims and getting reimbursed so much easier in my company. It helps us to get paid out in a timely manner which is a big upgrade from the previous company we dealt with. I would highly recommend this tool for any business paying out expenses.
Makes it very easy to be able to rely on my expenses being checked, authorized, approved, and paid all within a timely manner. Does not need multiple field inputs for basic receipts, and keeps me updated with relevant communications regarding the progress of claims. The best feature is the mileage calculator which allows the starting point and destination to be easily calculated.
  • Receipt Reading
  • Travel/Milage Calculator
  • Approval Progress Communication
  • Little confusing in finding receipts already uploaded
  • Split Journey Costs
Mobile app is great for submitting expenses on the go, removing the long task of having to do everything on a laptop once per week. Receipt recognition is also a great feature, saving time for expense submissions.
Easy to use website interface and also a very handy app for iPhone. For me, it isn't entirely useful to create a claim and then expenses within that claim - I would rather that it runs on a bi-weekly date run, but I can imagine for heavy users that the separate claim feature is much more useful.
By being able to use the mobile app to submit expenses as and when they occur rather than having to type them all out and upload receipts during admin time.
June 22, 2022

Webexpenses Review

To process expenses for travel and other work-related costs.
  • Allows for automated approvals
  • Allows to select project purposes that make expenses easy to identify
  • Overall easy user interface
  • When attaching receipts it can be difficult to work out whether they have been attached or not
  • Could offer a way for leads to select what is wrong when a payment is rejected
Well suited to standard expense payment processing and automating parts of the approval process.
Overall this is good but when it comes to attaching receipts it can be difficult to know if they have been attached to the claim without exiting out of the receipt tab to check.
Rather than going to a manager for each individual claim Webexpenses streamlines the process making it easy for everyone to manage their time and keep on top of expenses. The process can also be partly automated depending on the claim which makes it simple to know when you have filled out the claim correctly and when you have done something wrong.
I use it to manage my own expenses incurred towards the company and claim it back from the company. I also manage the expenses of my team in terms of monitoring their claims and approving the claims submitted by them with regard to any expenses they incurred towards the company-related work. I also use it to submit my corporate credit card claims.
  • Managing the expenses
  • Defining the expenses
  • Tracking the expenses
  • Approving the claims
  • More drop down options that free text
  • Prompting before approving any expenses
  • Maybe look and feel can be more better
It helps an organization track and maintain the expenses incurred by their employees regarding work and makes it easier for financial management. For employees, it's a one-stop solution to claim the money spent by them related to work and also to track and monitor the status of their claims.
I really find it very easy and helpful and the best tool to manage corporate expenses.
Manual efforts are decreased, and everything happens at the click of a button. No more emails to be sent, no more printouts, and no paperwork. Everything is digital and on a real-time basis.
Webexpenses helps me to raise claims for mileage and also validate receipts for my company credit card and saves lots of time with our finance department.
  • Automatically recognizes receipts and attaches them to claims.
  • Gives an option to calculate mileage from post codes via a map.
  • Makes category selection easier with pre-populated drop-down boxes.
  • Sometimes it is not straightforward to complete a claim, as the options do not flow simply.
  • If claims were set out in a step-by-step manner, it would be much easier for new users to follow.
I find it very good for uploading, recognizing and attaching receipts to a claim.
It could be easier to use, as it can be tricky to remember all steps when making a claim.
I haven't had the need to use the support, as our IT Department has assisted with any issues or questions I have had.
I have saved time as i don't need to attach receipts individually or find each receipt for each claim.
Webexpenses solution helps us to automate manual processes, increase spend visibility, and reduce errors, and this results in saving time and money. One-stop solution for all your employee expenses to create invoices of customers/vendors. It's a super quick and easy process which makes accounting much easier for the people who have to deal with billing, invoices, and managing budgets.
  • Expense management
  • Invoice processing
  • It works seamlessly with your organisation processes and evolves with our business.
  • Expense claim feature when it comes to travel and when we have to create in terms of KMS driven it should auto-capture the dates. This can be improved and there is the scope for improvement.
  • More tabs can be provided in petty cash expense so you need not type.
Web expense has helped us in managing, tracking, and monitoring expenses from wherever you are with seamless control and smartphone devices. Without the use of paper a fast, automated digital receipt can be processed. I also like the powerful business mileage control feature that automatically updates the expenses details of multiple credit card holders in a single click. One can also be under full control of petty cash payments with a digital and trackable tool this is also one of the unique features.
The Webexpeneses software suite provides additional solutions for automated invoice processing, corporate travel management, payments + reimbursements, and audit. Also, the best part is that these tools can be used alongside the expense management system. The software is very user-friendly with a better user interface. The interface is very easy to navigate and allows easy integration of our receipts via the website or you can you the easy-to-use app, you have an easy to access expenses history and you can quickly check your claims.
They have good customer support and whenever you need any assistance team is always available and quite supportive. The team is very knowledgeable and always ensures that the customer complaint is resolved and also proper feedback after the call.
Yes, previously we use to depend a lot on Excel and doing entries every month in processing the invoices and claim submission. Now with the help of Webexpenses, at least you don't need to worry about the month-end report which is auto-generated.
I use it to submit expense reports/claims and approve the claims submitted by other team members. The interface is easier to use than other products we've used in the past and keeps all claims well organized. Makes tracking and approving claims simpler too.
  • Easy to create custom fields on claims that fit the approvals process for our company
  • Clear, easy workflow for adding expenses to claims and creating and submitting claims.
  • Helpful email notifications take you straight into a claim that needs approving.
  • Can't think of any at the moment
It's great for managing and approving expenses tied to travel and other general corporate expenditures.
Clear menu bar and navigation within the application with easy prompts to follow.
I can upload all receipts as soon as they come through, even if the expense hasn't shown up yet. When it comes time to submit my claim I have a library of receipts to choose from saving time.
Monmouth chose webexpenses to replace their previous platform that was being retired, it's so easy to use, the map and calculation function make expensing mileage a doddle, and the ability to attach receipts is so good, and having the app means I can do it on the go and add items throughout the month rather than all at once at the end of the month in a rush! Such a great platform!
  • Mileage
  • Adding Notes
  • Receipts
  • Website loading and crashing
  • Adding reciepts to claim lines
It is really good for general expenses, especially mileage, sometimes though there can be some issues when using both the app and web versions together
Its so easy to use, after just a quick overview from a manager I had no issues
I am a line manager so I approve claims for staff that report to me its so easy to check claims and reciepts quickly
Webexpenses provides our employees with an online expense system, which replaced our old paper-based format and cuts off a great deal of admin and need for physical storage. It is efficient and easy to use.
  • Categorises expenditure
  • Allows custom reports to be built and exported
  • Easy to use format
  • Unlimited Proxy Users (Can only view so many on drop-down list at a time, which means removing one person so another name replaces it on the list. Drop down list would benefit from a scroll bar)
  • Offline Reports sometimes fail if the file size is too big, which is frustrating as it means having to export multiple smaller files
  • Users struggle with adding receipts sometimes, struggle with knowing what buttons to click or adding it to a claim line they've already created
Where there is a need to process and pay out regular Employee expenses
It is easy to use and new starters tend to pick it up quickly.
Employees used to have to complete a written expenses form, and staple all receipts to the back of it. It would then be taken to a manager for signature before being provided to the Accounts department to process for payment. Webexpenses has made the entire process more efficient by allowing expenses to be paper-free and managers are able to sign off expenses online without the need to be in the office. It has saved a lot of time.
We used to use a manual system of employees completing manual forms then e-mailing them to Line Managers for approval then e-mailing them to Finance. We had problems with expenses being submitted late and being lost, and Finance had no record of them until the time of payment. An online system solves all of these problems and gives greater control and transparency.
  • Approvals are much quicker.
  • Employees can complete claims as they travel.
  • Employees receive payment much quicker.
  • There are so many configurable options that it is sometimes hard to find what is needed.
Webexpenses links directly to Xero and so as soon as a claim is approved it is transferred and is ready to pay. There is no need to check and recheck data and all of the information is held within Xero as well as within WebExpenses. Receipts are also held electronically, so we no longer need to retain boxes of receipts!
Users do find it daunting at first, but we ran a couple of workshops and once our employees saw the system in action, they all agree that it is very easy to use. We have had no problems at all from staff and have not even had any queries raised, but it is important to be shown the system first.
The support for the initial setup was great, but since then we have only had to contact support once when we had problems uploading credit card files. The help we received at this time was not good and we ended up trying various things until we resolved the problem ourselves. The online support tutorials are good, but searching for a specific issue is difficult.
We only use the system for claims submission and approval. We do not use an invoicing module as we are happy with our current systems. Webexpenses does integrate well with Xero.
June 07, 2022

Webexpenses Review

In our Organization, we use Webexpenses as a tool to process employee expense claims. Being an Admin user, I use Webexpenses to verify claims submitted by employees and approve them to proceed with the release of payment. I also use it to submit my own expense claims. Webexpenses is very user-friendly and helps process claims faster.
  • Smooth process to submit and track your claims.
  • Detailed reporting of claims submitted and their status.
  • One stop solution to any Organization to manage their employee expenses.
  • Has an option to configure to your ERP so that it is easily exported and accounted for.
  • Separate tabs for Self and Admin accounts instead of changing accounts.
  • Showing list of all the pending claims in one click.
It takes very little time to submit your claim and hence it saves time. You can track your claim status anytime.
Overall it is good to use. Use friendly. Easy to submit and track your claims. Smooth claim processing process. From start till the claim disbursal everything is incorporated within the system.
Claim submission is faster. Also as an administrator, it is easy to check and process claims.
Simon WEATHERER | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think my business had issues collating around 40-50 people's monthly expenses with a spreadsheet that we used. We had only 1 person in the accounts looking after the expense accounts procedure. Finding Webexpenses was truly a revelation for this, as it made all the external staff more accountable for the expense procedure themselves.
  • App Based
  • Identifies receipts
  • Detailed descriptions of Categories
  • Quick upload of information
  • Exchange rates for overseas expenses
  • Photography of the receipts could be better, sometimes doesn't identify them
When traveling around in day-to-day work, being able to take photos of receipts is a godsend. You can just take photos of the receipts and throw them away as they are captured. Could be better maybe if it was linked to your card for expenses where tap and go is used especially on trains and underground this is relevant
It could be improved by the things mentioned previously like the capturing of the receipts with the photography and I would like it to incorporate international travel by having an exchange rate built-in where it can convert back to pounds. Maybe it can be linked in some way to your own credit card or debit card but overall really easy to use.
Yes, the submission process is quick and usually answered by my team straight away as they get email notification. I haven't used the invoice processing procedure, but one click for the submission process and you are done and then as mentioned the email gets sent to the manager for approval.
Webexpenses is not very user-friendly, in my opinion, but gets the job done. The app has issues with freezing, according to some of my work colleagues. They say sometimes the app crashes and the receipts need to be uploaded twice. I personally haven't experienced this problem.
  • fast processing
  • layout
  • historic information storage
  • interface
  • user friendliness
  • customer service response time
Webexpenses makes the claim process easy. It does take a while for the customer care team to get back to queries, I've found. As an experienced user, I know exactly where the tools are and how to submit my expense claims, so I do not waste time. If you know your way around the user interface, you will have no trouble. Webexpenses is an efficient and effective tool.
Webexpenses UI is not as intuitive as it could be. First-time users sometimes struggle with the app. But once you learn how to use it, the clarity and ease of use are great. Again, personally, I have not had any issues with the app. So far so good.
The support team can be a bit slow on the responses sometimes; however, overall I am satisfied with the responses I'm getting. They are clear and concise and exactly to the point. Your questions are answered effectively. The responses are thorough and I haven't had any issues.
The only aspect of Webexpenses that I have used are the expenses. I only claim expenses, upload my receipts and send the expense claims to my employer. I have not been using the invoicing function. However, I will definitely be looking at this too, as this may come in handy. In all fairness, I was not aware that there was this function available as well.
We use Webexpenses for expense reports. For instance, if we have a team event or order team swag, we upload the invoice there to get it reimbursed by the finance team. We likely use it for another type of invoices as well, but I personally haven't. It's very easy to include all the information, and bills in one place.
  • All-in-one information centre
  • Backtracking invoices
  • Expense reports
  • User interface feels a bit dated
  • Some parts are not logical to use, for instance attaching the invoice to the expense report.
  • Sometimes the interface is quite slow.
Well suited: it is quite easy to use as it only has one purpose. It has all the documents and data in one place. It's easy to backtrack on where your invoice is sitting right now, what's the status etc. Not so well suited: if you want an easy-to-use user interface.
Webexpenses, altho it works, the user interface isn't great - it is a bit dated, not so easy to use and there are some illogical parts (like attaching an invoice to your expense report. I wish it was simpler to use sometimes, having a drag-and-drop system, a better overview of reports, etc.
We have some of our invoices automatically approved, so it takes less time but still leaves a trail on who expensed what and when. It has really made a difference, compared to our older systems.
June 01, 2022

good

Uses webexpenses to submit expense reports and to approve my team's expense reports. Very easy use since the last update and the ability to download the app on the phone, take a picture of the receipt and it pre fill information on the expense sheet directly.
  • App crashes often
  • expense history for approvers not easily accessible
well suited: when receipts are easy to read less appropriate: when receipt is on PDF ( uber rides) and it doesn't have the option on the phone/app to attach a pdf receipt
sometimes app crashes which is very frustrating
never interacted with customer servivces
expense approval
As a user, I find the interface easy to use/interpret. I enter my expenses on a monthly basis. When entering expenses I rarely experience any issues.
  • Keeping me informed where my expenses are up to
  • Keeping track of expenses submitted
  • Really clean interface!!!!
  • Would like the ability to view additional details without clicking in to every claim
  • Interface looks dates
  • Would like better filters for the "My Claims Sections"
Believe a little modernization around the web interface would be a killer. But aside from that overall, I think managing expenses is brilliant! I really like the ability to see where the expense claims are up too i.e open/submitted/approved and then keeping me informed with notification on paid etc is great!
Really clean UI, love the process for submitting expenses. Perhaps instead of having loads of information on one page to submit expenses could have click-throughs, and could feel quicker and more intuitive.
Never had fault
Not for my position, no. Unable to comment.
Webexpenses helps us to organise our expenses through linking to our company credit cards and allowing us to calculate and reimburse for private mileage. The system also allows us to ensure we are adhering to policies. The system also allows us to file and store receipts in a more organised way than we used to.
  • Receipt capture and storage.
  • Calculating private mileage claims.
  • Automating receipt matching to credit card claims.
  • Progress bars and what to click next.
  • Preview expenses on notification email.
  • Link to Allstar fuel card report.
We used to have an old-fashioned way of printing out expenses along with receipts and Webexpenses allowed me as a user to constantly keep this up to date by taking photos of my receipts and uploading on the go and reducing the amount of time in one lump where I have to sit and do expenses. It also means we are less likely to lose receipts and our record-keeping is therefore more accurate.
I think the system is good but it could be more user friendly in terms of what to do next. The system is good but it takes a long time to get into it. If users can get using it straight away then there could be even more time saved for everyone involved.
I can speak from a user's perspective that this has saved me time by not bottling all of my expenses up to be done over a long time at the end of each month. I understand that this has also saved time for our accounts and branch teams as well.
May 31, 2022

Solid Product

Webexpenses is used for mileage tracking and day-to-day expenses within our business. Mostly I used it for mileage tracking. It is easy to use from any web browser and via the free provided AppStore app. Our finance staff also use it to process payments to staff on a monthly basis.
  • It's a simple interface to use.
  • It requires little or no training.
  • Adding routes is easy, plus adjusting them is easy.
  • The phone app could do with a GPS "where am I?" button, so you can track routes via GPS.
  • The route tracking doesn't always take the most sensible path.
  • The web site seems to have gotten slower over the last couple of months.
In a world where people tend to be physically separate and working from different locations, the ability not to have to store, or transport a litany of receipts into the finance department's offices makes field teams and staff much more agile. Likewise, expenses can now be entered and claimed on to go, whether on a train, in the dentist's waiting room, or halfway up a mountain.
I think it's a great system. Easy to use and pick up and run with. The interface is simple and everything is where you'd expect it to be. The colour scheme used makes everything obvious and you aren't struggling to find the right button. The cloud-based nature of the product means you aren't having to connect VPN back to the office or anything like that too.
I haven't had to use it very much. But the one time I did my request was not only dealt with in an orderly manner, but also followed up repeatedly. Nearly to the point the follow-ups became an annoyance. Overall I think that is a good thing. Solid support.