Reviews (1-25 of 320)
- Less paper being used.
- Transparency through system.
- One platform and visibility through the whole process.
- App and website don't always merge.
- Generate route calculator isn't always the route used.
- Changing route not the easiest to use.
Rather than having to hold onto my receipts until month-end, have to scan them in (which could be multiple pages), fill out a spreadsheet of the expenses incurred during that month, compile it as an email then send it over to my line manager, and accounts, I can simply take a picture of a receipt, let the system auto-generate the claim with a small amount of input from myself and send it to the relevant person. I can then track it as it gets paid back to myself.
It's suited to scenarios where multiple monthly expenses are incurred and even when there are just a few. I believe it suits all situations and there is nothing it cannot be adapted for.
- Fuel receipts so ISG can claim tax relief on VAT.
- Journey distance by postcode which also utilises mapping.
- Type of expense the claim is charged (overhead, project specific, etc.).
- Vehicle tax banding/CO2.
- Names of the approvers on a 3 tier approval hierarchy.
- The new feature of start, finish and intermediate stops using postcodes and a map for each journey is very easy to use and you can drag the journey route to where you want it.
- Capturing fuel receipts is very easy using the app on my mobile phone which avoids having to send in the paper copies of receipts.
- Being able to easily see past journeys and claims to retrieve postcode information and journey length is very useful.
- Sometimes the automatic distance calculator gives different distances despite using the same postcodes. If I did the same journey 2-3 times in a row I may get a slightly different overall distances and subsequently more or less money paid back to me which can be frustrating at times.
- The calendar for choosing the date for the each claim automatically defaults to the current month rather than staying on the month that you chose for the previous claim. I do my whole months mileage claim the following month i.e Mays claim in June and as a result I have to change the month on the drop down calendar on each and every claim!
- Sometimes its not obvious what the issue is with submitting a claim and it just says there is a problem which you have to try and resolve yourself.
I only use it for fuel so cannot comment on other scenarios!
Any issues I've had with usability I've been able to sort out myself.
The app on my phone means I can take photos of my fuel receipts and upload to the fuel claim rather than posting the hard copies to accounts.
- The app allows you to photograph receipts and allocate to contracts removing the risk of these receipts being lost.
- The app calculates travel costs by inputting the start and finishing postcodes.
- Sometimes it isn't clear when receipts have been attached.
- Able to send automatic reminders for aging transactions, removing time spent manually chasing
- The support team is always available and extremely responsive
- The app is quick and easy to use
- The reports are slightly limited, it seems difficult sometimes to extract the information needed without having to manipulate manually out of Webexpenses
- Blank receipts keep uploading to our users account causing unnecessary noise on their accounts, the support team do remove these when I contact them but it would be better if it stopped happening at all!
I use it on the go being in sales, so the mobile app is great for quickly adding things in so I don't forget.
Very easy to use and I didn't need any training.
- Easy to use
- Easy mobile app
- Keeps things in one place (receipts, etc.)
- Accurately tracks mileage.
- Easy to use.
- App on phone is handy when out of office.
- App stability - can sometimes crash when adding photos of receipts.
- Mobile app
- Online platorm
- Administration module could be more clutter free
- Reports most customisable
- Credit card process can be improved
In my case I work as IT support on customer sites so do not visit the Head Office at all in my normal working schedule.
The fact all the back up for the expenditure can done digitally makes the claim for expenses so easy, and easily reviewed by the account department.
- Digital entry of receipts - great for users in the field.
- Detailed entry of expenses simplifying the review of data.
- Entries supplied via webpage or phone app.
- After each entry when you go to add a receipt it always asks if you want to save the item.
- Have problems loading receipts via the phone app if a claim isn't open.
- Not sure if it is me but copying an item does not seem intuitive.
- Mobile use.
- User friendly platform.
- Reliable access.
- The adding photos feature is confusing.
- Easy to use.
- Clear and concise.
- Very user friendly.
I love the ability to take and upload photos of receipts, it saves me having to trawl through large amounts of receipts and ensures I don't miss any!
- I carry a float and use Webexpenses to replenish it.
- It is an easy way of keeping an account of miscellaneous expenditure.
- It goes directly to my expenses bank account.
- Speed up approval system, probably a company issue not Webexpenses.
- Takes a bit of getting used to adding attachments.
- Rectify errors quickly.
- Simple to use.
- Easy to work.
- Invoices don't really require so many lines.
- Sometimes the dates show up wrong if it is an American Invoice.
- Easily match receipts to charges.
- Super user-friendly app.
- Simple approval process.
- It defaults to logging expenses as items that should be reimbursements to the employee, instead of defaulting to credit card expense, or allowing the end user to chose the default.
- Android and iOS app support.
- Easily receipt snap and capture feature.
- Ease of claiming personal expenses.
- Mileage claim procedure.
- Better receipt capture and processing.
- Credit card statement uploading method.
- Manages expenses easily.
- Adding expenses has never been easier.
- Reduces paper workload.
- Making the website more colourful.
- Adding notification for when a claim has been approved.
- Making the app faster.
- Holds info online without saving manual receipts.
- Easy to use platform.
- Automatically calculates expenses based on the postcodes you input into the system.
- App is sometimes a little slow and fiddly.
- Sometimes it doesn't save and you have to re input the details.
- be good to connect a whole team together under the same portal.
- Logs expenses.
- Logs receipts.
- Allows workflows/approvals.
- Keeps a copy of past claims.
- Optical readers to pull text out of receipts would be good.
- A better user interface - it's a little clunky.
- Less steps to save a log.
- Calculate distance including 'via' if several sites have been visited in one day.
- Easy to navigate with useful multiple functions.
- Mobile app.
- Templates to make repeat entries easier.
- Able to select the right category for each expense.
- Able to adjust mileage when driving to match your actual journey.
- Able to attach receipts easily for reference.
- On mileage can a function be added so to and from journeys can be different.
- The map that gives you the exact distance between your destinations.
- Collective groups of your expenses - can split into separate different sub categories.
- Does the maths for you.
- A lot of the writing is quite small and hard to read.
- Quite a lot of writing on the pages.
- Colour scheme is a bit dull.
- Uploading of receipts is quick and simple.
- It has a very user-friendly interface and is easy to navigate.
- The upload of credit card statements is very useful and avoids lots of manual entry.
- When sending receipts by email, if you don't remove your email signature it will upload these images as receipts - possibly hard to fix, but would be great if it could be.
- Sometimes the uploaded receipts can look small and unclear on the screen and it can be hard to distinguish one from another.
- Easy to use.
- Reminders of thresholds and required documents.
- Fast and intuitive.
- Better mobile support.
- Easy to take pictures through the app and save them right into receipts.
- Easy to review archived claims.
- Easy to see historical data.
- The app unpaired my phone while on the road and so I couldn't use it for the duration of the trip.
- Confusing pushing "Receipts" and "My Receipts" around.
- Hard to add a new client.
- Time Saving
- Good Pricing
- Can be a little awkward to process receipts with multiple VAT rates on the same receipt.
- Good for keeping data held in one place
- Good for managing authorization of expenses
- Good for flagging if someone is trying to claim over expense limits
- We originally purchased it to use for time management and then at implementation this wasn't possible
- The email notifications could be better
- It could be easier to navigate
Webexpenses Scorecard Summary
What is Webexpenses?
Webexpenses is a global provider of online expense management software to businesses of all sizes across 70+ countries. The software is used across all industries, including retail, finance, technology, construction, and not for profit.
Features of the Webexpenses desktop and mobile app include cross-platform auto-sync with:
- Google Vision-powered OCR receipt scanner
- Petty cash management
- Automatic policy compliance
- Corporate card automatic Intelligent Matching
- Integrated mileage tracking + verification
- Easy integration with your existing ERP
The vendor describes the benefits of Webexpenses as including:
- 3 hours saved per claim
- Increase visibility and spend projection
- 43% reduction in errors + fraud
- 400% ROI, with system payback in an average of 3 months
Selling propositions of Webexpenses include:
- Flat, active-user-only pricing
- 24/6, in-house human support via chat, email, or phone, included
- Over 100+ software and app and feature upgrades per year, included
- Unlimited submissions per month once active, included
- Custom system configuration to meet your business requirements and expense policy
- Industry-leading user adoption rate
The Webexpeneses software suite provides additional solutions for automated invoice processing, corporate travel management, payments + reimbursements and, audit. These tools can be used alongside the expense management system for the management of company spend.
Webexpenses Videos (2)
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Webexpenses Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Webexpenses Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|