Webexpenses Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

July 04, 2021
Avnish Pankhania | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's used throughout the whole organization to replace a traditional system of sending an Excel spreadsheet of monthly expenses to your line manager with copies of the receipt in order to claim the expense back. It provides a one-system platform rather than email chains and scanned documents which are inefficient and cumbersome. It allows more than just expenses but rather mileage and professional subscription fees, plus the ability to map your exact route rather than a pre-determined route which may not always be correct. It solves an issue with time in that one platform is used where transparency is included in order to see the claim through every process. It also solves the issue of accuracy which previously relied on somebody manually entering data, checking to see if receipts had been added, or chasing missing data. This system doesn't allow the claim to be sent if certain information is missing, therefore creating accuracy from source and input.
  • Less paper being used.
  • Transparency through system.
  • One platform and visibility through the whole process.
  • App and website don't always merge.
  • Generate route calculator isn't always the route used.
  • Changing route not the easiest to use.

Rather than having to hold onto my receipts until month-end, have to scan them in (which could be multiple pages), fill out a spreadsheet of the expenses incurred during that month, compile it as an email then send it over to my line manager, and accounts, I can simply take a picture of a receipt, let the system auto-generate the claim with a small amount of input from myself and send it to the relevant person. I can then track it as it gets paid back to myself.

It's suited to scenarios where multiple monthly expenses are incurred and even when there are just a few. I believe it suits all situations and there is nothing it cannot be adapted for.

It's a great platform and the best I have used to date. Its accuracy in producing claims allowing you to select from drop-down lists rather than typing data in yourself means the user has less work to and mistakes are less common. Another reason is just how quick it is; I can produce a claim on gaining a new receipt there and then within one minute rather than having to wait and collate at the end of the month.
There's great support available not only from within the organization using the system which is provided by training sessions, but, when contacting Webexpenses, they are able to provide clear and accurate support to any issues you may have and also provide a resolution. They will always welcome feedback to improve the system, giving the end-user the best possible solution whilst continually improving and adding to the system.
Firstly the original method of saving receipts till month end and then scanning and manually inputting data onto a spreadsheet along with calculating any miles traveled has been removed. With Webexpenses simply take a picture of the receipt and it auto-generates a claim with the field filled in replacing the processing, submission, and approval system. Once this is complete, you click submit and it'll send to your manager/organization for approval rather than waiting to hear back via email. You'll be able to see the claim being processed through the system.
Read Avnish Pankhania's full review
June 11, 2021
David Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
ISG as an Organisation use Webexpenses for all company mileage and expenses claims from their employees. It provides an easy to use platform that captures the following items all in one place:
  • Fuel receipts so ISG can claim tax relief on VAT.
  • Journey distance by postcode which also utilises mapping.
  • Type of expense the claim is charged (overhead, project specific, etc.).
  • Vehicle tax banding/CO2.
  • Names of the approvers on a 3 tier approval hierarchy.
  • The new feature of start, finish and intermediate stops using postcodes and a map for each journey is very easy to use and you can drag the journey route to where you want it.
  • Capturing fuel receipts is very easy using the app on my mobile phone which avoids having to send in the paper copies of receipts.
  • Being able to easily see past journeys and claims to retrieve postcode information and journey length is very useful.
  • Sometimes the automatic distance calculator gives different distances despite using the same postcodes. If I did the same journey 2-3 times in a row I may get a slightly different overall distances and subsequently more or less money paid back to me which can be frustrating at times.
  • The calendar for choosing the date for the each claim automatically defaults to the current month rather than staying on the month that you chose for the previous claim. I do my whole months mileage claim the following month i.e Mays claim in June and as a result I have to change the month on the drop down calendar on each and every claim!
  • Sometimes its not obvious what the issue is with submitting a claim and it just says there is a problem which you have to try and resolve yourself.
It is very suited on fuel claims because it quickly captures all the relevant information and fuel receipt information. It also provides me with a data base of previously submitted claims which is useful for my own TAX claims.
I only use it for fuel so cannot comment on other scenarios!
The software has recently been updated which has made it far easier to use because it now logs me in automatically as apposed to having to type in my e-mail and password every time. The new map tool for inputting your journeys has made it easier to see if you have the correct postcodes. It does take a little while to get used to the software but now I'm familiar with it it has saved me time and faff, particularly because I don't have to post of my fuel receipts like I did at my previous company.
In the two years I've been using Webexpenses I've never had to use the support for Webexpenses because it has always worked as intended.
Any issues I've had with usability I've been able to sort out myself.
One of the biggest time savings on the mileage claims is the automatic distance calculator once you have inputted the postcodes. At my previous company I had to use AA routeplanner to calculate the distance myself and having the two screens open at the same time.
The app on my phone means I can take photos of my fuel receipts and upload to the fuel claim rather than posting the hard copies to accounts.
Read David Taylor's full review
June 10, 2021
Craig Morning | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses is used by all members of our team and helps to ensure we capture all time and expenses we spend working on behalf of our clients. This helps us to ensure no receipts get lost and we allocate all time spent against the relevant contracts. The ability of the system to calculate the travel costs when we input the postcodes prevents human errors from occurring.
  • The app allows you to photograph receipts and allocate to contracts removing the risk of these receipts being lost.
  • The app calculates travel costs by inputting the start and finishing postcodes.
  • Sometimes it isn't clear when receipts have been attached.
The ability to photograph receipts and calculate travel expenses and allocate these against individual contracts makes it easier to use and less likely to have things go missing. All time spent working on contracts can be allocated down to 15 minute periods with a notes section that allows you to detail what was carried out in that time.
By using both the phone app and desktop application I have found these to be very usable. There appears to be no major flaws or significant differences between either of these, this makes it easier when switching between these when out of the office versus in the office. The user interface is easy to navigate through and the steps to add data is easy to use.
During my time using the applications I have not had any cause to need any specific support due to any problems being identified. There are useful guides on how to use Webexpenses for anyone new or for anyone who may have forgotten how to use the system or parts of the system.
Claim submissions are now much easier as they can be allocated quickly against individual contracts. The ability to photograph receipts reduces the likelihood of these being lost and they can also be allocated against the contracts. We have found it is much easier to track progress against the original quotes and this allows us to ensure that contract do not run significantly over or under our estimates.
Read Craig Morning's full review
April 16, 2021
Josie Isted | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Webexpenses to support both credit card spend and personal expenses and it is used across the whole business. It provides us with a structured approval system as well as ensuring receipts are provided for all business spend.
  • Able to send automatic reminders for aging transactions, removing time spent manually chasing
  • The support team is always available and extremely responsive
  • The app is quick and easy to use
  • The reports are slightly limited, it seems difficult sometimes to extract the information needed without having to manipulate manually out of Webexpenses
  • Blank receipts keep uploading to our users account causing unnecessary noise on their accounts, the support team do remove these when I contact them but it would be better if it stopped happening at all!
We have received really positive feedback from the team since implementing Webexpenses. At the moment because the team are still learning there are a few teething problems however they are picking it up quickly and the company is definitely seeing the benefits from it. It allows us to track and manage company expenses either through credit cards or personal spend, and push responsibility back to the management team to ensure they are tracking team spends.
Once team have got through their initial set up it is not often we hear from them with any issues. The support resources provided online are very clear and cover most bases. The app is very simple to use again, once you get past the initial setup.
I have to say the support provided is exceptional. The live support has always resolved our queries on a very timely basis and the team are extremely friendly. The video support is also a very useful resource to point the team towards if they have more general queries.
Previously the credit card and personal expense spend was completed manually from beginning to end, often lacking management approval for team members. This alone has saved a lot of time for the accounts department.
Read Josie Isted's full review
June 29, 2021
Mark Watt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses is used by all staff to log their expenses. Each month this then gets approved by Finance (if we have completed each part correctly) and paid.

I use it on the go being in sales, so the mobile app is great for quickly adding things in so I don't forget.

Very easy to use and I didn't need any training.
  • Easy mobile app
  • Keeps things in one place (receipts, etc.)
It is great for any company and employee to easily track, record, and get paid their expenses. Especially [for] me in Sales as I am always on the go and don't have time to sit down for hours doing expenses.
So easy to use. That is the main reason so many companies use it. I didn't need any formal training to work out what to do.
I've not needed support as [of] yet, but colleagues have said the support is great.
I only use it for claim submission, but as previously mentioned, the mobile app makes things so easy to add; ready for a quick once over before submitting.
Read Mark Watt's full review
June 21, 2021
Mark Reynolds | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Webexpenses to track and monitor business mileage and any other consumables and expenses involved with carrying out my daily duties. It eliminates the need to track or record expenses using sheets or other means as this can all be done via the app, which is very user friendly and easy to navigate.
  • Accurately tracks mileage.
  • Easy to use.
  • App on phone is handy when out of office.
  • App stability - can sometimes crash when adding photos of receipts.
A great product if looking to accurately record business mileage and expenses - Would highly recommend based on functionality and the fact it can all be used via an app on your smart phone making things much easier to record while on the move and therefore you're less likely to forget to put your claims through.
The app is easy to navigate as it the desktop version.
None needed so far, therefore demonstrates this is a good product/tool.
Saves time by not having to complete, scan and email hand written sheets and can all be done on the move.
Read Mark Reynolds's full review
February 25, 2021
Indy Gill | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses is used company wide in our organisation, allowing us to electronically process expenses in an efficient way, on an easy to use platform. The online platform and mobile app makes it very handy and convenient for users. Our main concern as a business was to ensure expenses are processed efficiently and could be tracked easily. This system meets and solves these business concerns.
  • Paperless
  • Mobile app
  • Online platorm
  • Administration module could be more clutter free
  • Reports most customisable
  • Credit card process can be improved
People in our company require an easy to use system to record their expense and credit card purchases. The [Webexpenses] app allows staff to easily track and submit expenses. Importantly expenses can now be processed paper free. The ability to track and easily find historic expenses is very handy too. No issues so far after a year of use.
So far no concerns or bad reports from our staff. All the people in our company that use the system have not reported any issues and seem very happy with the processes and product in general. This is very important from a finance standpoint, to keep income producing staff happy and satisfied with the systems they use.
Webexpenses have been very responsive with any queries we may bring to their attention. We installed the system integration tool at a later stage and the support team were very helpful in setting up at a later date. It went through smoothly which is a relief. Very happy with the support.
Much time has been saved in the expense approval process. Most of all, time is being saved in an admin sense of inputting the figures and data of the expenses in the system. With the integration tool this is now automated.
Read Indy Gill's full review
Michael Terry | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used across the company to collate all expenses as users are constantly out of the office.
In my case I work as IT support on customer sites so do not visit the Head Office at all in my normal working schedule.
The fact all the back up for the expenditure can done digitally makes the claim for expenses so easy, and easily reviewed by the account department.
  • Digital entry of receipts - great for users in the field.
  • Detailed entry of expenses simplifying the review of data.
  • Entries supplied via webpage or phone app.
  • After each entry when you go to add a receipt it always asks if you want to save the item.
  • Have problems loading receipts via the phone app if a claim isn't open.
  • Not sure if it is me but copying an item does not seem intuitive.
Well suited to companies where expenses are a regular feature of working life.
It has been accessible whenever I have needed to access it and seems to do the job required of it.
Never had to use support so cannot really say.
Read Michael Terry's full review
Holly Gadd | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the UK Division to track and submit expenses.
  • Mobile use.
  • User friendly platform.
  • Reliable access.
  • The adding photos feature is confusing.
I believe it is suitable for almost anyone who has access to a computer or smart phone, those who do not have access or are sight impaired would not find it appropriate. While it is easily accessed I think it could be exclusionary for elderly, blind or technologically uneducated employees.
Very user friendly platform and ability to edit entries before submission. I believe anyone with a basic knowledge of computers would be easily able to use the program and successfully submit an expense claim. Some people may struggle with the photo section of the program as it can be a bit difficult to navigate.
I've been able to use it while travelling using the app - which makes submission easier if I'm not in the office or at a laptop. This makes for faster processing of payments which is ideal.
Read Holly Gadd's full review
Richard Pettigrew | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses is used throughout our company.
  • Clear and concise.
  • Very user friendly.
I work as part of a remote working team. Webexpenses allows us to upload photos of purchases at the time of purchase and not have to spend time at the end of each month sorting through receipts!
It is just so easy to use. I have never encountered a problem using it. It does what it says on the tin and has some great features!
I love the ability to take and upload photos of receipts, it saves me having to trawl through large amounts of receipts and ensures I don't miss any!
The system works so well for me that I have never had to call on the support team for any issues at all. This in itself tells you the system is designed and written well.
I only use Webexpenses to claim my own expenses and add my approval to those members of my team. I don't have any involvement with invoice processing so can't comment on that aspect. However, the aspects of the system that I do use are very efficient and I would recommend it to anyone else.
Read Richard Pettigrew's full review
ROBERT MCDOWELL | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization, from CEO to cleaning staff it is used for the daily expenses, I personally use it for fuel purchases when one of my teams vehicles is off the road and they have to use a hire vehicle or for miscellaneous purchases such as replacement keys and taxis in certain situations.
  • I carry a float and use Webexpenses to replenish it.
  • It is an easy way of keeping an account of miscellaneous expenditure.
  • It goes directly to my expenses bank account.
  • Speed up approval system, probably a company issue not Webexpenses.
  • Takes a bit of getting used to adding attachments.
Webexpenses is a good system for replenishing my float, it keeps a full history of all expenditure and is great for auditing purposes. EMCOR UK use it throughout the company and it is controlled by our finance department, giving a very visible summary of all expenditure. It is less appropriate for my cleaning workforce as they cannot afford to wait for expenses to be processed, so I reimburse them from my float and claim on their behalf. Works well.
It works for me and EMCOR UK, removes all uncertainty from accounting for expenses and has a good workflow system for payment. Approval system is a bit slow, but this is a company issue.
I have not needed to use support very often and our accountancy team are very quick to respond to any queries.
Webexpenses is a convenient way of keeping a visible record of expenses claimed, the system works well and it is convenient to use.
Read ROBERT MCDOWELL's full review
Jade Bonventre | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses is being used by my company to do purchase invoices and expenditure. I would say some of the lines broken down on the Invoice could be reduced. Also credit notes don't show up as credits a lot of the time and come through as Invoices. Support is helpful.
  • Rectify errors quickly.
  • Simple to use.
  • Easy to work.
  • Invoices don't really require so many lines.
  • Sometimes the dates show up wrong if it is an American Invoice.
Webexpenses is good for recording expenses, in the current pandemic, staff can post their expenses remotely and add their receipts using the app. Managers receive authorisation to authorise these expenses remotely using the app. I feel that the layout of the expenses is a bit busy and could be made a bit simplified.
I find this is simple to use and very handy in the current pandemic where a lot of people are working remotely.
I feel the support from Webexpenses is very helpful and they correct errors quickly and efficiently. I am happy with the Webexpenses support over all. I do think it may sometimes be easier if you can chat to someone rather than email. I'm not sure this is something that is currently in operation.
I have used Webexpenses to claim back expenses, add receipts and send to managers for approval via the app. I think this is great in this current pandemic.
Read Jade Bonventre's full review
Sarah Jacob | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Webexpenses to track and manage the use of company credit cards. This replaced our tedious method of reconciling our credit card statements via excel spreadsheet. We are able to customize designations for each charge to match our current accounts. Each person within our organization who has a company credit card has a Webexpenses account.
  • Easily match receipts to charges.
  • Super user-friendly app.
  • Simple approval process.
  • It defaults to logging expenses as items that should be reimbursements to the employee, instead of defaulting to credit card expense, or allowing the end user to chose the default.
Webexpenses is a wonderful tool for supervisors to be able quickly and accurately review charges.
The app and website are incredibly intuitive!
Our onboarding training was fantastic, the follow up instructions/materials were really helpful, and their support team has been super responsive.
Webexpenses has completely replaced our old methods of claims submission and expenses approval. We aren't messing around with paper receipts anymore, and we don't need to stockpile filing cabinets full of old expense reports.
Read Sarah Jacob's full review
santosh surabi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Webexpenses to consolidate company credit card spends and also to claim expenses when employees use their personal card to spend for work related expenditure.
  • Android and iOS app support.
  • Easily receipt snap and capture feature.
  • Ease of claiming personal expenses.
  • Mileage claim procedure.
  • Better receipt capture and processing.
  • Credit card statement uploading method.
Great cloud based software with full APP support to manage expenses on the go.
It's a treat to use. Most employees now use Webexpenses to log receipts immediately.
Never had to contact support fortunately. This can only mean that the software is well tested and thought out.
The APP support is a game changer. You can claim personal expense, add credit card receipts and approve expenses on the go. Accounts department doesn't have to chase anyone anymore.
Read santosh surabi's full review
ketan Ladva | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used to manage locum expenses, the app is incredibly easy to use and it has multiple functions to consider our specific car make and litre of the cars. The app also makes it easy to track web expenses which have been made reducing paper based work load.
  • Manages expenses easily.
  • Adding expenses has never been easier.
  • Reduces paper workload.
  • Making the website more colourful.
  • Adding notification for when a claim has been approved.
  • Making the app faster.
It is useful when we are required to submit expenses and also manage them. The reports section is useful at providing an overall summary of breakdown of costs. The app is also well suited for members of staff who are outside of the business where barriers to communication exist within the workplace.
Easy to use due to the app functionality.
Support is great easy to reach the support when needed too.
Reduces manual workload such as calculating specific car make mileage.
Read ketan Ladva's full review
tom hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across the entire business to log expenses used for travel purposes. This addresses being able to log expenses safely and securely without the need to hold a wallet full of receipts.
  • Holds info online without saving manual receipts.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Automatically calculates expenses based on the postcodes you input into the system.
  • App is sometimes a little slow and fiddly.
  • Sometimes it doesn't save and you have to re input the details.
  • be good to connect a whole team together under the same portal.
Best suited to quickly log down travel expenses without the need for pen and paper.
Sometimes it can be a little glitchy.
Very impressed overall.
Yes, claims submission and expenses approval both save time using the app.
Read tom hall's full review
Simon Beer | TrustRadius Reviewer
It solves a time/admin issue by making the recording of expenses quick and simple. It also provides some consistency for submissions across the business as well as a level of accuracy. Nudges and limit caps help business control expenses - for instance a daily expense cap can be applied to a label/category (i.e. Subsistence).
  • Logs expenses.
  • Logs receipts.
  • Allows workflows/approvals.
  • Keeps a copy of past claims.
  • Optical readers to pull text out of receipts would be good.
  • A better user interface - it's a little clunky.
  • Less steps to save a log.
When on the move, the app provides a great way to collate your expenses on the go. It saves doing it all in one go at the end of a month or week and digitises your receipts. Not having to carry receipts is a big benefit and the capture system is fairly quick. Additionally the app calculates distance between two points (in miles) which saves working out distance travelled for mileage. This can save quite a lot of time, especially if you are used to using Google Maps or similar to work out distances.
As a non admin user the default in the app is not to be able to view previous personal submissions (i.e. previous month or week). Note, you can do this through desktop login. This would be a useful addition so users can review receipts previously submitted (perhaps to check if a receipt was in a previous month or not) . Additionally the data capture UX for receipts could be improved on Android. There isn't a submit button on image gallery selection, so it takes a while to figure out you swipe back. Only a minor issue though.
I've not had to use it, but there are support FAQs and info on the site.
It saves significant time in manually tracking expenses if you currently do it in something like Excel. Being able to log receipts on the go while in a store is a big bonus as the app uses the camera to take a photo. No more piles of receipts in your pocket!
Read Simon Beer's full review
Lynne Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses is used by our company to manage employee travel expenses between our different campuses and to external sites. It enables the company to keep accurate information on days places were visited and the mileage accrued by employees. It also, if regularly updated, gives the employee information on where they were on each day and is easy to add entries in as the month progresses.
  • Calculate distance including 'via' if several sites have been visited in one day.
  • Easy to navigate with useful multiple functions.
  • Mobile app.
  • Templates to make repeat entries easier.
Well suited to managing travel expenses to multiple places. Good for a company with numerous employees to understand at all levels of the company.
It is so user friendly and mistakes can be easily amended.
No support has been needed so far
Streamlined the expenses approval process from our previous way of submitting expenses claims
Read Lynne Evans's full review
Ian Catton | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used to track expenses across the company. It's a quick and easy way to manage the expenses and able to attach receipts.
  • Able to select the right category for each expense.
  • Able to adjust mileage when driving to match your actual journey.
  • Able to attach receipts easily for reference.
  • On mileage can a function be added so to and from journeys can be different.
Easy to use as soon as you have a receipt it can be photo'd and be easily added in to the selected open claim.
As a user I find it very easy to use on both my mobile device and on laptop. Easy to use and implement.
I have not had to use any support as I have had no issues.
Only when I submit claims, the process is easy and quick.
Read Ian Catton's full review
Luke Michaelides | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole company are using it to record their commuting and mileage. They also make note of purchases made such as food whilst on shift, car parking tickets, mileage when we take People We Support on drives around the country or trips around the local area. Can claim mileage as well.
  • The map that gives you the exact distance between your destinations.
  • Collective groups of your expenses - can split into separate different sub categories.
  • Does the maths for you.
  • A lot of the writing is quite small and hard to read.
  • Quite a lot of writing on the pages.
  • Colour scheme is a bit dull.
It's really useful for tracking the mileage that you use for your car and your way to and on your way back from work. If you put in two different locations it will measure the exact mileage and does the maths for you. Very easy and simple to use and makes it much easier calculating and using your expenses.
Very easy to use and makes it very simple to input your mileage and commuting miles and get paid for it. The maths is done for you and if you put in two locations then they can calculate the exact mileage for you. Works really well and gets sent straight to your superiors.
Have had no need to use the support - it has always worked okay.
Read Luke Michaelides's full review
Simon Wicks | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Webexpenses across our business as part of a group solution which was implemented a couple of years ago. We use it for submitting various personal expenses including travel, client entertainment and various ad hoc personal expenses. I am an authoriser and also use it for submitting company credit card expenses.
  • Uploading of receipts is quick and simple.
  • It has a very user-friendly interface and is easy to navigate.
  • The upload of credit card statements is very useful and avoids lots of manual entry.
  • When sending receipts by email, if you don't remove your email signature it will upload these images as receipts - possibly hard to fix, but would be great if it could be.
  • Sometimes the uploaded receipts can look small and unclear on the screen and it can be hard to distinguish one from another.
This is the best expense management tool I've used for personal and credit card expenses, from both a user and authoriser perspective, and I would recommend it for any scenario.
Webexpenses is very user friendly with a good interface, and the ability to use it from a PC/laptop or mobile device. Uploading of receipts in real time is quick and efficient.
Webexpenses comes with a range of FAQs and tutorial videos which help to guide you through any scenarios you may face.
From a receipt upload, claims submission and claims authorisation point of view, it is much quicker and much more time efficient than any systems I have used previously.
Read Simon Wicks's full review
Daniel Anjos | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Webexpenses weekly, it saves me tons of time, and let me invest on personal development and team events, specially useful during the remote work times. Previous solution was manually managing expenses via excel spreadsheets and that is not scalable, as we grow the company from 1000 to 2000+ engineers.
  • Easy to use.
  • Reminders of thresholds and required documents.
  • Fast and intuitive.
  • Better mobile support.
Webexpenses is well suited for submitting expense reports for personal usage, but not very useful for team bills and splitting the payments (refunds) between multiple users (imagine a shared bill that is consolidated for review). But it currently allows to tag persons that took part of event and partial bills so there are workarounds.
Compared to previous tools I think Webexpenses is quite good - I would maybe need some help to set up the mobile app.
Yes, definitively saves time, specially approving small expenses and submitting claims.
Read Daniel Anjos's full review
Francis &quot;Mac&quot; Kern | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization for expense reporting. I did not make the decision to use it, but have been told it saved money.
  • Easy to take pictures through the app and save them right into receipts.
  • Easy to review archived claims.
  • Easy to see historical data.
  • The app unpaired my phone while on the road and so I couldn't use it for the duration of the trip.
  • Confusing pushing "Receipts" and "My Receipts" around.
  • Hard to add a new client.
It is a very good web-based expense reporting platform. It doesn't seem to be appropriate for recording mileage, this part is difficult.
I need more time using it - during the COVID pandemic, we didn't travel much, so cell phone reimbursement was about the only expense. Now that I am seeing customers more, I will be using it for additional expenses, and so will need to get more familiar with it.
I have not had to contact Webexpenses for support.
I am only a Webexpenses user, I use it for claims submissions but not processing or approvals.
Read Francis "Mac" Kern's full review
February 19, 2021
Focus01! Wareham | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webexpenses has enabled us to move away from the prospect of a manual system to a streamlined paperless system and the hierarchy for approving can be as simple or complex as you require and from submitting a claim to approval can be a speedy process.
  • Convenience
  • Time Saving
  • Good Pricing
  • Can be a little awkward to process receipts with multiple VAT rates on the same receipt.
[Webexpenses] works very well for companies that are nationwide and a lot of staff field based. It can be quick and convenient to get claims on and approved with all receipts saved down (receipts can be stored in the phone app immediately if you aren't ready to complete an actual claim)
There are some staff that find some aspects of the system (web based or phone app) [challenging] but with some training most staff are happy with the system
Extremely helpful during and post [implementation].
If working with a high volume of claims, the whole system takes out most of the manual human input by office staff freeing them up to work on other aspects of their role.
Read Focus01! Wareham's full review
February 18, 2021
Lindsay Price | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [Webexpenses] across the organization with our head office staff and also with associates who claims expenses sporadically. It gets rid of the need for people to retain receipts and/or post them to head office to be processed.
  • Good for keeping data held in one place
  • Good for managing authorization of expenses
  • Good for flagging if someone is trying to claim over expense limits
  • We originally purchased it to use for time management and then at implementation this wasn't possible
  • The email notifications could be better
  • It could be easier to navigate
[Webexpenses is] good for straightforward claim expenses on the go. Not great for adding lots of detail about what you are claiming
[Webexpenses] is not easy to navigate, most online systems now are very intuitive and users can easily work out what they have to do but I find with Webexpenses it is not made clear what the process is and some vital buttons i.e. submit are quite hidden!
We have been continuously needing help as everytime there is an upgrade something goes wrong, usually with credit card statement uploads and it takes hours and hours to get fixed. Also our biggest annoyance was that believe it was sold under flase pretences, many promises made on its functionality and then when we got it and were implementing it we were told these functions were not possible. Salesman was very careful never to put anything in writing to whenever I emailed a question he called back so we never had any proof of his promises.
Previously paper forms would have to be filled in and receipts attached and submitted to finance for processing and also signed by relevant authorizer, this is now done completely online and from anywhere
Read Lindsay Price's full review

What is Webexpenses?

Webexpenses is a global provider of online expense management software to businesses of all sizes across 70+ countries. The software is used across all industries, including retail, finance, technology, construction, and not for profit.

Features of the Webexpenses desktop and mobile app include cross-platform auto-sync with:

• Google Vision-powered OCR receipt scanner
  • Petty cash management
  • Automatic policy compliance
  • Corporate card automatic Intelligent Matching
  • Integrated mileage tracking + verification
  • Easy integration with your existing ERP

The vendor describes the benefits of Webexpenses as including:

• 3 hours saved per claim
  • Increase visibility and spend projection
  • 43% reduction in errors + fraud
  • 400% ROI, with system payback in an average of 3 months

Selling propositions of Webexpenses include:

• Flat, active-user-only pricing
  • 24/6, in-house human support via chat, email, or phone, included
  • Over 100+ software and app and feature upgrades per year, included
  • Unlimited submissions per month once active, included
  • Custom system configuration to meet your business requirements and expense policy
  • Industry-leading user adoption rate

The Webexpeneses software suite provides additional solutions for automated invoice processing, corporate travel management, payments + reimbursements and, audit. These tools can be used alongside the expense management system for the management of company spend.

Webexpenses Features

Has featureMileage tracking
Has featureCorporate card matching
Has featurePetty cash management
Has featureAutomated policy compliance
Has featureUpload your company policy
Has featurePre-trip approval
Has featureMulti-approver
Has featureAuto-approve
Has featureSplit costs - based on cost centre
Has featureCurrency convertor