Webroot Endpoint Protection Reviews

October 23, 2020
Yvonne Graber | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a reseller of Webroot Endpoint Protection. I have over 150 endpoints being used by my customers currently. It has been implemented to a majority of my customers to address protecting their workstations from virus, ransomware, and malware attacks. We also use the web filtering feature to guide end-users to safe and trusted websites.
  • Web filtering
  • Blocking malware
  • Firewall protection
  • Installation and configuration
  • Not so easy to add exclusion or exception.
  • Not easy to turn off a managed workstation to install software that it thinks is an issue.
  • A bit more user friendly.
I have only used Endpoint Protection in small to medium businesses and for residential home users. I have not had any experience with larger corporations. Thus far, my experience has been a positive one. Their tech support, which I have called upon several times, has been quite efficient in solving my issue.

The tech support team for Webroot has always been there when I needed. You submit a ticket either by phone or written and the solution is always forthcoming.

Read Yvonne Graber's full review
February 22, 2020
Adam Friedli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Webroot is being used across the entire company. We are an MSP and we also use it with all of our clients. Our old antivirus solution was a flavor of Kaspersky with Kaseya and had a noticeable performance impact on machines. Management was also a hassle. We switched to Webroot since it was much easier to manage, and its footprint is very small on all machines we have it on.
  • Its footprint is very small. We have not seen performance impacts on the machine, and scans are very fast. The only time there have been issues is when testing for needed exclusions. Once everything is configured, you can't notice it's there unless it alerts for a threat.
  • The installation is quick and doesn't require a reboot. This is very useful, as we don't need to worry about rebooting machines before protection is active. It also installs within 5 minutes at the most. That is not an exaggeration, and it's usually even faster than that.
  • I would like to see an option for automatic cleanup of duplicate Agents. Occasionally, a machine will show up twice and one of the Agents will show as disconnected. I'm not entirely sure if this is from updates or something weird in Windows. We stay on top of cleaning this up on a regular basis, but for instances where the names are similar enough to detect duplicates, it would be nice to automate this and then have a report sent showing what was cleaned up in case there was a mistake.
I feel that Webroot Endpoint Protection is well suited for any environment requiring a trustworthy and efficient antivirus solution. It doesn't have any downsides I have seen if a small business wanted to use it versus a large enterprise. The management can cope with managing a large number of Agent and Sites, so I feel it could scale well for any size business. It's the best antivirus option I've used over the year, and I would recommend it highly to anyone, and even for personal use.
Any questions we have asked have been responded to quickly and with excellent information. It really does feel like they care about up-keeping their reputation as a reliable product. A product can be great, but it can be marred by terrible support. Webroot does not suffer from this in our experience. The support has remained strong the entire time we've been using the product.
Read Adam Friedli's full review
February 29, 2020
We use Webroot Endpoint Protection to shield against a variety of malware attacks, including screening websites, incoming e-mails, attachments, and downloaded files. We have a blended environment of Windows-, Mac-, Android- and iOS-based devices, so Webroot Endpoint Protection allows us to use the same suite of tools for all operating systems.
  • Screens incoming e-mails for threats
  • Blocks potentially dangerous websites
  • Removes infected files from downloaded materials
  • Can't screen for the newest threats on the web
  • Sometimes misses threats in documents
  • Overly aggressive at times, blocking legitimate websites by mistake
We have a fair number of non-tech-savvy employees, who might visit dangerous websites or fall victim to phishing scams through e-mail. Most of these employees aren't yet able to discern the difference between legitimate communications and threats, so we had to put in place a very robust tool for screening malware. Webroot Endpoint Protection is generally very aggressive and helps those less-experienced computer users avoid Internet security issues. Still, those same aggressive settings sometimes get in the way of accessing legitimate sites and documents, resulting in some frustration from employees who are more familiar with self-screening methods.
I can't assess Webroot Endpoint Protection support directly because, so far, we have not utilized it; our external IT consultant manages the suite, so any communication with Webroot has flowed through them. I have not received any negative feedback from our consultant, nor have they suggested a switch to a different malware protection provider, so I have to assume that support is at least acceptable.
January 19, 2020
Paul Li | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company is using Webroot Endpoint Protection in all of our 3 offices. Webroot does a great job of preventing virus attacks via the web. It also does a great job to prevent viruses from attacking through other channels when using our computers.
  • Webroot Endpoint Protection is easy to deploy. Staff just needs to receive a link to run the installation along with an input key.
  • Webroot Endpoint Protection provides a very simple method to monitor all computer status via a web sign-in portal. From this portal, the admin can temporarily disable Webroot in case it's preventing certain programs from being installed.
  • We experienced problems with getting Webroot Endpoint Protection to be deployed to protect web browsers. Unfortunately, users when opening a web browser will have to for the first time accept the Webroot extension/add-in protection. If staff chooses to not allow the extension/add-in to run, then there would be no web browser protection.
  • Webroot Endpoint Protection seems to take a bit of time to uninstall. The documentation shows a possibility of waiting for up to 24 hours. The uninstallation response time should be immediate when this agent operation/command is selected on the web portal.
Webroot Endpoint Protection is well suited for large organizations where you want to provide different protection policies to various department groups. Via the web portal, Webroot Endpoint Protection gives the admin the needed feature functions to create these groups and policies.
I rate Webroot Endpoint Protection with an 8 because of how well it protects our computers both via web browsing as well as scanning in the background without interfering with staff usage of their computers.
Read Paul Li's full review

Anti-Exploit Technology (4)
9.2
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (4)
9.2
Centralized Management (4)
10.0
Hybrid Deployment Support (2)
Infection Remediation (4)
9.5
Vulnerability Management (3)
Malware Detection (4)
9.4

What is Webroot Endpoint Protection?

Webroot Endpoint Protection is the company's business class multi-vector endpoint protection application, providing centralized endpoint management, deep learning intelligence, and advanced behavioral analytics.