Webtrends Analytics Reviews

Charles Wade | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2015

Webtrends Streams to Success for your Organization

Likelihood to Renew

The product has been the best web analytics product for my user base without concerns for the data collected going out of the Senate (during my tenure as Lead Programmer and Administrator for the U.S. Senate Listserv application) or being repackaged to sell by the product owner.
Read Charles Wade's full review
Chris Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 08, 2015

Webtrends Review from long experience

Likelihood to Renew

The obstacles to renewing are 1) finding people to manage it who know it well and 2) frustration because of the lack of on-the-fly analysis. Usually, renewal prices are reasonable and the cost of switching to something else when you have a somewhat complicated setup far outweigh the renewal costs, especially if your implementation is sound and your reports are humming along.

A lot of renewal decisions are going to hinge on the new product that will start to roll out this month.
Read Chris Grant's full review
Matthieu Dejardins | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2015

The promise of a powerful analytics tool which was deceiving

Likelihood to Renew

The contract has been renewed because of the investment we put in implementing and stabilizing the solution (8 months). However, with the previous points discussed, I'm not sure that it was the best choice initially as well as over time for the company. Speak to existing clients and your peers before you make such a choice.
Read Matthieu Dejardins's full review
Jaclyn Wallace | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 06, 2014

Webtrends Analytics Review

Likelihood to Renew

I am not responsible for the renewal process but taking into consideration the time and resources invested into the tool and how much I enjoy using it, I would say I would renew!
Read Jaclyn Wallace's full review
Matthew Koppel | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2013

Great Customer Service and an Okay Product

Likelihood to Renew

Once an analytics platform is in place on a client's site, I am loathe to switch. There's little justification (other than budget) to leave Webtrends.

The factor that would force me to switch is familiarity. Many more web analysts know and understand Google Analytics and Omniture. If a big redesign is coming up and the analytics staff is increasing, deployment time can be a real issue. Training new staff on Webtrends can slow down this process. However, it should be noted that because of their excellent customer service an individual can get lots of help on the learning curve.
Read Matthew Koppel's full review
Adam Krause | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2013

Webtrends - A Flexible and Nimble Open Platform for Enterprise Data Analytics

Likelihood to Renew

We heavily utilize the Analytics features, and for our purposes the On-Demand Analytics product is a good value, so there would need to be a compelling reason to switch to another vendor. Streams is a unique product and is particularly attractive due to its lack of overhead from a user experience and implementation standpoint.
Read Adam Krause's full review
April 29, 2015

Webtrends 8.5

Likelihood to Renew

Webtrends started as a leader in web analytics, but since then has been playing catchup with services such as Google Analytics.
September 25, 2014

Not recommended

Likelihood to Renew

Because we already decided this tool is too complicated and does not fit our needs.
May 09, 2014

WebTrends 9 Review

Likelihood to Renew

It has helped my business objectives a lot and that of my team. Its the best on the market to the best of my knowledge and without it, I wouldn't be able to track my objectives properly.
December 10, 2013

Powerful Software...Weak User Support and Assistance.

Likelihood to Renew

I would be willing to try Webtrends again AFTER some research from other users. I would need to see that users mention better and faster customer support on questions and issues that arise while using the software. The software is capable of vast and incredible things, but if it isnt properly set up and supported during use, it is just a big hassel and waste of everyones time and money.
May 21, 2014

Engaging Metrics and Users

Likelihood to Renew

In order to compete with other vendors, Webtrends on the analytics side of things still has some improvements to make. If consultants are needed to solve the tracking and to answer business requirements many users will stop using it. Many other vendors are paying attention to this now.
October 17, 2013

Webtrends 10 review

Likelihood to Renew

I dont have a choice in the matter. But, if it were up to me, I would recommend using Google Analytics along with Webtrends, to get the best of both.
October 25, 2013

Webtrends Review

Likelihood to Renew

I think there are other web analytics tools providing much better functionality and that are more intuitive. I wanted to spend more time in actually analyzing the data, rather than figuring out how to use analysis tools. Currently I use Omniture (SiteCatalyst) which I am much happier with. I have also used Coremetrics which I think is a better product too.
March 21, 2013

Expensive and didn't do what we needed.

Likelihood to Renew

We did not renew because of cost and the time that it took to extract the data and put it into a manageable report to share with others. In general, this was an expensive product, but did not meet our basic requirements. Reporting was definitely the main pain point.

We did not renew.

About Webtrends Analytics

Webtrends Analytics provides a combination of features that are designed to provide an accurate and intuitive view into an organization’s multi-channel customer journey. According to the vendor, the key features enable not only sophisticated analysis techniques but also make key insights accessible to everyone in an organization.

Webtrends Analytics Features

Has featurePath and Scenario Analysis
Has featureUnlimited Data Collection
Has featureAd-Hoc Data Exploration
Has featureExtensive data export
Has featureStandard and customized analytics reporting

Webtrends Analytics Screenshots