September 25, 2017
West Unified Communications as a Service Review: "West Unified Communications - All you need in one place"
Score 9 out of 10
We use West (school messenger) for our websites, and parent/emergency notification system. It is used by our entire school district.
- Does a great job of posting messages to multiple locations at once. We can send out a message that goes to email, SMS, phone call, Facebook, mobile app and website.
- Very detailed and clear reports after the message is sent, showing who it was delivered to and who didn't receive it.
- Interface is very user friendly. Little to no training is needed for basic users.
- Cost is significant. Not unreasonable, to lower price would be great.
- Support is very, very slow to respond. Unless you call in it takes several days to receive a response. I've had tickets open for over a week to resolve the issue.
Read Scott Trautwein's full review
West is well suited for school districts looking for a single location to manage communications and website hosting. Robocalls, parent notifications and emergency notifications are handled perfectly. West ties into your SIS so it is easy to pull the information. The initial setup, however, is a little time consuming and complicated. After it is set up, it works well.