We are using it for user onboarding and …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Whatfix, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Whatfix is a SaaS-based platform that enables businesses to create real-time interactive guides on their application. Whatfix can be integrated with ease across all user touch-points inside any platform across the web and desktop.
Whatfix helps businesses with:
- Simplifying User Onboarding
- Making Employee Training Quicker and Effective
- Reducing Customer Support Costs by Making Platforms/Applications Self-serving
Whatfix key features and advantages include:
- Real-time Interactive Guides: Create personalised onboarding programs, engage new users and retain them effectively.
- Smarter In-app Training: Increase effectiveness of employee training programs with our in-app guidance system. The step-by-step guidance system can train employees on how to complete different tasks, e.g.Salesforce training, Microsoft Dynamics training.
- Improve Support with self-serving widgets: Add self service capabilities with our widgets to reduce your over support overhead and effort.
- Create documentations quickly and easily: Our interactive guides can be converted into multiple interactive media formats that can be easily embedded or exported as documentation.
- Multilingual support - Support your users across geographies. Whatfix enables you to engage your users with guides in multiple languages.
Watch Introduction to Whatfix
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Allows uses to self service help and guidance on common tasks
- To add in fast solutions in sticking points in our new HR IT system
- Create training content
- To communicate to our users about system downtime or new features
- More customisation of elements
- Great training sessions
- Fast reaction on questions
- Close personal contact
- Nice to have: different design options for smart tips (you have to decide for one configuration which is valid for all)
- Nice to have: free choice where to show the self help
- Nice to have: possibility to save filter, for example in Analytics
- Explain processes (you can guide your users through not well known or seldom-used processes)
- Onboard new users
- Give tips
- Show new features
- Interactive self-help
- Possibility to give tasks to [the] user
- The possibility to explain content in different ways
- The handling is very easy
- The support is very good
- The possibility to select content/widgets at the time for "push to production" (some we would like to p2p for one single content, that is not possible at the moment).
- I wish the filters in the dashboard would stay when you choose a content, currently you have to filter again and again.
- In the analytics area, I would like the system to remember this for a certain time window after selecting the start date.
We are developing this with the support of the personnel development department and it is showing the first positive results and it is showing the first positive results in our sales units.
- Whatfix is a vendor that listens to their client, understands their business challenges, and works with them to achieve their goals.
- Feature enhancements are released every quarter, often with significant functionality improvements.
- The support and engineering teams are outstanding - responsive, helpful and nothing is ever too much trouble. Literally, second-to-none!
- The Dashboard (Administration Console) is sometimes a little clunky in some areas, but nothing causes any significant pain.
- Still, I've been working with Whatfix constantly over the past few years on many platform enhancements to make it a more efficient and effective experience for Content Creators and end-users alike.
Our new user onboarding experience for Salesforce has been scaled back considerably, ensuring we are able to focus on the importance of doing things the right way and upholding our company values.
Whatfix takes care of the day-to-day scenario-based training and essentially does all of the heavy lifting that was previously part of our bloated LMS course.
Whatfix is also well-suited in scenarios where you've got labor-intensive or complex, lengthy processes that can be confusing to follow for your end-users. A mixture of guided flows, timely pop-ups, smart tips, and beacons can help users feel more comfortable when working [on] your platform.
The support team is friendly, helpful and always willing to listen to your suggestions and ideas. This also applies to the Engineering team who I've spent several hours on calls with debugging a few of the more challenging scenarios we have in place.
Nothing is ever too much trouble for Whatfix and they are truly best-in-class when it comes to their support model.
We are using it for user onboarding and customer self-service. It is not only important for the customer to solve their problem or understand a flow right then and there it also frees up time for Customer Success Executives. Our goal is to increase the adoption and retention of our enterprise product.
- Customer support
- Take feedback and improve on it.
- They try their best to bring you a solution.
- Design is definitely something they can improve on. The callouts and carousels are a little bit old-school and sometimes this creates a discrepancy with your product's design language.
- They can improve with some functionality, like full-screen carousels for the web. There are points that they cannot accommodate your design and you have to iterate on that.
- Create interactive guidance.
- Create pop up notifications, videos, etc.
- Add its own survey feature.
- Automatic translation.
- There are multiple templates and customization to make the widget consistent with your design.
- The guided popups identify the element very well to ensure they appear at right place and point to correct element.
- The user segmentation feature helps in displaying flows specific to user needs.
- Few advanced functionality like user segmentation etc require help from Whatfix support team. It should be easy to use.
- If we get option to define CSS of the widget, it will blend further better.
- Excellent customer support from Whatfix
- Quickly create guides in various languages
- You can easily convert guides to PDFs and videos in a few clicks
- Whatfix is user friendly
- Need to improve the analytics
- Need to improve on automatic translation
- Integrations table is getting harder to manage
- Need to improve UI/UX
- Ongoing support
- Listening to clients
- Some limits around the product
Whatfix doesn't currently give you complete insight into the data and has some minor limitations around rules and displaying tours.
- Best-in-class Customer Care. Customer Service and Customer Success are doing an excellent job at helping us [get] the most value out of Whatfix. Personally, I've learned a lot about working with a DAP that goes beyond the current implementation and they are great help in terms of fresh ideas, ways to measure, etc. Very proactive.
- Open platform and API. Whatfix integrates out-of-the-box with common enterprise tools like Confluence and Amplitude. You can even tap their API to pull reports and create static content and delete Whatfix content.
- Continuous feature development and improvements. After using Whatfix for roughly 1½ years, we first-handedly experienced how Whatfix keeps on improving and adding features, making it more and more useful with each iteration.
- Point and click content creation. Creating content is as easy as pointing and clicking inside your own application, or in case of popups, selecting a template and customize it to your needs.
- How no-code the experience with Whatfix is really depends on your application. As one of our applications relies on nested iframes, not everything worked out-of-the-box and we had to spend time on debugging and doing advanced customizations. Though the support team at Whatfix has been very helpful in solving these matters, it still made it difficult for us to delegate the work to coworkers with less technical experience.
- Prone to bugs. While no platform is perfect, we unfortunately had some cases where bugs broke popups and guides for our users.
- Online training
- Customer support
- Ease of use
- Robust tool
- Lack of ability to add custom buttons in a pop-up
- Content creation efficiency is great.
- Content creation doesn’t necessarily requires a technical background.
- Widgets can be customised.
- More features for widget customisation.
- Flows can be configured in a better way.
- Introduction of mobile application would be great.
- Minimal Team
- User friendly
- Close relationship with users.
- Trainings required
- Some automation can be done
- Manual working can help in better selection.
- Customer support is excellent, very responsive, and helpful
- The Whatfix tool is very flexible and can handle many complex scenarios
- The Whatfix tool is continuing to evolve with new features
- Some of our more complex flows required engineering support to build and while we we were successfully able to achieve our objective, it was not 100% clear how it was done.
- WhatFix is extremely easy to use.
- Minimum IT team intervention required.
- Customer success manager and support team worked very close.
- There are some features that I expected to be done automatically, and we had to do some manual work to get the right setup regarding our use case, which was to deploy most of our training through Whatfix.
If you need to reduce the time spent creating material for training, maybe this is not the best because it demands you to be very specific on the step by step of the task. CSM and all the crew are amazing with how they are all aligned and aware of your things. Very close work and they are very flexible.
- Easy to use
- Excellent customer service
- Range of features
- Excellent support documentation
- Highly customizable
- Good reporting capabilities
- Initial integration was very easy
- Preview mode makes testing content very easy
- Our Portal makes use of inner iframes, this can require some debugging on the Whatfix side to get things working correctly.
- Segmentation is not ideal in our case, we have thousands of accounts we would like to segment between that functionality is not built-in.
- Translations are difficult to manage and not possible to automate, manual download and upload of files is required.
- Very intuitive.
- Great support.
- Several features.
- Automatic translation.
- Automated Walkthroughs. The walkthrough engage our users to allow them to quickly navigate and evaluate the system. Our team gets less questions and spends less time onboarding.
- Easy to set up. The simplicity of setting up flows means less time I spend setting things up and managing it so that I can spend more time in our sales process.
- Excellent Customer service. This is a big win as it is great to have a great team behind you. If I have a problem it is resolved quickly and any feedback I submit is listened to and often incorporated into the product.
- Recently, they enhanced the ability to customize the look and feel of their flows. This was the only complaint I had. I let Whatfix know and they developed a solution. There is still no gradients but I can customize everything else.
- Great adaptive skills, the technical team in Whatfix does a great job in catering to all requests of the implementing team.
- The possibility to add information to any field required has been a great help to our users.
- Analytics on the help material usage is very insightful and helps to decide which parts to extend and which to keep as is.
- A sandboxing environment within the Whatfix solution on the client application would be nice. To give users the option to try & test in a sandbox environment without immediately working in their production environment.
- User guidance at first task execution
- Organizing digital learning
- Version deployment was complicated for us
- The UI is still OK, but not cutting edge
- Customer Service is unmatched by any company I have ever had the pleasure of doing business.
- Innovative - They never stop improving and innovating on their product to make it easier for the end user.
- Professional Services Team / GB and TEAM absolutely ROCK!
- The entire Whatfix organization is customer focused and is always thinking of new ways to help us. They just don't allow you to purchase the product and go your own way, they continue to work with you - 2 years and still bi-weekly meetings. AWESOME
- When I first started working with Whatfix, no coding, well that was right but some of their information was written somewhat in code language. That has been evolving and they have an incredible team who has been working on making it read - in plain English as I call it.....Thank you!
- Smart tips are easy to use and have a high usage rate by our customers.
- Whatfix's customer support team is always responsive.
- Once you understand your own company's software limitations, the process for creating walkthroughs is simple and mostly straightforward.
- The team is always receptive to feedback and suggestions. They've made a lot of improvements and added many new features in the last year.
- At times, Whatfix can be buggy, which has resulted in walkthroughs no longer working, or formatting to change without any changes on our end. This can be frustrating.
- Great customer service.
- Easy to administer.
- User friendly.
- Nothing I can see to improve on at the moment.