WhatsApp Business

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of WhatsApp Business, and make your voice heard!

Free

What is WhatsApp Business?

WhatsApp Business Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone

WhatsApp Business is a free to download app that was built FOR small business, allowing users to connect with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort and quickly respond to messages. For medium and large businesses, the WhatsApp Business API powers communication with customers all over the world, allowing them to connect with them on WhatsApp in a simple, secure, and reliable way.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.3.

The most common users of WhatsApp Business are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Ezechiel Narcisse ALLAHA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am rarely in front of my computer. This is where WhatsApp Business comes in. It allows me to connect with my customers, and send them files, images, videos, and even links directly on their phones. It is a very useful tool for any businessman out there, especially for those that need to be in constant communication with their customers.
  • This app has been able to connect me to my customers.
  • Communicate more effectively with your customers and grow your business.
  • Send files, images, videos, and even links directly on phones.
  • Collaborative workspace.
  • Group chat with the possibility of making a presentation.
  • WhatsApp Business should think about the possibility of creating chatbots.
By using WhatsApp Business, I can now respond to customers faster, keep them updated about new deals, and even send out surveys to understand their needs. The ability to send stickers and photos makes the app more interactive and engaging. It easily beats other social networks in terms of the quality and quantity of messages sent, which is a good thing for businesses.
Abrar Ajrame | TrustRadius Reviewer
WhatsApp Business is one the best connexion software in recent years in the world. It is the most favorable to me and my colleagues in our company it's easy to use, Direct contact with the customers, and WhatsApp is widely used by the majority of the people. as a digital solution gives us the opportunities for the customers and company with a better communication process to save time, cost, and effort. In recent years we use it in our logistics department to pitch our products and access our employer development. this utility generally gave us the solution to access those who couldn't go to the markets and wanted to buy online as you can post your products easily and It is user-friendly.
  • Easy to use by registering a phone number as your personal WhatsApp number and attaching your company profile by opening and closing your image to your product.
  • Fast and accurate connection.
  • It allows you to split chat between business and personal as WhatsApp Business and Personal can be downloaded on the same smartphone by registering a different number.
  • In the group, only the admin can add a new person or remove one.
  • It is not useful for employees/clients who want to get information while traveling.
WhatsApp Business is a free app designed and developed for small businesses and I can vouch that it is an easy-to-use tool and a widely adopted solution that has been adopted within my company to enable group communication. We have tried many communication tools before WhatsApp Business.
Samira Islam Resmi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It allows me to exchange links, videos, photographs, and a variety of other items with my connections via the internet. I don't have to wait for the individual to share the photos with everyone on Bluetooth one by one once I take them. With the use of WhatsApp, this may now be done online. It's as simple as creating a group and sharing the photo with many individuals in real time.
  • A huge number of people can be add in a group for better communication
  • messages, photos, and videos sharing free and easy
  • end to end encryption facilities ensures highest security
  • it only works with phone number
  • there is a constant source of distraction
  • impact on people's privacy
WhatsApp is completely free to use, whereas sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages used to be extremely expensive. I may send and receive as many messages, photos, and videos as I want on WhatsApp for free. It is the next generation's messaging app for all smartphone users. To use WhatsApp, I don't need a lot of storage space on my phone. This app does not even require a high-end phone; it is compatible with practically every smartphone now on the market.
I use WhatsApp Business in my organization to manage my dealings with people. I am comfortable with this product when I am a bit busy as it delivers an auto message to the colleagues and they don't feel humiliated also I am easy with it. it helps the users to publicize their products and thus I recommend it.
  • End-to-end encryption is awesome which is very highly challenging in GB software.
  • It helps to public the products one want to sell, by completing business profile.
  • An outstanding option for which everyone falls is an auto message to convey the information.
  • Deleted messages must be shown.
  • There should be a profile guard to cover photos and maintain privacy.
  • There should be a feature that avoid screenshot.
  • WhatsApp should give green signal for online user.
It is highly suitable in areas of chat privacy, as I experienced but bad at showing deleted chats, as well as screenshots of chat, which lead to backbiting or in case of any business dealing it may affect the business dealing. This would most likely harm the business if someone wants to do so and thus it should be avoided in-app screenshots.
Md. Masudul Hassan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WhatsApp Business for our employee communication and marketing purposes as well. WhatsApp is one of the best secured end-to-end encryption platforms for communication, both audio and video calls, and also for sharing media files like photos, images, videos, etc. without changing its resolution. WhatsApp web is a fantastic feature. Another thing is that it takes fewer internet megabytes for successful functioning than any other platform. It helps a lot for communication during the COVID-19 pandemic situation when the whole world stopped.
  • Marketing purposes specially branding
  • Admission Purpose
  • Student service
  • Student online class lecture upload through group creation
  • Student Counseling
  • WhatsApp is shown ringing is there even if no one is online. When a person is offline, there should not be a ring.
  • Large video files unable to send.
  • Large number of people join in a group at a time.
Nowadays, every user wants security in this digital world. Thus, WhatsApp is best suited for end-to-end encryption so that no calls can be recorded, and thus its high security is ensured and it is a trusted platform for the user. For some business issues, high-megabyte files need to be shared occasionally. So, for smooth business operations, it may ensure high-megabyte file sharing.
Dhiman Roy | TrustRadius Reviewer
WhatsApp Business is one the best communication software in recent years. It is most favorable to me and my colleagues. The software gives the opportunities for the customers and company with better communication process. In recent years we use it in our sales department to pitch our products, access our human resources and employer development. It is perfectly a digital solution for us. I am highly satisfied with this.
  • Helps the customers to take perfect decision
  • Perfect for digital marketing
  • Allows the immediate interaction
  • Can’t install it more than one device
  • Some complained excess utilization of space
  • Better responsibility for the customers
WhatsApp Business is a perfect software with the best features. It is a great for small and medium enterprise. It is all suited for the perfect communication with customers for better performance. The customers can easily take decisions with the immediate interaction by the company. Now a days it is more effective because all are involved in digital marketing thus the software helps it.
Nilufa Hossain | TrustRadius Reviewer
We shaped external and internal communication easily with the WhatsApp Business in our whole organization. Its features are extremely beneficial, and small businesses, like ours, frequently make use of them. When compared to the standard/regular WhatsApp, the WhatsApp Business edition has a few key differences. Intuitive usability meets innovative productivity in this software package. On the surface, the two applications appear to be nearly identical. But the Business app has a “B,” which is a speech bubble. We’ll know we are talking to a business because it lists us as a corporate account. It offers clients peace of mind knowing they are dealing with a reputable business. The company’s profiles are available on the site and serve additional details. For the sake of convenience, we can implement directions and include our address and location on this page. In terms of hours and summaries, WhatsApp Business lends us an excellent overview of our business.
  • Sending files is as simple as emailing and getting a quick response from the recipient. API support, as is notification management based on timing.
  • Incoming message responses are automatically and quickly processed. Unique features include speed and practicality, which are uncommon in similar tools and allow for a more personalized and efficient benefit for the customer.
  • Complete the sketch with a focus on business efficiency and the ease of boosting and removing users.
  • It is used to direct questions about anyone in the departments or individuals within the company.
  • Including important information like an address, website, email, working hours, and activity segment is necessary for companies to provide professional work.
  • Scalability is difficult to suggest, and the quality of the links, especially when made on video, should be improved.
  • Traveling with WhatsApp Business is tricky because unable to hold calls, and the app is banned in some countries.
  • It's possible to improve API support and extract the application's satisfaction index.
WhatsApp Business web function is useful for typing information directly on the computer rather than the phone. WhatsApp Business gives access to the API to developers so they can incorporate it into their applications and services. Suppose we can get a fast response from customers through casual conversations. It’s great for immediate contact; as a bonus, it’s the best way to keep track of conversations with clients and else. It equipped WhatsApp Business Messenger with all the tools for managing a business. It is, however, equally effective.
We currently use it in our sales department to pitch our products, access the human resources and employer branding. This is mainly used in our sales, marketing and HR areas. During this pandemic, this utility generally gave us the solution to access those who couldn't go to the markets and want to buy online. Its a digital solution. You can post your products easily. It is user friendly.
  • This feature shows the authenticity of the product seller, helps the customer to make better decision
  • Perfect for digital marketing and selling
  • Seller can upload Catalogues that can be useful for the customers in making decision
  • The newest update has created many issues for the users, mainly the issues with the camera, photos and chatting with customers
  • Some complained of excess utilization of space
  • Reduction of size and quality of the uploaded pictures
In pandemic COVID 19, where business went bankrupt, these type of solutions made them back on their feet.
Many housewives have shifted their focus on home businesses and this is the best platform to do and grow your business
Many big names in the industry have opted for this utility and have grown their business
It is easy to use and have a wider reach.
Hasan Md Ripon | TrustRadius Reviewer
WhatsApp business is used across my organisation. We are small hardware business serving the requirement of many renowned companies in Bangladesh. We normally sell our services and products to individual customers as well. We use to update our catalogues in the application with details. Customers find it very useful and knock us directly through WhatsApp in terms of ordering. We can easily reach the customers as per their demand and Demography. This application helps us getting connected to the new customers as well as our existing clients.
  • Easy to use.
  • WhatsApp is widely used by majority of the people.
  • Product catalog update.
  • Direct contact with the customers.
  • Secured connection and ad free.
  • Video catalog might help.
  • Good to have a demonstration of usage.
WhatsApp business is extremely useful for small-scale businesses as the SME needs to address the ultimate end users. We could easily track the customer's order and update them about our product portfolio. Customers can easily have a look at the catalog and connect with the seller. You can also segment your customers Against the Demography.
WhatsApp Business is being used to facilitate communication between company and customer. Although we use other tools for communication, WhatsApp Business helps in immediate contact with the customer. When we need a quick return it is the best alternative to contact our customers. The file upload function is another plus.
  • Fast and accurate communication
  • Sending files
  • Creating groups for each project
  • At the moment I can't think of anything that could be improved.
WhatsApp Business is very suitable for immediate contact with customers when a quick return is expected through informal conversations. WhatsApp Business is not the best option for documenting conversations or formally chatting with company customers and partners. In this case, we have other options on the market that can better serve the company.
Gede Suardana | TrustRadius Reviewer
WhatsApp Business [has] help[ed] my company to grow more [with] additional tools in marketing ways to spread my product and businesses. WhatsApp Business has a feature [of] a [gallery] for our products, displa[ing the] best picture[s]. Our customer[s] has access to review it if they are connecting as [a] contact [as well]. By [the] time being, WhatsApp Business improving to provide you all company profile that can reach by anyone[.]
  • Easy to use, register by phone number same as WhatsApp personal
  • Providing to attach company profile by [submitting] open and close you [business, gallery] picture of your product
  • Auto replay for costumer that would contact you, and we can set quick [information] about the company
  • WhatsApp Business and personal can be download at the same smartphone by register differents number
  • Allow you split chat between business and personal
  • WhatsApp Business has registered with only 1 phone number for [lifetime]
  • Display name[s] are permanent
  • Once your [business] is closed forever, need to changes [the] number of WhatsApp Business
  • [The] costumer has access to see your [profile] and copy them for their purpose
WhatsApp Business is very [suitable] for my company. My company is restaurant industry has a space to provide what my customer needed. By WhatsApp Business, [I] can provide my product picture[s] that can be accessed by costumer[s]. As [a] company, we can analyze from the picture that has been displayed which picture the most help to improve our sales
It is being used by our entire department team to help us all be in constant communication. We are all satisfied by the service and the different ways we can all adapt and use it to our advantages. At the moment we have not experienced any business problems related to the app. The only one that comes to mind is when the network is down. But we have no control over that.
  • It's the most used in Latin America.
  • It shows the status of the message.
  • Allows the immediate interaction.
  • It's easier to establish a clear communication between the company and the client.
  • It can on occasion mix business and private communications.
  • Can't install it on more than one device.
  • More responsibility for the user.
Whatsapp Business has been very well suited [for] me and my colleagues. Great for small or large businesses. The communication is simply the greatest. Between company and client everything is very clear. And more importantly if well set up, the client can view all the company has to offer with just a touch of a finger.
WhatsApp Business app is used for a lot of communications between clients, colleagues and for store and some new products or promotions. It's a perfect app to send a message or call. [Having] video calling available is also a plus. And that all is completely free. Sound quality is mostly very good. [Another] good thing is that can use it on PC as well.
  • Free use.
  • Options (store, away message, quick replies).
  • Sending documents.
  • Location sharing.
  • Free calls to other WA users.
  • In a group, only admin can add new person.
Great tool for use in private and business spheres of life.
Varun Kainthla | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whatsapp business is currently used by our sales team at Wipro. It addresses the problem of not having a personal and professional relationship with a client at the same time. It is usually used to interact with a client and ask about their preferences regularly regarding a certain product requested by them.
  • Most of the clients are on WhatsApp since it is so famous. This removes the hassle of telling a client to download a special software just so we can communicate with them without interruptions.
  • Can send virtually all kind of data through chats.
  • Ease of use: It is really easy to use for both the business and the clients, even with not so tech-savvy people.
  • Selling goods is even easier due to whatsapp pay.
  • It has an API, which makes interacting with customers faster and easier. One can even send programmed messages through this.
  • UI is terrible for retrieving a large number of messages. It takes a lot of time to reach previous messages of clients, though there are options like starred or search that does allow one to reach a particular message directly.
  • Only one business account is allowed that is active on only one phone which makes it hard for a big company.
  • Security is an issue as it is owned by Facebook and Facebook does track and keep a record of phone number and other information which could be confidential.
It is best suited if you have a small or medium business. In the case of large companies, it fails due to its one account on one phone limitation. It is also good for people who want to sell goods, as one can easily provide the product ad in WhatsApp stories and people can pay for them through WhatsApp pay.
Estácio Sardeiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had the opportunity to install and configure WhatsApp Business in a school to facilitate interaction between parents, students, teachers, and the school's administration. Specific groups were created, one for each class, according to the level of education, which facilitated the availability of virtual teaching material as well as the monitoring of printed material. It was one of the first tools we applied in this moment of social distancing.
  • Some unique characteristics, hardly found in similar tools, are speed and practicality, which enable a more humanized and rapid service for the client.
  • Another fundamental point is the mobility of communication, especially in the case of home-office work. Communication between employees, clients, and managers is almost instantaneous.
  • The possibility of adding important information, such as an address, website, email, working hours, and the segment of activity is necessary for companies to offer an increasingly professional service.
  • As a suggestion, it would be good to pay better attention to the quality of the links, especially when made on video.
  • If there is no waiting at the time of using the application, it is very likely that you have the opposite effect: instead of engaging your client, you end up pushing them away.
Despite the similarities between WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger, it is necessary to understand the main difference between them, which is evident in their names: WhatsApp Business is designed for professional use by small and medium enterprises and WhatsApp Messenger is for the personal use--interaction with friends and relatives. It is not possible to extract from WhatsApp Messenger all the potential necessary for the management of a company, but do not underestimate the ability of WhatsApp Business.
So far I have never needed to use support services. This rating was given, based on the quality of the product, because this application designed for business use, has been increasingly used by small and medium enterprises, for service and offering of products and services.
October 04, 2020

Great Business Software.

Gerson Freitas Vital | TrustRadius Reviewer
WhatsApp Business has contributed a lot with details in logistics, transportation, and customer relations.
  • Quick responses
  • Hang tags
  • Very complete profile
  • Business efficiency
  • Customer support
  • Scalability difficulty.
  • It is not possible to put a WhatsApp call on hold.
  • Satisfaction index, for example, cannot yet be extracted from the application.

Would like the possibility to add important information, such as an address, website, e-mail, working hours, and industry.

This is extremely important information so that companies can fulfill orders via WhatsApp. One of the biggest disadvantages of WhatsApp, therefore, is its scalability difficulty. The greater the number of interactions, the more difficulty you will have in strategy planning, monitoring interactions, and managing these transactions or orders.

I believe that the service is very good. There will always be a willingness on the part of the entire organization to evolve and I know that their support is part of this.
April 30, 2020

Salvatore Tramonte | TrustRadius Reviewer
WhatsApp Business is a free app designed and developed for SME enterprises. It has been adopted within my company to enable team communication. We tried many communication tools before WhatsApp Bbusiness and I can confirm it is an easy-to-use tool and a widely adopted solution.
  • Notification management based on timing.
  • API suport.
  • Automatic quick reply to incoming messages.
  • Connectivity: your phone should be connected to the network to be available.
  • Nuisance: groups sometimes can be tedious if they are not muted.
  • API support can be improved.
WhatsApp Business is good for managing relationships with clients and customers. It fits well in small to medium sized enterprises. In my opinion it is not the right choice for big firms. WhatsApp Business provides API access that enables developers to integrate it into their software. In my company we implemented a Chatbot in WhatsApp Business to answer back to our clients.
I never contact them.
January 22, 2020

WhatsApp for Business

There are so many people who are using WhatsApp Business to communicate. We have many employees and clients who use the application too. WhatsApp Business is used to inform staff and customers of weather conditions, delays, and ward off other calamities. It is also helpful in communicating event information like holiday parties, open enrollment, and wellness fairs.
  • Easy to maintain a user community in terms of adding or removing people.
  • Employee/ customer questions can be directed to appropriate sources.
  • People have to download a new app on their phone.
  • The tool is banned in some countries, so it is not useful employees/ clients want to obtain information while traveling.
WhatsApp Business is useful to view messages on the phone, but it requires internet connectivity or network data to view messages. The WhatsApp Business Web feature is handy as one can type information on the computer rather than type on the phone. The use of emojis is particularly helpful while communicating. Photos and documents can also be shared. Not all employees are using WhatsApp Business, so we do need to use additional channels like phone, email, text to communicate.
There were some issues in the beginning when the app used to get hanged. We had emailed customer support, and we received a response promptly. There was an issue with the phone where some updates had to be downloaded. You can also complete a form online to contact customer support. The staff can speak many languages.