Couldn't Be Easier!

September 14, 2021
The whole organization uses this software to manage their schedules, time off, etc. It is a great tool to help management avoid additional …

Great for Shift Management

September 13, 2021
When I Work is primarily used by the delivery drivers to coordinate schedules and ensure that just the right amount of people are working …

Good value

February 28, 2020
When I Work is being used for our customer support team to track what each agent is supposed to be doing at any time—tickets, phones, …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of When I Work, and make your voice heard!

Essentials

$4

Advanced

$6

Complete

$8

per month per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://wheniwork.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $4 per month per user

What is When I Work?

When I Work in St.Paul, Minnesota offers their eponymous platform for time & attendance and workforce management, featuring employee self-service and the capability to broadcast and fill empty shifts in "less than 30 seconds," for small workforces and larger companies as well.

When I Work Video

It's About Time

When I Work Technical Details

When I Work starts at $4.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.7.

The most common users of When I Work are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Retail industry.

September 14, 2021

Couldn't Be Easier!

Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work is great! Very convenient, flexible, and easy to use. It allows people to clock in and out through the app and request time off, set preferred schedules, and even trade shifts that are up for grabs. It may be difficult to navigate if you have a variety of different supervisors or people that need to be notified or approve time off and schedules.
September 13, 2021

Great for Shift Management

When I Work wouldn't be as useful in a situation where everybody's schedule is the same every day, and it's okay if you miss a day. This software is better for business where you need a specific amount of workers at a time, potentially with a large pool of part time workers.
Sasha Brito | TrustRadius Reviewer
I recommend When I Work to those companies that are looking for a way to manage work schedules and want to increase the productivity of all employees. This is an important platform that would bring excellent results to small, medium and large companies. This is a constant monitoring system which allows employees to complete their tasks in the indicated time, When I Work sends automated alerts when an employee is not complying with their tasks and this allows us to know exactly the productivity we are having in each one of the sectors. It is an excellent platform for planning and administration of working hours, it has a very easy-to-use UI that allows schedules to be easily managed. Without a doubt, When I Work would be a perfect implementation for any sector or company, since it has a lot of potential to collect exact data on compliance with working hours.
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work has been extremely helpful in coordinating schedules between 8 different locations. It allows you to see each employee's schedule so you save time by seeing who is actually working and who is off that could potentially fill an opening. The group chat allows us to alert everyone at once when we have specials, encounter an issue with our POS system, etc. This saves an immense amount of time for our upper management and store managers.
Not great if you have multiple types of employees. We have salaried, hourly, and work at home hourly. Their platform cannot accommodate all types of employees. They sold me something that they went back and said was not actually what they sold me on trying to accommodate. They don't even know their own product. Can't get someone on the phone to help, so you're stuck trying to type your issues out. It never got resolved but not worth the hassle to move to a new platform right now.
I loved that there is a When I Work app, so that volunteers and employees can have access to the schedule all the time. This was essential for us since some of our people were international and couldn't always access their computer/internet, but could connect to wi-fi easily in public places. The ability to track when tasks were completed was essential as well.
ANNA CARABALLO | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our Scheduling Coordinator uses When I Work for scheduling everything from shifts to training. Being able to title the shifts anything allows use of WWhen I WorkIW in many other areas because the shift can be anything we need as well as their role.
While I don't have first-hand experience in using When I Work with a large group I could see that it might become confusing to schedule for a group over 15-20. I say this merely because the list of employees shown on the given screen can only go up to around 13-14. One might make the mistake of leaving off a staff member simply because they don't show on the first page.

In my world, however, most of my staff fall on one page and I have everything I need at a glance to see where we need coverage. It's really a great product!
When I Work is a great solution for anyone that needs to schedule employees or fill positions that employees can choose from. The messaging and communication around open shifts are really great. When I Work probably isn't well suited for time-off tracking for full-time or salaried employees. The functionality seems geared more towards hourly work with varied schedules.
February 28, 2020

Good value

When I Work is well suited for basic scheduling. If you need to adjust your schedule frequently, I do not think it is the best tool - it is time-consuming to update without a template.
Carol Fittell | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work is great for a constantly changing schedule where staff availability is constantly changing, too. It's also great for scheduling between multiple locations where certain staff work at more than one location. It's also good for consistent schedules that stay mostly the same week to week, though I wish their template options were more robust.
When I work is well suited to use to keep track of whom is confirmed to work when and on what event/s (technically called "schedules" in When I Work). It is not suited to communicate needed information to your workers. If you are looking for something all-inclusive, like Yardi for real estate, When I Work is not it.
February 13, 2020

We're Loving It!

Talitha Rieken | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has been great for shift sharing and filling open shifts within our own group. As an organization, we haven't had to spend as much on external temp agencies, because our own team members can see what shifts are available in an easy-to-use platform and are able to pick them up internally.
When I Work has been a great scheduling tool for us and helps us keep track of our staff with a variety of different shifts. We don't use it for payroll purposes, but we do use it to double-check that the hours a student inputs into our internal time tracking system match the hours they were assigned a shift and scheduled to work in When I work.
İhsan Akkarpuz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Considering the workforce we have (around 10k employees) every single individual can use the product without experiencing major issues. Both employees and management team are quite satisfied with the output of installing When I Work.
When I Work is well suited for employee clock-in or clock-out, messaging with the scheduler or manager, employee requests for time off, confirming shifts and time sheets, and syncing work with a separate calendar. When I Work is easy for the employee and has easy access through apps on Android or iOS.