When I Work Reviews

May 17, 2020
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

When I Work has been extremely helpful in coordinating schedules between 8 different locations. It allows you to see each employee's schedule so you save time by seeing who is actually working and who is off that could potentially fill an opening. The group chat allows us to alert everyone at once when we have specials, encounter an issue with our POS system, etc. This saves an immense amount of time for our upper management and store managers.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
ANNA CARABALLO | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Our Scheduling Coordinator uses When I Work for scheduling everything from shifts to training. Being able to title the shifts anything allows use of WWhen I WorkIW in many other areas because the shift can be anything we need as well as their role.
Read ANNA CARABALLO's full review
Amy Morgeson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

While I don't have first-hand experience in using When I Work with a large group I could see that it might become confusing to schedule for a group over 15-20. I say this merely because the list of employees shown on the given screen can only go up to around 13-14. One might make the mistake of leaving off a staff member simply because they don't show on the first page.

In my world, however, most of my staff fall on one page and I have everything I need at a glance to see where we need coverage. It's really a great product!
Read Amy Morgeson's full review
February 27, 2020
Carol Fittell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

When I Work is great for a constantly changing schedule where staff availability is constantly changing, too. It's also great for scheduling between multiple locations where certain staff work at more than one location. It's also good for consistent schedules that stay mostly the same week to week, though I wish their template options were more robust.
Read Carol Fittell's full review
February 13, 2020
Talitha Rieken | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

It has been great for shift sharing and filling open shifts within our own group. As an organization, we haven't had to spend as much on external temp agencies, because our own team members can see what shifts are available in an easy-to-use platform and are able to pick them up internally.
Read Talitha Rieken's full review
March 09, 2020

Likelihood to Recommend

Not great if you have multiple types of employees. We have salaried, hourly, and work at home hourly. Their platform cannot accommodate all types of employees. They sold me something that they went back and said was not actually what they sold me on trying to accommodate. They don't even know their own product. Can't get someone on the phone to help, so you're stuck trying to type your issues out. It never got resolved but not worth the hassle to move to a new platform right now.

Likelihood to Recommend

I loved that there is a When I Work app, so that volunteers and employees can have access to the schedule all the time. This was essential for us since some of our people were international and couldn't always access their computer/internet, but could connect to wi-fi easily in public places. The ability to track when tasks were completed was essential as well.

Likelihood to Recommend

For schedulers that don't have a ton of time to sit down and do their schedules each week, OR if you have employees that have varying availabilities, When I Work makes it very easy to coordinate and quickly produce staff schedules.
March 02, 2020

Likelihood to Recommend

When I Work is a great solution for anyone that needs to schedule employees or fill positions that employees can choose from. The messaging and communication around open shifts are really great. When I Work probably isn't well suited for time-off tracking for full-time or salaried employees. The functionality seems geared more towards hourly work with varied schedules.
February 27, 2020

Likelihood to Recommend

When I Work is well suited for basic scheduling. If you need to adjust your schedule frequently, I do not think it is the best tool - it is time-consuming to update without a template.
February 22, 2020

Likelihood to Recommend

When I work is well suited to use to keep track of whom is confirmed to work when and on what event/s (technically called "schedules" in When I Work). It is not suited to communicate needed information to your workers. If you are looking for something all-inclusive, like Yardi for real estate, When I Work is not it.
February 08, 2020

Likelihood to Recommend

When I Work has been a great scheduling tool for us and helps us keep track of our staff with a variety of different shifts. We don't use it for payroll purposes, but we do use it to double-check that the hours a student inputs into our internal time tracking system match the hours they were assigned a shift and scheduled to work in When I work.
January 02, 2020
İhsan Akkarpuz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Considering the workforce we have (around 10k employees) every single individual can use the product without experiencing major issues. Both employees and management team are quite satisfied with the output of installing When I Work.
Read İhsan Akkarpuz's full review
November 27, 2019
Carol Koppenaal | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

It's a great product, but hard to integrate with anything else that we have. As a stand-alone though, we really like it and it works great for our time keeping needs.
Read Carol Koppenaal's full review
November 19, 2019

Likelihood to Recommend

When I Work is well suited for employee clock-in or clock-out, messaging with the scheduler or manager, employee requests for time off, confirming shifts and time sheets, and syncing work with a separate calendar. When I Work is easy for the employee and has easy access through apps on Android or iOS.
January 18, 2018
AK Cyrway | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

The free version of When I Work are great for start-ups and small businesses; the free version can manage up to 75 employees. Custom shifts are easy to make, and one can organize by certain job descriptions.
Read AK Cyrway's full review
December 13, 2017
Nick Stanley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

When I work is good for a small business with 1 or 2 locations. Also good if you are well versed in IT/technology and don't need a lot of support. If your business is getting bigger, it may be more difficult to manage.
Read Nick Stanley's full review
October 24, 2017
James Mcbride | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Recommend

Well suited in role of having to organize many people's schedules and needing coverage.
Not useful when an office works 9-5 and everyone has the same schedule.
Read James Mcbride's full review

What is When I Work?

When I Work in St.Paul, Minnesota offers their eponymous platform for time & attendance and workforce management, featuring employee self-service and the capability to broadcast and fill empty shifts in "less than 30 seconds," for small workforces and larger companies as well.

When I Work Technical Details