Couldn't Be Easier!

Great for Shift Management

September 13, 2021

Good value

February 28, 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of When I Work, and make your voice heard!

Essentials

$4

Advanced

$6

Complete

$8

per month per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://wheniwork.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $4 per month per user

What is When I Work?

When I Work in St.Paul, Minnesota offers their eponymous platform for time & attendance and workforce management, featuring employee self-service and the capability to broadcast and fill empty shifts in "less than 30 seconds," for small workforces and larger companies as well.

When I Work Video

It's About Time

When I Work Technical Details

When I Work starts at $4.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.7.

The most common users of When I Work are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Retail industry.

September 14, 2021

Couldn't Be Easier!

Emily Hammell | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole organization uses this software to manage their schedules, time off, etc. It is a great tool to help management avoid additional schedule changes since it allows employees to set their availability and time off all in one app. It also helps managers avoid over staffing by allowing weekly limits on shifts.
September 13, 2021

Great for Shift Management

When I Work is primarily used by the delivery drivers to coordinate schedules and ensure that just the right amount of people are working at the required times. It has a great tool that allows you to sign up for shifts and then request others take your shift. It will send a message to the coworkers so they can view whether they could do it.
Sasha Brito | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our main objective when we started using When I Work was that we had the possibility to keep a more exact control for the tasks that had to be completed by a specific employee, When I Work offered us very good expectations and promised us the ability to have an administration of working hours that would allow us to be more productive in the long term. This platform was implemented in the most important areas of our company, such as the Marketing, Sales, Finance and Customer Service sectors. For us, it has been totally beneficial to make use of this platform, since it met each of our expectations and provided favorable results in a very short time.

The results with When I Work began to be noticed after 1 week of use, we noticed the radical changes in the control of working hours. With this platform we have achieved that our workers are more punctual in the corresponding work hours, in addition, we have also achieved that they can exchange working hours between them, thanks to the excellent communication that this platform has provided and that has also allowed them to carry out carry out a planning for the culmination of working hours. It has been very important to have When I Work in our company, our workers have been more productive and we can know more directly who is working in the different working hours of the company. I am satisfied with the results obtained with When I Work.
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work is being used company-wide across all eight locations. We use it for schedule coordinating and publishing, group chat between the entire company as well as individual stores, time off requests and shift coverage, etc. It gives our staff a platform for covering their own shifts if they cannot work without having to share their personal information with people they don't know. Management is able to share weekly specials, make company-wide announcements, etc. without having to use their personal phone. Management can see contact information for all employees company-wide, as well as all schedules. This saves a ton of time when trying to find coverage for the restaurant.
For an event I coordinated, I chose to use When I Work last summer. I had volunteers and employees working on my team, and I needed a way to coordinate their travel schedules as well as our actual work schedules before, during, and after the event. When I Work helped me see what times of each day I was in need of more help, and where everyone would be when.
ANNA CARABALLO | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work is used at AMT for mainly scheduling and payroll. It is very useful for the staff and managers to keep track of everyone's schedules and alert them with reminders. Our accounting department also uses it in conjunction with another program in order to run payroll. It keeps our schedules organized!
We use When I Work across all departments of our country club. In addition to making scheduling a breeze, it allows me to easily view the various department schedules and make decisions based on short-term forecasted revenues. This allows me to better control labor costs. Another feature of When I Work that I make use of is the chat tool. It allows for quick communications with team members.
When I Work is used by our whole staff for our time management and scheduling needs. It simplifies my job as supervisor/director of the library in that I play many roles and the task of maintaining employee timesheets and scheduling their shifts had previously taken up and a large amount of my time. Having this program frees me up to focus on other duties I cover.
We're currently operating a team of part-time employees that work on varying schedules. We have often needed to swap shifts or post open shifts for employees to pick up. When I Work has been a great solution for us to post and communicate employee schedules, as well as keeping track of hours worked for payroll.
February 28, 2020

Good value

When I Work is being used for our customer support team to track what each agent is supposed to be doing at any time—tickets, phones, lunches, meetings, etc.
When I Work is the primary website we use for scheduling our freelance workers on events. Our entire department relies upon it, and it has proven useful for us to be able to book many different events at the same time and keep track of it all.
February 13, 2020

We're Loving It!

Talitha Rieken | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use When I Work as our general work schedule for our team members, as well as a platform to fill open shifts. We have over 40 locations in the Twin Cities and this helps us keep our positions staffed with internal employees, rather than going outside of the organization for short term coverage.
I work in the Conference & Event Management office at a university and we use When I Work for our summer student staff. We have a flexible schedule and various different shifts, so When I Work helps us keep track of who's working what when and helps our student employees keep track of their ever-changing work schedule. Before When I Work we were relying on student supervisors to keep track of who was working (or not working) any given shift and now anyone on our team can consult the When I Work schedule and see the full scheduling picture.
İhsan Akkarpuz | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work was adapted by all departments involved in a working scheme (2 shifts or more per day). The reason was to arrange employee shifts as per manufacturing schedules. However, users had noticed that the product not only offered scheduling stuff but also personal things such as annual vacations, salary scripts, health care tracking and so on. We decided to implement the product in every department regardless of their working-scheme. So now the product is being utilized company wide [and is] achieving the utmost satisfaction.
When I Work is my company's main software to clock in and clock out of shifts. We use this software for exempt and non-exempt employees. We also use When I Work to request time off, update shifts, and communicate with the scheduler. I currently use this software daily and found it to be better than the traditional paper clock-in system.
AK Cyrway | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I Work is a powerful web tool for scheduling and employee management. Even in the free version, employees can request time off, take open shifts, take part in team chat, and report availability. The interface is simple and easy to grasp.
Nick Stanley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use When I Work for most of our business. It really helps out our store managers with scheduling and timekeeping. We previously used pencil and paper; it was a great improvement to move this to an electronic fashion. Timesheets for payroll are all done quickly now, with the managers not having to add up paper time cards.
James Mcbride | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it in our support department for our schedule of user experience people. We also use it to keep track of PTO and schedules when needed. This has helped us greatly in figuring out who is on and at what times. This has also been great to track PTO requests and who is off that day.