When I Work Reviews

Talitha Rieken | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

We're Loving It!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work as our general work schedule for our team members, as well as a platform to fill open shifts. We have over 40 locations in the Twin Cities and this helps us keep our positions staffed with internal employees, rather than going outside of the organization for short term coverage.
Read Talitha Rieken's full review
İhsan Akkarpuz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work was adapted by all departments involved in a working scheme (2 shifts or more per day). The reason was to arrange employee shifts as per manufacturing schedules. However, users had noticed that the product not only offered scheduling stuff but also personal things such as annual vacations, salary scripts, health care tracking and so on. We decided to implement the product in every department regardless of their working-scheme. So now the product is being utilized company wide [and is] achieving the utmost satisfaction.
Read İhsan Akkarpuz's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I work in the Conference & Event Management office at a university and we use When I Work for our summer student staff. We have a flexible schedule and various different shifts, so When I Work helps us keep track of who's working what when and helps our student employees keep track of their ever-changing work schedule. Before When I Work we were relying on student supervisors to keep track of who was working (or not working) any given shift and now anyone on our team can consult the When I Work schedule and see the full scheduling picture.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is my company's main software to clock in and clock out of shifts. We use this software for exempt and non-exempt employees. We also use When I Work to request time off, update shifts, and communicate with the scheduler. I currently use this software daily and found it to be better than the traditional paper clock-in system.
AK Cyrway | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is a powerful web tool for scheduling and employee management. Even in the free version, employees can request time off, take open shifts, take part in team chat, and report availability. The interface is simple and easy to grasp.
Read AK Cyrway's full review
Nick Stanley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work for most of our business. It really helps out our store managers with scheduling and timekeeping. We previously used pencil and paper; it was a great improvement to move this to an electronic fashion. Timesheets for payroll are all done quickly now, with the managers not having to add up paper time cards.
Read Nick Stanley's full review
James Mcbride | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it in our support department for our schedule of user experience people. We also use it to keep track of PTO and schedules when needed. This has helped us greatly in figuring out who is on and at what times. This has also been great to track PTO requests and who is off that day.
Read James Mcbride's full review

About When I Work

When I Work in St.Paul, Minnesota offers their eponymous platform for time & attendance and workforce management, featuring employee self-service and the capability to broadcast and fill empty shifts in "less than 30 seconds," for small workforces and larger companies as well.

When I Work Technical Details