When I Work Reviews

May 17, 2020
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is being used company-wide across all eight locations. We use it for schedule coordinating and publishing, group chat between the entire company as well as individual stores, time off requests and shift coverage, etc. It gives our staff a platform for covering their own shifts if they cannot work without having to share their personal information with people they don't know. Management is able to share weekly specials, make company-wide announcements, etc. without having to use their personal phone. Management can see contact information for all employees company-wide, as well as all schedules. This saves a ton of time when trying to find coverage for the restaurant.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
ANNA CARABALLO | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is used at AMT for mainly scheduling and payroll. It is very useful for the staff and managers to keep track of everyone's schedules and alert them with reminders. Our accounting department also uses it in conjunction with another program in order to run payroll. It keeps our schedules organized!
Read ANNA CARABALLO's full review
Amy Morgeson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is used by our whole staff for our time management and scheduling needs. It simplifies my job as supervisor/director of the library in that I play many roles and the task of maintaining employee timesheets and scheduling their shifts had previously taken up and a large amount of my time. Having this program frees me up to focus on other duties I cover.
Read Amy Morgeson's full review
February 27, 2020
Carol Fittell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work for all our shift/scheduling needs across 3 locations. We use it for scheduling, communicating availability, time off requests, clocking hours, and exporting to QuickBooks for payment.
Read Carol Fittell's full review
February 13, 2020
Talitha Rieken | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work as our general work schedule for our team members, as well as a platform to fill open shifts. We have over 40 locations in the Twin Cities and this helps us keep our positions staffed with internal employees, rather than going outside of the organization for short term coverage.
Read Talitha Rieken's full review
Liz Ward | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work for all of our hourly employees. We have used a web-based pay clock for many years. When I Work has been the most effective solution we have found to-date.
Read Liz Ward's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

For an event I coordinated, I chose to use When I Work last summer. I had volunteers and employees working on my team, and I needed a way to coordinate their travel schedules as well as our actual work schedules before, during, and after the event. When I Work helped me see what times of each day I was in need of more help, and where everyone would be when.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work across all departments of our country club. In addition to making scheduling a breeze, it allows me to easily view the various department schedules and make decisions based on short-term forecasted revenues. This allows me to better control labor costs. Another feature of When I Work that I make use of is the chat tool. It allows for quick communications with team members.
March 02, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We're currently operating a team of part-time employees that work on varying schedules. We have often needed to swap shifts or post open shifts for employees to pick up. When I Work has been a great solution for us to post and communicate employee schedules, as well as keeping track of hours worked for payroll.
February 27, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is being used for our customer support team to track what each agent is supposed to be doing at any time—tickets, phones, lunches, meetings, etc.
February 22, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is the primary website we use for scheduling our freelance workers on events. Our entire department relies upon it, and it has proven useful for us to be able to book many different events at the same time and keep track of it all.
February 08, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I work in the Conference & Event Management office at a university and we use When I Work for our summer student staff. We have a flexible schedule and various different shifts, so When I Work helps us keep track of who's working what when and helps our student employees keep track of their ever-changing work schedule. Before When I Work we were relying on student supervisors to keep track of who was working (or not working) any given shift and now anyone on our team can consult the When I Work schedule and see the full scheduling picture.
March 12, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is being used across the whole organization. Great for scheduling and tracking hours.
January 02, 2020
İhsan Akkarpuz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work was adapted by all departments involved in a working scheme (2 shifts or more per day). The reason was to arrange employee shifts as per manufacturing schedules. However, users had noticed that the product not only offered scheduling stuff but also personal things such as annual vacations, salary scripts, health care tracking and so on. We decided to implement the product in every department regardless of their working-scheme. So now the product is being utilized company wide [and is] achieving the utmost satisfaction.
Read İhsan Akkarpuz's full review
November 19, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is my company's main software to clock in and clock out of shifts. We use this software for exempt and non-exempt employees. We also use When I Work to request time off, update shifts, and communicate with the scheduler. I currently use this software daily and found it to be better than the traditional paper clock-in system.
January 18, 2018
AK Cyrway | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I Work is a powerful web tool for scheduling and employee management. Even in the free version, employees can request time off, take open shifts, take part in team chat, and report availability. The interface is simple and easy to grasp.
Read AK Cyrway's full review
December 13, 2017
Nick Stanley | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use When I Work for most of our business. It really helps out our store managers with scheduling and timekeeping. We previously used pencil and paper; it was a great improvement to move this to an electronic fashion. Timesheets for payroll are all done quickly now, with the managers not having to add up paper time cards.
Read Nick Stanley's full review
October 24, 2017
James Mcbride | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it in our support department for our schedule of user experience people. We also use it to keep track of PTO and schedules when needed. This has helped us greatly in figuring out who is on and at what times. This has also been great to track PTO requests and who is off that day.
Read James Mcbride's full review

What is When I Work?

When I Work in St.Paul, Minnesota offers their eponymous platform for time & attendance and workforce management, featuring employee self-service and the capability to broadcast and fill empty shifts in "less than 30 seconds," for small workforces and larger companies as well.

When I Work Technical Details