Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of When I Work, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $4 per month per user
- Easy to use
- Easy to navigate
- Branding options
- Manage multiple businesses
- Shift management.
- Coworker communication.
- Intuitive UI.
- More confirmation messages in case you accidentally select a shift you don't want.
- An option to get notified when open shifts become available would be nice.
- Privacy should also have greater control options, for example not letting the profile picture show.
- The notification system is one of the most positive features that When I Work has. When I make changes to the working hours of my Marketing sector, my employees receive an instant notification on their cell phones, so they can be informed about what kind of changes I have made and what working hours correspond to them on a specific day.
- The user panel of each of my employees and mine are completely simple to understand and manage. My employees can view the corresponding working hours easily and without presenting any type of confusion. In my user panel I can manage all the schedules of my employees without presenting confusion, the administration process is very easy and it is one of the things I like the most about this platform.
- When I Work has a chat system that connects all employees. The chat system is very essential in this platform because it allows our employees to carry out a planning of working hours. Our employees can send messages instantly to plan the days, exchange them and postpone them. In addition, the chat system is always active, so that planning is more accurate.
- We use Square to be able to have a payroll system that is much more punctual with payments. When I Work has been a very complete integration with the payroll system, we have been able to integrate both platforms and have obtained surprising results. Our payroll system receives all the work information of my employees who use When I Work.
- I have not presented any problem in relation to the functionality of the platform, I have never witnessed any type of error during the daily use of When I Work.
- When we started using this platform, several questions arose about how to configure the collection and transfer of data to our payroll system. The When I Work Support team is one of the things that I did not like, because the support took a long time to give me a solution to my doubts and this caused me to have to hire a specialist to help me configure When I Work. I am not satisfied with the user support that When I Work has, very poor.
- Allows management to toggle between stores.
- Very user-friendly.
- Gives staff a platform to cover shifts without having to share their personal numbers with anyone.
- You cannot view inactive employees on the app.
- When pulling up the schedule on the app, it defaults to Tuesday when the screen is done loading.
- If you pull up an individual's schedule it removes your default settings. For example, I have mine set to just my store, but if I need to see an employee's schedule it resets those defaults. You're always looking at the last schedule you pulled up.
- Custom reports
- Lacking reports
- Doesn't stay within right pay period
- Sometimes slow
- Easy format
- Accessibility to make changes easily
- Occasional 'glitches' with schedules showing differently for each user
- Scheduling is decent. It takes a long time to figure out, but once you have it down, it works.
- Mobile app warns people of scheduled shift prevents missed shifts.
- Time tracking is accurate and easy to interpret.
- Customer service only available by chat or email. No phone- which is crazy, in my opinion. Slows down, getting things done.
- Understanding their charges is a pain. I still don't know what I am paying for.
- If you are being overcharged, they don't care; they keep you on billing for something in a group.
- The chat feature is extremely helpful for communicating instantly to a large number of people.
- When I Work has a nice dashboard that easily shows the last 5 days' labor costs.
- Their customer support team is responsive.
- The reporting is very limited unless you want to pay a lot for it.
- When I Work allowed me to color-code each employee's schedule.
- When I Work allowed me to show who was "off" during what time of day. This was essential for morale, as our event included 16-18 hour days, and I wanted to show that everyone had down time each day.
- For my purposes, I found the program easy to use and can't think of anything I would change.
- Alerting staff to their schedules
- Allowing for additional details to be added to shifts
- Organizing the schedules in a way that makes everything a bit more expedited, saving time and therefore money
- There are honestly no areas for improvement that we have found. They do a great job!
- Allows for better management of labor
- Reduces time spent on scheduling/staff management
- Improves staff communication
- When I Work has always provided excellent customer service.
- Improved schedules for "print" - Color coded, multi-department
- Being able to create shift templates and duplicate those is wonderful.
- I can easily delete, move or edit a shift with just a few clicks.
- I can see the schedule as a day, week or month and get a real sense of our coverage areas and needs.
- I can easily get the count of hours for an employee and relay this directly to our accounts person to create our payroll.
- When I Work is always looking for ways to improve and tweak issues, they will make changes accordingly, sometimes I'll find something new when I log in and it can be confusing for a moment but it doesn't take long to figure out the edit.
- The program itself is easy to pick up, I do need to dedicate more time to fully utilizing all of the tools it offers, perhaps period webinars to show what I/customers might not be taking advantage of.
- I really don't have a lot of negative feedback for the product. It's helped me in my daily job a great deal.
- Scheduling and notifications.
- Time off requests.
- Hourly tracking and reporting.
- Schedule templates.
- Ability to disable text notifications.
- Auto scheduling.
- Copying shifts to drag to other employees
- Lots of color options to make it easy to see the difference in shifts
- Making shifts longer and shorter by dragging them has always been buggy.
- It would be cool if when I mark a scheduled person as out sick if there was a way to make, for example, all of their phone shifts go out to others on the team scheduled to something different.
- Setting preferences and availability shows up in a clear, concise manner.
- Shifts drag and drop easily, and the view can be filtered many different ways.
- We schedule staff at multiple facilities and lets us track their hours all in one place.
- I wish it was easier to rearrange the order of the staff in the scheduler view.
- I wish it was easier to ensure you're dragging/dropping a shift to the right employee (alternately shaded rows would be a huge help!).
- I wish the total shift hours across various locations ("schedules") would be tallied, and not just the current location/schedule for the employee.
- Able to have many different schedules on the site at the same time, so we can use it to manage many events at the same time/over a long period of time.
- Both employer and employee can use the service and see what shifts a particular worker is booked to work.
- The website is commonly slow.
- We are forced to use several other services in addition to When I Work to be able to do all that we need to do. When I Work is not an all-inclusive service. We are not able to communicate to our workers through it, nor post information for them to be able to access, nor use it to track data (like certifications) over long periods of time.
- On-demand customer service.
- Updating the product to meet the demands of the customer.
- We would love to see the functionality of more than one email address per profile.
- With so many managers in our group and so many locations, we would like to have job sites alerts attached to the 'supervisor' security role for when team members pick up shifts. That way every manager doesn't get the alert for every job site.
- Mobile-friendly: our student staff loves the app and use it frequently to check their schedules.
- Straight forward the learning curve is minimal for our student staff and they can figure out how to use When I Work with only a quick tutorial.
- Setup is confusing and a little cumbersome.
- Some components are confusing: for example, never really sure what the difference is between selecting a schedule and selecting a position
- Superb scheduling and arrangements as per employee and employer needs
- Newly introduced mobile app with tons of features adding great value to the users
- The product might be updated to be more precise and lean as the latest edition contains so many features that I thought some of them [were] duplicating each other.
- Schedule publishing.
- Texting members.
- Connecting to our payroll.
- GPS track destination clock-in or out.
- Messaging with the scheduler.
- Time off requests.
- Easy tracking of previously logged hours.
- GPS tracking is not always accurate.
- Occasional app malfunction.
- Requesting time off can be unclear at times.
- Easy to read interface and display
- Ability to print to PDF for physical reports and record keeping
- Employee shift management
- While mouseovers are present, the menu could be designed better
- Popups in the free version covers up important features when viewed on smaller resolution monitors
- No direct print feature
- Electronic Scheduling and communications with employees about shifts
- Accurate Timekeeping
- Support really needs improvement. They don't take phone calls!
- They don't always think of every customer when making changes to the system, and the hierarchy in the system is pretty hardcoded, there's no way to build your own on who reports to who or a way for an assistant manager to cover for the manager.
- Great at allowing us to see at a glance who is working and what shift.
- Allows us to track the PTO requests.
- Allows us to customize based on the person and shift.
- Can we cumbersome when first setting it up.
- When trying to change a shift that is stable and going to be the same every day for the future can be tricky setting it up.