Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Windward Core, and make your voice heard!
Windward Hub Standard
Windward Hub Premium
Windward Core Pro
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $190 per month
- Tech Details
Embed Windward in an application to deliver a document automation component.
The vendor promises the following capabilities and differentiators:
Visually Outstanding Designs
Users can create designs and attractive layouts.
Smart Document Logic
With a conditional logic feature, users can personalize the content of their document to suit a wide range of audience.
Easy Template Creation
The vendor says their platform is fast and user friendly: in under an hour, any ordinary business professional can have their templates completed.
Do it Faster for Less
Users do not have to spend a lot on developing templates and documents even if they are trying to get them done fast. The vendor says their software can simplify the process of creating tailor-made templates and documents which will let you significantly save time and money.
- Supported: Visually Stunning Designs
- Supported: Smart Document Logic
- Supported: Massive Time Savings
- Supported: Incredibly Intuitive Interface
- Supported: Streamlined Cost Savings
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, Anything that has Java|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
- Increased productivity by over 50%.
- Helped my customers reduce their report template footprint by 75%.
- Freed up IT resources for other tasks.
- As a fully integrated solution, the ROI is impacted when a client gets stickier with our solution because they see the benefit of Windward.
- Support has been fantastic for our development team so that as we integrate the solutions we have a clear and clean design.
- Developers focus on more important things.
- Subject matter experts more directly involved in the template design.
- Saved us time in creating and maintaining our templates, compared to our previous vendors' complicated software.
- Allowed us to use a table we couldn't download information from.
- Allows us to streamline the process with templates.
- Easy to learn to use.
- Windward Studios is filled with features at half of the cost compared to other tools.
- Designing and automating reports with Windward makes the whole process shorter saving a lot of man-hours.
- Having non-technical people creating templates is a very positive impact.
- The ability to include logic in the design has helped our clients dramatically decrease the number of documents they need to maintain through consolidation.
- Ease of maintenance allows our clients to make changes and updates to design, even though they often have little to no technology background.
- We have a feature in our solutions where we can provide multiple data points and generate mass correspondence with a single click.
- We provide best practice templates for our clients, and then they can use those as a basis for their own financial institution's documents. They are able to customize the documents as needed. For instance, they can add their logos, change the color or font, or modify the document to conform to their corporate standards.
- Most of our templates are created using Microsoft Word. The Windward Designer is an add-on to Microsoft Word. This allows a template to be easily updated in Microsoft Word without development involvement. Baker Hill has a feature where these templates can be uploaded and tested prior to deployment to the user base. This allows a level of comfort for our financial institutions.
- I believe developers are still helpful for modifying and creating Windward documents, but Windward helps tremendously in reducing the time required for such changes.
- Allow cost savings to allow business users to update reports without involving a developer.
- Ease of maintenance for developers to help minimize their time writing reports.
- Cost effective solution for our organization on a reporting engine.
- Provides more user satisfaction.
- Cost saving for our customers.
- Time saving and flexibility.
- Windward Studios will allow us to duplicate templates from our current system into our newly built nextgen software application. This continuity of service is crucial to our customers.
- Having a user-friendly application allows us to train non-technical employees on how to create and revise templates without the need to utilize our developers or engineering resources.
- With Windward Studios we can expose the data needed for the report (i.e. build a view), and perhaps build the initial template. After that users can manage the document themselves, saving money on maintenance and implement changes more quickly.
- Changes to reports are so easy, users expect the same capabilities of our application. I only wish it was that easy.
- Reduced time-to-market for template changes because of the ease of use.
- No need for deep technical knowledge to perform the template changes
- Windward Studios is value for money. It is packed with features at a fraction of the cost compared to other tools.
- Windward Studios is business friendly. The designer is Office applications (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT). This limits the function of IT in the preparation of data sources. If the data architecture is done correctly, then you can have business users changing data tags as well.
- Embedding Windward into existing applications provides a DocGen and report module and gives a new life to even legacy applications. Sometimes the drive to modify/change an application is the lack of reporting/visibility in the operations. With Windward, you can have a query and analysis module developed with ease and even act as a BI tool.
- The main positive impacts are providing quick turnaround on customized customer documents, and the ability to have non-programmers design our reports. We also enjoy the flexibility in data source and output that Windward provides.
- Also, once we wrote our initial reporting library, most of our work now is just report designing and passing in different variables for different report types. Outside of regular version updating there really isn't much maintenance other than constant report design.
- The only negative impact is the yearly subscription/support contract and cost increases that have to be weighed against ROI with any software subscription service.