In our company Winshuttle is used for accounting, maintenance and human resources areas:
- Accounting - Massive accounting with many positions
I used Winshuttle while working at Nissan North America, I was the function project lead during our 1.5 implementation of SAP. During that …
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Winshuttle is a provider of enterprise applications for application data management and master data management, offering a broad vision for data management and governance that's needed to fuel business transformations that keep companies competitive.
Its tools, platforms and solutions reduce the friction of implementing data intensive, mission-critical processes in SAP by automating data movement tasks and critical workflows. The vendor says this helps to ensure business processes are orchestrated, repeatable and scalable.
- Supported: Data Movement
- Supported: Workflow Applications
- Supported: Data Governance
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Batch input operations
- Generates a detailed report of the records updated
- Robot Process Automation
- Limited functionality for some SAP transactions involving data grids.
- Works only for SAP Gui Client, not for SAP web UI like SAP CRM.
- Could offer concurrent licenses
- We are using this tool as part of our automation RPA project. Winshuttle can be automated too as an application.
- Good tool to standardize the processes within the company and how you think about the process.
- Can be used for department master data. We can easily execute data validation and, best of all, avoid manual data entry into SAP.
- Good tool to somehow design new scenarios for existing processes.
- While this is not part of automation and you are using it at your desktop, you can not use Excel once it runs.
- Error handling to definitely be more advanced.
- Single transaction license is relatively expensive. We have only like 3 licenses across the organization.
- User friendly for non-IT to use.
- Log all positive and negative messages within a load.
- Saves a lot of time when creating and updating data in SAP.
- Cannot use Excel when WinShuttle is in use.
- Reshuffling of assets depending on the business situation. Winshuttle enables an easy query, overwriting and push back of data into the live system.
- Clear message when the upload has failed.
- Transparent KPI reports and dashboards.
- Searching for duplicates in the live system - missing functionality.
- Performing updates on more than 2 layers on the system.
- Condition builder limitation of characters.
- TXT format pulled to the condition builder instead of Excel.
Winshuttle solutions offer easy-to-use automation tools for end users and functional analysts. These tools allow the user to connect to Microsoft Office applications, Excel or Access, with SAP data, unlike the tools provided by SAP, such as BDC, ABAP, etc., which are too technical for the users.
- One of the issues solved with Winshuttle Transaction; we receive a very large expense file with over 100,000 lines that used to take 2 to 3 days to input manually into SAP. This process now takes minutes. And the issue with SAP's restriction of 999 lines per posting is dealt with by having a second script linked scripts to continue to on with the data to post within the 999 limitations of SAP. This saves our accounts payable person time and wear and tear on their hands.
- Another excellent use of Winshuttle products is using Winshuttle Query, in the area of audit/monitoring of data. When making a sale via a credit card, we can only accept USD. There have been some issues where the person taking the order and doing the charge will accept it in Canadian currency, and this has caused some accounting issues. So to watch that this does not happen, I set up a query to 'watch' a particular field in that process and if that equal field CAD then sends a message. The "CAD CHECK" Query is a little process, but it helps to save time at the end of the line, during close. A small problem solved.
- Now for the large application using Query; the need for SAP data into Excel format was a very large 'pain' issue. The way to get the proper data from SAP into a place where it could be pulled into a formatted template was what was requested by the business owners. I built an SQL Database Tables and Views based on tables and particular fields from SAP. I then created the Winshuttle Queries that would pull the data nightly into files that would then be pulled into the SQL database. This data would then be pulled forward into the front end reporting tool. Winshuttle is helpful for the business user because they did not have to cut and paste all their data from their SAP Report Writer reports into their Excel files
- We use Winshuttle products in various departments - Finance, Controlling, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, Product Costing to mention a few. One of the other ways that I use the product is to support the business with a very large ad-hoc process. The QM department needs to unblock orders for use. Updating Purchase Price 1. There are many ways to use Winshuttle products. My motto for Winshuttle products is: "Winshuttle is great for what you know you need it for, but it is 'Fantastic' for what you DID NOT know you needed it for. Winshuttle is like the insurance policy of data control. You have to get this product! Because you don't know everything you need this product for but when you own it you will find out!"
- I have found that the Winshuttle product and the people at Winshuttle really 'own' their product. There is always room for adjustment and business demands are always changing. I have found that Winshuttle as a company listens to their customers idea's and tries to work those idea's into the product. The product and the company as a whole has stretched, grown changed and adapted to these ideas that the customer base has offered.
- As in all products, there is a learning curve. The previous versions of Winshuttle Transaction and Query were two separate executable programs. When using both products simultaneously - bouncing between the two - Transaction and Query - would slow things down. Winshuttle has just released their new Studio 11 which now offers a more contiguous GUI 'feel'. The access to both products is now in one place. There is a small adjustment period to get acquainted with the new Studio 11 version but it is easy for both the seasoned Winshuttle user and the new user to feel comfortable with the tool.
- Thanks to Winshuttle we could optimize our expense reports process. In the past we needed 3 accounting analysts and 3 days to process all expense reports created. So we always were delayed. With Winshuttle, all expense reports are processed in half a day and byjust 1 accounting analyst.
- We implemented a creative development combining Winshuttle Query and Excel Macros. Winshuttle Query reads all Entry Sheets from SAP and puts the information in a Excel sheet. Then a Excel Macro process the information, groups it and send a email with a PDF per provider with all information about entry sheets. Now our providers know exactly what services and materials they have sold us and they can create the invoice without errors.
- All materials text upgrades in differents languagues were optimized thanks to Winshuttle. We have almost 200 text materials changes per day and now with Winshuttle the job is done in 10 minutes.
- Winshuttle is great for automating manual activities, which are time-consuming and tedious, providing the users the ability to enter complex transactions very simplistically.
- Winshuttle helps optimize, streamline, and automate ERP data operations with no coding requirements, which helps provide the business users the flexibility they need at their fingertips.
- It's great for critical data cut-over activities for loading open balances for example in balance sheet items, for loading assets, etc, which could be quite time consuming and in general error-prone when not done accurately.
- The use of Winshuttle is particularly helpful with systems where data volumes are always very high. If data volumes are not an issue, the use of Winshuttle for cut-over activities might not result in a significant perceivable difference in time savings.
- For businesses and sectors that rely on business processes that are complex and tedious with a lot of manual interventions, Winshuttle comes in real handy. However, in situations of fairly straightforward business cases, it would be hard to see perceivable gains from the use of Winshuttle.
- At times, the use of complex business process with multiple fields from one transaction needs to be fed into the next for further processing, if the screen sequence changes based on each set of information, the processing could fail. However, these could be overcome by grouping similar screened transactions into one chunk and others into another.
In our company Winshuttle is used for accounting, maintenance and human resources areas:
- Accounting - Massive accounting with many positions
- Maintenance - As an integrator between Maximo and SAP (PM work orders and notifications)
- Human Resources - Info type records creation and changes
We are very pleased with this product and we plan to expand the use of this solution to other areas (for example treasury). Internally in IT we use it a lot for massive loads in all our SAP projects.
- It is so easy to create scripts!!! In 10 to 15 minutes Winshuttle can solve problems that otherwise would take weeks of work.
- Excellent technical support.
- A unique product as a solution to very different issues.
- I would like it if the Winshuttle Query had a lower price or a different licensing type.
- It's built to be extremely flexible.
- The simple user interface allows it to be very user friendly.
- The customer support I've received has always been outstanding.
- While the tool is flexible you sometimes have to take unconventional routes to get your results.
- More standard templates for the less known modules such as the RE/FX module.
- Incorporating similar Excel formulas prebaked in the template for Transaction (like Query) would be great.
- Usability, it is a very intuitive tool that allows our users to use it easily.
- Functionality, allowing users to perform their job in a very efficient way, reducing errors and avoiding to write duplicated data.
- Simple for our users to interact with SAP using the tool through Excel.
- Build easily workflows for complex processes.
- Honestly, our users are happy every time and asking for more licenses and processes to be supported; so I have not had opportunities to identify potential improvements.
I used Winshuttle while working at Nissan North America, I was the function project lead during our 1.5 implementation of SAP. During that time my team and I (physically) utilized Winshuttle to migrate our legacy data into SAP.
I understood that it was also used to manage some accounting transaction to pull vouched receipts into SAP for payments from site not currently on SAP.
- "Training" I feel Winshuttle was extremely easy to learn' my team and I went to a week long training class on the uses of the software upon finishing the course we all became internal (company) support as well as expert functional users.
- "Ease of use" once a user learns the basics processes of the software it is functionally very easy to use and if there are problems with in the processing that cannot be supported internally Winshuttle community and support quickly helped clear up those issues, "if they occurred"
- "Processes data FAST" once the transaction is mapped and recorded the user can move through (process) large amounts of data very quickly, saving lots of time by eliminating manual steps.
- "Data Error Correction" through the transactional processing of large amounts of data, nothing is ever perfect, usually during data migration process if a single line fails the process stops, the correction is made to the data and the process starts all over again. Winshuttle data migration process doesn't stop it will provide a list of exceptions upon completion of the data load. It does this by only processing the "good" data and when bad data is encountered it is skipped and an error message is created and added to the data sheet. With this process the user now only has to worry about exceptions that didn't load and also knows why the line failed so making correction are easier and faster.
- From what I remember the one thing that I though could be improved on was the more complex transaction mapping. I am sure with the newer version this has probably improved but when my team and I were using it this was one area we thought was hard to work in.
- What would be cool is if Winshuttle could read tabled data in Word, PowerPoint or OneNote documents.
- A Query Dashboard would be nice to have, I am sure it has been developed by now, but I would think the dashboard would have some similar functionality as crystal reports. through the dashboard one could schedule report queries and once generated the report could be emailed to specific people or group of people or dropped into a folder on a SharePoint site or something like that.
- Interaction with Microsoft Excel.
- It's easy to use, and very easy to create templates or layouts in Excel. Simple as ABC.
- Time saved, instead of updating the data in SAP Transactions by hand, Excel does the work for you in seconds or minutes.
- You can create queries using SAP Tables.
- If you're an ABAP, BASIS, or a key user in your company, you will love Winshuttle.
- Accounts Payable. Instead of using FK02 or LSMW for all the LF Tables (LFA1, LFB1, LFBK, etc.) you create your template in Excel using the fields you want yo update.
- Same for Accounts Receivable, using FD02 or LSMW recordings.
- Human Resources, Winshuttle is great instead of using SAP Transaction PA30
- It's also great for a lot of Transactions of MM
- You can also save a lot of time in Accounting Transactions, such as FB50; FB60; FB70; F-47
- Cheaper than a configured Z transaction
- Faster to implement than a Z transaction
- Less maintenance cost associated than a Z transaction
- Some transactions are difficult to automate with Winshuttle
- User struggle with the creation of new scripts with loops included
- Ease of Use
- Ease to manage
- Templates to IMG activities
- They make loading complex data easy!
- The tools allow businesses to streamline and enhance processes.
- Save time by having a unique process to load the data quickly.
- Winshuttle can continue to drive down the cost of the product licensing.
- Easy to use: Queries and Transaction. We don't need to program in ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming). There is a mix of various SAP tables: MARA; MARC; EORD, etc.
- Establishes a way to communicate with suppliers. Layout standards (Excel) with Quality and delivery data confirmed by suppliers.
- Change centralized to decentralized master data management: All planning data can be managed by the planning team and avoid wasting time waiting on the data master team.
- Maybe that there are programs in ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming) language.
- Uploading Journal Entries in GL Module.
- Master data records (customers & suppliers).
- Purchase Orders & Sales Orders.
- Fixed Assets data modification.
- No issues have been identified so far.
- Excel to Data uploads to SAP in the standard fields in the material master, sales order, purchase order etc.
- Download data from SAP to Excel from the tables.
- Linking multiple upload and download scripts using one Winshuttle script is a great strength.
- Updating the log in the Excel was huge advantage.
- Different mode of runs like Debugging ( made to understand the issues), normal run, first record in debug mode
- Not working with SAP Web Portal products like CRM, SRM, Enterprise Portal.
- Some of the complex screens in SAP (like Material master - Classification, Sales Order - Availability Check section, where we have different logics / different screens ) are hard to work. They always need manual intervention to pass the screen.
- User needs to work with SAP consultant to develop the scripts, as sometimes some of the fields may get incorrect entry because of default set etc.
The transactions - Sales Order creation might be complex, if there are availability checks involved. Material master with classification or special tabs are difficult to work.
- Enable non-technical or semi-technical minded users to prepare and execute mass loads
- Simplify the loading process
- The excellent customer service provided by Winshuttle support has always been timely, accurate and helpful
- It's harder to build more complicated mass load programs for task list type items and repeating functions within a tcode
- A good understanding of the underlying tcodes is required to get a good program built
- Importing directly into SAP. This is a massive timesaver and it goes way past the typical import routines.
- Exporting of data for comparison is also simplilfied.
- Programatically being able to touch any SAP screen is a fantastic feature.
- Error messages are good but could always be improved.
- When an import fails, refinements can be made in where the routine should/could pick up where it left off. It works well but could be a little more seamless.
- Perhaps code changes can be made to speed up the transactions but I think the limiting factor is most likely SAP itself.
- Validate data
- Allow for quick and easy changes
- Save Time!!!
- Mapping can be a little tedious
- Some of the functionality when creating new parts (MM01) is very complex
- Extremely fast
- Highly stable/reliable
- Easy to use interface
- Would have liked to see greater control over individual variable selection
- Data importing could be somewhat convoluted without a detailed explanation before use
- More on the Excel side of things but the plugin could be a little slower on older machines
Admittedly I had used it quite a few years ago, and they may have improved, but since we were forced to use LSMW for certain transactions, we decided to fall back on LSMW for most since we found that a lot of errors slipped through silently (that was the worst critique) without any hint of errors. We had worked with Winshuttle during this time and aided them in improving their product. Their staff were helpful and fixed many errors as quickly as we found them. The project ended before all the problems that we reported were fixed however, but I trust by now they should have been resolved.
In the end, it was a great product for creating test data, but I would have to test it again before transferring production data if I had to use it now. Also Spreadsheets are not a reliable medium to maintain and transport data (at the time also being limited to amount of rows)
- Easy editing of data in spreadsheets.
- Quick workflow configuration using standard SAP transactions.
- Error detection
- Formats other than spreadsheets would be better.
- More transactions supported
- Less reliance on desktop windows machines.
- Can make changes to Pricing Conditions which would require several steps for each one. Great time savings.
- We create Cost Centers and Profit Centers directly in Production so I use Winshuttle to extract from Production and create in Development and Test systems so they are in sync.
- We had to void about 5k old unused checks from a marketing campaign and instead of having to individually do each one, I used Winshuttle to do them all saving hours.
- I have not encountered anything that I need Winshuttle to improve or do differently.
- Time Saving
- Worked in helping to eliminate data entry errors
- One of the big issues that I found about the program was that it was not easy to decipher how to create macros with out some technical background for both Winshuttle and SAP.