Wix Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Sasha Jacobsen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I prefer Wix over Squarespace, but I find them to be quite similar. I know Wix recently just raised their prices above Squarespace, so that is one cause for concern for me in deciding whether or not I wish to stay on Wix long term. That said, I have more familiarity with Wix, and I prefer their templates and design UI.
Read Sasha Jacobsen's full review
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I used Wix for several months after leaving WordPress and while evaluating it against Squarespace. I ultimately chose Squarespace because it provides a much more user-friendly editing experience.

Wix does not run on a rigid grid system and clients were able to destroy the visual layout of their sites in a matter of seconds. Overall, Squarespace is simpler and more enjoyable to use.
Read Andrew Folts's full review

Alternatives Considered

Like I said before, Wix is great for more basic and straight-forward websites that don't need a lot of complexity. However, if you are looking to get a little more complex with your website, WordPress is better because it is a more in-depth platform which you can do a lot more with and choose from a lot more add-on programs to help achieve the goal you're looking to get to.
Heath Achatz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix and WordPress are very comparable. For both of them the more you pay the better they will perform for you. WordPress has more customization, especially if someone has some coding experience. Wix does not seem to have an export feature, which is a big factor in keeping Wix. Once the content is made switching over would be a hassle.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Uday Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We could have used the traditional route of looking for professional builders of websites, which I have done in the past. Such professionals have, in the past, used a wide variety of tools to custom-build our website, but they are expensive and require a significant level of interaction, which is time-consuming. I selected Wix because I could build a quality website by myself overnight. I believe the resulting product is just as good.
Read Uday Singh's full review
Dan Hanna | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

The free version Wix offers seams to provide more features than the others. Overall, I would say it stacks up best if a customer is creating a basic website with limited functionality. It may not be the best solution for a customer looking for a more professional design, or with a lot of extra functions. I would definitely recommend customers to at least try out the free version to see how it stacks up for what they are building.
Read Dan Hanna's full review

Alternatives Considered

We have tried Squarespace, Wordpress, as well as a multitude of design programming and hosting platforms and, hands down, Wix provided everything we wanted and needed in a concise, affordable and easy to use package. I can't imagine going back to any of the products we had used before or an ROI that would suggest that anything but Wix was a perfect fit for our organization!

Alternatives Considered

Overall, I think Wix works particularly well. Wix is very similar to Weebly in the look, feel, and editor. However, WordPress, although harder to get up and running, offers more to the advanced users a variety of analytics and data features that are useful when promoting and learning the nuances of website management.
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I would choose Wix over WordPress or Joomla when working on a personal website or building a site for a small business. It's definitely the easiest of the 3 to use and creates the best websites - as far as design and visual appeal. WordPress would be a second choice that I would use if I'm working for a larger company that plans to utilize a web developer. Since WordPress is a more popular CMS, there are more developers who are well-versed in designing WordPress sites and more plug-ins that easily integrate with WordPress. Joomla would be my very last choice. The interface is easy to navigate, but I've had technical issues with it in the past like difficulty editing text (all different sizes on one page) or updating photos - I would have a banner on the homepage, upload a new banner, and never see the live web page update itself for over 24 hours.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Marian Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix is more simple to use than the other products, which is important when sharing administrative access to users or managers of a business because they need to be able to make changes without having a steep learning curve. However, Wix doesn't come with a lot of functions that the other products provide.
Read Marian Lee's full review
Kirsten Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix is definitely more user-friendly for beginners and way more affordable than the competition. Even our less computer savvy employees are able to edit the website without too much trouble. We actually use a couple of different website platforms for different sectors of our company. Unfortunately, Wix doesn't have everything we need, otherwise, we would solely stick with them.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review
Dan Talvi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix provides a free hosting option for students that, as long as they display the subdomain, they can continue to host their own site for their portfolio without subscription fees. Squarespace, while providing similar ease of access and site-building tools, does not provide a free tier. Adobe XD (and previously Adobe Muse) allows the ability to create UI design-centric web pages but is not as user-friendly/is less accessible.
Read Dan Talvi's full review

Alternatives Considered

Wix is more flexible and more powerful. But it's also got a steeper learning curve. For our organization, it is the right combination of power, low cost, and allowing do-it-yourself.

Alternatives Considered

Wix just has a better repertoire of templates, default design formats for displaying images and video, and a wider control over what I can tweak to make the site truly my own. I love Wix’s simple to grasp user interface and speed with which it works to upload my images. It also contains just more options in templates and plug-ins in my opinion.

Alternatives Considered

I selected Wix because of some of the reviews I saw online at the time seemed to indicate it might be a good choice for me. In retrospect, I can only say that I had to learn by trying. If I had to do it over again, I would choose Squarespace. They're also a "one-stop-shop" solution, but their ability to handle 3rd party plugins makes a lot more possible. However, I think WordPress is the best overall choice, complemented by a front-end builder such as Thrive Themes.

Alternatives Considered

Wix is much cheaper but is very similar to Instapage's system, however, it is certainly much 'Glitchier' than Instapage, which is a relatively significant downfall of Wix's advanced drag and drop platform. However, it is worth it for the cost savings and is still a nice software product for when designing websites.
Benjamin E. Jerew | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I had a website previously on Google Sites (the free version), which wasn't very user-friendly. Google Sites was also all-online but didn't include tools for building sites, at least nothing as nice as Wix. Wix is just so much easier to understand and use, and the results speak for themselves. For a novice, I'd definitely suggest Wix over Google.
Read Benjamin E. Jerew's full review
Olivia Capizzi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wix is better. Squarespace is more expensive for a more rigid platform. WordPress is good for more in-depth websites but is very confusing and requires constant upkeep and time. Weebly has a less fun user interface and seems to lag behind Wix in terms of variety of templates, etc.
Read Olivia Capizzi's full review
Ai Ashe | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2018

Wix for education

Alternatives Considered

Wix has more features for customization; especially when replacing template images. The pixel sizes are displayed. It is difficult to get the exact dimensions of preset images in Weebly's templates. This was a feature Weebly removed.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Mandy Cramer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Squarespace is cleaner and has a better overall interface which is important to me when I'm working. I can't have a cumbersome, bulky website that looks childish while I'm designing. I need clean themes, clean layouts, clean design. Wix isn't necessarily a worse option, just not the one for me. I feel the look is overall quite clumsy looking and doesn't appeal to minimalists.
Read Mandy Cramer's full review

Role-based user permissions (34)
API (22)
Internationalization / multi-language (14)
WYSIWYG editor (51)
Code quality / cleanliness (41)
Admin section (54)
Page templates (59)
Library of website themes (58)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (59)
Publishing workflow (49)
Form generator (47)
Content taxonomy (39)
SEO support (47)
Bulk management (26)
6.5
Availability / breadth of extensions (41)
Community / comment management (31)

About Wix

Wix is a free hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.

Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)

Wix Technical Details