Wix Reviews

Horacio Carcamo | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

Wix is the best website creator in the market!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix is a great resource for web page creation. It automates everything, and for all non-code users that want to create a web page, Wix is an awesome site to do it. Wix has been involved in several processes as a reference but it has been a great resource to follow.
Read Horacio Carcamo's full review
Erin Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Wix is an ok CMS

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The owner of the company that I created a Wix website for was very specific for how he wanted his website to look and feel. With this, my only option was to create a site on Wix because it allowed me to drag and drop components exactly where they needed to go so the WYSIWYG is fantastic for this.

However, SEO tools and options are lacking, even with the option to add custom HTML code.

The image library doesn't function ideally but it can get the job done.
Read Erin Harris's full review
Bryan Tanner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Flip your university athletic class with Wix

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix is a personal solution to a departmental problem. As a tennis instructor to university students, my biggest problem is not having enough time with students. Wix has enabled me to adopt a flipped-classroom model in which I reserve class time for practice and questions. All other instruction is conducted on the students' respective schedules outside of class. I developed a Wix website containing instructional information. I email students regularly asking them to review specific information before coming to class.
Read Bryan Tanner's full review
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Wix: a simple and easy way to develop a website yourself

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix gave me the easiest solution for building a website. The layout and designs were simple and effective. It helped increase my credibility by being able to exist as an artist on more than just social media. It also gave fans another way to feel connected to my brand and shop for merch.
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
Mildred M. Tassone | TrustRadius Reviewer

Using Wix And Loving It

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used across our business and our consulting business. With the addition of the new database integration, it is allowing more pages to be generated dynamically. A big help. That is allowing for an easier update of information without adjusting pages. The forms are superior for collecting user information and being able to easily customize.
Read Mildred M. Tassone's full review
Sasha Jacobsen | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2020

Wix - The easy to use website creator

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Wix, both personally and professionally. I manage my own website and my boss' site. Personally, it functions as an additional marketing tool alongside my Instagram and is an excellent source of income as well as with Wix's business tools and paywalls. Professionally, it extends my brand potential as a web developer and graphic designer.
Read Sasha Jacobsen's full review
Alfred Simmons | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Easy website builder with many great features

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Wix mainly within our marketing department for students who make their internship during the summer with us. They are usually coming from the business program and most of their projects require building websites. Here comes the role of Wix as one of the easiest and most user-friendly platforms that allows anyone to build a website in a professional way without having to know a single code.
Read Alfred Simmons's full review
Julia Gonzalez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Wix is a win-win for taking your business to the next level with an easy website builder.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used Wix to create our current client's website. This made it easier to create our own, versus having to outsource this kind of service, which can get very expensive and doesn't always correctly interpret the company's vision since they do not work in it. Also, Wix makes it easier to make any changes to reflect sales or other things happening in the company.
Read Julia Gonzalez's full review
February 12, 2020

Great website creator for simple websites

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently my website was created on Wix and I have also created websites for my clients through Wix as well. It has been great on both fronts because it makes it easy for me. I have one dashboard to manage all the websites I've created and I get alerts for traffic to my website but I can also assign alerts to other emails so my clients get their own alerts.
March 09, 2020

Comfortable, intuitive website design at a great price!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been utilizing Wix within my position in order to build websites and further expand my expertise with web page design/modification. It is currently being used by myself only, though I’ve started training my team on using it as well. It currently allows us to build a professional website quickly and easily, without the need for much coding.
March 05, 2020

Wix is great for new users but limiting for advanced users

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix is no longer being used in our organisation. Although they are making efforts to foster relationships with agencies, ultimately they are more concerned about the end-user, which is completely fine because that is their business model, but as an agency, I can't justify using Wix for several reasons which we'll get into in the review.
March 03, 2020

Build your custom website easy and without the coding hassle.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix was used to build a website for our non-profit counterpart and the school we run as a part of the Sikh Onstitute. Wix is used to run the school website. It is used to solve the problem of communication, information update, and sharing.
February 27, 2020

Good options for beginners

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have worked with Wix with several agency clients. It has been a site builder used by clients that are looking for a free or low-cost website builder that can be used for someone without coding experience.
February 26, 2020

Makes it a breeze to have a professional web presence

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have switched our web presence exclusively to Wix. We evaluated multiple options, and Wix won out with its extensive functionality, rich templates, and ease-of-use. Our current web presence is mostly informational, with basic communication and feedback features. We may be adding transactions and possibly more sophisticated interactivity, which Wix also offers.

Stand Out With Wix

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Wix personally as a resume. I created a website to act as a more dynamic place to highlight some of my technical and marketing skills.
February 12, 2020

Wix makes web development easy

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Wix daily to implement easy to build, affordable websites for our clients. We specialize in small businesses, many of which have a minimal marketing budget but need exposure on the internet. We love being able to quickly train our clients to use the backend and update the website when they need to.
Heath Achatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 25, 2019

Wix Fast and Free to Start, But Should You?

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix is used for managing a website. It contains current information, archives, and events calendar and a gallery. Wix is used by three people to manage the website. It is a fairly user friendly way to build a website once the user becomes familiar with the setup. The Free package is nice but paid does seem better.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Josh Kratovil | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 20, 2019

Wix Helped Get Us On Our Feet

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We started with Wix as a solution to not having a website. Our company was purchased by an investment firm, and we were in the process of being carved out from our parent organization. We had a major product launch coming up at the end of 2018 and needed to have a website in place for it; after researching, Wix seemed like the best and easiest option for getting a page up. It turned out to be so easy that I recreated our whole web presence using Wix (our former parent organization had completed a web redesign earlier that eschewed much of the information our customers need to make purchasing decisions; this was our chance to rebuild that information). Today, we have a more robust web solution in place, but Wix remains our top option for landing pages and "quick need" pages which do not necessitate an entire development process.
Read Josh Kratovil's full review
Andrew Folts | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

Tons of customization, but far too easy to mess up.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When I switched from WordPress, I spent several months working with both Wix and Squarespace. I ultimately decided to go with Squarespace, as I found that although Wix has more customization options, it was more difficult for our clients to use. Clients liked the "do anything" interface but quickly messed up their sites, which was a hassle for everyone.
Read Andrew Folts's full review
Uday Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2019

Penetrating your target market with a quick and professional website

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix is used by my company to develop and frequently modify our website. I developed and patented a carbon capture technology back in 2007, and after much searching selected Wix to build our website. I was pleased with the website from the start, as it was relatively easy to build given the tools inherent in Wix. It addresses the fundamental need of a small technology company: to get noticed. And it does it effectively.
Read Uday Singh's full review
July 11, 2019

Wix - the last website authoring tool you will ever need

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In 2017 we moved our organization's website from a Wordpress site to Wix and we haven't looked back. Representing our company on the web is important and Wix has become our one-stop shop for website design. It's ease of use and multiple design templates have made training our department heads a breeze. We now have a web presence, with responsive pages and mobile compatibility, all of which we did not possess before our move to Wix.
Brittney Collier | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 30, 2019

Wix is the best for beginners in need of a beautiful website fast!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used Wix to create websites for an entire organization, but I've mostly used it to create landing pages and/or mini sites for specific aspects of an organization like a campaign for a new product or a registration site for an upcoming conference. Wix is perfect for small businesses who cannot afford to invest in an in-house web developer or designer but need a professional, visually-pleasing website.
Read Brittney Collier's full review
Dan Hanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 23, 2019

Great basic website designer!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Wix as a training tool for the call center I work for. They can use it as a resource also to reference different aspects of how a call should go. Also, it has all of our call scripts and information that customers may inquire about. There are buttons for each question a customer may have, with the proper response for our agent to use.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
Kirsten Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2019

Great for Small Businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wix is currently being used for our online store for our farmer's market. We are only open seasonally because we are an on-farm Market, so we only open when we have crops being harvested. We also offer a wide variety of non-perishable food items. We get people wanting to purchase items when we are closed, which is why we started using Wix to help us sell when we are closed.
Read Kirsten Rodriguez's full review

Role-based user permissions (45)
API (30)
Internationalization / multi-language (21)
WYSIWYG editor (64)
Code quality / cleanliness (52)
Admin section (66)
Page templates (73)
Library of website themes (71)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (73)
Publishing workflow (60)
Form generator (57)
Content taxonomy (50)
SEO support (58)
Bulk management (35)
Availability / breadth of extensions (52)
Community / comment management (40)

About Wix

Wix is a free hosted website builder, designed to be user-friendly and highly customizable without requiring coding from the user. It is well-known for its eCommerce solution, which allows users to build an online store.

Wix includes customizable HTML5 templates that can be used with its drag n' drop website builder. The vendor also offers 24/7 support and an App Market with over 200 apps. (These paid apps, as well as professional services offered by Wix, allow the company to make money while keeping its hosting service free.)

Wix Technical Details