Reviews (1-4 of 4)
May 08, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
We used WizeHive to manage our call for awards and abstracts. Using WizeHive to collect, review, and report on 6 calls a year.
WizeHive is a cost effective way to run a call for awards for small non-profits. The only problems we had were when we outgrew the system. When we had calls for awards where we had over 100 applicants it became more difficult to use the program and our reviewers had a hard time viewing the applications since they use flash.
Read this authenticated review
We didn’t really use their support. I wish they would have told us more about the fact they were changing to get rid of the flash player as that was the main reason we left.
August 29, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
WizeHive Zengine was used in one particular department of my organization, to manage our annual grant application process whereby we offer grants to all the schools within Chicago's public school district. Zengine provides a portal where applicants can submit an application, and we can have reviewers to review and score the applications within this same portal, and those who receive a grant can complete a grant report in the portal at the end of the grant period.
- Grant application management can be daunting, but Zengine makes it a lot easier.
- Combining the grant application, review process, and final reporting process in one portal is a huge convenience!
- With our applicants being a specific and specialized group, we needed customized functions to ensure that only those who were eligible for our grants were able to begin the application process. For this custom functionality, Zengine charges extra, many times a significant amount extra, whereas I feel a functionality such as this should be integrated into the platform as standard.
I believe Zengine would work well for an organization seeking to offer a public-facing grant that anyone can apply for, or if the organization does not mind having to weed through applications and eliminate ineligible applicants themselves. If, like us, you anticipate a large number of applicants (over 600 schools for us), then Zengine will cost you a lot extra to be able to filter out ineligible applicants upfront so that you only receive applications that have passed muster.
Read Tashia Fouch's full review
Zengine's customer support team is very attentive and at the ready, to answer questions, troubleshoot problems, etc. They will also communicate directly with your applicants if you'd like them to, which is helpful if applicants have trouble creating a login, or forget their password, etc. Zengine will communicate with them directly to fix whatever their issue may be.
December 13, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
We use the WizeHive Zengine platform for our grant system. We have both submission portals and review portals related to the two grant programs we provide in Florida. It's being utilized just by those of us connected specifically to the USTA Florida Section Foundation in an effort to manage the grant application and review process.
- It has made the application, which is almost identical to the application questions previously displayed by our old service, seem less daunting and more user friendly to grant applicants.
- The grant review team has exclaimed that the side-by-side review option is the best feature ever invented and has saved them loads of paper.
- Internally, I appreciate the ease of use of the back end system. Being able to easily assign grants to reviews both in and outside the organization, easily create queries for the stats I need, and the ability to move application through the steps of the system seamlessly make this my top choice since I'm the only staff member dedicated to the Foundation which leaves me with lots on my plate to balance.
- I haven't found any yet. At this point, I'm thrilled with each of the features and the ease of use of the system.
Due to the experience I've had, I'm a strong advocate that it's the perfect system for a small or mid-sized organization to utilize because of it's ease of use for both the customer and the staff. I don't have first hand experience for where it may be less appropriate, so it's hard for me to offer an opinion on that.
Read Alexis Senge Johnson, MNM's full review
We have only ever had one major issue arrive the night before our second grant cycle of the year opened and the team at WizeHive came to the rescue within hours ensuring that we were back up and running with no issues.
December 02, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Our research department primarily uses WizeHive to manage our grant applications and reviews. We also use it as a registration and submission portal for various scientific meetings. It currently is only being used by the research department. We plan on upgrading to a submission portal next year for our grants, which will allow even greater ability to perform a multi-step application process, save user profiles, and allow easy follow-up with grant recipients in order to collect final reports, etc.
- Auto email/bulk email feature makes it easy to notify grant applicants. Ultimately helps save time from manually sending emails.
- Application forms are easy to update and offer a variety of question types and filtering options to easily ask the correct questions depending on the applicant.
- Can perform an entire review process through WizeHive without much need from an outside source. It is a convenient place to keep track of records of all applicants and reviewers.
- WizeHive support and implementation staff are very responsive and helpful with answering any urgent questions and providing clarification on processes.
- Initially, somewhat challenging to navigate the site and not the most intuitive when creating application portals.
- Needs more help options and tutorials to make the user experience much easier and smoother.
- Still some bugs that need to be fixed (including some issues with a few of the filters in application forms).
Read this authenticated review
WizeHive Zengine is a great platform to use for managing research grant applications. Our organization greatly values this resource since we receive a large number of grant applications during each year, and having a place where these applications can be easily tracked and reviewed is extremely beneficial. This platform may not be as well suited for our other departments such as marketing or development because they don't require a review process for their programs.
WizeHive Zengine Scorecard Summary
What is WizeHive Zengine?
WizeHive provides a secure, cloud-platform - Zengine - to mission-based organizations. Zengine enables full lifecycle management of grants, scholarships, fellowships, and more, through a highly configurable platform that can be tailored to your unique processes, goals, and objectives.
WizeHive Zengine Screenshots
WizeHive Zengine Integrations
WizeHive Zengine Competitors
WizeHive Zengine Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Zengine by WizeHive is a flexible platform that can be set up to directly address the needs and requirements of your organization. As such, pricing is determined after a thorough discussion about your process and goals. Pricing does typically fall into three areas, each determined by the complexity of program, features required, and the number of programs being managed in the platform.
WizeHive Zengine Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
WizeHive Zengine Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
WizeHive Zengine Technical Details
Frequently Asked Questions
Wizehive offers Zengine, a cloud-based submission management platform for grants, awards, scholarships and other kinds of awards ands applications. Zengine can be used to track customers, job candidates, projects or more and replaces paper processes, outgrown spreadsheets, or generic software products.
Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 6.7.
The most common users of WizeHive Zengine are from Small Businesses and the Non-profit Organization Management industry.