https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Jt/mG/CT7UFITCFW0H.PNGWooCommerce Helps Woo CustomersWooCommerce is an eCommerce solution that my agency, Webidextrous.com, implements and supports for a variety of companies and organizations. It addresses the need many organizations have to sell physical, virtual, and downloadable goods and services online without overwhelming smaller budgets. Webidextrous clients are able to quickly roll out an online store that scales quickly and easily and connects to payment and fulfillment gateways with ease.,Easy to add and edit products via the WordPress editor or bulk editor. Connect to multiple payment and shipping gateways Customizable purchase process and user interface Add product variations and product images for each variation Filtered product search,Reliance on meta table for storing and accessing product and order data. (Coming soon) Better reporting interface. (Coming soon) Option to more easily choose between multi-page or single page cart/checkout. Auto refresh the price totals on cart page when quantity changes using AJAX. Show “-” and “+” buttons around the quantity field. Show confirmation before user changes quantity to zero.,9,Numbers are unavailable due to non-disclosure agreements with our clients, but they are positive ROI in all cases because WooCommerce is very close to "free" even when factoring in plugin costs.,WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins,Less than $20,000,B2CMost affordable way to open your own online shop - little experience requiredWe are able to list our items and display them in beautiful fashion. The site runs smoothly and the best part of all, I'm not paying monthly fees like you would with other eCommerce solutions. If you have a domain and a host, just sign up for WordPress and install woo-commerce today. We are using it for multiple purposes. On one site, we use it to sell our product. On an entire different domain, we have used it as a way to accept donations to specific cause. There are so many plugins that we can modify the use of WooCommerce on each domain to solve different business problems and address different needs. We use WooCommerce on any site we have that runs on the Wordpress platform.,WooCommerce makes it extremely simple to list new products and update existing products. The layout is completely easy to understand and with a very light learning curve. On our very first store, we were able to have products listed in the first hour of going live. Installation is rather simple. The first thing to know is that you must be running Wordpress. After Once you have a host and a domain name, simply install wordpress. WooCommerce is a free plugin and it's incredibly simple to install. Additional plugins may also be added to make WooCommerce even more powerful. WooCommerce on its own is extremely useful. However, once you add additional plugins, you can really unlock the full power of woocommerce. The best part is that it will not cost you an arm and a leg, and most plugins are completely free for the basic features.,Additional free themes. There seems to be a lack of free thremes that come with WooCommerce alrady built it. There are 3rd parties that have great one however. For now, we recommend sticking with the dedicated WooCommerce theme, Storefront. WooCommerce has a feature that calculates shipping costs automatically. We have found these rates to not always be very accurate and some users often pay more or less than what it actually costs us to ship the product. These can be easily adjusted, however by a few settings changes. I fee like the system gets a bit bogged down on resources due to all the additional free plugins I install to make WooCommerce more powerful. I feel as though many of these features should just come standard in the initial WooCommerce package, since they are usually very important.,10,We were able to get online without spending thousands on a web designer or ecommerce developer. Most themes are free if you know where to look and WooCommerce did not cost us anything to implement. We did invest in a great theme designed specifically to function with WooCommerce. This is a must if you want to stand out from the rest of the users using this plugin. There are many professional themes and we think they are a great ROI considering the ability to customize further than the default themes.,Shopify and Weebly,WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Apple iCloud,Less than $20,000,B2C,1,1WooCommerce Hits the Sweet SpotI run a small web design studio that specializes in working with clients in the design field, including art and antique dealers. I use WooCommerce to add the ability to easily display their inventory on their websites. Some clients sell directly online, but most of my clients do not like to make the prices public. For those clients, WooCommerce makes it easy to display products and accept inquiries.,Very easy to set up. It takes less than hour to get the foundation for an online store together using their setup wizard. The checkout process is very easy for customers. The back-end is very easy for my clients to manage their inventory, customers, and order. WooCommerce integrates well with several popular WordPress themes. They do a great job of making it technically possible to customize the look and style of your e-commerce store.,The search function is weak. By default, it only searches the product title, not SKU, description, etc. You have to use a third-party plug-in to easily import products in bulk. It would be nice if that was in the WooCommerce core. Small thing, but I'd like to be able to easily customize the columns in the back-end product listing; to be able to pick and choose which information shows for each product, including custom fields.,10,Decreased the time it takes me to build an e-commerce solution for a client Increased conversion rate for multiple clients For one client, organic search traffic increased after WooCommerce's superior SEO took effect (compared to Miva Merchant),Miva Merchant, Shopify and Magento Open Source,SketchUp, InVision, Xero, Harvest, Later,$100,000 to $500,000,B2C,5,1,Selling online Putting a catalog of items online where a customer has to inquire for prices (no payments accepted online),Being able to use it to run retargeting Google Ads with specific products customers have looked at is useful,10My Experience with WooCommerceI have used WooCommerce in the past and I enjoyed it for the time that I had. It was a learning experience for me since I don't have a background in coding. Turns out, with WooCommerce you don't need those skills. I was able to import my products and edit them accordingly to work for my business. It's a great program to start you out, especially since it is very affordable to use.,It is very simple and basic. So you don't have to worry about advanced stuff that can bother your workflow.,I think WooCommerce can really excel by adding more apps to be able to work with the program. I also think it should be a little more streamlined to increase workflow and functionality.,7,We ultimately didn't fully use WooCommerce based on lack of visitors on our site. Overall, it was a difficult experience.,Shopify,Shopify,$20,000 to $100,000,B2CWooCommerce can work for most shops and offers more features without the price tagI have used it in the past to try and sell digital products. I am coming back to it as the best option for compatibility with themes, builders, and plugins. I want to sell bundled graphics, themes, and templates, and WooCommerce offers the best solution for this. It allows for digital products and to denote whether it is completely virtual or not. I can customize how my products look, use galleries to give more product photos, and track my sales in real-time. When I first started using it years ago, the customization was lacking, but now it integrates with Elementor, giving me full control on how my pages look.,Offers integration with multiple payment gateways - This is especially nice if you don't want to be tied into Paypal. I use Square and was able to get a free add-on to connect my shop to Square. Integrates with a number of themes and page builders - You don't need to get a specific theme to set up a shop. Most fully integrate with WooCommerce, which means keeping your existing website as it is. The settings easily allow for different types of products out of the box. Want to sell books or T-shirts? You can set up shipping profiles, gather shipping information, and stay on top of order fulfillment. Selling digital goods? You can set the download link so that customers get their downloads immediately after purchase. The emails that are auto-generated are customizable. Whether you just want to add branding colors or change the text, you can do it.,WooCommerce's interface looks very similar to what it did years ago. While features may have improved, sometimes finding where those features live to make changes can be a challenge. While I can make larger changes to how my shop page looks, some of the actual product pages are set in stone. It takes knowledge of PHP and coding to make changes to the template or the purchase of WooCommerce's shortcode plugin to get more flexibility. Having some layout options for how the product page looks would be great from non-coders. WooCommerce is still very much geared towards physical products. While it has a few options for digital products, expanding these features would make WooCommerce more competitive against other plugins such as Easy Digital Downloads.,7,I currently have not had a lot of ROI from using WooCommerce While it is easy to set up, it doesn't handle things like marketing, emails, or promotion to build up sales It can easily integrate with most email marketing, making follow-up emails easy to set up.,,WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Drip from Leadpages,Less than $20,000,Both
WooCommerce

WooCommerce Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

WooCommerce
Top Rated Award
Filter 85 vetted WooCommerce reviews and ratings
Rob Watson profile photo
November 08, 2018

User Review: "WooCommerce Helps Woo Customers"

• Easy to add and edit products via the WordPress editor or bulk editor.
  • Connect to multiple payment and shipping gateways
  • Customizable purchase process and user interface
  • Add product variations and product images for each variation
  • Filtered product search
  • Reliance on meta table for storing and accessing product and order data. (Coming soon)
  • Better reporting interface. (Coming soon)
  • Option to more easily choose between multi-page or single page cart/checkout.
  • Auto refresh the price totals on cart page when quantity changes using AJAX.
  • Show “-” and “+” buttons around the quantity field.
  • Show confirmation before user changes quantity to zero.
WooCommerce can support pretty much any website's eCommerce needs but may need heavy customization to achieve more complex and difficult use case scenarios. If you have millions of monthly users, WooCommerce tables and code will need to be heavily modified and tuned for an optimal experience. Clearing transients and other "housekeeping" data regularly is one way to improve performance.
Read Rob Watson's full review
Joseph Condon profile photo
November 08, 2018

WooCommerce Review: "Most affordable way to open your own online shop - little experience required"

We are able to list our items and display them in beautiful fashion. The site runs smoothly and the best part of all, I'm not paying monthly fees like you would with other eCommerce solutions. If you have a domain and a host, just sign up for WordPress and install woo-commerce today. We are using it for multiple purposes. On one site, we use it to sell our product. On an entire different domain, we have used it as a way to accept donations to specific cause. There are so many plugins that we can modify the use of WooCommerce on each domain to solve different business problems and address different needs. We use WooCommerce on any site we have that runs on the WordPress platform.
  • WooCommerce makes it extremely simple to list new products and update existing products. The layout is completely easy to understand and with a very light learning curve. On our very first store, we were able to have products listed in the first hour of going live.
  • Installation is rather simple. The first thing to know is that you must be running WordPress. After Once you have a host and a domain name, simply install WordPress. WooCommerce is a free plugin and it's incredibly simple to install.
  • Additional plugins may also be added to make WooCommerce even more powerful. WooCommerce on its own is extremely useful. However, once you add additional plugins, you can really unlock the full power of woocommerce. The best part is that it will not cost you an arm and a leg, and most plugins are completely free for the basic features.
  • Additional free themes. There seems to be a lack of free thremes that come with WooCommerce alrady built it. There are 3rd parties that have great one however. For now, we recommend sticking with the dedicated WooCommerce theme, Storefront.
  • WooCommerce has a feature that calculates shipping costs automatically. We have found these rates to not always be very accurate and some users often pay more or less than what it actually costs us to ship the product. These can be easily adjusted, however by a few settings changes.
  • I fee like the system gets a bit bogged down on resources due to all the additional free plugins I install to make WooCommerce more powerful. I feel as though many of these features should just come standard in the initial WooCommerce package, since they are usually very important.
WooCommerce is well suited for small shops. The site runs very smoothly with a small amount of products but can get a little bogged down the more products you add. I really cannot think of many situations where WooCommerce would be a poor choice other than if you have nothing to sell. The plugin is designed for ecommerce so any site that is looking to sell online is going to benefit from the ease of use included with WooCommerce.
Read Joseph Condon's full review
Joshua Burcham profile photo
November 07, 2018

User Review: "WooCommerce Hits the Sweet Spot"

• Very easy to set up. It takes less than hour to get the foundation for an online store together using their setup wizard.
  • The checkout process is very easy for customers.
  • The back-end is very easy for my clients to manage their inventory, customers, and order.
  • WooCommerce integrates well with several popular WordPress themes. They do a great job of making it technically possible to customize the look and style of your e-commerce store.
  • The search function is weak. By default, it only searches the product title, not SKU, description, etc.
  • You have to use a third-party plug-in to easily import products in bulk. It would be nice if that was in the WooCommerce core.
  • Small thing, but I'd like to be able to easily customize the columns in the back-end product listing; to be able to pick and choose which information shows for each product, including custom fields.
I think WooCommerce would work well for almost all small to medium size businesses. I have a customer with 8,000 products and it works very well. It is ideal when you have NON-e-commerce related content on your website and want to use the full power of WordPress to be able to make a website that is easy to update. Some of the hosted e-commerce solutions (like Shopify) are easy to set up (especially if you have a smaller number of products) but they don't offer the extensive content management system functions and the enormous community of support that WordPress does.
Read Joshua Burcham's full review
Arron Davis profile photo
November 01, 2018

User Review: "My Experience with WooCommerce"

• It is very simple and basic. So you don't have to worry about advanced stuff that can bother your workflow.
  • I think WooCommerce can really excel by adding more apps to be able to work with the program.
  • I also think it should be a little more streamlined to increase workflow and functionality.
I think it is well suited for a site that doesn't have a lot of products because you wouldn't have to edit all your products and have it kept in a well organized manner. It takes some work but it can be done. When I was using WooCommerce I had issues with trying to bulk edit products and I thought it should've been included in the program. Other than that, the program worked fairly well for me.
Read Arron Davis's full review
Megan Bailey profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "WooCommerce can work for most shops and offers more features without the price tag"

• Offers integration with multiple payment gateways - This is especially nice if you don't want to be tied into Paypal. I use Square and was able to get a free add-on to connect my shop to Square.
  • Integrates with a number of themes and page builders - You don't need to get a specific theme to set up a shop. Most fully integrate with WooCommerce, which means keeping your existing website as it is.
  • The settings easily allow for different types of products out of the box. Want to sell books or T-shirts? You can set up shipping profiles, gather shipping information, and stay on top of order fulfillment. Selling digital goods? You can set the download link so that customers get their downloads immediately after purchase.
  • The emails that are auto-generated are customizable. Whether you just want to add branding colors or change the text, you can do it.
  • WooCommerce's interface looks very similar to what it did years ago. While features may have improved, sometimes finding where those features live to make changes can be a challenge.
  • While I can make larger changes to how my shop page looks, some of the actual product pages are set in stone. It takes knowledge of PHP and coding to make changes to the template or the purchase of WooCommerce's shortcode plugin to get more flexibility. Having some layout options for how the product page looks would be great from non-coders.
  • WooCommerce is still very much geared towards physical products. While it has a few options for digital products, expanding these features would make WooCommerce more competitive against other plugins such as Easy Digital Downloads.
If you are planning on selling physical goods, clothing, jewelry, etc, WooCommerce has all the features you could need. However, unless you are trying to stay away from Paypal, WooCommerce is not as feature-rich for digital goods. I personally use it so I can connect it to Square, which other options don't include as part of their free tier.
Read Megan Bailey's full review
Shehan Marasinghe profile photo
November 01, 2018

WooCommerce Review: "Best E-Commerce Platform for SMEs"

Our organization is a blog which is developed using WordPress. We wanted to add an online store to sell digital books. The WooCommerce plugin let us simply create an online store in the same WordPress installation and manage it along with the blog in a single dashboard. WooCommerce is an easy-to-use and stable solution for e-commerce.
  • It's a stable and easy-to-use e-commerce plugin with WordPress
  • WooCommerce is a free platform
  • WooCommerce supports almost every payment gateway providers
  • Making a digital product store is simple with WooCommerce
  • Some WooCommerce plugins are a bit expensive
  • Requires a good programming knowledge to do advanced developments
  • Need to have secured web hosting, which is costly
WooCommerce can be recommended for small and medium scale online stores. Especially for the existing WordPress users. But for sites that need a lot of security, WooCommerce won't be a cost-effective and easy to manage platform for e-commerce. WooCommerce is a great solution for creating digital and physical product stores, but having a good web hosting provider is the main thing to manage a hassle-free online store.
Read Shehan Marasinghe's full review
Jen Garfinkel-Canseco profile photo
August 31, 2018

Review: "WooCommerce as an e-commerce platform should be everyone's first choice!"

I use WooCommerce for both my personal business websites as well as for the websites for my clients. WooCommerce is my first choice for e-commerce software.
  • Out of the box, WooCommerce gives you all the basics you need to get an e-commerce website up and running quickly and simply. Once you add some extensions, it's one of the most powerful e-commerce open-source software out there, and I've worked with all of the top software.
  • Basic configuration of a store with WooCommerce is easy and quick to understand, the user-friendly interface really makes it a no-brainer.
  • Thanks to the excellent integration with WordPress, WooCommerce makes extending easy with plugins that are really plug and play. Whether you need a simple basic or a complex advanced e-commerce platform, you can easily make it happen with WooCommerce.
  • The user-friendliness of WooCommerce really makes it easy for my clients to administrate their online stores once I've built their site....my clients love it, and so do I.
  • I would prefer to see more shipping plugins available in the core WooCommerce, as many of the shipping plugins are pricey. Sometimes my clients balk at the cost when adding more than 1 shipping option.
  • I'd like to see some more options for the reports section, as more advanced reporting would be awesome...though there are plugins for many things, it would be nice to see the core product offer it.
  • I'd also like to see the ability to customize design and layout without having to need additional plugins.
Honestly I think WooCommerce is the easiest open-source e-commerce platform to get up and running vs the competition. I highly recommend it to my clients/colleagues and anyone else that asks. It makes getting a basic online store up and running easy and quick, which means you can start getting orders sooner.
Read Jen Garfinkel-Canseco's full review
Shoshana Michel profile photo
November 23, 2018

Review: "WooCommerce makes selling merchandise a breeze"

WooCommerce was fully integrated into the website template that was purchased and is being used by the adminstator/owner of the business. It addresses all aspects of sales within the website. The customer can easily shop, add items to their cart and gets emails notifying them of the status of their order. The business gets notified of sales, gets pertinent information from and about the customer and emails to the customer are fully automated. Sale stats are also easily accesible as well as inventory.
  • Integrates fully into my WordPress template making the whole shopping experience easy.
  • You can tailor it to fit your needs so it's personalized.
  • It's easy to use. A novice can learn and use WooCommerce with little effort.
  • I'd like to be notified when a customer cancels an order.
  • Setting up international shipping was a bit difficult.
  • Didn't find it easy to edit the 'new order email'.
WooCommerce is well suited for selling both physical and digital merchandise. Virtual products are easy to upload and sell. Everything is integrated from inventory control to sending out emails to your customers. I really don't know of any circumstances or scenarios where WooCommerce would not be well suited for a merchants website.
Read Shoshana Michel's full review
Stefan Trbojevic profile photo
July 23, 2018

User Review: "My WooCommerce Experience"

I started using WooCommerce as the main E-commerce platform for my webshop a year ago. It easily integrated with my WordPress shop page with just a few clicks. It makes it easy to track my inventory and to add new products to the store with help of SKU number. It has neatly organizational tools for my products and product categories.
  • Coupon integration: With the coupon, system integrated you can easily attract your loyal customers with some catchy coupon codes, which in return would reward them with some sort of discount or free shipping.
  • Organizational tools: Everything is neatly organized when it comes to your products or product categories. As long as you know how you want to categorize your products you can do it all with help of WooCommerce.
  • Insight & Sale tracking: WooCommerce has a great way of manipulating your sales, changing the statuses of your orders and getting some fully detailed reports are just a breeze.
  • If you are familiar with WordPress it won't be a problem for you, but if you are not "Archived pages" for your products can be a pain, which means you cannot make unique product page but all products will be unified. There is a workaround for this issue but only for more experienced WordPress users.
  • Frequent updates: This is not a bad thing, but keep in mind that you should do a backup of your database everytime you update your WooCommerce addon. This is a time-consuming task and it happens more often in my honest opinion.
  • Wishlist: This functionality is hardest to use and to get accustomed to, WooCommerce should make some changes in this area for people to start using their Wishlist instead of 3rd party ones.
WooCommerce is especially well suited for maintenance of your products as well as your sales tracking. It is done in simple fashion thus there is no extra effort needed, everything is fluid and pretty much self-explained leaving no room for brainstorming how this or that option goes.

On the initial start of WooCommerce, you will have a guide with simple steps that you need to follow to get your Webstore ready to go live. On the other hand, Wishlist integration has been done very badly compared to the other segments of WooCommerce itself. It lacks functions and a more user-friendly experience.
Read Stefan Trbojevic's full review
Simon Wanjau profile photo
November 01, 2018

WooCommerce Review: "Efficient ecommerce platform"

I have used WooCommerce together with WordPress to design and develop ecommerce web applications for diverse clients. WooCommerce ecommerce web applications are easy to manage for clients and also have less operational costs compared to other platforms.
  • Simplified ecommerce website development and management.
  • Integration with other tools necessary for successful ecommerce website running.
  • Availability of a large user community.
  • WooCommerce requires a skilled WordPress and WooCommerce expert to develop.
WooCommerce is suitable for small and medium size businesses that would like to sell their products online. It is easy to implement and manage, and it has lower operational costs compared to other platforms.
Read Simon Wanjau's full review
Aaron Nielsen profile photo
November 01, 2018

WooCommerce Review: "Great to get you started, but could be more user friendly to Multi-vendor sites."

WooCommerece has allowed us to set up advance payment procedures for all of our hosts on LutheranBnB.com. Without WooCommerce's vast number of plugins and features, we wouldn't be operating.
  • Customizable product options
  • Coordination between different plugins
  • Customer friendly front end
  • We run a booking company that allows other vendors to list their homes on the website. For people with some web knowledge it is easy enough to figure out. But people without that knowledge found it difficult to set up their listing.
  • Making it easier to change what products are called would alleviate some questions.
  • Providing a front facing interface for our vendors would be good.
WooCommerce is great for getting set up with an E-commerce store fast. But if you aren't well versed in webdesign, it can be a bit daunting.
Read Aaron Nielsen's full review
Aditya Agrawal profile photo
November 01, 2018

WooCommerce Review: "Robust ecommerce solution"

I have used WooCommerce in the development of different ecommerce web applications. WooCommerce is easy to install in just a few clicks. We use this solution as the ecommerce platform of choice for running ecommerce websites.
  • It is easy to install.
  • It is easy to create and manage products.
  • It is affordable.
  • It integrates with other tools required in ecommerce.
  • The response rate time for website is low sometimes.
  • Requires skilled web developers to implement.
WooCommerce is suitable for businesses and persons who wish to start selling their products online. Being a robust, flexible and effective ecommerce platform it would suit the ecommerce needs to most small and medium traffic ecommerce websites.
Read Aditya Agrawal's full review
Jason Weimann profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "Love WooCommerce for its price, power, and flexibility!"

I'm using WooCommerce to run an online education platform, and it's amazing. The plugin system allows me to find solutions for just about any requirement I need. It's simple to use, affordable (free), and just works. I couldn't be happier with it as an eCommerce solution and highly recommend it to anyone looking to do something similar.
  • Pricing
  • Extensibility
  • Ease of Use
  • Nothing I've run into yet
Selling just about anything online. I use it for digital goods, but I know plenty of others who also sell physical goods with it and love the system.
Read Jason Weimann's full review
Wayne Spivak profile photo
June 17, 2018

User Review: "WooCommerce, a good starting place"

As a baby apparel manufacturer distributor, we use WooCommerce as our forward facing e-commerce to the retail space. WooCommerce does a good job, but its strength is also a weakness.
  • There are hundreds if not thousands of plug-ins. This lets you customize WooCommerce to meet you specific needs.
  • WooCommerce is very inexpensive to free for both the core system and most of the plug-ins.
  • Want to go "custom", finding a consultant/developer is quite easy, finding a really good one, a little to lot more difficult
  • The more plug-ins, the slower your server becomes.
  • The more plug-ins, the greater a chance they won't play nicely together
  • The more plug-ins, the greater the chance that the publisher of the plug-in will disappear and leave you in a lurch.
Starting off, great product. But should your store take off, it might behoove you to move to a system which is more tightly built and configured for both the transactional as well as speed.
Read Wayne Spivak's full review
November 29, 2018

Review: "WooCommerce an easy, free way to start selling online"

WooCommerce is used by our web design team. It is used to sell tours and promote events or sales. In selling travel, we don't have things that are purchased and shipped. The flexibility that WooCommerce has to sell products that are digital or linked to other sights is really beneficial. The products that we sell are travel packages. By using WooCommerce, we get the benefits of product custom post types, product tags and categories, and to arrange our tours in a way that the customer can search and find.
  • WooCommerce is a flexible e-commerce platform that allows for many types of products/goods to be sold. In a previous role, I have used it for products and digital downloads. Now, I use it to sell travel, more of an event-type product.
  • It is a free plugin for WordPress and is easy to install. Of course, there are paid upgrades and customization that you can do, but it is a really affordable way to get started in e-commerce.
  • When you install the program, it installs/creates the necessary cart and check out pages if you don't already have them.
  • There are a lot of features. If you are not using them, attributes, for example, you'll see them on every product backend page. A toggle in the setting would be nice to see.
  • It is widely used. If you don't customize your theme a lot of shops will look like yours.
WooCommerce by itself isn't good for selling time-based products or for booking appointments. Though there are add-ons you can purchase to make this easier. Other than that I love it.
November 01, 2018

User Review: "WooCommerce is good"

WooCommerce is just used by my department, which is the marketing department. It's used in conjunction with our nonprofit website and allows visitors to make donations. It can be used for different aspects as well, including sponsors, event registrations, different donation pots, and other types of similar projects. It could be used for product too, if we had any.
  • Takes money and sends confirmation.
  • Allows for different usages.
  • Has so far not had any issues with being down.
  • Wish it were a bit more user friendly.
  • Interface a little confusing for those using.
  • More customization.
WooCommerce is well suited in taking money and donations and feedback and such, being used for event or other types of registration, splitting money into different categories, and can be used in product purchasing as well. It's less well suited for anything outside of that scope, such as for different accounting purposes.
Santiago Valdés profile photo
April 02, 2018

WooCommerce Review: "Flexible and easy to change. In 90% of the cases would be my choice."

We use WooCommerce as our store for eCommerce. We sell secondhand clothes to all of our country. This is only for managing sales, because we have another software for managing stock, products descriptions, etc. Of course everybody at the organization uses WooCommerce at some level: some use it to check the sales, others for checking stock levels, others for changing content on some landing pages. It is used across almost all of the organization (except for warehousing).
  • Flexible. You can change anything you want, easily. If it's design, you can change it via your template. If it's language, Loco Translate. If it's a theme, just buy one for $40. If it's something more particular, you can probably do it via functions.php.
  • Amazing community. You can find LOTS of groups where they can give you advice on what to choose, help, benchmarks, etc. Even though the software isn't impressive, because it's Wordpress you have a lot of support and a huge community.
  • Lots of plugins, themes and devs. One of the benefits of that is how easy and cheap it is to get help. You want a template? Use Themeforest and you get 10,000 for $20.
  • Great integration with static content. Because it's part of Wordpress, it's obvious how to create static content. For landing pages, blog posts, etc. you can play with Slider Revolution or WP Bakery Visual Composer and solve a lot of issues quickly.
  • Integration with payment providers. It's similar to my third point, but important as well.
  • Scalability is an issue. It all depends, but some queries are slow and with over 10,000 products you can suffer. It can be fixed (we did) but it isn't out of the box.
  • Coupons and codes is very poorly implemented. There are extensions for that, but again, out of the box isn't great.
  • Database performance in general is not amazing. You can optimize, but for larger stores (+2,000 products) you'll need to invest some time in optimizing.
  • Shipping options. This is so weirdly implemented. We fixed it with a plugin (not that easy) but if you want to offer multiple shipping options, based on weight or volume, you might need to spend some time.
If you need stores in multiple languages or countries (with the same stock), I'm not sure this is going to be a very good fit. I haven't had many experience with this so I can't tell.
If you need to start quickly and cheap, this is a GREAT choice, because you can start small and then customize your store as you wish. The store can grow as you grow, too. In particular, if you are the one who's going to be making the store and you know some PHP or have changed some Wordpress sites before, go with this. At least in terms of design and what you can do (landings, banners, checkout, etc.) you can look like a huge store without those resources. For scalability right away, I would make sure to have some resources for optimizing the store to fit those needs.
Read Santiago Valdés's full review
Steven Silva profile photo
January 30, 2018

Review: "WooCommerce - solid tool for a growing e-commerce company"

We use WooCommerce as a plug-in to our WordPress site. All of our customer orders are processed inside of WooCommerce. We handle everything from the initial order to shipping from that plugin.
  • Customer interface - The order and checkout process on our website is familiar, clean, and seems to be secure. It's what you expect to see when you place an order.
  • Backend ease of use - On our side it's fairly easy to make changes to orders, troubleshoot issues, process refunds, and ship.
  • Ease of implementation - We had help with this, our developer did the work, but getting it installed and up and running was straightforward and quick.
  • Streamlining the backend - Our current process of shipping and completing orders is fairly easy, but it involves too many mouse clicks. This process should be streamlined.
  • Features - It would be great if there were a few more features built in. This may be more of a WordPress issue, but it seems every added bit of functionality is a new plugin, many of which cost money. For example, there's no setting to automatically send the customer tracking info after their order ships.
No sure what scenarios it would be less appropriate, but in our case, it's a great fit. We're a relatively small e-commerce outfit, and it's been a great tool during our growth.
Read Steven Silva's full review
Christine Guenette profile photo
March 16, 2018

User Review: "WooCommerce keeps it simple"

We are using WooCommerce to manage online sales, payment plan options, and automated purchase confirmation emails.
  • It was simple to set up an online store
  • Adding and removing products, creating a sale price, or offering a discount coupon are simple.
  • It connects to PayPal, a trusted and credible payment method.
  • For various added features additional plugins are required (WordPress). These plugins are not always up to date, maintained or even functioning.
  • There is a standard confirmation of purchase email for all products. Although the email is customizable, it applies to all products in the store. It would be helpful to have customization by product.
  • It is possible to connect woocommerce to mailchimp for email automation, but this connections seems to regularly break requiring us to go and fix it repeatedly.
It seems to be great for a simple online store. However the more features you want, the less this application may respond to needs.
Read Christine Guenette's full review
Tim Vahsholtz profile photo
October 11, 2017

Review: "Easy E-Commerce, as long as you're a little savvy with WooCommerce"

We offer WooCommerce set up and integration for a number of our website marketing clients. These clients vary from industrial clients, selling monitoring equipment and sensors, to non-profits that sell event tickets, to a couple of clients providing online training packages. Certainly having an online store helps a business, and the organizations that provide their own online ticketing in house can save on paying out service fees to a third provider.
  • WooCommerce is great because it is easy to set up, and easy for us to help our clients manage their products. Set up is usually less than a day, and we can get a handful of products up and configured in the first week. Plus, we are able to duplicate existing products, saving us time.
  • WooCommerce has a very detailed, robust support manual to help us get started and add products to the site.
  • There are numerous plugins available to enhance WooCommerce. In particular, a couple of plugins allow for further customization of the product page layout, colors and titles. Other plugins enhance the shopping cart experience.
  • WooCommerce follows the Wordpress structure of tags and categories, ensuring we will have an easy time organizing products.
  • Our clients find WooCommerce frustrating and not that easy to integrate with in store inventory systems. One client in particular, finds it too tedious to set up their products. (They are trying to do it themselves, rather than have us do it, and we are trying to change that.)
  • While the WooCommerce support manual is quite thorough, finding specific tweaks we'd like to make can prove difficult.
  • WooCommerce doesn't do everything right out of the box. As I mentioned, there are numerous add on plugins to configure WooCommerce to do what you want, but there is the down time of R&D to find a suitable, recently updated and supported add on.
Here's a few scenarios where we use WooCommerce in addition to a regular online store: 1) Participant Registration for fundraising events. One event has about 200 participants annually, and we offer a single day ticket. In the past, we have also offered custom jerseys on the site as well. This works pretty well for us and, as I mentioned, we are able to keep our service fees in house. 2) E-learning. Two clients of ours are using WooCommerce to handle the membership/purchase of online training products. There is quite a bit of additional set up to connect with Learndash and Infusionsoft, but once connected, works quite well.
Read Tim Vahsholtz's full review
Elizabeth Bottomley profile photo
April 26, 2017

WooCommerce Review: "Easy to use - from a PM point of view"

Woocommerce is used by my organisation to offer an eCommerce solution for us and our clients. We use it whenever we need a shopping basket solution - even if sometimes that does not result in a payment gateway. It provides a quick, cost-effective solution that works well with our other software
  • Ease of set up
  • Ease of use for end users
  • Reports
  • Intergration with WordPress
  • SSL support
  • Category search
Woocommerce is well suited to simple e-commerce sites, where you need quick set up and easy management of products. It also can be used for more advanced eccomerce solutions, like integrations with other systems and management, however, a lot more technical knowledge and resource is needed. It is also well suited to sites that do not need a payment gateway as you can leave this step.
Read Elizabeth Bottomley's full review
Ruby Javaid profile photo
April 24, 2017

User Review: "Build-a-store with WooCommerce"

We use WooCommerce to sell various services to our clients, but primarily business cards and websites. The best thing is that everything is in one place and clients can read everything about the service or product and purchase right then and there without having to make an appointment to come in and learn about the items. Clients also love having the ability to pay by credit card rather than a check or cash.
  • Payment Gateway - There are many gateways to choose how you get paid and your payments are processed. The most common one is undoubtedly PayPal, but WooCommerce supports many others including Stripe and First Data, to name a couple.
  • Extensions - this is both a pro and a con. The good side is that there is an extension for almost nearly any functionality you can think of. Need to specifically book appointments? There's an extension for that. Need to add on different options to your product so that the user can customize their order and the price will adjust accordingly? There's definitely an extension for that. These are just two examples, but the library is pretty extensive.
  • WordPress integration is great (particularly with an Avada theme) and you really don't have to do much to get your site up and running to start selling. The user interface is pretty intuitive if you have experience with WordPress and it's not all that different from configuring any other plugin.
  • The core software is completely free and available to use for anyone. You only get basic functionality, but even so, you can do a lot with it.
  • Expense - this is the biggest con for WooCommerce. While the core software is free of charge, the extensions will totally get you. They can be as little as $39/year and run up to something like $249/year for one license for one extension to be used on one domain. And if you have a serious store of any kind, you are going to need a few extensions. Even for payment processing, if you want any other option than PayPal standard, you're going to have to pay unfortunately. Also the fee is not one time, it is recurring annually. I think you can keep using the extension once your year is over, but you will no longer get updates and support. For me, the expense is worth it. But for others it may not be.
  • There's a rather specific con that I have that others may not. I utilize the Subscriptions extension along with the Add-ons extension. Both are amazing in functionality separately, but there is no option for me to categorize my add-on as a one time fee for an option or as part of the recurring subscription charges. It automatically rolls the charge in with the recurring fee. Now there is a very roundabout and not that user-friendly way to get around this, but I feel like this is a huge oversight on WooCommerce's part.
WooCommerce is well suited for pretty much any type of online store. It works really well with WordPress and has a very extensive library of extensions that you can purchase to customize your store for your needs. You could sell anything from massages to spoons to coffee bean subscriptions on it. But beware the yearly costs if you are selling anything more complicated than one simple product for one price without variations. You will definitely have to purchase extensions for that scenario.
Read Ruby Javaid's full review
Gary Gray profile photo
April 24, 2017

Review: "WooCommerce - A simple, customizable, self-managed e-commerce solution"

I've consulted with numerous e-commerce sites, and physical retail establishments for setting up WooCommerce stores to either showcase or sell their products. In each use case, my clients wanted a simple, self-serviced solution that was robust and expandable enough to service both their current needs and whatever expansion awaited in the years to come.
  • WooCommerce has exceptionally strong and functional product management features, that are exponentially augmented by the vast array of available plugins to help you do pretty much anything you could want to do online.
  • Solid integration with WordPress makes setting up and managing a WooCommerce site very easy for those already experienced with WordPress.
  • Numerous payment gateways allow you to select from a range of payment processors.
  • Total customization of front-end appearance via WordPress infrastructure and available themes.
  • It's free…
  • I'd like to to be easier to create new data fields within products. It's possible but clunky to do with plugins.
  • With a long list of product categories, it gets cumbersome to scroll the long list to select the desired categories. Likely this is what it is, and is a factor of the long list, but with that tiny window it's an unpleasant experience.
  • Some basic tasks necessitate plugins to be done - and should be incorporated into the core WooCommerce functionality. Not surprisingly I can't think of any of those tasks at the moment, but I know this has crossed my mind in the past.
If you're in need of a powerful, customizable and self-maintained/easily maintained e-commerce backend, WooCommerce is an excellent solution. If you already have WordPress experience, you'll find adding and using WooCommerce to be well within your existing skill set. However, if you're not interested in getting involved with anything remotely technical, and don't want to operate your own website, you may be best off using a hosted e-commerce solution like Shopify.
Read Gary Gray's full review
Kristin Kenney profile photo
March 14, 2017

Review: "WooCommerce offers a powerful mid-size small business platform"

I used WooCommerce in a client services role, for an emerging, VC-backed startup company (consumer/health goods). Our client managed sales day-to-day, while I monitored the WooCommerce dashboard and analytics, providing counsel and tweaks to improve the sales funnel and increase returns. WooCommerce allowed my team to monitor client progress and integration of sales with marketing efforts/campaigns, while handing the "business management" aspects off to the client.
  • Integrations: WooCommerce integrates with hundreds of other services, both marketing and logistics. The platform excels in this regard.
  • Customer Support: Support is easy to contact and extremely helpful.
  • Open Source: By making the WooCommerce platform open source, WooCommerce is contributing to the development of quality software - and improving its own platform.
  • Customization: WooCommerce is not as strong in this regard, vs. major competitors.
WooCommerce is a great platform for small business owners with a bit of savvy - while it works for "beginner" users who are new to e-commerce, the platform has enough database, analytics, and inventory management features to make it a pretty powerful platform for users who like to dig into data.
Read Kristin Kenney's full review
Bryan Bielefeldt profile photo
March 31, 2017

Review: "Is WooCommerce always the right answer for e-commerce?"

As the CTO for a marketing firm we use WooCommerce in a few different ways. We also manage and extend its functionality regularly for our clients to include back office integrations.
  • Ease of Setup
  • Ease of Payment Integrations
  • Tons of plugins
  • Tons of plugins lol
  • Shipping modules are not robust enough
  • Many conflicts between third party plugins
[Well suited for] Small business or businesses with less than 2000 products.
Read Bryan Bielefeldt's full review

Product catalog & listings (33)
Product management (34)
Bulk product upload (25)
Branding (27)
Mobile storefront (29)
Product variations (31)
Website integration (34)
Visual customization (32)
CMS (23)
Abandoned cart recovery (18)
Checkout user experience (32)
eCommerce security (30)
Promotions & discounts (33)
Personalized recommendations (28)
SEO (29)
Multi-site management (13)
Order processing (31)
Inventory management (30)
Shipping (27)
Custom functionality (27)

About WooCommerce

WooCommerce is an eCommerce plugin for WordPress, developed by WooThemes (recently acquired by Automattic). Like WordPress, it is designed to be an extendable, adaptable, open-sourced platform. WooCommerce allows merchants to sell physical products, downloadables, or services. The free core includes: Storefront, a free WordPress theme designed for eCommerce, 5 pre-installed payment gateways (including PayPal and Direct Bank Transfer), coupons, shipping and cart calculators, product listing management and customer account registration, among other features. Many many extensions are available, such as WooCommerce Bookings, for e-merchants selling appointments, services, or rentals.

According to WooThemes (per Builtwith.com), WooCommerce has > 9,524,908 downloads and powers > 30% of online stores.