I also use it for the same purpose for another business …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Website integration (84)8.383%
- Product management (84)7.676%
- Product catalog & listings (83)7.575%
- Visual customization (81)6.868%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of WooCommerce, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
According to WooThemes (per Builtwith.com), WooCommerce has > 9,524,908 downloads and powers > 30% of online stores.
I wouldn't use it if felt I [didn't] need a complete online store. In some cases I will use a form builder with a payment gateway.
For large e-commerce stores with a huge number of SKUs or very high order volume, WooCommerce will begin to get bogged down managing all of the data in the database. Sometimes it's hard to find the right plugins to do the exact customization you're needing.
The platform isn't as polished or user-friendly, but it's free and compatible with WordPress websites and the best option for WordPress.
Also there are groups in Facebook, LinkedIn to provide support or guidance to WooCommerce. But the learning curve is kind of complex. Depending on the business needs.
If you want an easier and better UI, you can use Shopify, it's easier to understand, manage but less easier to customize.
- Low cost quick online shop setup
- Very easy to set up
- Good support from the community for trouble shooting issues.
- You have to manage your own server for performance optimization
- Based on PHP, there is always a chance of getting hacked if you use too many third party plugins
- Does not cover everything out of the box - for an example hiding other shipping methods if free shipping is applicable. Weight based shipping etc.
Less appropriate for large scale organizations, or orgs requiring a sophisticated user experience, or CPQ.