WooCommerce Reviews

Rick Fitzgerald | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 03, 2020

WooCommerce and WordPress - a winner's combo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As an engineer I am always looking for solutions and and platforms to be used in different applications. As a really long-time ecommerce expert, I started with WooCommerce back in 2011/2012, as I usually reject hosted applications, because you completely lost the control or the freedom on the core, and the ability to set up your resources the best way your current platform handles them. I loved WooCommerce since the beginning, because of the impressive array of built in features, their use of the traditional MySQL/PHP platform, its seamless integration with WordPress, and their ease of use and upgrade, along with the compatibility with a large number of templates, or your own custom one.
I currently have 4 ecommerce websites on the platform and plan to upgrade to even more, as my new ventures, with different partners also use it. As an entrepreneur and admin, I loved the way you can quickly change and perform large updates without hassles, as my prior experience with open source platforms, has been really tedious, because I had to modify core files, and custom files by myself, and even adapt the css to match the site's design, I wonder how a non-tech user handles those situations.
Read Rick Fitzgerald's full review
Greg Dungan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Wocommerce Makes eCommerce Easy and Affordable

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I operate a Digital Marketing Agency where I've built many website for clients who use WooCommerce. I have built WooCommerce into sites to directly sell products, receive donations, process payments for services, and even to book hotel rooms. Not only have I built sites that use WooCommerce, I regularly market those products and services in ways that require integration of WooCommerce with Facebook and other third-party platforms. I've installed, used, and managed WooCommerce in just about every way possible.
Read Greg Dungan's full review
Jim Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

Makes e-commerce easy for WordPress

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have implemented WooCommerce to manage multiple stores on our own WordPress multisite network of more than 1500 member blogs. Through our featured store sites, we sell both physical goods and digital products. I have also installed and helped maintain WooCommerce stores for various other website clients selling a variety of products. WooCommerce is now my preferred e-commerce plugin for any WordPress sites I develop. Using WooCommerce and its various add-ons, I am able to quickly build out an online store and easily manage product inventory and sales.
Read Jim Nelson's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

The Cost Effective eCommerce Plugin for the Tech Savvy Startup

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I discovered WooCommerce after someone recommended it in an online community as I was looking for a WordPress plugin that could help me set up my online store to sell digital resources via my website. The plugin makes it super easy to create a customised and branded online store with a variety of themes ensuring that your store does not look like anyone else's.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
January 22, 2020

Great WordPress eCommerce Solution

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use WooCommerce to power our online store. Our products include physical products, drop shipped products (with integration to our fulfillment partner), digital goods, and subscriptions. It solves our needs for managing products, displaying those products in a web-based shop, filtering by product type and category, as well as handling, check out, and delivery.
January 14, 2020

There's a reason it powers more online stores than any competitor!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use WooCommerce on three of our websites to sell various physical and digital products. The huge level of flexibility available due to the extensions and other plugins, as well as its ability to connect with other apps and services, is really appealing.
Ray Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2020

Without WooCommerce there, no eCommerce happens

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WooCommerce is the eCommerce engine that drives online sales of either physical or digital goods for my company. It is used for transacting the relationship between my customers and my products and/or services offered. Without having to manually take customer orders and without having to touch the buying process, WooCommerce handles it all.
Read Ray Flores's full review
Seth Paine | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 23, 2019

WooCommerce, powerful, flexible, and very customizable.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use WooCommerce for our online store to sell books and other materials that we use for our ministry. It is only being used in one department. We use it on the same website that our main website is on. Because it is built to work on WordPress it is easy to maintain and update. I maintain the website and because it is the same platform I can easily maintain the online store as well. It allows us to have an inexpensive online store solution.
Read Seth Paine's full review
Dan Hanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2019

A better E Commerce Solution

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Currently, I am at a Start-Up Website Marketing company. We offer numerous different services to help Small Businesses achieve success. I currently use WooCommerce to sell full E-Commerce stores, as well as different marketing packages for Small Businesses. I am currently the only person working for my company. WooCommerce makes it possible for a small business such as myself to sell products and services.
Read Dan Hanna's full review
Igor Neumann | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

The king of Wordpress-based e-commerce

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use WooCommerce, with sales disabled, as a product portfolio and information provider at our website. Our clients need to ask for a quote in order to buy it but we do plan to activate the e-commerce function in the near future. Our website is currently in 9 different languages and we offer our products in more than 90 countries.
Read Igor Neumann's full review
Scott Lengacher | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2019

WooCommerce is the way to go

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using this solution on the marketing side of our business. It is being used by vendors in a marketplace setting. It works great and, with a little knowledge, you can tweak it to fit a lot of different industries and applications. There are a lot of plugins that can integrate with it, so that is great as well.
Read Scott Lengacher's full review
October 23, 2019

WooCommerce an easy, free way to start selling online

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WooCommerce is used by our web design team. It is used to sell tours and promote events or sales. In selling travel, we don't have things that are purchased and shipped. The flexibility that WooCommerce has to sell products that are digital or linked to other sights is really beneficial. The products that we sell are travel packages. By using WooCommerce, we get the benefits of product custom post types, product tags and categories, and to arrange our tours in a way that the customer can search and find.
August 28, 2019

Most versatile web shop that you can build in-house

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have built an online parts store to sell hundreds of products through an online shop. The whole Export department works with this shop and it saves us so much time vs. the conventional method of quoting parts via email and doing the whole quoting/freight/shipping/invoicing/payment process via back-and-forth email correspondence. The benefits are a streamlined, uniform and professional business process.
Franklin Wells | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2019

Simply the best e-commerce CMS that I have used.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a web developer with several years of experience, and WooCommerce has been a very important tool in my field. It has all the functions that are needed to develop an online store and without having to be an expert in programming. Almost everything is done and the work time is translated into filling the web content and fixing the visual part of it. In my organization, we use it throughout my department for the virtual stores that we are asked to develop.
Read Franklin Wells's full review
Brian Halstrom | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 21, 2018

Looking at WooCommerce? What Are You Waiting For?!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our organization uses WooCommerce to power multiple online storefronts. It allows us to sell everything from bowling shirts, bowling jerseys to memberships. The great thing about WooCommerce is the flexibility to customize the product pages and overall any aspect of the customer experience on the website. Adding additional plugins is usually very straight-forward, and unlike many other platforms, the plugins are more affordable.
Read Brian Halstrom's full review
Rob Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2018

WooCommerce Helps Woo Customers

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WooCommerce is an eCommerce solution that my agency, Webidextrous.com, implements and supports for a variety of companies and organizations. It addresses the need many organizations have to sell physical, virtual, and downloadable goods and services online without overwhelming smaller budgets. Webidextrous clients are able to quickly roll out an online store that scales quickly and easily and connects to payment and fulfillment gateways with ease.
Read Rob Watson's full review
Joseph Condon | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2018

Most affordable way to open your own online shop - little experience required

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are able to list our items and display them in beautiful fashion. The site runs smoothly and the best part of all, I'm not paying monthly fees like you would with other eCommerce solutions. If you have a domain and a host, just sign up for WordPress and install woo-commerce today. We are using it for multiple purposes. On one site, we use it to sell our product. On an entire different domain, we have used it as a way to accept donations to specific cause. There are so many plugins that we can modify the use of WooCommerce on each domain to solve different business problems and address different needs. We use WooCommerce on any site we have that runs on the WordPress platform.
Read Joseph Condon's full review
Joshua Burcham | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 07, 2018

WooCommerce Hits the Sweet Spot

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I run a small web design studio that specializes in working with clients in the design field, including art and antique dealers. I use WooCommerce to add the ability to easily display their inventory on their websites. Some clients sell directly online, but most of my clients do not like to make the prices public. For those clients, WooCommerce makes it easy to display products and accept inquiries.
Read Joshua Burcham's full review
Arron Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer

My Experience with WooCommerce

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used WooCommerce in the past and I enjoyed it for the time that I had. It was a learning experience for me since I don't have a background in coding. Turns out, with WooCommerce you don't need those skills. I was able to import my products and edit them accordingly to work for my business. It's a great program to start you out, especially since it is very affordable to use.
Read Arron Davis's full review
Megan Bailey | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 01, 2018

WooCommerce can work for most shops and offers more features without the price tag

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used it in the past to try and sell digital products. I am coming back to it as the best option for compatibility with themes, builders, and plugins. I want to sell bundled graphics, themes, and templates, and WooCommerce offers the best solution for this. It allows for digital products and to denote whether it is completely virtual or not. I can customize how my products look, use galleries to give more product photos, and track my sales in real-time. When I first started using it years ago, the customization was lacking, but now it integrates with Elementor, giving me full control on how my pages look.
Read Megan Bailey's full review
Shehan Marasinghe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best E-Commerce Platform for SMEs

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our organization is a blog which is developed using WordPress. We wanted to add an online store to sell digital books. The WooCommerce plugin let us simply create an online store in the same WordPress installation and manage it along with the blog in a single dashboard. WooCommerce is an easy-to-use and stable solution for e-commerce.
Read Shehan Marasinghe's full review
Abraham García | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2019

Create a virtual store in less time than in other ecommerce CMS

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm in charge of a software development department and we do projects for third-party companies. Woocommerce has been very useful when we have developed websites dedicated to virtual stores since it is very easy to use and the interface is very nice for any user without experience. It is very easy to train any new staff in our company to be able to develop sites with Woocommerce.
Read Abraham García's full review
Matt Railey | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2019

Easy and low overhead eCommerce solution for small to medium sized businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have implemented WooCommerce as the eCommerce solution for clients' WordPress (WP) based websites. It is a simple and easy to use solution for managing products, inventory, pricing, and easily integrates into WP's backend for managing the content of all of the above.
Read Matt Railey's full review

Product catalog & listings (51)
Product management (52)
Bulk product upload (40)
Branding (43)
Mobile storefront (46)
Product variations (49)
Website integration (52)
Visual customization (50)
CMS (38)
Abandoned cart recovery (30)
Checkout user experience (50)
eCommerce security (47)
Promotions & discounts (50)
Personalized recommendations (44)
SEO (46)
Multi-site management (24)
Order processing (49)
Inventory management (47)
Shipping (45)
Custom functionality (45)

About WooCommerce

WooCommerce is an eCommerce plugin for WordPress, developed by WooThemes (recently acquired by Automattic). Like WordPress, it is designed to be an extendable, adaptable, open-sourced platform. WooCommerce allows merchants to sell physical products, downloadables, or services. The free core includes: Storefront, a free WordPress theme designed for eCommerce, 5 pre-installed payment gateways (including PayPal and Direct Bank Transfer), coupons, shipping and cart calculators, product listing management and customer account registration, among other features. Many many extensions are available, such as WooCommerce Bookings, for e-merchants selling appointments, services, or rentals.

According to WooThemes (per Builtwith.com), WooCommerce has > 9,524,908 downloads and powers > 30% of online stores.