Woohoo, Commerce!

WooCommerce to your e-commerce rescue!

Love WooCommerce

We use WooCommerce for corporate orders and our online stores. Used across the whole organization from sales to marketing. It helps manage …

A better E Commerce Solution

Website integration (87)

Product management (87)

Product catalog & listings (86)

Visual customization (84)

2 people want pricing too

What is Stripe?

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts…

What is Salesforce Commerce Cloud?

Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly called Demandware) is a cloud-based eCommerce solution that touts flexibility and scalability for enterprises. It features merchandising tools, such as sorting, filtering, image zooming, and more.

Online Storefront

Online Shopping Cart

Online Payment System

eCommerce Marketing

eCommerce Business Management

What is WooCommerce?

WooCommerce is an eCommerce plugin for WordPress, developed by WooThemes (recently acquired by Automattic). Like WordPress, it is designed to be an extendable, adaptable, open-sourced platform. WooCommerce allows merchants to sell physical products, downloadables, or services. The free core includes: Storefront, a free WordPress theme designed for eCommerce, 5 pre-installed payment gateways (including PayPal and Direct Bank Transfer), coupons, shipping and cart calculators, product listing management and customer account registration, among other features. Many many extensions are available, such as WooCommerce Bookings, for e-merchants selling appointments, services, or rentals.

According to WooThemes (per Builtwith.com), WooCommerce has > 9,524,908 downloads and powers > 30% of online stores.

WooCommerce Video

WooCommerce Integrations

WooCommerce Technical Details

Alternatives

What is WooCommerce?

What is WooCommerce's best feature?

Reviewers rate Website integration highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses WooCommerce?

The most common users of WooCommerce are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Our company utilizes WooCommerce to sell customized products via a WordPress eCommerce website. We needed a way for customers to locate our business online, view our product offerings, and eventually place orders. WooCommerce was an easy option since it integrates directly with our website and is free to start. There are many paid plugins that we take advantage of but everything is based on the WooCommerce platform.

WooCommerce also makes it easy to track our online sales and manage our inventory.
May 28, 2021

Woohoo, Commerce!

Darian Rawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
WooCommerce was utilized to build popup shops online for various opportunities where a pre-existing online presence was in place using WordPress sites. The platform provides an extremely short setup process to get your store online and start selling. These were short-term sales that focused on moment-based marketing, so the longevity of the storefront was not important. WooCommerce is a great and viable option for creating branded small storefronts as well as big retail storefronts.
Luis Escoffié | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WooCommerce to create eCommerce stores for all kind of businesses, from local to worldwide. We have created stores for Europe, America and South America clients. Also we use it to boost our local business in SEO and sales. We have created stores with easy registration process with one clic login/registration. Also we protect our stores with Cloudfilt services to avoid bad bots entering to the stores.
Kaushik Somaiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used WooCommerce on a lot of my clients site. And one of the site is India's top Kids food online portal - MyLittleMoppet Foods. WooCommerce made it possible for naive clients to have their shop online easily with out of the box solutions related to shipping and pricing.
Felicia Betancourt | TrustRadius Reviewer
I help clients with their WordPress sites that use WooCommerce. WooCommerce is not business software that I would use internally. Rather, it is a consumer product aimed at people who want to use WordPress as the platform for their e-commerce website. WooCommerce keeps track of both product inventory and orders. In addition, it provides templates for the presentation of products, a cart, and a checkout page.
Jason Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being a WordPress design agency, WooCommerce is our go-to solution for our internal subscription and payment needs and also our client's e-commerce needs. There are situations where there are better solutions but we find that [for] 90% of what we need WooCommerce works for us and is either free or very low cost.
Justin Esgar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WooCommerce as a sales platform for a few client websites that we have built. It's a great way to implement a shopping cart feature into any WordPress-based website. It makes it really easy to list products, set up shipping, and take credit cards via a slew of different payment gateways.

If you are building an online store in any capacity, WooCommerce plus its slew of plug-ins is a great option.
Akshay Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used WooCommerce with WordPress to set up an online grocery store for a client. The client wanted a simple tool that can be integrated easily with their existing WordPress blog and is easy to manage. Since it requires no technical knowledge to work on, it became very easy for my client to manage the ecommerce store from the UI.
Jorge Edel Aguilar Avendaño | TrustRadius Reviewer
WooCommerce has been a game changer in my company. The reason I use WooCommerce is because it's so flexible when it comes to payment gateways and add-ons you can implement. I currently use it for myself and clients that hire us to build their online web store.
Brandon Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
The reason for preferring WooCommerce is its stability and affordability. I didn't have a good experience with WordPress, but if I talk about WooCommerce, it has brought a great revolution. Because it is quite light so it is really easy to run on cheaper hosting even. However, Magento comparatively I found to be heavier enough [that it] required sufficient hosting. I really like its outstanding ability to integrate with a lot of other software as well as plugins. It introduces a wide range of features that prove really helpful to web developers and business owners. For serious budget constraints companies, it will be the most suitable option because it is free.
Kejda Gjermani | TrustRadius Reviewer
WooCommerce is used to allow our readers to subscribe to our magazine (options including print or digital) and also to allow them a good deal of self service to edit their personal details, shipping addresses, billing address, and also to purchase gift subscriptions for loved ones. Through other Wordpress functions we’ve integrated Woocommerce into our entitlement system too, to unlock subscriber only content and even grant access to a subscriber only iPad app.
Umair Butt | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization is using WooCommerce to sell physical and digital products. We teach online so we sell books and we also sell physical products. We add products with different variations through WooCommerce. We never found any problem during the use of WooCommerce. We always easily add the products with complete details on our website including the descriptions, images, and selection of the category. We have added some payment gateways and everything is working fine.
Dustin Day | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have implemented WooCommerce on multiple websites. If you are already using or plan on using WordPress it’s a wonderful solution with many plugins and extensions that utilize its core to expand to make most store/shop configurations. Being able to easily implement an online store and manage it from your website’s backend makes it convenient to manage.
Ramakant Rout | TrustRadius Reviewer
First of all, we are using WooCommerce as the eCommerce platform to integrate our medical products to sell [to] users. We are using WooCommerce only for the product page. We are selling masks and everyone can order this product. WooCommerce is an easy application to integrate and start selling my product in an easy way.
Dan Hanna | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, I am at a Start-Up Website Marketing company. We offer numerous different services to help Small Businesses achieve success. I currently use WooCommerce to sell full E-Commerce stores, as well as different marketing packages for Small Businesses. I am currently the only person working for my company. WooCommerce makes it possible for a small business such as myself to sell products and services.
Ruby Javaid | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use WooCommerce to sell various services to our clients, but primarily business cards and websites. The best thing is that everything is in one place and clients can read everything about the service or product and purchase right then and there without having to make an appointment to come in and learn about the items. Clients also love having the ability to pay by credit card rather than a check or cash.
Dustin Brackett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Many of our e-commerce clients utilize WooCommerce for their online shops through WordPress. We have helped dozens of companies create an e-commerce solution using WooCommerce in conjunction with WooCommerce extensions and plugins. It is a simple and easy-to-use, out-of-the-box e-commerce solution for WordPress websites.
Megan Bond | TrustRadius Reviewer
Not only this software boosted the selling of my products but also it showed me new ways towards marketing my products. It is very much easy to use software and its interface is also very simple and elegant. Since its usage, I am tension-free about the shipping and the payment mode because it offers me a variety of options so that my customers would be at ease.
I use WooCommerce to sell photography products and services to clients. Often I am booking photography sessions in advance of the date of the shoot, and I have specific time slots available for booking. WooCommerce allows me to make these time slots available to clients and they can book them and pay for them in advance online, from their computer or phone. Because I can combine both the payment and the scheduling, I don't have to worry about double-booking.
I work with clients to develop e-commerce websites, and I always recommend designing the site on WordPress and implementing WooCommerce as the e-commerce solution. Each client's use case is different, which is why I love WooCommerce; the flexibility to customize it as needed for each client is really easy. Plus, because the base software is free, my clients only need to pay additional if they need specific customization or options not available in that base package.
We use WooCommerce on my client's website. They sell products that are available for local delivery only. They do not have a storefront; their website is the only way for customers to find them and order from them. Therefore it solves the most basic problem: it allows them to have a business. They previously used a third-party site to list their products but that site closed, so now they have complete control over their online presence.