WordPress

Best option for making website

October 26, 2021
First of all, it is free. With WordPress, you don't need to know to code. It has lots of plugins and themes that make your work easier. If …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Library of website themes (128)

Mobile optimization / responsive design (127)

Page templates (126)

Admin section (129)

Video Reviews (3)

Record

What is WordPress?

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers, and a content management system, known for its simplicity and modifiability. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.trustradius.com/buyer…

10 people want pricing too

What is ExpressionEngine?

ExpressionEngine is a content management system from EllisLab in 2002, a successor to pMachine Pro, a blogging system, which is written in object-oriented PHP and uses MySQL for data storage. ExpressionEngine is their flagship Content Delivery Platform.

What is MODX?

The MODX Digital Experience Platform provides everything you need to build, host, and maintain amazing websites your way. The vendor says that with MODX CMS and cloud hosting, users have complete control over their creative vision and the experiences they deliver, without restriction or compromise.…

Security

Platform & Infrastructure

Web Content Creation

Web Content Management

What is WordPress?

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.

WordPress Video

How to use WordPress, a step by step tutorial. Learn to when to use WordPress, how to install a theme, and how to use each of the program's tools.

WordPress Integrations

WordPress Competitors

WordPress Technical Details

What is WordPress?

What are WordPress's top competitors?

LiveJournal and Populr are common alternatives for WordPress.

What is WordPress's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability / breadth of extensions highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses WordPress?

The most common users of WordPress are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Martin Aranovitch | TrustRadius Reviewer
WordPress is open source, completely free to use software. There is no cost to renew and you can use the software to build an unlimited number of websites on domains that you own. Hence, a $0 cost software that builds you infinite assets.
Ansel Taft | TrustRadius Reviewer
We will continue to use WordPress until something better comes along. I've heard good things about a CMS called ProcessWire that's build on a modern OOO and MVC framework, but the speed of development needs to match what we can do today with WordPress.
Mathew Riexinger | TrustRadius Reviewer
My rating is based on the knowledge I have of the community that WordPress has had built around it for years now. It's as solid as it comes when you talk about community involvement and expansion. There's no other CMS out there that can match-up with it, hands down.
Ease of use is the main reason I would stay with WordPress, it gives me everything that I have needed, from quick site analysis to the ability to change something, add something or remove something. The analytics that WordPress provides is good for a quick snapshot but for more in-depth analysis I would recommend integrating Google Analytics which WordPress gives you the ability to do with ease.
Jason Sherman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Unless something comes out with artificial intelligence and takes over my blog writing, I'll keep using WordPress. There's no reason to switch when it works so well. It's very easy to use, which is one of the main factors behind continuing to use the platform. I highly recommend WordPress to anyone that needs a blog.
Michael D. Bower | TrustRadius Reviewer
As time goes on, websites will become less focused on paged content and more immersive. At the same time, the need for security will only go up. While WordPress has served the web community well for over 11 years, it's probably time to look for other better platforms.
Al Schoneman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're in. We've drunk the Kool-Aid and have no desire to migrate. We are also strongly considering a responsive theme for 2014, which WP does very well. Great product, The more that you know the more that you can do. Highly scalable solution. We just implemented a micro site that we're managing in WP also, Very handy as it uses a much stronger widget driven theme, which is something our main site is weak on. The fully responsive theme is yet to come.
Christopher Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
As we become ever more proficient and thorough with our primary CMS — Hannon Hill's Cascade Server — we may begin to consider bringing these satellite blogs into the single product fold. Should that day come, we would no longer need WordPress. Of course, the switch would mean massive SEO problems and a steep learning curve for many users. A staff our size — one designer / developer, one administrative content manager, one content writer, and a former jack-of-all trades oldhead web guy who now fancies himself an expert at digital marketing — might not be able to handle that migration.

Having our blogs separate and distinct from our primary web server has proved successful to date. Their separation makes good sense for the niche audiences each academic program requires. And their shared relationships (via links, social media crossovers and XML feeds) only strengthens our brand by showing just how diverse our offerings are.
Tracey Page | TrustRadius Reviewer
We will definitely stick with WordPress in the future because of the support and the fact that now that it is set up and ready to go it's exactly what we wanted in a product. We did a lot of research beforehand on choosing which platform to use and I feel we did make the right decision.
Eric Karkovack | TrustRadius Reviewer
WordPress has evolved from simple blogging software into an application that can run virtually any type of website. It has spawned its own ecosystem of themes and plugins. From my point of view as a web professional, the fact that there are so many great (and free) resources to learn about customizing WordPress means that, unlike some other systems, I can find the answers I need to make something work. Beyond that, the software just plain works and has become a part of my everyday life. My business has grown and evolved because of WordPress. And, unlike other software I have used, there have been no negatives. What else can I say?
Rebecca Olkowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love using WordPress but it has some limitations. It's an open source free software that experiences bugs from time to time. You may find that support from the free forums is hit or miss and when you finally get an answer it's in geek speak. Sometimes it takes a while get your problem solved. My clients are ordinary business owners and entrepreneurs who simply want their website to be functional, effective, and understandable. Despite that, I believe WordPress is the best solution, for most people, and especially for those who want to cut their business overhead. A simple and effective WordPress site can be developed for only a few hundred dollars as opposed to thousands and thousands of dollars. That's an important benefit especially for start up companies. I'm a Baby Boomer. I am able to operate WordPress easily and have learned to customize it. If I can do it, chances are many others of my age group or younger will be able to create content, make edits and updates when needed.
Andy McIlwain | TrustRadius Reviewer
WordPress is alive and well, and we have many years of collective experience under our belts as an organization. The WordPress market is growing, along with global community of people that help build and support the software.

With that in mind, there's no reason for us to abandon WordPress any time in the near (or far!) future.
Lyndsay Moon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Every time! It's so easy to use and with more and more plugins and themes that get developed and become available everyday, I get excited to see what's new for WordPress. I love looking through all the new themes and when I get asked can you add "x" to a site, I am very confident I will find a plugin that can do the job. WordPress and it's contributors don't let me down. I am very passionate about the WordPress and am not really interested in looking for a substitute for it.
I use Wordpress in my own business as well as in situations for other companies. As a web designer I find it to be my swiss army knife in delivering small to medium websites that look good and are easy to update and maintain. I would highly recommend Wordpress for this purpose, but would advise careful thought about requirements if you need complex user management or large scale in content.