WordPress Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Martin Aranovitch profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

WordPress is open source, completely free to use software. There is no cost to renew and you can use the software to build an unlimited number of websites on domains that you own. Hence, a $0 cost software that builds you infinite assets.
Read Martin Aranovitch's full review
Ansel Taft profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We will continue to use WordPress until something better comes along. I've heard good things about a CMS called ProcessWire that's build on a modern OOO and MVC framework, but the speed of development needs to match what we can do today with WordPress.
Read Ansel Taft's full review
Mathew Riexinger profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

My rating is based on the knowledge I have of the community that WordPress has had built around it for years now. It's as solid as it comes when you talk about community involvement and expansion. There's no other CMS out there that can match-up with it, hands down.
Read Mathew Riexinger's full review
Michael D. Bower profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

As time goes on, websites will become less focused on paged content and more immersive. At the same time, the need for security will only go up. While WordPress has served the web community well for over 11 years, it's probably time to look for other better platforms.
Read Michael D. Bower's full review
Christopher Davis profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

As we become ever more proficient and thorough with our primary CMS — Hannon Hill's Cascade Server — we may begin to consider bringing these satellite blogs into the single product fold. Should that day come, we would no longer need WordPress. Of course, the switch would mean massive SEO problems and a steep learning curve for many users. A staff our size — one designer / developer, one administrative content manager, one content writer, and a former jack-of-all trades oldhead web guy who now fancies himself an expert at digital marketing — might not be able to handle that migration.

Having our blogs separate and distinct from our primary web server has proved successful to date. Their separation makes good sense for the niche audiences each academic program requires. And their shared relationships (via links, social media crossovers and XML feeds) only strengthens our brand by showing just how diverse our offerings are.
Read Christopher Davis's full review
Jason Sherman profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Unless something comes out with artificial intelligence and takes over my blog writing, I'll keep using WordPress. There's no reason to switch when it works so well. It's very easy to use, which is one of the main factors behind continuing to use the platform. I highly recommend WordPress to anyone that needs a blog.
Read Jason Sherman's full review
Al Schoneman profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We're in. We've drunk the Kool-Aid and have no desire to migrate. We are also strongly considering a responsive theme for 2014, which WP does very well. Great product, The more that you know the more that you can do. Highly scalable solution. We just implemented a micro site that we're managing in WP also, Very handy as it uses a much stronger widget driven theme, which is something our main site is weak on. The fully responsive theme is yet to come.
Read Al Schoneman's full review
Rebecca Olkowski profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I love using WordPress but it has some limitations. It's an open source free software that experiences bugs from time to time. You may find that support from the free forums is hit or miss and when you finally get an answer it's in geek speak. Sometimes it takes a while get your problem solved. My clients are ordinary business owners and entrepreneurs who simply want their website to be functional, effective, and understandable. Despite that, I believe WordPress is the best solution, for most people, and especially for those who want to cut their business overhead. A simple and effective WordPress site can be developed for only a few hundred dollars as opposed to thousands and thousands of dollars. That's an important benefit especially for start up companies. I'm a Baby Boomer. I am able to operate WordPress easily and have learned to customize it. If I can do it, chances are many others of my age group or younger will be able to create content, make edits and updates when needed.
Read Rebecca Olkowski's full review
Nick Bachan profile photo
March 31, 2014

Alert the Wordpress!

Likelihood to Renew

I have a relationship with the brand, and I have seen results in every relevant aspect of its implementation - brand recognition, availability of information, customer satisfaction, etc.
Read Nick Bachan's full review
Dan Oblak profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

WordPress has never let me down... all the people I serve have benefitted from it in some measure. Until I see something else come along that can compete with its long list of accomplishments and advanages, I feel no compulsion to 'go shopping'.
Read Dan Oblak's full review
Lyndsay Moon profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Every time! It's so easy to use and with more and more plugins and themes that get developed and become available everyday, I get excited to see what's new for WordPress. I love looking through all the new themes and when I get asked can you add "x" to a site, I am very confident I will find a plugin that can do the job. WordPress and it's contributors don't let me down. I am very passionate about the WordPress and am not really interested in looking for a substitute for it.
Read Lyndsay Moon's full review
Janet Barclay profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I use WordPress every day of my working life, whether I'm updating my own site or a client's, publishing a blog post for myself or a client, or creating a brand new site. WordPress has really allowed me to grow the web design part of my business.
Read Janet Barclay's full review
Tracey Page profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We will definitely stick with WordPress in the future because of the support and the fact that now that it is set up and ready to go it's exactly what we wanted in a product. We did a lot of research beforehand on choosing which platform to use and I feel we did make the right decision.
Read Tracey Page's full review
Eric Karkovack profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

WordPress has evolved from simple blogging software into an application that can run virtually any type of website. It has spawned its own ecosystem of themes and plugins. From my point of view as a web professional, the fact that there are so many great (and free) resources to learn about customizing WordPress means that, unlike some other systems, I can find the answers I need to make something work. Beyond that, the software just plain works and has become a part of my everyday life. My business has grown and evolved because of WordPress. And, unlike other software I have used, there have been no negatives. What else can I say?
Read Eric Karkovack's full review
Andy McIlwain profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

WordPress is alive and well, and we have many years of collective experience under our belts as an organization. The WordPress market is growing, along with global community of people that help build and support the software.

With that in mind, there's no reason for us to abandon WordPress any time in the near (or far!) future.
Read Andy McIlwain's full review
Erik Blair profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I've become comfortable using WordPress because it's a step in my ability to express myself with ease and effortless productivity. As a content management system (CMS), WordPress is what I would call a masterpiece of integrated, open-source genius. It's the answer to my organization shortfalls, the solution to my productivity goals and a gift to my customers for it's reliability.

Read Erik Blair's full review
John Heimkes IV profile photo
February 18, 2014

WordPress from 10,000 ft.

Likelihood to Renew

Simply put, it's great. I love it. I've been learning new things every day. As a developer, I want to find new ways to push something to the limit. My passion is pushing WordPress. More importantly, it's ideal for freelance side jobs for many many reasons, but still one of my favorite points I always bring up to people is it's free, open source, and has the largest community out of any other tool out there in the world today.
Read John Heimkes IV's full review
Jansait Qoughondoqa profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Using this product for 9 years now, while trying other platforms every now and then, allowed me to explore it very well. I've tried the free and the paid versions and both are great. However, if you're a beginner or a professional but don't care about advanced options go for the free version.
Read Jansait Qoughondoqa's full review

Role-based user permissions (44)
API (34)
Internationalization / multi-language (27)
WYSIWYG editor (42)
Code quality / cleanliness (44)
Admin section (47)
Page templates (45)
Library of website themes (46)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (45)
Publishing workflow (46)
Form generator (42)
Content taxonomy (39)
SEO support (43)
Bulk management (34)
Availability / breadth of extensions (43)
Community / comment management (43)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.