Workable helps companies improve the quality and efficiency of their hiring by simplifying the most time-consuming task: browsing, screening and managing candidates.Workable Really WorksWorkable was used across the entire organization, including HR, Hiring Managers and Executives. We used the tool to ensure our recruiting pipeline was streamlined so that we knew where each candidate was in the pipeline and what next steps we needed to take in order to ensure a positive candidate experience.,Workflow Basic Reporting Collaboration,Some of the tabs hindered user experience Not as robust and as comprehensive as other ATS systems Easy to use but would love even more customization control,8,A streamlined pipeline means better candidate experience which can attract better candidates. Ease of use was excellent which engaged those team members who used the tool. User inbox was helpful to stay organized - which is key in Talent Acquisition.,Greenhouse, Jobvite and LinkedIn Talent,Greenhouse, LinkedIn Talent, VetteryI'm not in HR and I love WorkableOur company uses Workable across our entire organization to keep everyone aligned on potential candidates for open positions and the status of candidates that have been brought in for interviews. Previous to Workable we were trying to track candidates manually and spent a lot of time going back and forth over email and Slack to discuss candidates.,My company is a relatively small startup and we love to maximize each employees social media reach to help find high quality candidates. I can easily go into the "Jobs" section, see open positions and then post to social media sites. If I find who I think might be a qualified candidate can refer them inside of Workable by clicking "Refer a Candidate" Prior to using Workable there was no way for me to easily provide input after interviewing a candidate and see what other interviewers had to say. Now I can quickly input my feedback, see other employees feedback. I personally have a busy schedule that includes travel so it was nice to quickly access a candidate prior to an interview, see their resume and where they are in the interview process. Our HR team loves the Google calendar integration so they can check my schedule and get something set up when I'm going to actually be in the office and available.,It would be nice able to post open positions directly to social media from the Jobs page.,9,Allows employees that are not directly involved in hiring to effortlessly enter the process of interviewing and providing feedback. I can focus on my core responsibilities and not waste time on unnecessary back and forth with HR. Workable allows employees like me that are not in HR and directly involved with hiring to look at open Jobs and help find quality candidates. Save HR time by being able to see my Calendar and quickly schedule interviews or team meetings about candidates.,Octiv (formerly Tinderbox), Google Drive, Zenefits, Expensify, Slack,40,2,Sending out the job listing to a variety of online listing platforms. Getting everyone involved in the hiring process that is respectful of the employees time, allows them to interact in the process without taking un-reasonable amounts of time from their already busy workday. Scheduling the interviews and letting everyone know when they are coming in. Sometimes the basics can be the most difficult. We want to meet our potential hires face to face and spend some time with them. This proved very hard to coordinate without workable,We didn't intend for workable to feel like a social media platform where everyone can interact in a fun constructive way. Through this discussion we've realized that sometimes the candidate we first had in mind and the candidate we really need are not the same. Without workable and our collaboration on it's platform we would be getting things wrong.,You don't know what you don't know, the good thing is that since we have strongly adopted the platform it will be the first place we go when implimenting something really cool we don't even know about.,9Workable is a lesser known ATS but has a lot to offerOur talent acquisition team uses Workable as our ATS. It is used across the whole organization as a way to submit candidate referrals and is also utilized by hiring managers across the organization to review candidates and give feedback on candidates in the pipeline.,Very customizable. We can set up unique interview stages specific to each requisition. Also, we highly utilize the integration with Zapier to automate and customize the ATS to follow our hiring process, vs forcing our hiring process to fit the ATS. Innovative company adding new features all the time. We love the numerous integrations they offer and are excited to start using the HelloSign feature to simplify our offer letter approval process. Love being able to bulk message candidates and bulk disposition candidates. We don't always handle candidates profile by profile so this is a must. Believe it or not, not all ATS systems allow you to do this. Workable has a fabulous help center full of great articles. They have already created tons of great content that we like to share to help us train hiring mangaers on best practices. Usually you wouldn't think have a great help center is that important but it ends up being very helpful! Love that Workable automatically publishes jobs to free job boards, and the premium job postings are one-click and done! This saves us so much time.,Submitting employee referrals isn't the easiest. I wish Workable had a more seamless process for this within the ATS. Employees aren't able to track where their referrals are at in the process and are required to use the people search tool to submit referrals rather than referring someone from say LinkedIn or Facebook. Doesn't have a built-in requisition approval process. Users can collaborate on job descriptions, but there isn't an approval process you can use and it is difficult to tie a job to a requisition. While we use the Zapier integration to help automate a lot of our actions, Workable could be better at building in its own automation. For example, currently, there are several clicks to disposition candidates. Instead, Workable could tie a disposition email to specific disposition reasons, so when you select that disposition reason the candidate automatically gets an email with that pre-selected message.,8,Positive impact because of the ability to build scalable processes for a small recruiting team A good investment because of ability to include people in the process who are outside of HR. The ability for others to get visibility on the hiring process and gather buy-in from teams outside of HR/Talent ATS systems can be expensive but I feel Workable is very reasonably priced for what they offer.,HireVueTime SaverI am the main user. For each posted job, I add co-workers who will be involved in the interview and hiring process.Using Workable has made the entire recruiting process streamlined, organized, and simplified.,It's easy to add co-workers to Workable, and since it's very user-friendly, they are able to use it without any training. We can share comments, evaluations, and scheduling right in each candidate's profile. I can customize the process based on co-workers' needs: for example, one hiring manager asked me to add a "Maybe" category so he could easily review candidates that he was not sure about. Job postings can be saved and reused. Pre-screening questions are easy to add and change. I can post to numerous free job boards with just one click. It's also easy to post to premium boards. Workable is integrated with my email and my calendar, which is a huge time saver. Customer service is excellent. Fast response, patient with my many questions, knowledgeable.,I would like to have a "keyword search" function right in the candidate's resume.,10,It's had a huge impact in allowing me to manage my time, and lower my frustration level.,The Applicant Manager, JobAdder Recruitment Software and SmartRecruitersGreat product have recommended and implemented into other small to medium businessesWorkable is used across the organisation with all managers having access to rate candidates and add in comments. It has streamlined the recruitment process and enabled us to build a pipeline of future talent.,It is intuitive and easy for users to use. It is easy to collaborate and add comments. The tag's allow for quick notes, pipeline and creating different ways to identify candidates for future opportunities. Flexible in how the dashboard is set up and you can change it easily to suit your needs.,The ability to set up messages to send in the future would be a nice feature to have. The brief questions that are asked in the application process - it would be nice to have these plus contact details at the top rather having to scroll down as they are the first thing I look at to decide if we will progress.,9,Previously we had an Excel spreadsheet which meant it was very difficult to pipeline and identify future talent, Workable allows you to do this in an easy and simple way. Candidates don't fall through the cracks, easy to manage.,,PDFfiller,Moving candidates from one bucket to another,Yes,9
Workable

Workable Reviews

Workable
Filter 33 vetted Workable reviews and ratings
Jim Leahy profile photo
August 29, 2018

User Review: "Workable Really Works"

• Workflow
  • Basic Reporting
  • Collaboration
  • Some of the tabs hindered user experience
  • Not as robust and as comprehensive as other ATS systems
  • Easy to use but would love even more customization control
We used Workable at a start-up which was extremely wise. We weren't hiring for 50 open requisitions, we were hiring usually for five or six requisitions at a time. The cost and functionality were so helpful that we used this platform up until we were growing exponentially. After our growth took off, it made sense to utilize a different tool (especially as expectations in measurements shifted).
Read Jim Leahy's full review
Dustin McBride profile photo
August 29, 2018

User Review: "I'm not in HR and I love Workable"

• My company is a relatively small startup and we love to maximize each employees social media reach to help find high quality candidates. I can easily go into the "Jobs" section, see open positions and then post to social media sites. If I find who I think might be a qualified candidate can refer them inside of Workable by clicking "Refer a Candidate"
  • Prior to using Workable there was no way for me to easily provide input after interviewing a candidate and see what other interviewers had to say. Now I can quickly input my feedback, see other employees feedback.
  • I personally have a busy schedule that includes travel so it was nice to quickly access a candidate prior to an interview, see their resume and where they are in the interview process. Our HR team loves the Google calendar integration so they can check my schedule and get something set up when I'm going to actually be in the office and available.
  • It would be nice able to post open positions directly to social media from the Jobs page.
As someone who is not directly involved in hiring day to day Workable fits my needs perfectly. It lets me see new candidates for jobs that I have been assigned to. My input is asked for on jobs related specifically to my expertise. Once a candidate begins the interview process I can track them through the process and provide input. I have not found any scenarios where Workable does is not well suited for my needs.
Read Dustin McBride's full review
Sarah Wheatley profile photo
September 12, 2018

Review: "Workable is a lesser known ATS but has a lot to offer"

• Very customizable. We can set up unique interview stages specific to each requisition. Also, we highly utilize the integration with Zapier to automate and customize the ATS to follow our hiring process, vs forcing our hiring process to fit the ATS.
  • Innovative company adding new features all the time. We love the numerous integrations they offer and are excited to start using the HelloSign feature to simplify our offer letter approval process.
  • Love being able to bulk message candidates and bulk disposition candidates. We don't always handle candidates profile by profile so this is a must. Believe it or not, not all ATS systems allow you to do this.
  • Workable has a fabulous help center full of great articles. They have already created tons of great content that we like to share to help us train hiring mangaers on best practices. Usually you wouldn't think have a great help center is that important but it ends up being very helpful!
  • Love that Workable automatically publishes jobs to free job boards, and the premium job postings are one-click and done! This saves us so much time.
  • Submitting employee referrals isn't the easiest. I wish Workable had a more seamless process for this within the ATS. Employees aren't able to track where their referrals are at in the process and are required to use the people search tool to submit referrals rather than referring someone from say LinkedIn or Facebook.
  • Doesn't have a built-in requisition approval process. Users can collaborate on job descriptions, but there isn't an approval process you can use and it is difficult to tie a job to a requisition.
  • While we use the Zapier integration to help automate a lot of our actions, Workable could be better at building in its own automation. For example, currently, there are several clicks to disposition candidates. Instead, Workable could tie a disposition email to specific disposition reasons, so when you select that disposition reason the candidate automatically gets an email with that pre-selected message.
Workable is well suited for a small recruiting team with 200 - 500 employees. Workable may not be as suitable for an Enterprise size company hiring thousands of people. They are GDPR compliant and are coming out with great new features all the time. We love how customizable it is so that we can adapt the ATS to our hiring process, and not have to adapt our hiring process to match an ATS. While it is customizable, it is easy to build out and manage on your own. You don't need an administrator to put together a workflow in this ATS.
Read Sarah Wheatley's full review
Maryann Merolla profile photo
September 10, 2018

Workable Review: "Time Saver"

• It's easy to add co-workers to Workable, and since it's very user-friendly, they are able to use it without any training. We can share comments, evaluations, and scheduling right in each candidate's profile. I can customize the process based on co-workers' needs: for example, one hiring manager asked me to add a "Maybe" category so he could easily review candidates that he was not sure about.
  • Job postings can be saved and reused. Pre-screening questions are easy to add and change. I can post to numerous free job boards with just one click. It's also easy to post to premium boards.
  • Workable is integrated with my email and my calendar, which is a huge time saver.
  • Customer service is excellent. Fast response, patient with my many questions, knowledgeable.
  • I would like to have a "keyword search" function right in the candidate's resume.
Workable has been a life saver for me, whether I am recruiting for one job or ten. Having everything - resume, cover letter, screening questions, emails, comments - all organized and easily accessible is invaluable.
Read Maryann Merolla's full review
Nicola Young profile photo
August 30, 2018

Workable Review: "Great product have recommended and implemented into other small to medium businesses"

• It is intuitive and easy for users to use.
  • It is easy to collaborate and add comments.
  • The tag's allow for quick notes, pipeline and creating different ways to identify candidates for future opportunities.
  • Flexible in how the dashboard is set up and you can change it easily to suit your needs.
  • The ability to set up messages to send in the future would be a nice feature to have.
  • The brief questions that are asked in the application process - it would be nice to have these plus contact details at the top rather having to scroll down as they are the first thing I look at to decide if we will progress.
Very well suited to small to medium business as it's easy to set up, intuitive, cost-effective, and has just about all the features you need. For multiple recruiters and complex reporting, it probably is not as suitable.
Read Nicola Young's full review
Samantha Pacheco profile photo
August 30, 2018

User Review: "Workable has worked for us!"

We are using Workable for our recruiting process, from job posting through offer letter. I manage it within HR, but our managers are responsible for reviewing candidates and providing feedback. It has helped us provide a centralized place for all recruiting information and candidate tracking.
  • Easy to use and move from each step in the recruitment process.
  • The integration with the free postings.
  • The ability to add evaluations and assessments.
  • It would be nice to see more editing capabilities around the job posting layout.
If you need an all-in-one Applicant Tracking System, Workable will do the trick. We have been pleased with the ease of use for all of our users.
Read Samantha Pacheco's full review
Deb MacRae profile photo
August 28, 2018

Workable Review: "Hiring? This tool has saved our hiring team time and money."

As a growing marketing company, we have used Workable extensively to coordinate our hiring efforts among our team. Currently, there are 3 of us involved in the hiring process and it allows us to share information, our personal reviews of the applicants and move them along our process with ease.
  • Workable keeps us organized in the process. It allows us to easily house all information in one place for easy reference.
  • It provides us with templates, support, and ideas to improve our internal process. The templates simplify the communication between our team and the candidates.
  • The ability to source people and move candidates to different job openings increases our ability to fill positions.
  • Search functions in people search are not always accurate, specifically when looking in a particular geographic area.
This is a great place to start when working out job descriptions, advertising them, and tracking applicants. For recruiting, I am not sure if this has the best features.
Read Deb MacRae's full review
Annie Talbot, SHRM-CP profile photo
August 28, 2018

Review: "Workable - Great option for a great price!"

Our company uses workable for both sourcing candidates, job postings and, an applicant tracking system. We currently have 3 departments using it but we actually just upgraded so that we can have our entire company use the system. It has really helped us streamline the hiring process and reduce communication issues between the hiring managers and HR.
  • It is very simple to use. We have trained several managers on it and each of them have found it to be helpful and simple.
  • You cannot beat the price and value. For what Workable is, it is an awesome tool at a fantastic price.
  • The customer service is great! Any time that we need help, have a question or need a concern addressed our representative is right there willing to help.
  • I really cannot think of anything. For a medium-sized company like ours, it is great!
Workable is a great program if you are a medium-sized company looking for an effective, easy-to-use program that can be used across all hiring managers. If you are a larger company, it might not fit your build but we have been very happy with our use of it over the last two years!
Read Annie Talbot, SHRM-CP's full review
Jared Henderson profile photo
September 03, 2018

User Review: "Workable Vibes at the New VibeHCM"

Only used by three workers within the Company (2 Corporate Recruiters, and One HR Manager, Truly only 2 users, the Recruiters.) Addressed the following

1. Applicant Tracking 2016-2017
  2. Keyword Recruiting searches 2016-2017 "boolean string tools"
  3. Pre Hire Screened Questions ("Local to D/FW, Yes or No, Do you have 3 years of XYZ")
  • User feel - Very easy to sort through applicants by position, also time relevant of when applied
  • Very easy to post positions that sync up to other of our platforms such as Indeed, and LinkedIn.
  • Parsing resumes and other attachments within a candidate's profile. It was accomplished but can be easier.
Well suited for Development & Technical Positions, ones that require 3-4 screener questions. We loved the Yes/No or Multiple choice feel of the system.
Read Jared Henderson's full review
Casey Crowe profile photo
August 29, 2018

User Review: "Can't See Ever Leaving Workable!"

Our hiring team uses Workable to manage applicants and move them through our defined hiring process stages. We also use Workable to house our candidates that had previously previously applied for open positions and reach out to them if a relevant new position becomes available. We're able to house and collaborate on hundreds of notes on candidates to make the best hiring decisions for our company.
  • Easy to use by any member of the hiring team.
  • Define and move candidates through stages.
  • Syncing with Gmail to send emails and schedule interviews.
  • The people search function doesn't stay within the geographic scope set
  • I usually forget where important items are like being able to edit templates and hiring stages. Quick links could be helpful.
  • It would be neat to see how your ads are performing in reference to your paid ad listings.
I would use Workable for any hiring process or hiring decision.
Read Casey Crowe's full review
Abby Mathews profile photo
August 29, 2018

User Review: "We love Workable"

At HireVue, we use Workable across our entire organization as our Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Workable is where our team refers candidates and a place for hiring managers to manage their hiring process.
  • Workable integrates well with Zapier to create automatic recruiting workflows.
  • Workable is easy to use for hiring managers who are hiring for multiple roles.
  • Workable pairs nicely with LinkedIn.
  • Workable could be more mobile friendly.
  • Workable could have a better candidate referral process.
Workable is well suited for teams under 500 people. Workable is less suited for large enterprise companies.
Read Abby Mathews's full review
August 29, 2018

Workable Review: "Great for smaller companies, lighter level of features but works just great!"

We used Workable as our applicant tracking system. We would post to several job sites, manage applicant flow, schedule interviews, send job offers and background checks. Workable consolidated our records so that everyone involved in recruiting had a a central source of information. We were able to handle all our different jobs/offers/candidates within the system.
  • Workable was extremely user friendly and aesthetically pleasing to use. I had no trouble training or setting up new users, they always caught on quickly.
  • You are able to quickly review candidates at a glance with all notes, texts or emails sent at the top of their profile. This made jumping into a job order easy for those who may be out of the loop.
  • Workable's customer support is stellar, they offer free training and very timely responses for any questions or concerns you may have.
  • The ability to schedule interviews via Workable was great, but it was unable to pull other items from your calendar, so it was easy to end up double booked for appointments if you weren't careful.
  • The reporting leaves a bit to be desired, there is not a lot of customization for what I really needed reports on.
Workable is perfect for small to medium recruiting teams with less than 50 open positions. My team had around 5 or so people involved in the hiring process, and we were able to communicate easily and understand what had taken place. However, if you are not diligent at note taking or updating information, Workable will quickly leave you in the dust. Without proper notation on your part, Workable cannot track everything automatically.
September 20, 2018

Workable Review: "It is exactly a Human Resources choice"

We were attempting to take care of the issues that join physically following hopefuls through spreadsheets and shared drives. We are a quick development start up and required something that could scale with us.

We've extensively chopped down the time our HR staff spends on employing, and found an answer that rapidly and effectively connects to the ideal individuals at the correct time simultaneously. I've likewise lost a little weight amid the procedure however that may very well be because of better dietary patterns and expanded movement

• It's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors.
  • Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.
  • General usability and intuitive usage
  • Ability to tag and search tags is helpful
  • The fact that emails are linked so that full interactions are logged is helpful
  • The route from the home screen isn't generally instinctive. In any case, once you become acclimated to it, it is anything but a major ordeal.
  • When printing resumes, enable them to keep up their unique arranging presented by the competitor
  • Coordinate an element like Assistant.to for booking with the goal that I can give applicants a few diverse schedule openings to look over that consequently match up to my timetable
Not only valuable as a stage for distributing work specs and accepting applications through one, unmistakable to-all road; but also valuable because of the unexpected advantage of viably institutionalizing the procuring procedure. It is a successful logging device, and works for re-targeting old competitors and giving key information (for example, number of unsuccessful candidates,) to incite organizations to enhance/alter a vocation spec or be more sensible about the applicant they're searching for.
May 25, 2018

Review: "Streamline Your Hiring with Ease with Workable!"

We use Workable to manage the hiring processes and candidate pipelines for all our clients. It's an easy way for everyone to see where candidates are in the pipeline and any notes or updates we have on them in real-time. It also tracks our emails between candidates, making our work as transparent as possible - and making it easier for team members to pick up where another one has left off.
  • Pipeline layout - I can see the whole pipeline easily from a bird's eye view and glean a ton of information with a glance. Not enough finalists? Too many candidates for a specific role still waiting to be scheduled with clients? It helps us prioritize our work in a pinch and pivot as necessary.
  • Email integration - I use Workable with Gmail (business), so whenever I'm away from my desk I can easily keep up to date on communications with candidates. Workable's email tracking feature also enables me to follow a chain of emails between candidates, clients, and other colleagues to stay up to date as needed - right in my own inbox!
  • Transparency - I can see when clients have added notes, when a colleague has reached out to a candidate, when a candidate responded at any time. No need to follow up unnecessarily with people to see if they sent an email yet or heard back from someone - I can see it myself and act accordingly!
  • Candidate timeline history - you could say it's a double-edged sword. I love that I can follow how a candidate has progressed through the process and see all the notes, correspondence, and stage updates on one page, but it's also too much information sometimes. I wish there was a way that I could just filter it to see email history, for example.
  • Workable going to spam - if you or your client select the option that "hides" your email address in Workable email correspondence, sometimes candidate emails go straight to candidate's spam folders. I try to warn clients and candidates ahead of time about this, but it would be great if it didn't happen at all!
  • People Search - it's a great tool when it works, but oftentimes it brings up candidate search details that are no longer valid or true (out of date resumes, closed email accounts).
I think Workable is great for small teams who need a nimble but effective applicant tracking system. Transparent, easy to use, wide range of pricing options so that you're never overspending on a specific role. I do wonder if it works just as well for a company at the enterprise level with many more stakeholders involved in a role - hard for me to say because I've never used it in that capacity.
August 28, 2018

Review: "Workable is the best for startups: good price, organized, lets you post and discover & recruit"

We used Workable to both find and usher candidates through our hiring pipeline. We are a small (under 10 people) startup, looking for specific engineers. Previously we had been using spreadsheets, which was getting messy and tedious. I read reviews of about 10 different ATSs, and Workable seemed like the best bang for our buck. My favorite part about Workable is the initial process: other Applicant Tracking Systems had you fill out a form, block time out of your schedule, do a demo with a salesperson...the whole process would take days. I wanted an ATS at the speed of startups: now. I went onto Workable's website and they simply handed me some keys to a demo, and I showed myself in. Within 5 minutes I could have taught someone how to use it. Within 15 minutes I purchased it. It was so intuitive. The fact that they don't insist you talk to a salesperson, and let the product speak for itself, is really what stands out for me. This is why I would recommend Workable, above all things.
  • Chrome extension to find candidate info (although full use of this feature nearly doubles the price of the monthly subscription, fair warning)
  • Organizing candidates through a pipeline, so you know where each person stands
  • Letting co-workers share thoughts in a private chat about the candidate
  • Super easy to learn the interface-- easiest of probably any ATS I've seen.
  • Lets you post on major job boards for free, using one form (included with the monthly fee), and double checks your work to make sure it's posted correctly
  • Lets you easily sift through candidates from job boards
  • Chrome extension (to find candidate info) works only about 80% of the time
  • Chrome extension nearly doubles the cost, they don't tell you that ahead of time
  • They are a new company, and it shows: features are changing a lot, but, their customer service is also extremely responsive and actually hears your feedback
-If you are in charge of hiring, but your team is hesitant to get "yet another new software" into the building (it's easy for them to learn!)
-If you don't have a search tool, but want something that connects seamlessly into your pipeline
-If you really need a pipeline to keep track of candidates
-If you want something that lets you manually important candidates via resume, or filling out fields yourself, as well as pulling them from online searches.
-If you need something TODAY, you don't want to talk to a salesperson, and you want something good.
-You want a place to post on job boards for free, and sift through those candidates quickly and correctly, but you are primarily interested in recruiting your talent yourself
August 28, 2018

Workable Review: "Best bang for your buck!"

We started using Workable when I first realized that there wasn't an applicant tracking system in place. We needed something that would be user-friendly that way we could train our supervisors to really utilize the program. It isn't the fanciest but it gets the job done and their customer service department is great!
  • It is user-friendly and it can be tailored around each specific position you need.
  • It allows you the opportunity to chose which job boards you want your position posted on.
  • The software is priced well.
  • I would like to see more options for integrations with job campaigns on Indeed.
  • If there was an opportunity to create some sort of reminder or follow-up option, it would help us a ton!
If is someone is looking for a great starting place, Workable is it! I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is looking for a super advanced ATS, but if they are struggling to get users up to speed, then this program won't overwhelm them and allow them to really utilize what is available.
August 27, 2018

Review: "Workable is Affordable, Simple, and Sleek"

I used Workable to recruit for the human capital management software organization where I was working. The company did not have an ATS before I joined. After looking around, we chose Workable because it was affordable, easy to use, and covered all of the areas we needed.
  • Workable makes it easy to track candidates through the recruiting process. It can be customized for the number of stages a company has to hire someone, from initial interview to final offer.
  • It is easy to share job postings on Workable across various recruiting platforms.
  • The Workable dashboard is very user friendly. It is simple to get started effectively and get jobs posted right away.
  • Workable is very affordable.
  • It would be nice if Workable had an on-boarding function, where it could still be used after the offer is accepted and the background check complete.
Workable is well suited for a company that has a smaller recruiting team and a team that wants to start using an ATS immediately. It is easy to use and covered every aspect of the recruiting process for me. It does so much for a great price.
August 28, 2018

Workable Review: "Best of breed ATS that is constantly getting better!"

Workable is used by our Talent Acquisition team as an Applicant Tracking System. Our entire organization uses it to track the hiring of new employees. Workable allows us to see candidate flow in a simple way to be able to screen and process large numbers of candidates through the hiring process.
  • Automation
  • Candidate flow
  • Job posting
  • Candidate Sourcing
  • Integrations
  • Requisition Approval and Management
Well suited for Talent Acquisition teams that want a simple, powerful interface.
May not be suited for a large enterprise with tens of thousands of requisitions, but is improving in this regard.
August 27, 2018

Workable Review: "Great for Big Companies!"

My whole org. used Workable and it was really helpful. It makes hiring new people so much easier. I think any HR department would greatly benefit from a software program like this. I would recommend it. I especially liked the scorecards and recruiting reports. Also, the career pages are pretty cool, too.
  • You can make beautiful, easy career landing pages. I haven't seen another program that does this. It's nice not having to go through IT to manage these pages
  • It's great to be able to work remotely. The whole team can access it.
  • The dashboard is really user friendly and intuitive.
  • I wish the people search had more advanced options
  • It's expensive
It's great for a big organization/company. It's less useful for a small org.
Erin Holm profile photo
February 22, 2018

User Review: "Workable Works!"

We use Workable for all of our recruitment needs as our applicant tracking system of choice. About 20 members of our organization, across various departments, have access. We hire on a fairly consistent basis, and Workable helps us keep track of candidates, interviews, evaluations, and reporting. We have it integrated with our company careers page, as well as our company Facebook. As the recruitment coordinator, I use it daily to ensure candidates are coming in, and moving through the process efficiently. Workable is user-friend, so makes this an easy process, even for those who don't use it on a regular basis.

We've also seen value from the various job boards Workable connects us with for free. Many of our candidates come from the free Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn pages, which Workable connects with. This makes posting jobs in multiple places very easy.
  • Visibility - Workable presents your open jobs in a very prominent manner, and makes it easy to see how many candidates are in each stage.
  • Connectivity - Hiring mangers/users of Workable are informed when emails are sent from candidates, and correspondence is stored within the platform. Prior to using Workable, we were having trouble keeping track of messaging going between the recruitment coordinator, hiring managers, and candidates. Although it's not 100% accurate, it has helped with this issue.
  • Reporting - We appreciate the reporting tools Workable has within its platform. We're able to see how we're doing with our hiring, and where we can make improvements, simply by running a report. This is a fairly easy, and user-friendly setting, as well.
  • Support - Workable has recently added a chat feature to their support, which has been incredibly helpful. Previously, you had to send in a request, and it took a bit to get responses. However, now asking a few questions is very easy.
  • Resources - Thankfully, this platform is more than just an ATS. Workable's blog, templates, and training information, among other things, are very helpful. If you have employees who are new to interviewing, there are interview kits within the ATS you can provide. They also have great suggestions when it comes to reviewing your interview process. I've recently been accessing this information, and am thankful I found it!
  • Although Workable is user-friendly, there are times where I find the platform to not be particularly intuitive. There's been several times I've asked a support person how to access what I think is a fairly common-sense feature, and they've said 'we actually don't have that, but that's a great idea! We'll pass that along to our product support team'. An example is the Talent Pool - you would think candidates that apply for a role, but aren't actually a fit could be put in your talent pool, almost like a holding place. Nope - not an option. They have to submit their information through another portal. This, among other features, gives me the impression that actual recruiters/HR professionals were NOT consulting when adding new features/creating the ATS. There's a lot of potential here, but it doesn't seem that anyone actually using the platform was consulted when designing new features.
  • The People Search function seems to be an after thought, and not particularly helpful. This could be that not enough people are in Workable's pool, but I've yet to find it useful.
  • Although Workable will post your jobs to other job boards (Indeed, Glassdoor, etc), it does not communicate with those boards, and you as the use have no access to what's being shown on those boards. I recently had an issue with a role on a board, and had to contact support. I was told I'd have to utilize my Glassdoor account to fix the issue. The problem - I don't have one! My only contact with Glassdoor is via Workable. There has to be a better way for the two to communicate.
  • Features can often be buried within the platform. There have been times where it's difficult to find certain things. Your jobs page is your home screen, which is helpful, but finding items not on that page can often feel like a treasure hunt.
Although I have mentioned some flaws with the features within Workable, overall, I find it to be a helpful tool. It's a great way to house all of your candidates, and keep the interview process moving forward. Because we have various hiring managers using the platform at different times, it's nice that it is user-friendly. Some use it more often than not, so the fact that it isn't over complicated is helpful.

Also, with the integration options that are available, it does a nice job of connecting our various resources outside of Workable. It is rather all-encompassing.

My suggestion would be to think through the features that are being added a bit more. There have been multiple times where I have asked support people about a feature, and they've said 'unfortunately, it doesn't do that. We'll pass that along!'. These are not outlandish requests. They are what most professionals utilizing this system would want/need.
Read Erin Holm's full review
Brad Price profile photo
August 23, 2017

User Review: "The Workability of Workable"

Workable is managed within the HR department. I have created accounts for key players in our development, marketing and sales teams, as well as for our executives. This allows me to collaborate with relevant team members when hiring for a particular role. This is our primary ATS platform, and we use it for the purpose of moving applicants through our hiring process. We also spend a great deal of time interacting with the pipeline as a whole. We just last week hired someone we'd last interviewed 6 months ago. We use the tag feature to tag applicants that are not suitable at the time we speak to them for any number of reasons, but that strike us as good options for the future. This last week was a perfect example of that paying off. Using a platform like Workable has helped us streamline this process really well.
  • Custom email templates: much of the time, you send the same or similar communications throughout the hiring process. Having these templates which you can edit, or send in bulk, really makes the process of communicating the same thing to many applicants is fantastic.
  • Tag an applicant: this allows you to tag someone with any word you choose, like "future" or "sales". When you are looking for someone in sales and want to look back on previous applicants that you liked at the time, you can search for "future + sales" and find them easily. This is exceptional to help you avoid wading through 1000's of applicants you weren't particularly interested in.
  • Moving candidates from stage to stage: the process of moving candidates to different stages of the hiring process is easy, whether you're doing it one at a time or in bulk. This is a great time saver.
  • Integrations: I'd like to see a few more integrations with other HR platforms. Workable seems limited in this regard.
  • Archiving a job: most things in Workable are easy, but finding a way to archive jobs was surprisingly difficult. Once you've found it, it's easy, but it struck me as odd that it was so difficult to find in the first place.
  • Re-order job listings: I'd love to be able to reorder the listings as they appear on the backend, without being forced into alphabetical order. You can favorite a listing and bring it to the top, but if you favorite more than one, you're once again limited to another subset of alphabetical order.
Workable is really well suited to collaborating with team members during the hiring process. It makes this really easy, efficient and effective. It's easy to add new users, for users to look through the applicant history, to ask questions, tag other users, leave comments, etc. Other members can also read interview templates and see what the interviews to date have yielded. Workable doesn't seem to have a lot going for it in terms of sourcing candidates. It seems limited, primarily, toward managing inbound applicants. I'd like to see more outreach.
Read Brad Price's full review
Colleen Clark profile photo
September 01, 2017

Review: "Workable - could be called MiracleWorkable!"

Workable recently became our solution of choice for our company and our non-profit foundation.
Immediately, we experienced more clarity, consistency, alignment and confidence.
It's important to us that every candidate feels part of our community. Workable assures us that every candidate is visible, regardless of how they found us.

I love how easy it is for hiring managers to learn how to put their interview toolkit together, connecting our cultural values with job-specific questions.
  • Candidates get real-time communication! We schedule our interviews through the candidate portal. Customized communication templates help us tailor our responses at every stage of the process. It's so cool to be able to send a different message to people tagged as "friends" or "keep for other role". Easy to sort when you're responding to a group.
  • Hiring managers are learning quickly and using company "approved" questions. All of us are learning from each other because we see the entire communication thread in one window.
  • We LOVE having everything about the candidate in one neat place. Everything! How we found them, social profiles, screening questions, comments, whether they know somebody at the company, resume, contact info, interview history... seriously, in one window.
  • TONS. OF. TIME.
  • The navigation from the home screen is not really intuitive. But once you get used to it, it's not a big deal.
  • It's such a huge improvement, it's hard to find anything to improve.
Workable should be called MiracleWorkable. We absolutely love it.

The only scenario that may not work is when you're conducting a "silent search" and don't want to share the info with other admins.
Read Colleen Clark's full review
Amanda Ludwig profile photo
August 22, 2017

User Review: "Workable workability"

We use Workable for hiring employees - full time, seasonal, and interns. It is used across the company in all of our different departments. Each user that does hiring has a specific log in where they are able to view candidates for the job listing that they posted. So in my particular department, I can view one job listing, and my coworker can view a different if we are each hiring.
  • Very good work flow. It is good for moving people as you progress along the hiring process.
  • Automatically moves disqualified candidates out of the running, which is also nice.
  • Great communication features and pre-made responses.
  • I wish that once you closed the job listing, Workable would automatically send a denial email to anyone who didn't get the position.
  • Wish there was as-you-go training.
  • When I log in, I can see my whole company's job listings. Wish it was narrowed down to just mine.
Workable is great for hiring interns, as I use it. We don't have a huge flow of traffic coming through applying, but enough that the organizational level is highly appreciated. I also really like the automatic "disqualified" feature since this position needs to receive college credit and a lot of people who apply won't be receiving it. I have never used it with a higher trafficked position, but I can imagine that people would get lost in the submission process with how it is set up.
Read Amanda Ludwig's full review

Job Requisition Management (19)
Company Website Posting (20)
Publish to Social Media (18)
Job Search Site Posting (21)
Customized Application Form (21)
Resume Management (22)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (20)
Candidate Search (22)
Applicant Tracking (22)
Collaboration (22)
Task Creation and Delegation (16)
Email Templates (20)
User Permissions (21)
Notifications and Alerts (21)
Reporting (18)

About Workable

Workable is a cloud-based ATS developed by Workable in Boston, MA.This product offers the full suite of features typical of applicant tracking systems, emphasizing a warm, user-friendly interface and mobile accessibility. Standard features include batch or mass communication with potential candidates via multiple channels such as email or by leveraging its integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn) and commonly used applications (e.g. Outlook, Google Apps), instantaneous posting to multiple job boards, the ability to design a customizable and mobile friendly career page, resume parsing, and tracking reporting.This relatively straightforward platform is meant for use by companies of any size and is sold at five levels depending only on the number of simultaneous job postings, including the inexpensive Starter and Lite options, the middle ground Standard option, and the heavier Professional and Enterprise options.