Reviews (1-24 of 24)
- My company is a relatively small startup and we love to maximize each employees social media reach to help find high quality candidates. I can easily go into the "Jobs" section, see open positions and then post to social media sites. If I find who I think might be a qualified candidate can refer them inside of Workable by clicking "Refer a Candidate"
- Prior to using Workable there was no way for me to easily provide input after interviewing a candidate and see what other interviewers had to say. Now I can quickly input my feedback, see other employees feedback.
- I personally have a busy schedule that includes travel so it was nice to quickly access a candidate prior to an interview, see their resume and where they are in the interview process. Our HR team loves the Google calendar integration so they can check my schedule and get something set up when I'm going to actually be in the office and available.
- It would be nice able to post open positions directly to social media from the Jobs page.
- Very customizable. We can set up unique interview stages specific to each requisition. Also, we highly utilize the integration with Zapier to automate and customize the ATS to follow our hiring process, vs forcing our hiring process to fit the ATS.
- Innovative company adding new features all the time. We love the numerous integrations they offer and are excited to start using the HelloSign feature to simplify our offer letter approval process.
- Love being able to bulk message candidates and bulk disposition candidates. We don't always handle candidates profile by profile so this is a must. Believe it or not, not all ATS systems allow you to do this.
- Workable has a fabulous help center full of great articles. They have already created tons of great content that we like to share to help us train hiring mangaers on best practices. Usually you wouldn't think have a great help center is that important but it ends up being very helpful!
- Love that Workable automatically publishes jobs to free job boards, and the premium job postings are one-click and done! This saves us so much time.
- Submitting employee referrals isn't the easiest. I wish Workable had a more seamless process for this within the ATS. Employees aren't able to track where their referrals are at in the process and are required to use the people search tool to submit referrals rather than referring someone from say LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Doesn't have a built-in requisition approval process. Users can collaborate on job descriptions, but there isn't an approval process you can use and it is difficult to tie a job to a requisition.
- While we use the Zapier integration to help automate a lot of our actions, Workable could be better at building in its own automation. For example, currently, there are several clicks to disposition candidates. Instead, Workable could tie a disposition email to specific disposition reasons, so when you select that disposition reason the candidate automatically gets an email with that pre-selected message.
- It's easy to add co-workers to Workable, and since it's very user-friendly, they are able to use it without any training. We can share comments, evaluations, and scheduling right in each candidate's profile. I can customize the process based on co-workers' needs: for example, one hiring manager asked me to add a "Maybe" category so he could easily review candidates that he was not sure about.
- Job postings can be saved and reused. Pre-screening questions are easy to add and change. I can post to numerous free job boards with just one click. It's also easy to post to premium boards.
- Workable is integrated with my email and my calendar, which is a huge time saver.
- Customer service is excellent. Fast response, patient with my many questions, knowledgeable.
- I would like to have a "keyword search" function right in the candidate's resume.
- It is intuitive and easy for users to use.
- It is easy to collaborate and add comments.
- The tag's allow for quick notes, pipeline and creating different ways to identify candidates for future opportunities.
- Flexible in how the dashboard is set up and you can change it easily to suit your needs.
- The ability to set up messages to send in the future would be a nice feature to have.
- The brief questions that are asked in the application process - it would be nice to have these plus contact details at the top rather having to scroll down as they are the first thing I look at to decide if we will progress.
- Easy to use and move from each step in the recruitment process.
- The integration with the free postings.
- The ability to add evaluations and assessments.
- It would be nice to see more editing capabilities around the job posting layout.
- Workable keeps us organized in the process. It allows us to easily house all information in one place for easy reference.
- It provides us with templates, support, and ideas to improve our internal process. The templates simplify the communication between our team and the candidates.
- The ability to source people and move candidates to different job openings increases our ability to fill positions.
- Search functions in people search are not always accurate, specifically when looking in a particular geographic area.
- It is very simple to use. We have trained several managers on it and each of them have found it to be helpful and simple.
- You cannot beat the price and value. For what Workable is, it is an awesome tool at a fantastic price.
- The customer service is great! Any time that we need help, have a question or need a concern addressed our representative is right there willing to help.
- I really cannot think of anything. For a medium-sized company like ours, it is great!
- Applicant Tracking 2016-2017
- Keyword Recruiting searches 2016-2017 "boolean string tools"
- Pre Hire Screened Questions ("Local to D/FW, Yes or No, Do you have 3 years of XYZ")
- User feel - Very easy to sort through applicants by position, also time relevant of when applied
- Very easy to post positions that sync up to other of our platforms such as Indeed, and LinkedIn.
- Parsing resumes and other attachments within a candidate's profile. It was accomplished but can be easier.
- Easy to use by any member of the hiring team.
- Define and move candidates through stages.
- Syncing with Gmail to send emails and schedule interviews.
- The people search function doesn't stay within the geographic scope set
- I usually forget where important items are like being able to edit templates and hiring stages. Quick links could be helpful.
- It would be neat to see how your ads are performing in reference to your paid ad listings.
- Workable integrates well with Zapier to create automatic recruiting workflows.
- Workable is easy to use for hiring managers who are hiring for multiple roles.
- Workable pairs nicely with LinkedIn.
- Workable could be more mobile friendly.
- Workable could have a better candidate referral process.
- Workable was extremely user friendly and aesthetically pleasing to use. I had no trouble training or setting up new users, they always caught on quickly.
- You are able to quickly review candidates at a glance with all notes, texts or emails sent at the top of their profile. This made jumping into a job order easy for those who may be out of the loop.
- Workable's customer support is stellar, they offer free training and very timely responses for any questions or concerns you may have.
- The ability to schedule interviews via Workable was great, but it was unable to pull other items from your calendar, so it was easy to end up double booked for appointments if you weren't careful.
- The reporting leaves a bit to be desired, there is not a lot of customization for what I really needed reports on.
- It's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors.
- Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.
- General usability and intuitive usage
- Ability to tag and search tags is helpful
- The fact that emails are linked so that full interactions are logged is helpful
- The route from the home screen isn't generally instinctive. In any case, once you become acclimated to it, it is anything but a major ordeal.
- When printing resumes, enable them to keep up their unique arranging presented by the competitor
- Coordinate an element like Assistant.to for booking with the goal that I can give applicants a few diverse schedule openings to look over that consequently match up to my timetable
- Pipeline layout - I can see the whole pipeline easily from a bird's eye view and glean a ton of information with a glance. Not enough finalists? Too many candidates for a specific role still waiting to be scheduled with clients? It helps us prioritize our work in a pinch and pivot as necessary.
- Email integration - I use Workable with Gmail (business), so whenever I'm away from my desk I can easily keep up to date on communications with candidates. Workable's email tracking feature also enables me to follow a chain of emails between candidates, clients, and other colleagues to stay up to date as needed - right in my own inbox!
- Transparency - I can see when clients have added notes, when a colleague has reached out to a candidate, when a candidate responded at any time. No need to follow up unnecessarily with people to see if they sent an email yet or heard back from someone - I can see it myself and act accordingly!
- Candidate timeline history - you could say it's a double-edged sword. I love that I can follow how a candidate has progressed through the process and see all the notes, correspondence, and stage updates on one page, but it's also too much information sometimes. I wish there was a way that I could just filter it to see email history, for example.
- Workable going to spam - if you or your client select the option that "hides" your email address in Workable email correspondence, sometimes candidate emails go straight to candidate's spam folders. I try to warn clients and candidates ahead of time about this, but it would be great if it didn't happen at all!
- People Search - it's a great tool when it works, but oftentimes it brings up candidate search details that are no longer valid or true (out of date resumes, closed email accounts).
- Chrome extension to find candidate info (although full use of this feature nearly doubles the price of the monthly subscription, fair warning)
- Organizing candidates through a pipeline, so you know where each person stands
- Letting co-workers share thoughts in a private chat about the candidate
- Super easy to learn the interface-- easiest of probably any ATS I've seen.
- Lets you post on major job boards for free, using one form (included with the monthly fee), and double checks your work to make sure it's posted correctly
- Lets you easily sift through candidates from job boards
- Chrome extension (to find candidate info) works only about 80% of the time
- Chrome extension nearly doubles the cost, they don't tell you that ahead of time
- They are a new company, and it shows: features are changing a lot, but, their customer service is also extremely responsive and actually hears your feedback
-If you don't have a search tool, but want something that connects seamlessly into your pipeline
-If you really need a pipeline to keep track of candidates
-If you want something that lets you manually important candidates via resume, or filling out fields yourself, as well as pulling them from online searches.
-If you need something TODAY, you don't want to talk to a salesperson, and you want something good.
-You want a place to post on job boards for free, and sift through those candidates quickly and correctly, but you are primarily interested in recruiting your talent yourself
- It is user-friendly and it can be tailored around each specific position you need.
- It allows you the opportunity to chose which job boards you want your position posted on.
- The software is priced well.
- I would like to see more options for integrations with job campaigns on Indeed.
- If there was an opportunity to create some sort of reminder or follow-up option, it would help us a ton!
- Workable makes it easy to track candidates through the recruiting process. It can be customized for the number of stages a company has to hire someone, from initial interview to final offer.
- It is easy to share job postings on Workable across various recruiting platforms.
- The Workable dashboard is very user friendly. It is simple to get started effectively and get jobs posted right away.
- Workable is very affordable.
- It would be nice if Workable had an on-boarding function, where it could still be used after the offer is accepted and the background check complete.
May not be suited for a large enterprise with tens of thousands of requisitions, but is improving in this regard.
- You can make beautiful, easy career landing pages. I haven't seen another program that does this. It's nice not having to go through IT to manage these pages
- It's great to be able to work remotely. The whole team can access it.
- The dashboard is really user friendly and intuitive.
- I wish the people search had more advanced options
- It's expensive
We've also seen value from the various job boards Workable connects us with for free. Many of our candidates come from the free Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn pages, which Workable connects with. This makes posting jobs in multiple places very easy.
- Visibility - Workable presents your open jobs in a very prominent manner, and makes it easy to see how many candidates are in each stage.
- Connectivity - Hiring mangers/users of Workable are informed when emails are sent from candidates, and correspondence is stored within the platform. Prior to using Workable, we were having trouble keeping track of messaging going between the recruitment coordinator, hiring managers, and candidates. Although it's not 100% accurate, it has helped with this issue.
- Reporting - We appreciate the reporting tools Workable has within its platform. We're able to see how we're doing with our hiring, and where we can make improvements, simply by running a report. This is a fairly easy, and user-friendly setting, as well.
- Support - Workable has recently added a chat feature to their support, which has been incredibly helpful. Previously, you had to send in a request, and it took a bit to get responses. However, now asking a few questions is very easy.
- Resources - Thankfully, this platform is more than just an ATS. Workable's blog, templates, and training information, among other things, are very helpful. If you have employees who are new to interviewing, there are interview kits within the ATS you can provide. They also have great suggestions when it comes to reviewing your interview process. I've recently been accessing this information, and am thankful I found it!
- Although Workable is user-friendly, there are times where I find the platform to not be particularly intuitive. There's been several times I've asked a support person how to access what I think is a fairly common-sense feature, and they've said 'we actually don't have that, but that's a great idea! We'll pass that along to our product support team'. An example is the Talent Pool - you would think candidates that apply for a role, but aren't actually a fit could be put in your talent pool, almost like a holding place. Nope - not an option. They have to submit their information through another portal. This, among other features, gives me the impression that actual recruiters/HR professionals were NOT consulting when adding new features/creating the ATS. There's a lot of potential here, but it doesn't seem that anyone actually using the platform was consulted when designing new features.
- The People Search function seems to be an after thought, and not particularly helpful. This could be that not enough people are in Workable's pool, but I've yet to find it useful.
- Although Workable will post your jobs to other job boards (Indeed, Glassdoor, etc), it does not communicate with those boards, and you as the use have no access to what's being shown on those boards. I recently had an issue with a role on a board, and had to contact support. I was told I'd have to utilize my Glassdoor account to fix the issue. The problem - I don't have one! My only contact with Glassdoor is via Workable. There has to be a better way for the two to communicate.
- Features can often be buried within the platform. There have been times where it's difficult to find certain things. Your jobs page is your home screen, which is helpful, but finding items not on that page can often feel like a treasure hunt.
Also, with the integration options that are available, it does a nice job of connecting our various resources outside of Workable. It is rather all-encompassing.
My suggestion would be to think through the features that are being added a bit more. There have been multiple times where I have asked support people about a feature, and they've said 'unfortunately, it doesn't do that. We'll pass that along!'. These are not outlandish requests. They are what most professionals utilizing this system would want/need.
- Custom email templates: much of the time, you send the same or similar communications throughout the hiring process. Having these templates which you can edit, or send in bulk, really makes the process of communicating the same thing to many applicants is fantastic.
- Tag an applicant: this allows you to tag someone with any word you choose, like "future" or "sales". When you are looking for someone in sales and want to look back on previous applicants that you liked at the time, you can search for "future + sales" and find them easily. This is exceptional to help you avoid wading through 1000's of applicants you weren't particularly interested in.
- Moving candidates from stage to stage: the process of moving candidates to different stages of the hiring process is easy, whether you're doing it one at a time or in bulk. This is a great time saver.
- Integrations: I'd like to see a few more integrations with other HR platforms. Workable seems limited in this regard.
- Archiving a job: most things in Workable are easy, but finding a way to archive jobs was surprisingly difficult. Once you've found it, it's easy, but it struck me as odd that it was so difficult to find in the first place.
- Re-order job listings: I'd love to be able to reorder the listings as they appear on the backend, without being forced into alphabetical order. You can favorite a listing and bring it to the top, but if you favorite more than one, you're once again limited to another subset of alphabetical order.
Immediately, we experienced more clarity, consistency, alignment and confidence.
It's important to us that every candidate feels part of our community. Workable assures us that every candidate is visible, regardless of how they found us.
I love how easy it is for hiring managers to learn how to put their interview toolkit together, connecting our cultural values with job-specific questions.
- Candidates get real-time communication! We schedule our interviews through the candidate portal. Customized communication templates help us tailor our responses at every stage of the process. It's so cool to be able to send a different message to people tagged as "friends" or "keep for other role". Easy to sort when you're responding to a group.
- Hiring managers are learning quickly and using company "approved" questions. All of us are learning from each other because we see the entire communication thread in one window.
- We LOVE having everything about the candidate in one neat place. Everything! How we found them, social profiles, screening questions, comments, whether they know somebody at the company, resume, contact info, interview history... seriously, in one window.
- TONS. OF. TIME.
- The navigation from the home screen is not really intuitive. But once you get used to it, it's not a big deal.
- It's such a huge improvement, it's hard to find anything to improve.
The only scenario that may not work is when you're conducting a "silent search" and don't want to share the info with other admins.
- Very good work flow. It is good for moving people as you progress along the hiring process.
- Automatically moves disqualified candidates out of the running, which is also nice.
- Great communication features and pre-made responses.
- I wish that once you closed the job listing, Workable would automatically send a denial email to anyone who didn't get the position.
- Wish there was as-you-go training.
- When I log in, I can see my whole company's job listings. Wish it was narrowed down to just mine.
Workable Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Workable’s pricing is simple: What you pay is based on how many people you plan to hire. We have two packages. 1) Hire as needed - Access essential recruiting features, only when you need them. Billed monthly, it’s a flexible option priced perfectly for those with short-term or occasional hiring needs. 2) Hire at scale - Access our full suite of talent acquisition and applicant tracking features, including premium add-ons, to find and hire the people you need to grow, all year long.
Workable Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Workable Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|