Workable helps companies improve the quality and efficiency of their hiring by simplifying the most time-consuming task: browsing, screening and managing candidates.Workable Works!We use Workable for all of our recruitment needs as our applicant tracking system of choice. About 20 members of our organization, across various departments, have access. We hire on a fairly consistent basis, and Workable helps us keep track of candidates, interviews, evaluations, and reporting. We have it integrated with our company careers page, as well as our company Facebook. As the recruitment coordinator, I use it daily to ensure candidates are coming in, and moving through the process efficiently. Workable is user-friend, so makes this an easy process, even for those who don't use it on a regular basis. We've also seen value from the various job boards Workable connects us with for free. Many of our candidates come from the free Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn pages, which Workable connects with. This makes posting jobs in multiple places very easy.,Visibility - Workable presents your open jobs in a very prominent manner, and makes it easy to see how many candidates are in each stage. Connectivity - Hiring mangers/users of Workable are informed when emails are sent from candidates, and correspondence is stored within the platform. Prior to using Workable, we were having trouble keeping track of messaging going between the recruitment coordinator, hiring managers, and candidates. Although it's not 100% accurate, it has helped with this issue. Reporting - We appreciate the reporting tools Workable has within its platform. We're able to see how we're doing with our hiring, and where we can make improvements, simply by running a report. This is a fairly easy, and user-friendly setting, as well. Support - Workable has recently added a chat feature to their support, which has been incredibly helpful. Previously, you had to send in a request, and it took a bit to get responses. However, now asking a few questions is very easy. Resources - Thankfully, this platform is more than just an ATS. Workable's blog, templates, and training information, among other things, are very helpful. If you have employees who are new to interviewing, there are interview kits within the ATS you can provide. They also have great suggestions when it comes to reviewing your interview process. I've recently been accessing this information, and am thankful I found it!,Although Workable is user-friendly, there are times where I find the platform to not be particularly intuitive. There's been several times I've asked a support person how to access what I think is a fairly common-sense feature, and they've said 'we actually don't have that, but that's a great idea! We'll pass that along to our product support team'. An example is the Talent Pool - you would think candidates that apply for a role, but aren't actually a fit could be put in your talent pool, almost like a holding place. Nope - not an option. They have to submit their information through another portal. This, among other features, gives me the impression that actual recruiters/HR professionals were NOT consulting when adding new features/creating the ATS. There's a lot of potential here, but it doesn't seem that anyone actually using the platform was consulted when designing new features. The People Search function seems to be an after thought, and not particularly helpful. This could be that not enough people are in Workable's pool, but I've yet to find it useful. Although Workable will post your jobs to other job boards (Indeed, Glassdoor, etc), it does not communicate with those boards, and you as the use have no access to what's being shown on those boards. I recently had an issue with a role on a board, and had to contact support. I was told I'd have to utilize my Glassdoor account to fix the issue. The problem - I don't have one! My only contact with Glassdoor is via Workable. There has to be a better way for the two to communicate. Features can often be buried within the platform. There have been times where it's difficult to find certain things. Your jobs page is your home screen, which is helpful, but finding items not on that page can often feel like a treasure hunt.,7,Easier access to our candidate pool, and better management of applicants. Quicker turnaround for hiring - we are without employees in various for less time, which is great. Better communication with candidates, and easier to keep track of the communication. This has allowed for fewer candidates to get 'lost in the shuffle', which could turn into a negative few of our organization.,HubSpot CRM, 15Five, Lesson.lyStreamline Your Hiring with Ease with Workable!We use Workable to manage the hiring processes and candidate pipelines for all our clients. It's an easy way for everyone to see where candidates are in the pipeline and any notes or updates we have on them in real-time. It also tracks our emails between candidates, making our work as transparent as possible - and making it easier for team members to pick up where another one has left off.,Pipeline layout - I can see the whole pipeline easily from a bird's eye view and glean a ton of information with a glance. Not enough finalists? Too many candidates for a specific role still waiting to be scheduled with clients? It helps us prioritize our work in a pinch and pivot as necessary. Email integration - I use Workable with Gmail (business), so whenever I'm away from my desk I can easily keep up to date on communications with candidates. Workable's email tracking feature also enables me to follow a chain of emails between candidates, clients, and other colleagues to stay up to date as needed - right in my own inbox! Transparency - I can see when clients have added notes, when a colleague has reached out to a candidate, when a candidate responded at any time. No need to follow up unnecessarily with people to see if they sent an email yet or heard back from someone - I can see it myself and act accordingly!,Candidate timeline history - you could say it's a double-edged sword. I love that I can follow how a candidate has progressed through the process and see all the notes, correspondence, and stage updates on one page, but it's also too much information sometimes. I wish there was a way that I could just filter it to see email history, for example. Workable going to spam - if you or your client select the option that "hides" your email address in Workable email correspondence, sometimes candidate emails go straight to candidate's spam folders. I try to warn clients and candidates ahead of time about this, but it would be great if it didn't happen at all! People Search - it's a great tool when it works, but oftentimes it brings up candidate search details that are no longer valid or true (out of date resumes, closed email accounts).,9,Workable has a had positive ROI on our workflow management, as the basic pay-as-you-go feature for a single role is incredibly affordable ($50/month) for a 2-3 month mid-to-senior level candidate search. The ease of use has helped us move candidates faster as well - our average time to close a role decreased by 22% after our first 6 months of using Workable.,Greenhouse,LastPass, CalendlyI'm not in HR and I love WorkableOur company uses Workable across our entire organization to keep everyone aligned on potential candidates for open positions and the status of candidates that have been brought in for interviews. Previous to Workable we were trying to track candidates manually and spent a lot of time going back and forth over email and Slack to discuss candidates.,My company is a relatively small startup and we love to maximize each employees social media reach to help find high quality candidates. I can easily go into the "Jobs" section, see open positions and then post to social media sites. If I find who I think might be a qualified candidate can refer them inside of Workable by clicking "Refer a Candidate" Prior to using Workable there was no way for me to easily provide input after interviewing a candidate and see what other interviewers had to say. Now I can quickly input my feedback, see other employees feedback. I personally have a busy schedule that includes travel so it was nice to quickly access a candidate prior to an interview, see their resume and where they are in the interview process. Our HR team loves the Google calendar integration so they can check my schedule and get something set up when I'm going to actually be in the office and available.,It would be nice able to post open positions directly to social media from the Jobs page.,9,Allows employees that are not directly involved in hiring to effortlessly enter the process of interviewing and providing feedback. I can focus on my core responsibilities and not waste time on unnecessary back and forth with HR. Workable allows employees like me that are not in HR and directly involved with hiring to look at open Jobs and help find quality candidates. Save HR time by being able to see my Calendar and quickly schedule interviews or team meetings about candidates.,Octiv (formerly Tinderbox), Google Drive, Zenefits, Expensify, SlackThe Workability of WorkableWorkable is managed within the HR department. I have created accounts for key players in our development, marketing and sales teams, as well as for our executives. This allows me to collaborate with relevant team members when hiring for a particular role. This is our primary ATS platform, and we use it for the purpose of moving applicants through our hiring process. We also spend a great deal of time interacting with the pipeline as a whole. We just last week hired someone we'd last interviewed 6 months ago. We use the tag feature to tag applicants that are not suitable at the time we speak to them for any number of reasons, but that strike us as good options for the future. This last week was a perfect example of that paying off. Using a platform like Workable has helped us streamline this process really well.,Custom email templates: much of the time, you send the same or similar communications throughout the hiring process. Having these templates which you can edit, or send in bulk, really makes the process of communicating the same thing to many applicants is fantastic. Tag an applicant: this allows you to tag someone with any word you choose, like "future" or "sales". When you are looking for someone in sales and want to look back on previous applicants that you liked at the time, you can search for "future + sales" and find them easily. This is exceptional to help you avoid wading through 1000's of applicants you weren't particularly interested in. Moving candidates from stage to stage: the process of moving candidates to different stages of the hiring process is easy, whether you're doing it one at a time or in bulk. This is a great time saver.,Integrations: I'd like to see a few more integrations with other HR platforms. Workable seems limited in this regard. Archiving a job: most things in Workable are easy, but finding a way to archive jobs was surprisingly difficult. Once you've found it, it's easy, but it struck me as odd that it was so difficult to find in the first place. Re-order job listings: I'd love to be able to reorder the listings as they appear on the backend, without being forced into alphabetical order. You can favorite a listing and bring it to the top, but if you favorite more than one, you're once again limited to another subset of alphabetical order.,7,We've managed to hire great people. Our team is a startup and so each hire is crucial. We've made almost no mistakes, and I think Workable has played a part in that success.,Greenhouse,Slack, Zenefits, Google DriveWorkable - could be called MiracleWorkable!Workable recently became our solution of choice for our company and our non-profit foundation. Immediately, we experienced more clarity, consistency, alignment and confidence. It's important to us that every candidate feels part of our community. Workable assures us that every candidate is visible, regardless of how they found us. I love how easy it is for hiring managers to learn how to put their interview toolkit together, connecting our cultural values with job-specific questions.,Candidates get real-time communication! We schedule our interviews through the candidate portal. Customized communication templates help us tailor our responses at every stage of the process. It's so cool to be able to send a different message to people tagged as "friends" or "keep for other role". Easy to sort when you're responding to a group. Hiring managers are learning quickly and using company "approved" questions. All of us are learning from each other because we see the entire communication thread in one window. We LOVE having everything about the candidate in one neat place. Everything! How we found them, social profiles, screening questions, comments, whether they know somebody at the company, resume, contact info, interview history... seriously, in one window. TONS. OF. TIME.,The navigation from the home screen is not really intuitive. But once you get used to it, it's not a big deal. It's such a huge improvement, it's hard to find anything to improve.,10,Clarity, communication, consistency saves time for everyone involved. Candidates write back to us letting us know how pleased they are that we communicate with them... even when they don't get the job. Our leadership team LOVES workable because we can see our entire hiring process, ask questions, raise concerns, etc. Best investment ever.,Namely, Trello
Workable

Workable Reviews

Workable
Filter 14 vetted Workable reviews and ratings
February 22, 2018

User Review: "Workable Works!"

• Visibility - Workable presents your open jobs in a very prominent manner, and makes it easy to see how many candidates are in each stage.
  • Connectivity - Hiring mangers/users of Workable are informed when emails are sent from candidates, and correspondence is stored within the platform. Prior to using Workable, we were having trouble keeping track of messaging going between the recruitment coordinator, hiring managers, and candidates. Although it's not 100% accurate, it has helped with this issue.
  • Reporting - We appreciate the reporting tools Workable has within its platform. We're able to see how we're doing with our hiring, and where we can make improvements, simply by running a report. This is a fairly easy, and user-friendly setting, as well.
  • Support - Workable has recently added a chat feature to their support, which has been incredibly helpful. Previously, you had to send in a request, and it took a bit to get responses. However, now asking a few questions is very easy.
  • Resources - Thankfully, this platform is more than just an ATS. Workable's blog, templates, and training information, among other things, are very helpful. If you have employees who are new to interviewing, there are interview kits within the ATS you can provide. They also have great suggestions when it comes to reviewing your interview process. I've recently been accessing this information, and am thankful I found it!
  • Although Workable is user-friendly, there are times where I find the platform to not be particularly intuitive. There's been several times I've asked a support person how to access what I think is a fairly common-sense feature, and they've said 'we actually don't have that, but that's a great idea! We'll pass that along to our product support team'. An example is the Talent Pool - you would think candidates that apply for a role, but aren't actually a fit could be put in your talent pool, almost like a holding place. Nope - not an option. They have to submit their information through another portal. This, among other features, gives me the impression that actual recruiters/HR professionals were NOT consulting when adding new features/creating the ATS. There's a lot of potential here, but it doesn't seem that anyone actually using the platform was consulted when designing new features.
  • The People Search function seems to be an after thought, and not particularly helpful. This could be that not enough people are in Workable's pool, but I've yet to find it useful.
  • Although Workable will post your jobs to other job boards (Indeed, Glassdoor, etc), it does not communicate with those boards, and you as the use have no access to what's being shown on those boards. I recently had an issue with a role on a board, and had to contact support. I was told I'd have to utilize my Glassdoor account to fix the issue. The problem - I don't have one! My only contact with Glassdoor is via Workable. There has to be a better way for the two to communicate.
  • Features can often be buried within the platform. There have been times where it's difficult to find certain things. Your jobs page is your home screen, which is helpful, but finding items not on that page can often feel like a treasure hunt.
Although I have mentioned some flaws with the features within Workable, overall, I find it to be a helpful tool. It's a great way to house all of your candidates, and keep the interview process moving forward. Because we have various hiring managers using the platform at different times, it's nice that it is user-friendly. Some use it more often than not, so the fact that it isn't over complicated is helpful.

Also, with the integration options that are available, it does a nice job of connecting our various resources outside of Workable. It is rather all-encompassing.

My suggestion would be to think through the features that are being added a bit more. There have been multiple times where I have asked support people about a feature, and they've said 'unfortunately, it doesn't do that. We'll pass that along!'. These are not outlandish requests. They are what most professionals utilizing this system would want/need.
Read Erin Holm's full review
May 25, 2018

Review: "Streamline Your Hiring with Ease with Workable!"

• Pipeline layout - I can see the whole pipeline easily from a bird's eye view and glean a ton of information with a glance. Not enough finalists? Too many candidates for a specific role still waiting to be scheduled with clients? It helps us prioritize our work in a pinch and pivot as necessary.
  • Email integration - I use Workable with Gmail (business), so whenever I'm away from my desk I can easily keep up to date on communications with candidates. Workable's email tracking feature also enables me to follow a chain of emails between candidates, clients, and other colleagues to stay up to date as needed - right in my own inbox!
  • Transparency - I can see when clients have added notes, when a colleague has reached out to a candidate, when a candidate responded at any time. No need to follow up unnecessarily with people to see if they sent an email yet or heard back from someone - I can see it myself and act accordingly!
  • Candidate timeline history - you could say it's a double-edged sword. I love that I can follow how a candidate has progressed through the process and see all the notes, correspondence, and stage updates on one page, but it's also too much information sometimes. I wish there was a way that I could just filter it to see email history, for example.
  • Workable going to spam - if you or your client select the option that "hides" your email address in Workable email correspondence, sometimes candidate emails go straight to candidate's spam folders. I try to warn clients and candidates ahead of time about this, but it would be great if it didn't happen at all!
  • People Search - it's a great tool when it works, but oftentimes it brings up candidate search details that are no longer valid or true (out of date resumes, closed email accounts).
I think Workable is great for small teams who need a nimble but effective applicant tracking system. Transparent, easy to use, wide range of pricing options so that you're never overspending on a specific role. I do wonder if it works just as well for a company at the enterprise level with many more stakeholders involved in a role - hard for me to say because I've never used it in that capacity.
August 24, 2017

User Review: "I'm not in HR and I love Workable"

• My company is a relatively small startup and we love to maximize each employees social media reach to help find high quality candidates. I can easily go into the "Jobs" section, see open positions and then post to social media sites. If I find who I think might be a qualified candidate can refer them inside of Workable by clicking "Refer a Candidate"
  • Prior to using Workable there was no way for me to easily provide input after interviewing a candidate and see what other interviewers had to say. Now I can quickly input my feedback, see other employees feedback.
  • I personally have a busy schedule that includes travel so it was nice to quickly access a candidate prior to an interview, see their resume and where they are in the interview process. Our HR team loves the Google calendar integration so they can check my schedule and get something set up when I'm going to actually be in the office and available.
  • It would be nice able to post open positions directly to social media from the Jobs page.
As someone who is not directly involved in hiring day to day Workable fits my needs perfectly. It lets me see new candidates for jobs that I have been assigned to. My input is asked for on jobs related specifically to my expertise. Once a candidate begins the interview process I can track them through the process and provide input. I have not found any scenarios where Workable does is not well suited for my needs.
Read Dustin McBride's full review
August 23, 2017

User Review: "The Workability of Workable"

• Custom email templates: much of the time, you send the same or similar communications throughout the hiring process. Having these templates which you can edit, or send in bulk, really makes the process of communicating the same thing to many applicants is fantastic.
  • Tag an applicant: this allows you to tag someone with any word you choose, like "future" or "sales". When you are looking for someone in sales and want to look back on previous applicants that you liked at the time, you can search for "future + sales" and find them easily. This is exceptional to help you avoid wading through 1000's of applicants you weren't particularly interested in.
  • Moving candidates from stage to stage: the process of moving candidates to different stages of the hiring process is easy, whether you're doing it one at a time or in bulk. This is a great time saver.
  • Integrations: I'd like to see a few more integrations with other HR platforms. Workable seems limited in this regard.
  • Archiving a job: most things in Workable are easy, but finding a way to archive jobs was surprisingly difficult. Once you've found it, it's easy, but it struck me as odd that it was so difficult to find in the first place.
  • Re-order job listings: I'd love to be able to reorder the listings as they appear on the backend, without being forced into alphabetical order. You can favorite a listing and bring it to the top, but if you favorite more than one, you're once again limited to another subset of alphabetical order.
Workable is really well suited to collaborating with team members during the hiring process. It makes this really easy, efficient and effective. It's easy to add new users, for users to look through the applicant history, to ask questions, tag other users, leave comments, etc. Other members can also read interview templates and see what the interviews to date have yielded. Workable doesn't seem to have a lot going for it in terms of sourcing candidates. It seems limited, primarily, toward managing inbound applicants. I'd like to see more outreach.
Read Brad Price's full review
September 01, 2017

Review: "Workable - could be called MiracleWorkable!"

• Candidates get real-time communication! We schedule our interviews through the candidate portal. Customized communication templates help us tailor our responses at every stage of the process. It's so cool to be able to send a different message to people tagged as "friends" or "keep for other role". Easy to sort when you're responding to a group.
  • Hiring managers are learning quickly and using company "approved" questions. All of us are learning from each other because we see the entire communication thread in one window.
  • We LOVE having everything about the candidate in one neat place. Everything! How we found them, social profiles, screening questions, comments, whether they know somebody at the company, resume, contact info, interview history... seriously, in one window.
  • TONS. OF. TIME.
  • The navigation from the home screen is not really intuitive. But once you get used to it, it's not a big deal.
  • It's such a huge improvement, it's hard to find anything to improve.
Workable should be called MiracleWorkable. We absolutely love it.

The only scenario that may not work is when you're conducting a "silent search" and don't want to share the info with other admins.
Read Colleen Clark's full review
August 22, 2017

User Review: "Workable workability"

We use Workable for hiring employees - full time, seasonal, and interns. It is used across the company in all of our different departments. Each user that does hiring has a specific log in where they are able to view candidates for the job listing that they posted. So in my particular department, I can view one job listing, and my coworker can view a different if we are each hiring.
  • Very good work flow. It is good for moving people as you progress along the hiring process.
  • Automatically moves disqualified candidates out of the running, which is also nice.
  • Great communication features and pre-made responses.
  • I wish that once you closed the job listing, Workable would automatically send a denial email to anyone who didn't get the position.
  • Wish there was as-you-go training.
  • When I log in, I can see my whole company's job listings. Wish it was narrowed down to just mine.
Workable is great for hiring interns, as I use it. We don't have a huge flow of traffic coming through applying, but enough that the organizational level is highly appreciated. I also really like the automatic "disqualified" feature since this position needs to receive college credit and a lot of people who apply won't be receiving it. I have never used it with a higher trafficked position, but I can imagine that people would get lost in the submission process with how it is set up.
Read Amanda Ludwig's full review

Workable Scorecard Summary

Job Requisition Management (4)
Company Website Posting (5)
Publish to Social Media (5)
Job Search Site Posting (5)
Customized Application Form (5)
Resume Management (5)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (4)
5.5
Candidate Search (5)
6.0
Applicant Tracking (6)
Collaboration (6)
Task Creation and Delegation (4)
5.9
Email Templates (5)
User Permissions (5)
Notifications and Alerts (6)
Reporting (5)

About Workable

Workable is a cloud-based ATS developed by Workable in Boston, MA.This product offers the full suite of features typical of applicant tracking systems, emphasizing a warm, user-friendly interface and mobile accessibility. Standard features include batch or mass communication with potential candidates via multiple channels such as email or by leveraging its integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn) and commonly used applications (e.g. Outlook, Google Apps), instantaneous posting to multiple job boards, the ability to design a customizable and mobile friendly career page, resume parsing, and tracking reporting.This relatively straightforward platform is meant for use by companies of any size and is sold at five levels depending only on the number of simultaneous job postings, including the inexpensive Starter and Lite options, the middle ground Standard option, and the heavier Professional and Enterprise options.